GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, whatever you think about gamestop, JP has really been on top of updating this thread and doing a lot for the community. Go vote for him, he deserves it!

I thank you guys for the thought, but I'm sure there are more deserving individuals on the forums.

[quote name='JP']Info I received today.[/QUOTE]

Little more info from an email I just got from Gamestop:

Starting Friday, February 11, through Sunday, March 6, get an extra 50% trade-in credit* on any games you trade at any GameStop store.

And, because you’re a PowerUp Rewards member, you get access a whole day earlier than everyone else!

So, on Thursday, February 10, bring your games to any GameStop store, present your PowerUp Rewards card to activate your trade bonus, and get even more for your trades – even sooner!

[quote name='Munny1212']Anyone know if they accept Street Fighter 4 fightpads for a trade-in?[/QUOTE]

There is no SKU for it so it would just be taken in at whatever the value for a wired 360 controller is, which is less than $10. You'd be much better off selling online somewhere since the Mad Catz fightpads are now discontinued (the new one for MvC 3 is not a Mad Catz one and is different as it has an analog stick instead of an oversized D-Pad.)

[quote name='FireWarrior']so the promo only applies to PowerUp Rewards members? damn[/QUOTE]

For the first day on Thursday, Friday is open to everyone if I read it correctly.

Hey David,

Starting Friday, February 11, through Sunday, March 6, get an extra 50% trade-in credit* on any games you trade at any GameStop store.

And, because you’re a PowerUp Rewards member, you get access a whole day earlier than everyone else!

So, on Thursday, February 10, bring your games to any GameStop store, present your PowerUp Rewards card to activate your trade bonus, and get even more for your tradeseven sooner!

a whole day earlier!

[quote name='Irukandji']Ouch[/QUOTE]
??

23 + 50%(bonus) + 10%(power up) = 36.80

Considering that you are able to buy the game at 42 bucks new from Amazon. Doesn't seem that bad.

As of 2/10

All for 360:

Force Unleashed 2: $17
Fable 3: $22
Family Game Night 3: $12
Family Game Night: $7
GTA IV: $5
Black Ops: $25
Monopoly Streets: $12

Ended up with $160 after 60% promo.

[quote name='Denbo32']??

23 + 50%(bonus) + 10%(power up) = 36.80

Considering that you are able to buy the game at 42 bucks new from Amazon. Doesn't seem that bad.[/QUOTE]

But it's Gamestop!!! They are the worst!!! They want to eat your children!!!

Went to Gamestop today

iconxbox360.gif

Street Fighter 4- $2.00
UFC 2010- $7.00
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2- $5.00

iconps3.gif

MLB 10- $6
Madden NFL 2011- $18

iconps2_r2.gif

PS2 Network Adapter- $1.00

With the 60% deal today I got a totaled of $61.90.

I'm sorry to be the obvious question guy, but if I go to GS today and upgrade my Edge card to the PowerUp Pro program I should be able to get the 50% extra credit correct?

[quote name='UberSwiss']I'm sorry to be the obvious question guy, but if I go to GS today and upgrade my Edge card to the PowerUp Pro program I should be able to get the 50% extra credit correct?[/QUOTE]

Yep, just did this myself.

[quote name='Jello1996']Yep, just did this myself.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Just got back from there and worked like a charm, however, I was upset that I was forced to renew it even though my edge card said it expires through 2/11.

TIV:
360:
Blur: $10
Bioshock 2: $5
Madden NFL 2011: $20
Halo Wars: $8

PS3
SingStar Dance: $11
MLB 10: $6

Wii:
Pokemon Battle Revolution: $14
Goldeneye 007: $18
Animal Crossing: $7
Tatsunoko vs Capcom: $9
Pikmin $6

I ended up getting $182.40

50% trade up doesn't take away from the fact that you still have to pay MSRP for anything and everything at GameStop. I'll still do my trade-ins via amazon or goozex.

[quote name='Darknuke']50% trade up doesn't take away from the fact that you still have to pay MSRP for anything and everything at GameStop. I'll still do my trade-ins via amazon or goozex.[/QUOTE]

Not if you are buying used games. I wouldn't buy anything new from GS unless you are looking for exclusives.

[quote name='Darknuke']50% trade up doesn't take away from the fact that you still have to pay MSRP for anything and everything at GameStop. I'll still do my trade-ins via amazon or goozex.[/QUOTE]

But then again, many people have been complaining about NorAm (the distributor that handles Amazon's trade ins) damaging their games. And Goozex is far from perfect. As douchy as many of the employees are at Gamestop I have never had one outright break one of my games when I traded it in. If you can take advantage of the trade-in offers then you can get better deals from Gamestop than those other sources right up front. I got more from them for games like Fable 3 and Black Ops ($40!) recently than people would be willing to even pay me on here or eBay.

Had to run out and take advantage of that Madden 11 price :D

Couple other values before/after 50% + 10%

Resonance of Fate (360) $11.00 > $17.60 (more than I paid Newegg for it)
Divinity II (360) $6.00 > $9.60

That's why I just buy MS points there, which are rarely buyable under MSRP anyway.

so you're saying when I buy used games at buy 2 get 1 free, and then trade them in with a 60% bonus.. I'm paying MSRP for anything and everything and not making out well?

mmkay.

[quote name='Rozz']But then again, many people have been complaining about NorAm (the distributor that handles Amazon's trade ins) damaging their games. And Goozex is far from perfect. As douchy as many of the employees are at Gamestop I have never had one outright break one of my games when I traded it in. If you can take advantage of the trade-in offers then you can get better deals from Gamestop than those other sources right up front. I got more from them for games like Fable 3 and Black Ops ($40!) recently than people would be willing to even pay me on here or eBay.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got screwed the one time I did Amazon's trade in thing so I refuse now to do it or Best Buy online because of NorAm. I've heard of people locally here in STL having to wait 30 minutes to trade in at Best Buy stores so that seems to be out also.

For Goozex it takes a minimum of 4-6 months to get any new console release. I was in the top 10 of the queue for NHL 11 when it came out in Sept. and I just now got it this week. Plus that site is dying from lack of trades of recent stuff. It's awesome to get older stuff or portable stuff (1/2 to 2/3 of my PSP UMD collection has been from Goozex) but for anything recent on consoles I hope you have a lot of patience.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']TIV from today

COD Black Ops - $25[/QUOTE]
Jesus are you kidding me? Looks like I have to make a trip to GS tomorrow. and get that +50%.

Just traded in:

All 360 $ base TIV
Call of Duty Black Ops $25
Assasin's Creed Brotherhood $22
Singularity $8

BTW I think the other GS trade thread should be merged with this thread. I initially did not realize I posted this info into the thread where JP does not updates the prices for the tracker. Just a suggestion, carry on.

[quote name='Darknuke']50% trade up doesn't take away from the fact that you still have to pay MSRP for anything and everything at GameStop.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Then you're doin it wrong.

[quote name='icarusmight']Just traded in:

All 360 $ base TIV
Call of Duty Black Ops $25
Assasin's Creed Brotherhood $22
Singularity $8

BTW I think the other GS trade thread should be merged with this thread. I initially did not realize I posted this info into the thread where JP does not updates the prices for the tracker. Just a suggestion, carry on.[/QUOTE]

Several people have quoted 25 for cod black ops but the op still has $18 listed. Did someone post 18 today and I missed it meaning it went down or was that a mistype?

[quote name='skubish']Not if you are buying used games. I wouldn't buy anything new from GS unless you are looking for exclusives.[/QUOTE]

They have great prices on CEs too.

Thinking about trading in Fable III since I haven't even beaten II yet.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']Several people have quoted 25 for cod black ops but the op still has $18 listed. Did someone post 18 today and I missed it meaning it went down or was that a mistype?[/QUOTE]

Typo on my part.

Is anyone else baffled by Gamestop's weekly email which says get 50% more trade in credit on any games traded in between now and Sunday 3/6 only to then have a weekly coupon which offers an extra 25% trade in credit on games traded towards purchasing MvC3?

Are people really that dumb or is GS that dumb?

[quote name='bgame2']Is anyone else baffled by Gamestop's weekly email which says get 50% more trade in credit on any games traded in between now and Sunday 3/6 only to then have a weekly coupon which offers an extra 25% trade in credit on games traded towards purchasing MvC3?

Are people really that dumb or is GS that dumb?[/QUOTE]

I seen this also. If that stacks with 50% bump up and the rewards card your looking at 85% trade bonus. If it does I'll be heading to my local GS today.

[quote name='bgame2']Is anyone else baffled by Gamestop's weekly email which says get 50% more trade in credit on any games traded in between now and Sunday 3/6 only to then have a weekly coupon which offers an extra 25% trade in credit on games traded towards purchasing MvC3?

Are people really that dumb or is GS that dumb?[/QUOTE]

Will gamestop actually give you 75% if you ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back