GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nervousxtian']Seriously, stop with the Ebay & Craigslist crap. Some of us don't give a crap, if we didn't we wouldn't be posting here in this thread and trading at GS. You want to sell elsewhere, by all means.. but stop telling others what to do. It got old years ago. [/QUOTE]

QFT.

To JP and any mod: Would it be possible to implement this idea - Any posts about getting a better value on Ebay/Craigslist/Amazon will be deleted from this thread. This thread exists for informational purposes, and having random people harass posters will only be detrimental to the thread. If you really feel the need to inform a CAG that he or she could have gotten a better deal elsewhere (which is useless anyways since the games have already been traded in), work it out through PMs, and NOT this thread.

Normally I think it true, but many times people may not know they have a rare gem.

If it wasn't for this thread I never would of known that the jap coach game was worth 50 bucks.

While I know the PW games are worth some money, it's easy to miss that is a semi rare game.

[quote name='Miro']QFT.

To JP and any mod: Would it be possible to implement this idea - Any posts about getting a better value on Ebay/Craigslist/Amazon will be deleted from this thread. This thread exists for informational purposes, and having random people harass posters will only be detrimental to the thread. If you really feel the need to inform a CAG that he or she could have gotten a better deal elsewhere (which is useless anyways since the games have already been traded in), work it out through PMs, and NOT this thread.[/QUOTE]Feel free to report any posts you feel are an issue with keeping the thread on-topic.

Traded in a few more games yesterday.

:ps3:
Fight Night Round 3 $1.50
Call of Duty 3 $4.00

:360:
Fable II Platinum Hits $6.00
Fable III $18.00
The Orange Box $5
Halo Wars (No case or manual) $8

Total after promos and PowerUp card was exactly $68. Gave me a new balance of $134.80.

[quote name='Denbo32']Normally I think it true, but many times people may not know they have a rare gem.

If it wasn't for this thread I never would of known that the jap coach game was worth 50 bucks.

While I know the PW games are worth some money, it's easy to miss that is a semi rare game.[/QUOTE]

This would probably never work in practice, but in theory it would be a great idea if "rare" titles in the TIV listing were noted as such to give folks a heads up that a particular game might be worth substantially more than what Gamestop is giving. Problem is "rare" is a subjective term and it would probably cause the OP a lot more headache.

Hoping to finish AC: Brotherhood tonight so I can trade it in for 20+ bonus which will bring it to at least 30. Amazon is offering 32 but I'd rather have GS credit to buy something used down the line...

[quote name='jojoschump2000']Kinect adventures $1.50 today - Xbox 360 - asked for the quote since it still had a decent trade on the front page. Not anymore.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip!

Still at work, hoping to be able to update everything in the next couple hours. Hopefully.

fuck it, now we are updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jojoschump2000']Kinect adventures $1.50 today - Xbox 360 - asked for the quote since it still had a decent trade on the front page. Not anymore.[/QUOTE]

The reason it's so low is who's going to buy that game used? Only people who buy a Kinect used, and even then by the time you buy both things, you might as well pay the $2 or $3 more to get a new Kinect w/game and a 1-year warranty with Microsoft.

[quote name='cheapfrag']This would probably never work in practice, but in theory it would be a great idea if "rare" titles in the TIV listing were noted as such to give folks a heads up that a particular game might be worth substantially more than what Gamestop is giving. Problem is "rare" is a subjective term and it would probably cause the OP a lot more headache.[/QUOTE]

I suggested this before and the problem is that goes into the grey area of saying "other places are better." JD, Shrike, and I agreed that some of the accessories (PS2 network adapter, Wavebirds, etc.) could get the notification of worth more on the grey market.

[quote name='bigant262']I've been hearing that they are extending the 3DS trade in thing until the release of the 3DS, that way if you have a DSi, you can transfer over your purchases and trade it in.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone have confirmation that this will be extended? I'm about to do this but want to hold off because I don't want to lose my downloads.

