GS: Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Xbox) in stock

Here's why this is a deal. Just go look at the completed auctions for Xbox copies on eBay. Just look at the "very good" listings. A bunch of them ending for between $60 and $75 for copies that even mint or near mint. With CAG16, you can get this for about $50, plus tax. If you have EDGE card, you'll get less than $50. Thus, it's a deal. And as was probably already pointed out, if you get it, and the game isn't complete, or it's all scratched up, you can return to any GameStop store.

Now, do I think a lot of CAGs would be interested in this? Doubt it. But there are plenty of deals that are posted that many CAGs probably wouldn't be interested in. As long as it's a deal, though, it should be posted, if someone comes across it.

[quote name='heavyd853']They lost the license before the ps2 and xbox ports were released.[/QUOTE]
Capcom had the rights until 2002, making the PS2 & XBOX ports of MvC2 the last game they did before it expired.

[quote name='Thrinn']Capcom had the rights until 2002, making the PS2 & XBOX ports of MvC2 the last game they did before it expired.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Plinko']You guys realize this is coming out on July 17 for XBLA, right?

And no, I'm not joking.[/QUOTE] That's news to me. I haven't heard anything official about the release date.

[quote name='heavyd853']They lost the license before the ps2 and xbox ports were released.[/quote]

If that were the case then Capcom would be able to reprint it today on the PS2.

Capcom lost the rights to Marvel in 2002, just after the ports of MvC2 were released for the Xbox and PS2.

[quote name='Plinko']You guys realize this is coming out on July 17 for XBLA, right?

And no, I'm not joking.[/QUOTE] That's news to me. I haven't heard anything official about the release date. Rarely does MS reveal XBLA dates more than a week or two in advance. Have they ever announced an XBLA release date 4 months in advance?

If you Spend $60 or $80 on this game you do not belong on CAG, shame on you.

this is not EAG (Expensive Ass Gamer)

Besides here in Miami Downtown Miami they have tons of these little mom and pop electronic stores with ton of old games they barely sell, I could swearI saw a Mint unopened copy in a window 2 weeks ago.

[quote name='Hacker Snacker']If you Spend $60 or $80 on this game you do not belong on CAG, shame on you.

Besides here in Miami Downtown Miami they have tons of these little mom and pop electronic stores with ton of old games they barely sell, I could swearI saw a Mint unopened copy in a window 2 weeks ago.[/quote]

Then you best go buy every copy they have...

[quote name='Camwi']Also, it's one of the most badass fighting games ever made.[/quote]

It's also one of the most unbalanced fighter's around.

[quote name='Hacker Snacker']If you Spend $60 or $80 on this game you do not belong on CAG, shame on you.

this is not EAG (Expensive Ass Gamer)[/QUOTE]There's a good chance that a hardcore fighting-game fan who is willing to pay $60 for this game will get much, much more playtime than a typical CAG would get out of six games at $10 each.

That's ridiculous why PS2 version goes for $200 on ebay when Xbox only $60. Xbox was the better version according to reviews at the time because of better loading, less frame-rate issues too.

And no, I'm not joking.[/QUOTE]

Haven't read or heard on thing about that. It's a rumor, nothing more.

More to the point, in order to bring their "Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes" to the US (cosidering that as-is it's a rights clearance nightmare), capcom went to Marvel (who just took away rights to Activision for their fucking POS Rise of the Imperfects) to remove the Tatsunoko characters and plug in Marvel characters and release that as MvC3. The rumor is that XBLA and PSN rights to MvC2 were also discussed. Nothing concrete yet.

That said, if MAME Dev finally cracks the Naomi driver, it will be a moot point. Nothing is cheaper than free.

[quote name='robbyH']

That said, if MAME Dev finally cracks the Naomi driver, it will be a moot point. Nothing is cheaper than free.[/quote]

Promotion of piracy? Isn't that a bannable offense here?

[quote name='namtsui']are you guys sure mvc2 is coming out for xbox[/quote]

It was rated by the ESRB a while back, but from all the information I've read no date is confirmed, but it's HIGHLY likely it will at some point.. although details of online modes/anything else are still unknown.

But we all know its gonna be 1600 points/$20.. this will be a huge cash cow.. especially with online play.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']It was rated by the ESRB a while back, but from all the information I've read no date is confirmed, but it's HIGHLY likely it will at some point.. although details of online modes/anything else are still unknown.

But we all know its gonna be 1600 points/$20.. this will be a huge cash cow.. especially with online play.[/quote]

for sure nice heres hoping marvel comes out for xbox

[quote name='Hacker Snacker']If you Spend $60 or $80 on this game you do not belong on CAG, shame on you.[/quote]

Did you join CAG this month just to lay down that law?

[quote name='tinman_licks']That's ridiculous why PS2 version goes for $200 on ebay when Xbox only $60. Xbox was the better version according to reviews at the time because of better loading, less frame-rate issues too.[/quote]

If quality was the determining factor, the Dreamcast version would be the most expensive.

I always figured it was supply and demand. Many more have a PS2 than Xbox, so ... Out of several of the multiplatform rarer games (Futurama, Fatal Frame I & II, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II), the PS2 version goes for more.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Gonna Take You For A Ride!!!![/quote]

Wow, that made me giggle. I have very fond memories of this game. They better release on XBLA or PSN soon otherwise im MAME'ing it. lol

[quote name='tinman_licks']That's ridiculous why PS2 version goes for $200 on ebay when Xbox only $60. Xbox was the better version according to reviews at the time because of better loading, less frame-rate issues too.[/quote]

because those issues were patched and fixed.

And because It plays perfectly on all PS2's and Launch PS3's with the Emotion Engine Chip.

Where as the Xbox and Xbox 360 versions Are buggy and glitchy.

The Xbox 360 version is barely playable and they were never patched.

Because Capcom had to rush development and shipping and Disk production right up until the last day they had the rights. The Xbox Version was Rushed and they lost the rights and never patched it.

The PS2 version was at least patched and plays better.

It might even play well on software emulation PS3's liek the MGS4 bundle

[/quote]

Value is in the eye of the beholder.

There were similar complaints that the very idea of dropping $150 on a "crappy Mad Catz joystick" was anti-CAG. The fightstick turned out to be rock solid and worth every penny and more -- to those who appreciate such things.

Similary, to those who seek out deals for $75 limited edition releases on new games - if they dig the chotskies and alt. covers, who's to say that's not a "deal".

For those who love the genre, appreciate the collectability, $60 for a game can still be a deal.

[quote name='Hacker Snacker']The PS2 version was at least patched and plays better. [/QUOTE] I thought the only games to ever be patched on the PS2 were the SOCOM games and games that use the HDD.

Edge discounts are *not* a specific gaming deal, which is what this board is for...specific gaming deals.
Perhaps someone should post every single XBOX1 game EBgames has in stock, each in it's own thread then say something about "Edge+ discount"?

Has anyone who has read this thread gone down to their local GS because of this thread? Has anyone from this board seen this XBOX1 version in GS lately?

I repeat, this is *not* a specific game deal, therefore the thread belongs on another board.

[quote name='expane']Edge discounts are *not* a specific gaming deal, which is what this board is for...specific gaming deals.[/quote]

This is no different than any other "rare" find. People are constantly putting "rare" find posts up in this section. And they don't get deleted. So, this is the same thing. It's not so much about CAG16 and EDGE as it is pointing out the fact that it's available. If you have a problem with that, I can certainly understand that, but you should take it up with the moderation team.

Has anyone who has read this thread gone down to their local GS because of this thread? Has anyone from this board seen this XBOX1 version in GS lately?
Why would anyone go to the store? The point of the thread was to inform people that it was available online.

I repeat, this is *not* a specific game deal, therefore the thread belongs on another board.
And yet, it's still here, days later. So, I guess it is a deal. I've seen things moved within hours here. The fact that it's still here apparently means the moderators feel differently.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']And yet, it's still here, days later. So, I guess it is a deal. I've seen things moved within hours here. The fact that it's still here apparently means the moderators feel differently.[/QUOTE] I do agree with you that the this thread should remain open.

However, this games value carries a bit of shock value, thus the link in the OP will get more clicks than normal from people just checking the price out for themselves. People may have trouble believing that a used game can go for $60, and CheapyD does make money every time someone clicks on the link. To shut this particular thread down would be to refuse potential referral money.

[quote name='salty tbone']Did you join CAG this month just to lay down that law?

If quality was the determining factor, the Dreamcast version would be the most expensive.

I always figured it was supply and demand. Many more have a PS2 than Xbox, so ... Out of several of the multiplatform rarer games (Futurama, Fatal Frame I & II, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II), the PS2 version goes for more.[/QUOTE]

Yea the Xbox version of Fatal Frame has the extra but are much more expensive than the PS2 version.

[quote name='salty tbone']Did you join CAG this month just to lay down that law?

I always figured it was supply and demand. Many more have a PS2 than Xbox, so ... Out of several of the multiplatform rarer games (Futurama, Fatal Frame I & II, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II), the PS2 version goes for more.[/quote]

Who the hell wants to play fighting games with the shitty Xbox pads? If you're not using a stick then I'd say that the PS2 has the best controller for this game, which is reason enough to get it on PS2 over the Xbox. The PS2 version gets hated on a lot but it's still completely playable and addictive. If you're not completely hardcore into fighters then you most likely won't even notice the differences between the versions.

[quote name='DX']Meh.....I got the definative Dreamcast versions of both games and can run them through VGA.

I win?[/quote]

Depends. Do you have a set of Agetec sticks (modded or not)?

If so: chicken dinner for you. :cool:

[quote name='Hacker Snacker']because those issues were patched and fixed.

And because It plays perfectly on all PS2's and Launch PS3's with the Emotion Engine Chip.

Because Capcom had to rush development and shipping and Disk production right up until the last day they had the rights. The Xbox Version was Rushed and they lost the rights and never patched it.

It might even play well on software emulation PS3's like the MGS4 bundle[/quote]

It plays well on my emulation PS3. Haven't had any issues playing it. The thing is I can't find anybody to play with they all suck. Also, there has to be a way to unlock all the characters. Any codes?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']This is no different than any other "rare" find. People are constantly putting "rare" find posts up in this section. And they don't get deleted. So, this is the same thing. It's not so much about CAG16 and EDGE as it is pointing out the fact that it's available. If you have a problem with that, I can certainly understand that, but you should take it up with the moderation team.

Why would anyone go to the store? The point of the thread was to inform people that it was available online.

And yet, it's still here, days later. So, I guess it is a deal. I've seen things moved within hours here. The fact that it's still here apparently means the moderators feel differently.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever bought GS online?

Video Game Deals - The best video game deals in the world are here. Only registered CAGs have full access.
DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. ONLY POST SPECIFIC DEALS!

[quote name='expane']Have you ever bought GS online?[/quote]

If the game comes scratched or incomplete, you can easily return it to any GS store. Easy as pie. Sorry, but you're running out of excuses as to why this isn't a deal. If one gets lucky and is shipped a complete copy in good condition, this deal really can't be beat, unless you get really, really lucky in a pawn shop or on Craigslist. If you get a piece of crap, you can simply return it, and you'll maybe lose out on a few minutes of your time and a buck in gas.

[quote name='TwinTurboJosh']Correct, several insiders have all but confirmed that this game will be arriving on both PSN and XBL in time for EVO 2009 this summer. Since the game will likely be $10 tops, I'd hold out on purchasing a disk copy of the game. Now, in fact, might be the best time to unload if anyone has a non-Dreamcast copy of the game.[/quote]

I have a Dreamcast copy of the game that I'm trying to unload along with my Dreamcast (w/ 4 controllers) + 18 other games. I created a thread in the trading forum if anyone is interested...

I'm glad I craiglisted my ps2 version before it allegedly becomes DLC. Ironically I'll probably buy it since I have the newer nonBC 80gb ps3 -_-.

I bought the PS2 version having missed my original Dreamcast copy that I sold when I got rid of the system. I still haven't seen rock solid proof that MvsC2 is coming out for XBLA/PSN (although I believe it will at some point), but even if it does I will probably keep my disc. I'll always take a real physical copy of a game over a download that you technically don't own.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']If the game comes scratched or incomplete, you can easily return it to any GS store. Easy as pie. Sorry, but you're running out of excuses as to why this isn't a deal. If one gets lucky and is shipped a complete copy in good condition, this deal really can't be beat, unless you get really, really lucky in a pawn shop or on Craigslist. If you get a piece of crap, you can simply return it, and you'll maybe lose out on a few minutes of your time and a buck in gas.[/QUOTE]

ROFL excuses? You just contradicted yourself. You said "why would someone go to a GS when they can buy online" now you're telling us we should buy online and then go to the store to return the junk copy that you have a 50% chance of getting?

Lets see, "Why is this not a specific gaming deal" by expane

- it's not on sale
- it's been "in stock" for years

[quote name='Hacker Snacker']because those issues were patched and fixed.

It might even play well on software emulation PS3's liek the MGS4 bundle[/QUOTE]

PS2 software didn't have widespread harddrive support so I don't think there was a way for it be patched. I've only encountered patches for Xbox games. Not sure where you're getting your info

[quote name='expane']ROFL excuses? You just contradicted yourself. You said "why would someone go to a GS when they can buy online" now you're telling us we should buy online and then go to the store to return the junk copy that you have a 50% chance of getting?

Lets see, "Why is this not a specific gaming deal" by expane

- it's not on sale
- it's been "in stock" for years[/quote]

:roll:

Whatever, man. I would explain it again, but you clearly are not the type of person who admits when they wrong...or even just says, "Screw it," and shuts up. It's ok. I don't even know why I'm bothering with the likes of you. I'm just tired of CAG "elitists" like you who have to cry everytime something gets posted they don't want. Here's an idea: don't go in the thread. Oh my God, I know it might be hard, but I'm sure you can do it.

[quote name='tinman_licks']PS2 software didn't have widespread harddrive support so I don't think there was a way for it be patched. I've only encountered patches for Xbox games. Not sure where you're getting your info[/quote]

It wasn't patched like a download. It was patched from the arcade and had it's flaws fixed. The xbox version was bad.

NOT SURE WHERE YOU'RE GETTING YOUR INFO

[quote name='fairtrade']Is it just me, or did all fighting games on XBox somehow totally suck? :whistle2:s[/quote]

i think your overlooking a lot of the 3d games.. such as DOA's, and the mortal kombats.. Soul Caliber II was another strong game... and not too bad of an extra char (SPAWN!) i loved my gamecube version though (GO LINK!) (both looked better on the XBOX IMHO)

You're also forgetting about the guilty gears that appeared on the xbox... those were FAIRLY strong... i mean if GG was ur thing... u couldn't go wrong with the ones released on the xbox

other than that... i dont think there's much worth purchasing as far as the xbox fighting games are concerned

NOW... the N64... that was a ROUGH system for fighting games (mace the dark age.. i guess was good.. but mortal kombat trilogy was much weaker than its PSone counterpart...)

[quote name='fairtrade']Is it just me, or did all fighting games on XBox somehow totally suck? :whistle2:s[/quote]

The only XBox fighting game I ever really played was Kung Fu Chaos and it was THE SHIT.

Ugghh. What's up with everyones deal with Gamestop. It's the best place to buy games B&M (yes I've tried Gamecrazy, it's the same thing with similar TIV). Bunch of whiny ass people complaining about gamestop because of gutted stuff and TIVs. No one is asking you to go there! Go buy online or another store and shut up

While I agree people need to stop hating on GS so much, they are definitely not the best B&M store to buy games. Not by a long shot.

Re: Is it just me, or did all fighting games on XBox somehow totally suck?

I should have been more specific. I meant 2D fighting games. I can agree that Soul Calibur II was ok (not my preferred version of that game) and the MK games were aight (if you like MK). DOA doesn't do anything for me.

[quote name='fairtrade']Re: Is it just me, or did all fighting games on XBox somehow totally suck?

I should have been more specific. I meant 2D fighting games.[/QUOTE] I'm not sure if I reading that right, but are you saying it has a lack of good 2D figthers? Cause you then list a bunch of 3D fighters you're not impressed with.

You've got the Guilty Gear games, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (including SF3), Mortal Kombat 2 & 3 in the Midway collection, Marvel vs Capcom 2, and Capcom vs. SNK 2. Xbox can hold it's own in terms of 2D fighters, as long as you've got an arcade stick to use.

In terms of 3D fighters, I can only think of Tekken and Virtua Fighter that the Xbox missed out on.

[quote name='Thrinn']Cause you then list a bunch of 3D fighters you're not impressed with.[/quote]

No, I think those are technically impressive 3D fighters. I didn't like any of them, but they were impressive nonetheless.

You've got the Guilty Gear games,

Game, not games. X2# only, Isuka is shit no matter what system it is on.

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (including SF3).... Marvel vs Capcom 2, and Capcom vs. SNK 2.

I forgot about SFAC and CvS2. I wasn't impressed with any of them on XBox, but I suppose never breaking out the SF 15th Anniversary stick probably didn't help. Point taken.

I guess once you have owned a Dreamcast everything else just seems lame by comparison. Which reminds me I still need to get another Agetec stick someday and mod the two of them.

bread's done
Back