GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JJSP']You can buy a $0.99 copy of Sneak King if need be.[/QUOTE]

Promo says full value has to be towards used purchase, is this not true? Could I get say DQIX used and then put the rest towards a Radiant Historia preorder?

[quote name='ponn01']Promo says full value has to be towards used purchase, is this not true? Could I get say DQIX used and then put the rest towards a Radiant Historia preorder?[/QUOTE]

Technically they could make you do that, but the bonus activates as long as you buy anything used. Given that most of the employees don't even know what promos they have going on just find a used item take it up with your trades have them do your trades and purchase all in one transaction and the computer should take care of the rest. But please be smart, do the math for about how much you should get, I can't believe how many people complain about GS cheating them on a deal when they themselves signed off on it before making sure it went through, but I digress.

[quote name='ponn01']Promo says full value has to be towards used purchase, is this not true? Could I get say DQIX used and then put the rest towards a Radiant Historia preorder?[/QUOTE]

Does anyone remember if the promo was worded that way last time?

Base TIV: 1/20/11

120 gb xbox 360 Hard Drive

(on a side note didnt trade it in and would rather burn it than let GS have it for $20)

any extra credit will be put on your card and you can spend it however you wish.

You can trade in LBP2 for $24 dollars, buy madden 2001 for .99 to bump your trade in to 36 dollars then put 35.01(minus tax) on your card. Then spend that 35.01 anyway you would normally spend money on a GS GC.

[quote name='bruticus']Base TIV: 1/20/11

120 gb xbox 360 Hard Drive

(on a side note didnt trade it in and would rather burn it than let GS have it for $20)[/QUOTE]
Good call.
Although, I would part with it at $30.

Does this trade in bonus work on accessories as well? If so you could of gotten 31 for it after edge and bonus for buying any used game(.99)

Considering the HD is going for 46 shipped on Ebay, you figure 5 bucks to ship it and 5 bucks for fees, you aren't to far behind on that trade in.

I just got a text from GS saying to go to gamestop.com/credit for my unused trade-in credit. So I did and it said I have $20.74 in unused credit. I'm not complaining, but now I'm left wondering where this came from? I always keep my trade-in credit on my PUR card so I'm curious how I GS came across "unused" trade-in credit??

Not that I'm complaining, I'm just curious. :D

[quote name='chuckywang']I just got a text from GS saying to go to gamestop.com/credit for my unused trade-in credit. So I did and it said I have $20.74 in unused credit. I'm not complaining, but now I'm left wondering where this came from? I always keep my trade-in credit on my PUR card so I'm curious how I GS came across "unused" trade-in credit??

Not that I'm complaining, I'm just curious. :D[/QUOTE]

Since you mention this, I had got a VM on the 17th that mentioned something about an unused reservation credit and gave the address of the specific location. I just figured they were referring to my preorder of either Homefront or Uncharted 3, but I will have to go see if they have some "free money" for me too.

[quote name='chuckywang']I just got a text from GS saying to go to gamestop.com/credit for my unused trade-in credit. So I did and it said I have $20.74 in unused credit. I'm not complaining, but now I'm left wondering where this came from? I always keep my trade-in credit on my PUR card so I'm curious how I GS came across "unused" trade-in credit??

Not that I'm complaining, I'm just curious. :D[/QUOTE]

Lol, thanks for posting this, I just went there and typed in some information for the hell of it and it said I had $15.30.

[quote name='nietzsche74']Does anyone remember if the promo was worded that way last time?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was. But whether or not you actually had to do that depended on the employee. Some employees I went to never even heard of the promo at all until I brought it up to them (and this was several weeks into the promotion.) #-o

So I could practically get around $30 for my copy of New Vegas (with EDGE/Power-UP) IF i trade towards a copy of RDR (or another used game..this is just what peaks my interest right now)?

On a side note...people like the guy above me, i totally would've given you more than $8.50 for MoH.

You people will just take any amount won't cha? And i'm over here having to pay damn $40 for MoH, or $50 for DA:O UE...tis royal B.S.

help a brotha out!

[quote name='jcp42877']So I could practically get around $30 for my copy of New Vegas (with EDGE/Power-UP) IF i trade towards a copy of RDR (or another used game..this is just what peaks my interest right now)?

On a side note...people like the guy above me, i totally would've given you more than $8.50 for MoH.

You people will just take any amount won't cha? And i'm over here having to pay damn $40 for MoH, or $50 for DA:O UE...tis royal B.S.

help a brotha out![/QUOTE]

Did you muss the EA.com sale online? DA UE was $25 and MoH was $20 a few days ago.

[quote name='jcp42877']So I could practically get around $30 for my copy of New Vegas (with EDGE/Power-UP) IF i trade towards a copy of RDR (or another used game..this is just what peaks my interest right now)?

help a brotha out![/QUOTE]

If you've got that kind of money to throw around, you're doing better than a lot of us.

Guys, please remember that it's in our best interest to not alienate people from posting here because every time they do, they get harassed because you think they got a bad deal. We know, and it doesn't affect you, so don't worry about it.

[quote name='walterj13']TIV as of 1/21/11

PS3

Littlebig planet 2 $24 =(

surpize only worth 24 lol ahh well good thing for the 60% extra bonus trade[/QUOTE]

more games TIV as of 1/21/11 base

PS3
WWE smackdown Vs raw 2011 $17
Modnation racer $8

Xbox 360

fable 2 w/dlc platinum hits $6
forza 3 (2 discs) $7

total after buying a .99 cent game =) i got like $98 thats with LBP 2 i was like really that much! i was thinkin alittle over $60 lol got to love these 60% extra trade in hehe

[quote name='walterj13']more games TIV as of 1/21/11 base

PS3
WWE smackdown Vs raw 2011 $17
Modnation racer $8

Xbox 360

fable 2 w/dlc platinum hits $6
forza 3 (2 discs) $7

total after buying a .99 cent used ps2 game =) i got like $98 thats with LBP 2 i was like really that much! i was thinkin alittle over $60 lol got to love these 60% extra trade in hehe[/QUOTE]

and was surpize they took the MNR it said right on the game NOT FOR RESALE i even ask b4 tradin it in if they would take it and he was like yea lol

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Survivalism']If you've got that kind of money to throw around, you're doing better than a lot of us.

Guys, please remember that it's in our best interest to not alienate people from posting here because every time they do, they get harassed because you think they got a bad deal. We know, and it doesn't affect you, so don't worry about it.[/QUOTE]

I'm not harassing anyone dude. I'm only stating that I would have (today even!) given the guy like $17-18 shipped for MoH instead of his $8.50. Sure, not great..but it's more than double what he got from GS.

I'm also just firmly suggesting that they should try the Trade Forums on here to sell their stuff instead of taking the easy road that is Gamestop TIV's

I went to a GS today to trade in a few games, but I couldn't think of anything used that I wanted. The employee told me to just grab a cheap used game and buy the new game I wanted and she credited me the extra 50%. I figured it would work but I wasn't sure if they'd be cool with it. I don't know if she was just really lax or if the system just automatically registered the bonus with the addition of any used game.

[quote name='ets']Why assume he traded in MoH? I've stated base tiv before without actually trading them in...[/QUOTE]

Woah, woah, woah, this is the internet get out of here with your rational thinking.

11/21
iconxbox360.gif

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $20
Call of Duty: Black Ops $25

iconps2_r2.gif

Madden 2001 $0.20

;)

Base Values from 1/20
:360:
Enslaved - $11
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 - $20
Castlevania LoS - $14
Fable 3 - $20
Mafia 2 - $12
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom - $10
Dead Space - $6
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - $20
Fallout New Vegas - $17
Bayonetta - $4
Gears of War 2 - $1.50
Splinter Cell Conviction - $3
Batman: Arkham Asylum - $7
Dead Rising 2 - $17
Tomb Raider Underworld - $2.50
Tomb Raider Legend - $1.50

All in all, it was about $270 after the promos which i thought was pretty good. picked up a bunch of games for my new PS3 :)

Traded (PS3):

Tron - Evolution: $17
Street Fighter IV: $2.50

Was able to get a $29.25 total with a $4.99 purchase of Genji. The remainder went towards a new Mass Effect 2 (seperate transaction.)

In regards to the Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale they have online.... does this work with all USED games?

I tried doing Kinect Sports, Dance Central, and Dragon Age:Origins Ultimate Edition and it didn't discount anything and yes I used the Buy2Get1 promo code. If anyone could help me it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Promo information.

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']25% Power Trade is Killzone 3, Marvel vs Capcom 3, and Little Big Planet 2. valid till 2/6

Trade your Ds towards a 3ds,
DS Lite gets you $50.00
DSi gets you 75.00
DSiXL gets you 100 valid till 2/6

The 50% trade promo for trading in towards used goes to 1-30

Free GPG on used goes till 1-29[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Donut2922']11/21
iconxbox360.gif

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $20
Call of Duty: Black Ops $25

iconps2_r2.gif

Madden 2001 $0.20

;)[/QUOTE]
SWEET! I still have my Madden 2001 too! I might have to get rid of it for 20 cents! :) Seriously though, I do have this game and thought it was funny you posted a TIV for it. I was actually thinking about throwing it in the trash today too!

[quote name='wrencrest']SWEET! I still have my Madden 2001 too! I might have to get rid of it for 20 cents! :) Seriously though, I do have this game and thought it was funny you posted a TIV for it. I was actually thinking about throwing it in the trash today too![/QUOTE]

Yeah the employee thought it was funny how the system worked out that way buying a $0.99 game so he said "let's just trade that back in and see how you much you get for shits and giggles" :D

Got my $0.02 for PUR stack!!!! Madden 2001 FTW!

[quote name='joeyshadows']I went to a GS today to trade in a few games, but I couldn't think of anything used that I wanted. The employee told me to just grab a cheap used game and buy the new game I wanted and she credited me the extra 50%. I figured it would work but I wasn't sure if they'd be cool with it. I don't know if she was just really lax or if the system just automatically registered the bonus with the addition of any used game.[/QUOTE]

The system automatically does it as soon as a used game hits the transaction the trade-in is on.

So I got my new copy of Space chimps today and could not be happier...actually I also ordered Mafia II for $14 bucks and they sent me the CE :) It is in pristine condition...the score CD is unopened and the download code was still good. This is by far my best experience with GS and part of the reason I still will buy used at the right price.

All PS3:
Red dead redemption-$16
Tekken 6-$8
Simpsons the game-$8
Cod MW2-$6.40
Killzone 2-$6.40
Star Wars TFU-$9.60
Bioshock 2-$8
and..
Guitar Hero Aerosmith-$0.39 (lol)
Got $62.79 Total w/the power up card.

[quote name='fulgore25']All PS3: