GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jms493']Will gamestop actually give you 75% if you ask?[/QUOTE]

No. Promos don't stack. It would require a manual override which doesn't happen all that often.

[quote name='icarusmight']Just traded in:
BTW I think the other GS trade thread should be merged with this thread. I initially did not realize I posted this info into the thread where JP does not updates the prices for the tracker. Just a suggestion, carry on.[/QUOTE]

Noooo! That other thread is like ten pages of people bitching about Gamestop, with maybe a handful of quotes sprinkled in. Let them have that thread to bitch in, and keep this thread relatively clean, please!

[quote name='DJP519']Noooo! That other thread is like ten pages of people bitching about Gamestop, with maybe a handful of quotes sprinkled in. Let them have that thread to bitch in, and keep this thread relatively clean, please![/QUOTE]

That reminds me, I need to pop over there and pull out the prices quoted over there. I have no problem with that thread staying separate. As you say it is full of people saying you get more here for X and Y. We get enough of that in this thread already. Granted it's not as bad as it used to be, but I would prefer to keep as much out as possible.

Also, updated lists and database.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dranakin']DS:
Final Fantasy IV - $7

Base.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop sells that game for $18 or $20 used now so that makes sense. Before Christmas, they sold the game for $30 and I think the TIV was a little higher. Only DS games I know of that get over $10 base are any of the Mario ones and maybe Tetris DS still.

[quote name='bgame2']Is anyone else baffled by Gamestop's weekly email which says get 50% more trade in credit on any games traded in between now and Sunday 3/6 only to then have a weekly coupon which offers an extra 25% trade in credit on games traded towards purchasing MvC3?

Are people really that dumb or is GS that dumb?[/QUOTE]

Once in a while I get a dumb GS employee that does a manual override for me to get both bonus, but it is very rare and isn't suppose to happen.

It normally happens when I go trade it in, they say you can get 25% for pre ordering(which ever new release is being promoted) I then say no thanks, I get more for the other bonus.

No they stack, let me ring you up, and he does an override.

Sadly the 2 guys that used to do that, no longer work at Gamestop, I can only assume that is the reason they are no longer there.

[quote name='Denbo32']Sadly the 2 guys that used to do that, no longer work at Gamestop, I can only assume that is the reason they are no longer there.[/QUOTE]
It's because you call them dumb.

[quote name='sadboy']It's because you call them dumb.[/QUOTE]

No, GS keeps all the other dumb employees that don't make mistakes in my favor.

[quote name='$hady']Damn $40 NFS:HP! $25+12.50+2.50 bump, haven't played in awhile and only paid $35 on BF. :)[/QUOTE]

You sure need for speed is 25? I called and it is only 17.00

Phone Quotes from 2/11/11

:ps3: Little Big Planet - 7
:360: Battlefield Bad Co. 2 - 8*

*this is twice the last reported value, so I will confirm it later when I trade the game in.

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']Can I stack the 25% towards Pokemon or Killzone 3 with the extra 50% trade-in?[/QUOTE]

See post 935 by Jp.

Gamestop in NY

Call of Duty: Black Ops Xbox 360 $37.50 with the 50% store in trade
Forza 3 & Halo 3: ODST combo Xbox 360 (4 discs) $15 with the 50% store in trade
Xbox 360 Wireless gamepad $11 with the 50% store in trade

= $63.50 : ) i got the Marvel vs Capcom 3 for PS3, already paid off.

[quote name='Captain Ramirez']Gamestop in NY

Call of Duty: Black Ops Xbox 360 $37.50 with the 50% store in trade
Forza 3 & Halo 3: ODST combo Xbox 360 (4 discs) $15 with the 50% store in trade

= $63.50 : ) i got the Marvel vs Capcom 3 for PS3, already paid off.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft or 3rd party 'gamepad'? i used to buy/trade controllers all the time, sucks knowing it's impossible to trade/replace them for little cost anymore.

TIVs:

Rock Band Country track pack 2 (360) $6.00
Splatterhouse (360) $16.00

ended up picking up You Don't Know Jack new. Not a bad trade off. Especially since I only paid roughly $30 for Splatterhouse and Rock Band track pack 2 which i mainly bought to just transport the songs to RB3.

:)

[quote name='$hady']Damn $40 NFS:HP! $25+12.50+2.50 bump, haven't played in awhile and only paid $35 on BF. :)[/QUOTE]

was that ps3 or 360? i have the ps3 version and would prob trade it for $40

[quote name='Defendthestar31']was that ps3 or 360? i have the ps3 version and would prob trade it for $40[/QUOTE]

Personally hoping for 360

Just got back. Here are some base values (all without the 60% bonus):

Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands - $5.00
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - $5.00
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days - $6.00
Army of Two: 40th Day - $5.00
Terminator: Salvation - $2.50
Alpha Protocol - $5.00
Truth or Lies - $1.00
Singularity - $8.00

With the 60% bonus, it came out to $60.00 (A small 8% loss of what I paid for in the first place).

[quote name='saosin42']Just got back. Here are some base values (all without the 60% bonus):

Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands - $5.00
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - $5.00
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days - $6.00
Army of Two: 40th Day - $5.00
Terminator: Salvation - $2.50
Alpha Protocol - $5.00
Truth or Lies - $1.00
Singularity - $8.00

With the 60% bonus, it came out to $60.00 (A small 8% loss of what I paid for in the first place).[/QUOTE]

What systems?

[quote name='Captain Ramirez']

[/QUOTE]

accesories are included in this promotion?

2/11

ps3

star wars force unleashed 2 $17
Infamous $9
Littlebigplanet $7
God of war collection $7
Grid $8

Xbox 360

Just Cause 2 $10

Ps2

Metal gear solid 3 (regular) $1
metal gear solid 2 (regular) $0.25

all base trade-in value

Xbox 360
Star Ocean: The Last Hope - $4.00
Burnout Paradise - $5.00
Magnacarta 2 - $8.00
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger - $5.00
Final Fantasy XIII - $6.00
Batman: Arkham Asylum - $8.00
Forza 3 - $8.00

Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - $15.00

DS
Dragon Quest IX - $9.00
Pokemon Platinum - $8.00

Confirmed phone quote from earlier today with actual trade in.

:360: Battlefield Bad Company 2 - 8 (12.80 with pur and 50%)

I was just thinking about trading in my copy of Batman: Brave and the Bold for the Nintendo Wii that I bought at Target for $15 last week. Good thing I called ahead for a TiV quote. Here's what I got:

:wii: Batman: Brave and the Bold - $7.00 (drop of $5.00)

Looks like it's going on Goozex.

Sorry the NFS I referred to was 360 according to OP from yesterday. Will trade tomorrow if it's $25 base and report price.

Thanks for the thread!

All PS3 2-11-11

Rock Band Country track pack 1 - $4
Rock Band Country track pack 2 - $6
Rock Band Classic rock track pack - $1
Rock Band Metal track pack - $1

[quote name='$hady']Sorry the NFS I referred to was 360 according to OP from yesterday. Will trade tomorrow if it's $25 base and report price.

Thanks for the thread![/QUOTE]

I doubt it's still $25. That might have been what the value was after the 50% bonus.

2/11
PS3 Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $17
PS3 Fallout: New Vegas $12

All Base Values as of 2/11/11

:ps3:
Little Big Planet - $7
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift - $8

:360:
Battlefield Bad Company 2 - $8
Beautiful Katamari - $8
Blur - $10
Call of Duty: World at War - $6
Halo Wars - $8
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe - $7
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - $5

Total with the extra 60% (and minus the $3 refurb fee : /) was $104.20

Not too bad of a deal seeing as I originally paid around that much for all of those games anyways! Paid off Killzone 3 in full and have enough to finish off my Dragon Age II preorder.

Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. (C/P from 3DS trade-in section)
Will i be able to trade in my DSi with a not really working R button?

[quote name='BioHazardX7']Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. (C/P from 3DS trade-in section)
Will i be able to trade in my DSi with a not really working R button?[/QUOTE]

It really depends on the employee who is helping you. They will probably test a game with the system but depending on the employee, they may see if all the buttons work or not.

[quote name='BioHazardX7']Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. (C/P from 3DS trade-in section)
Will i be able to trade in my DSi with a not really working R button?[/QUOTE]

Dear CAG that gets a shitty busted r-button dsi from gamestop-

Please blame BioHazard and not gamestop.

-Thanks

[quote name='Drclaw411']Dear CAG that gets a shitty busted r-button dsi from gamestop-

Please blame BioHazard and not gamestop.

-Thanks[/QUOTE]

He's not the employee that buys a busted DS.

2/11/11 TiV's

Guitar Hero 5 $5.00
Shaun white Snowboarding $2.00

Fairytale Fights $3.00
Fallout 3 GOTY $11.00
Lost Planet 2 $8.00
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 $7.00

02/11/11 Base TIV

Dark Void: $1.50
WET: $6.00
Kane & Lynch 2: $6.00
Operation Flashpoint- Dragon Rising: $6.00
UFC Undisputed 2010: $6.00
Dante's Inferno: $6.00

Terminator Salvation: $6.00
Operation Flashpoint- Dragon Rising: $5.00
MX vs. ATV Untamed: $6.00

:wii:

World of Zoo: $5.00
Tiger Woods 2010: $6.00

:ps2:

God of War II: $2.50
Grand Theft Auto- San Andreas: $6.00

Total after bonus and Power-Up was $105.60 plus 2,260 Power Up Reward points.

2/11/11 Base

Deadliest Catch:Alaskan Storm: $5.00
WWE Smcakdown! vs. RAW 2010: $7.00
Call of Duty World at War: $6.00
James Bond Quantum of Solace: $2.50
Rock Band Track Pack Vol. 2: $1.50
FIFA Soccer 2009: $2.00
FIFA Soccer 2010: $6.00
60GB Hard Drive: $12.00
Composite Cable: $1.00

:wii: