GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Base TIV for ps3:

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - $20
Red Dead Redemption - $9
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - $17
Just Cause 2 - $7
Uncharted 2 - $9
Dead Rising 2 - $15
Modern Warfare 2 - $6
Red Faction Guerrilla - $3
Dead Space 2 - $23
Condemned 2 - $2
Tekken 6 - $7

[quote name='KamiNoYadoru']Any word on whether this promo is still on tomorrow? (the 50%, that is)[/QUOTE]

The email said it went through March 6th if I remember correctly.

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']does the 50% stack with 10% in addition to 25% when traded towards pokemon black/white?[/QUOTE]

Promos do not stack.

Updated lists and database.

Traded AC:B for base $20 at GameStop
Traded in BlOps for $39 on Amazon

Used the GameStop.com $15 glitch (2save15+ CAG16 + PUR) and rebought BlOps and Kinect Dance Central for $50 wiping out the GS credit.

Will trade Dance Central for $32 on Amazon.

Kind of a lot of work to net just $18 Amazon credit. I do like the free high end batteries you get with the PUR points, they work great in my Prestige RC XD car.

I just called and asked how much you get for a ds lite and it's no where close to $25. I's around $45. I think that Gamestop you sell games at is ripping you off badly. Anyways trading in alot of M V C 3.

Hmm I usually don't trade in my games into gamestop but looks I'll be trading in Black Ops,Need For Speed:Hot Pursuit and Castlevania:Lords Of Shadows. With the $90 I'll buy Killzone 3 and Pokemon Black. I'm sure those game I'm going to trade will be $20 around summer.

traded in

dead rising 2 $15
halo reach $16

49.xx after bonus and edge

purchased all 360 as well
lego rockband 17.99
wirless lips mic 19.99
truth or lies 9.99(new)
wwe 2007 ce with wwe title dvd 5.99(only wwe i havnt 1000GS yet so have to start it)

and after edge walked out with $.04

lol not a bad trade i dont think my acievements whoring needs will be set for a few days

Base values from today:

:ps3: Dead Space 2 $23
:ps3: Sports Champions $4
:ps3: Move Controller $26 (traded in 2)
:ps3: Nav Controller $12

$113.60 after Power Up and promo (for the games). Sucks Sports Champions is so low, but I was getting rid of the rest of my Move stuff, so oh well. At least I paid off MvC 3 with a lot left over.

Traded in Black ops and got $40 after all the promos, then went online bought a used copy of Black ops and time crisis razing storm stacked the 3 coupons saver, cag16, 15off plus edge card and paid $45.86 for both. Wasnt planning on buying black ops back but I figured why not, it was only 5 bucks the way I look at it since I planned on getting time crisis anyhow.

Just traded these in:
Nintendo Ds
Advance Ware: Days of ruin $4
Bleach: The Blade of Fate $4
Worms 2: Open Warfare $2.4
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin $8.00

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']:ds: Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt - 5.00(8.00)

[/QUOTE]

You sure it's not just Metroid Prime Hunters? That's the full game. Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt was a demo that came prepacked with the DS back in early units. Unless you traded that in and the employee gave you the credit for the full game...

[quote name='Abeja']Did GS catch on to the 2save15 glitch? The code doesnt work anymore for me.[/QUOTE]

I just tried too, didn't work for me either.

[quote name='Rozz']You sure it's not just Metroid Prime Hunters? That's the full game. Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt was a demo that came prepacked with the DS back in early units. Unless you traded that in and the employee gave you the credit for the full game...[/QUOTE]
That could explain the $1 drop, but I dunno. I was expecting a refusal but figured what the hey.

Yep, it's actually worth trying to sell your demos as the real deal. I actually managed to trade a Final Fantasy XII demo disc and they gave me full credit like if it was the full game. I also traded in the Phantom Brave art disc back in 09, and was gotten credit like it were Phantom Brave PS2... wierd.

It's definitely YMMV, and you'll feel very very icky if done intentionally. ;)

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']That could explain the $1 drop, but I dunno. I was expecting a refusal but figured what the hey.

Yep, it's actually worth trying to sell your demos as the real deal. I actually managed to trade a Final Fantasy XII demo disc and they gave me full credit like if it was the full game. I also traded in the Phantom Brave art disc back in 09, and was gotten credit like it were Phantom Brave PS2... wierd.

It's definitely YMMV, and you'll feel very very icky if done intentionally. ;)[/QUOTE]

It should not be attempted intentionally. While the GS employee should be checking to ensure it is the correct disc, people can lose their jobs over stuff like that. When I was 14 or so I traded in a copy of Mario Party 4. Months later I went to play Harry Potter Quiditch World Cup and found MP4 instead. I must have accidentally put HP in the Mario Party case. Either way, I felt pretty bad about the situation, but at that point there really wasn't anything I could do.

Base TIVs from today (looks like all unchanged except AC2)

inFamous $9
LittleBIGPlanet $7
Call of Duty: Black Ops - $25
Assassin's Creed II - $6

Base TIVs for the games I traded in today, to help update.

Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap - $5.00
Pokemon Leaf Green - $6.00
Pokemon Emerald - $9.00
Pokemon Platinum - $8.00
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days - $7.00
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective - $7.00
My Japanese Coach - $7.00
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - $4.00
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - $6.00
Phoenix Wright: Justice for All - $4.00
Ace Attorney Investigations Miles Edgeworth - $5.00
Professor Layton Diabolical Box - $7.00
Pokemon Ranger - $3.00
Yu-gi-Oh! Nightmare Trobadour - $2.50
Professor Layton Curious Village - $8.00
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time - $2.50
Witch's Wish - $3.00
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - $6.00
Pokemon SoulSilver - $10.00
Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 - $2.00
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team - $3.00
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - $1.00
Professor Layton Unwound Future - $9.00
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates - $2.50
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor - $5.00
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - $6.00
Legend of Spyro: A new beginning (GC) - $1.50
Avatar: The last Airbender (GC) - $1.00
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's cut - $2.50
Elebits - $0.50
Rock Band Track Pack V.2 (PS2) - $0.50
Inuyasha Secret of the Cursed Mask - $1.50
Rock Band Track Pact V.1 (PS2) - $0.24
Singstar Pop (game only) (PS2) - $2.50

[quote name='UberSwiss']It should not be attempted intentionally. While the GS employee should be checking to ensure it is the correct disc, people can lose their jobs over stuff like that. When I was 14 or so I traded in a copy of Mario Party 4. Months later I went to play Harry Potter Quiditch World Cup and found MP4 instead. I must have accidentally put HP in the Mario Party case. Either way, I felt pretty bad about the situation, but at that point there really wasn't anything I could do.[/QUOTE]
Definitely better as a second thought.

Gotta say, trading in a demo for an actual game, regardless of quality, is awesome. I managed to get Resistance by trading just the demo.

it also helps that the gamestop employee knows me quite well... yet not enough to give me my Marvel early :(

[quote name='Alxamei']Base TIVs for the games I traded in today, to help update.

Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap - $5.00
Pokemon Leaf Green - $6.00
Pokemon Emerald - $9.00
Pokemon Platinum - $8.00
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days - $7.00
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective - $7.00
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - $4.00
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - $6.00
Ace Attorney Investigations Miles Edgeworth - $5.00
Professor Layton Diabolical Box - $7.00
Pokemon Ranger - $3.00
Yu-gi-Oh! Nightmare Trobadour - $2.50
Professor Layton Curious Village - $8.00
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time - $2.50
Witch's Wish - $3.00
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - $6.00
Pokemon SoulSilver - $10.00
Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 - $2.00
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team - $3.00
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - $1.00
Professor Layton Unwound Future - $9.00
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates - $2.50
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor - $5.00
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - $6.00
Legend of Spyro: A new beginning (GC) - $1.50
Elebits - $0.50
Inuyasha Secret of the Cursed Mask - $1.50
Singstar Pop (game only) (PS2) - $2.50[/QUOTE]

Why are people so lazy now days? A little research and here is what you could of gotten one ebay. (SEE BELOW) You had a couple rare games worth 30+ and 1 worth nearly 50. 238 could of been turned into around 428 not including the scrap games you could of traded into gamestop and netted 10 bucks on. So lets say net sales is 428 minus a pack of bubble mailers from sams at a cost of 6 bucks for 25. Everything ships First Class mail at a cost of 1.50. Your paypal fees equal 12 bucks and your ebay fees equal about 42. Net profit = $368 (pure cash) vs $238 (gamestop credit) or roughly 54% more. The other idea here is your gaining liquid cash vs a gamestop credit. Its just bad business to dump stuff at gamestop.

Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap - $12.00
Pokemon Leaf Green - $15
Pokemon Emerald - $22
Pokemon Platinum - $25
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days - $15
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective - $15
My Japanese Coach - $50
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - $10
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - $15
Phoenix Wright: Justice for All - $25
Ace Attorney Investigations Miles Edgeworth - $12
Professor Layton Diabolical Box - $13
Pokemon Ranger - $15
Yu-gi-Oh! Nightmare Trobadour - $15
Professor Layton Curious Village - $12
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time - $8
Witch's Wish - $10
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - $15
Pokemon SoulSilver - $25
Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 - $10
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team - $7
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - $5
Professor Layton Unwound Future - $15
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates - $6
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor - $25
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - $20
Legend of Spyro: A new beginning (GC) - $3
Elebits - $0.50
Inuyasha Secret of the Cursed Mask - $6
Singstar Pop (game only) (PS2) - $10

[quote name='Halo3Champ']Why are people so lazy now days? A little research and here is what you could of gotten one ebay. (SEE BELOW) You had a couple rare games worth 30+ and 1 worth nearly 50. 238 could of been turned into around 428 not including the scrap games you could of traded into gamestop and netted 10 bucks on. So lets say net sales is 428 minus a pack of bubble mailers from sams at a cost of 6 bucks for 25. Everything ships First Class mail at a cost of 1.50. Your paypal fees equal 12 bucks and your ebay fees equal about 42. Net profit = $368 (pure cash) vs $238 (gamestop credit) or roughly 54% more. The other idea here is your gaining liquid cash vs a gamestop credit. Its just bad business to dump stuff at gamestop.

Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap - $12.00
Pokemon Leaf Green - $15
Pokemon Emerald - $22
Pokemon Platinum - $25
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days - $15
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective - $15
My Japanese Coach - $50
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - $10
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - $15
Phoenix Wright: Justice for All - $25
Ace Attorney Investigations Miles Edgeworth - $12
Professor Layton Diabolical Box - $13
Pokemon Ranger - $15
Yu-gi-Oh! Nightmare Trobadour - $15
Professor Layton Curious Village - $12
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time - $8
Witch's Wish - $10
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - $15
Pokemon SoulSilver - $25
Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 - $10
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team - $7
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - $5
Professor Layton Unwound Future - $15
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates - $6
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor - $25
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - $20
Legend of Spyro: A new beginning (GC) - $3
Elebits - $0.50
Inuyasha Secret of the Cursed Mask - $6
Singstar Pop (game only) (PS2) - $10[/QUOTE]

This is not a topic to try to judge others decisions. You can sell on ebay all you want, he went with gamestop and did fine himself. Convenience is more important than all of the hassle selling things on ebay. It would take MONTHS for all that to sell at those totals and collect all the funds and prices can drop instantly as the market fluctuates. I know, I used to do it. Find an ebay topic and go post this there....still cannot believe someone would go through all the work just to criticize....

[quote name='Halo3Champ']Why are people so lazy now days? A little research and here is what you could of gotten one ebay. (SEE BELOW) You had a couple rare games worth 30+ and 1 worth nearly 50. 238 could of been turned into around 428 not including the scrap games you could of traded into gamestop and netted 10 bucks on. So lets say net sales is 428 minus a pack of bubble mailers from sams at a cost of 6 bucks for 25. Everything ships First Class mail at a cost of 1.50. Your paypal fees equal 12 bucks and your ebay fees equal about 42. Net profit = $368 (pure cash) vs $238 (gamestop credit) or roughly 54% more. The other idea here is your gaining liquid cash vs a gamestop credit. Its just bad business to dump stuff at gamestop.
[/QUOTE]

Do you have to do this in both Gamestop threads? Now you're just being a troll!

[quote name='discordman']This is not a topic to try to judge others decisions. You can sell on ebay all you want, he went with gamestop and did fine himself. Convenience is more important than all of the hassle selling things on ebay. It would take MONTHS for all that to sell at those totals and collect all the funds and prices can drop instantly as the market fluctuates. I know, I used to do it. Find an ebay topic and go post this there....still cannot believe someone would go through all the work just to criticize....[/QUOTE]

I second this, I have posted Trade a few times and always get the you could of sold on Ebay for more or the "I would of bought that for more which never happens... I got tired of Ebay fees,Etc.. and then sometimes waiting forever for payments, also CAG is not to good of a source anymore because people seem to think if a game is posted found at another store for $5 thats what there going to pay for it from you..
Craigslist is another route tossed around but that is very risky. Either way dont come down on others for what they decide to do, you do your thing let others do what they want !!!

[quote name='discordman']This is not a topic to try to judge others decisions. You can sell on ebay all you want, he went with gamestop and did fine himself. Convenience is more important than all of the hassle selling things on ebay. It would take MONTHS for all that to sell at those totals and collect all the funds and prices can drop instantly as the market fluctuates. I know, I used to do it. Find an ebay topic and go post this there....still cannot believe someone would go through all the work just to criticize....[/QUOTE]

Ya I think gamestop is garbage. I could setup a 5 day listing for every single one of these games and have that entire collection gone within 1 week not MONTHS. Isn't it great that you now know "My Japanese Coach" is worth $50 vs the $7 trade in credit?

What happened to all my very relevant knowledge based on that trade in list above?

My Japanese Coach worth 50
Emerald worth 22
Platinum worth 25
SoulSilver worth 25
Phoenix Wright 30
Everything else 10-15

TIVS Last Night

PSP MotorStorm: Artic Edge 5$
360 Nier 7$
Wii RockBand: Green Day 5$
360 Iron Man 2 6$
PS3 Singularity 9$
Wii Biggest Loser 8$

[quote name='Halo3Champ']What happened to all my very relevant knowledge based on that trade in list above?

My Japanese Coach worth 50
Emerald worth 22
Platinum worth 25
SoulSilver worth 25
Phoenix Wright 30
Everything else 10-15[/QUOTE]

I suspect it was deleted by a Mod as was my post complaining about you harassing Alxamei in two different Gamestop threads.

2/13
something for the list from a few days ago
all base values

hot shot golf:eek:ut of bounds - $9
super street fighter 4 - $8
terminator - $6
sonics ultimate genesis - $5
call of juarez - $5

[quote name='medetron']2/13
something for the list from a few days ago
all base values

hot shot golf:eek:ut of bounds - $9
super street fighter 4 - $8
terminator - $6
sonics ultimate genesis - $5
call of juarez - $5[/QUOTE]
What console?

Also, updated lists and database.

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom (360) - $8.00 @Gamestop
Tales of Vesperia (360) - $10.00 @Gamestop

Stacked Powerup card with codes CAG16 and SAVER to get Red Dead Redemption(360-used) for $18.89 on ebgames. No other codes stacked for me though.

[quote name='Alxamei']Base TIVs for the games I traded in today, to help update.

[/QUOTE]

I normally don't do this but I have to agree with Halo3Champ. I understand the convenience factor of GS for many of the titles listed and we all appreciate you contributing to this thread, but it hurts to see GS ripping people off this bad in situations like this. A quick search of completed eBay listings shows that even after deducting selling/paypal fees, and any shipping charge, a person could easily net $50 total for these 2 games as opposed to the $17.60 trade credit they gave you (assuming promo/edge). Forget 50-60% bonus. Hell, I could have offered you double the base TIV, pay all shipping, paypal, and ebay fees (if you choose to list it through eBay through a cheap "Buy it Now") and still profited $20 by reselling just those 2 titles. What is done is done, but to anyone out there that is going to just give good games away for low values just for convenience please actually weigh out the cost/benefit of other options.

It looks like there was about 26 games with decent value and 8 "junk" games leading to the following totals:

$148.74 (base)
$223.11 (Promo)
$237.98 (Promo/edge)

Either way, looks like you will have a nice amount of credit to burn at GS.

For the record, I would have personally offered about $300 for all that stuff and we would have both came out decent.

While I have only been on CAG for about a year and a half, I have a very solid history of of occasionally buying and selling on eBay for over 12 years. If you want better prices then GS (and I am not talking about a couple dollars over base TIV like others have offered), but are concerned with risks of selling online, send me a private message and maybe we can work something out. The more games you have to get rid of at once the better. Note: I am pretty good at detecting/preventing a scam, so don't bother contacting me if your goal is to steal.

Seriously, stop with the Ebay & Craigslist crap. Some of us don't give a crap, if we didn't we wouldn't be posting here in this thread and trading at GS. You want to sell elsewhere, by all means.. but stop telling others what to do. It got old years ago.

Assuming we've played the games we bought, any trade-in at all is gravy to me. Sometimes I sell my games outright if it has value, but honestly that value had diminished for the most part these days as games go on sale at huge discounts so quickly, where you could sell a big new release for $40 3 weeks after you bought it, it's usually on Amazon for that price at some point... it's just easier to find a good promo at GS and get $30-35 in credit.

It's easy, and I don't have to mail it, hope it doesn't get lost, someone doesn't rip me off, whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back