Base value for ps3

AC: Brotherhood - still 20
The Fight - 11 (didnt trade this in) amazon does around ~$20 for it
Army of 2: 40th day - 5
Neir - 7
Imfamous - 9
killzone 2 - 7

Mass Effect 2 - 6

After bonus and powerup = 86.40 :), which is enough for killzone 3 and the sharpshooter for me

Some random values

7$ for Rapala Pro Bass Fishing 2010 (Paid a dollar for it at Targets XD)
8$ for Battlefield Bad Company 2

PS3
9$ for Tekken 6
7$ for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

about 50$ credit total (Which is more than what i paid for all of them), walked out of the store with Hyperdimension Neptunia ^_^. Gotta love 50% Trade deals, pretty much the only time i deal with Gamestop anymore.

Info about the 3DS trade-in.

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']people keep asking if this will be extended according to the bag stuffers this promo runs until 4/7[/QUOTE]

Traded these in today (base values)

Xbox 360 power adapter
$8.50

Xbox 360 wireless controller
$11.00

Xbox 360 messenger pad (chatpad)
$5.00

Fallout New Vegas (Xbox 360)
$12.00

[quote name='JP']Info about the 3DS trade-in.[/QUOTE]

I called 3 GameStops in my area and they all claim to not know anything about an extention of the offer. I wish there was an email or something to confirm it because I don't want to lose my DS shop purchases.

I'm thinking of trading in my console today, but thinking about waiting to see what tomorrow's ad looks like. Anyone know if there are any trade-in coupon deals in the ad?

Checked on some trade in values today for my kid who wants to preorder pokemon white.. was surprised to see a couple of these actually went up in value

DS
Mario & Sonic at Olympic Games $7
Mario & Sonic at Winter Olympics $10
Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing $7

02/17/2011

Rock Band Classic Rock Track Pack = $1.50
GTA 4 = $5.00
GTA Episodes from Liberty City = $8.00
Phantasy Star Universe = $4.00
Burnout Paradise = $5.00
Forza 3 = $8.00
Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams = $6.00
Star Wars Clone Wars Republic Heros = $6.00
COD World at War = $6.00
Guitar Hero 5 = $5.00
Spiderman: Friend or Foe = $4.00

:ps2:
High School Musical: Sing It = $.20
Singstar 80's = $3.00
Singstar country = $2.50

Rockband Track Pack Vol. 2 = $1.00
Elderscrolls 4: Oblivion = $5.00
God of War 3 = $7.00
Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit = $7.00
F1 Championship Edition = $5.00

02/11/2011

Spongebob Truth or Square = $6.00
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs = $7.00
Batman: Arkham Asylum = $8.00
Mass Effect = $5.00
Scene It: Bright Lights... = $4.00
Red Dead Redemption = $9.00

:wii:
Rayman Raving Rabbids = $5.00

:gc:
Wired Controller = $5.80

02/09/2011

Xbox Live Vision Cam = $2.00

Memory card 59 = $2.00
Memory card 251 = $5.00

02/06/11

SW Rogue Squadron 2 = $.25
Finding Nemo = $1.00
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat = $.80
Zoids Battle Legends = $1.50
Tony Hawk 4 = $.50
DDR Mario = $2.50
ResidentEvil 4 = $2.50
Resident Evil = $3.00
F-Zero GX = $.80
NASCAR 2003 = $1.00
Mario Golf = $1.00
Beach Spikers = $.25
SW Roque Squadron 3 = $1.00
NHL 2003 = $.25
FIFA 2002 = $.25
Animal Crossing = $1.00
Metroid Prime = $.50

Nunchuk Controller = $5.00

Sorry for the date gap, I misplaced the receipts though I doubt the values changed.

Quick question about Power Up Pro. Mine is expiring in a few day and I was told that my points would be lost and have start from the beginning if I do not renew it. Is that true?

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Quick question about Power Up Pro. Mine is expiring in a few day and I was told that my points would be lost and have start from the beginning if I do not renew it. Is that true?[/QUOTE]

You accumulate points even with the free membership so that guy is probably bs'ing you. Ask the store manager and point out that lying ninja in store

Just called in and...

Your Shape - 17

Kinectimals - 16

So obviously they DID drop these values pretty quickly and drastically for the 50% bonus. Guess I'll be going over to Best Buy where they are both worth $25.

[quote name='JKSonic']Just called in and...

Your Shape - 17

Kinectimals - 16

So obviously they DID drop these values pretty quickly and drastically for the 50% bonus. Guess I'll be going over to Best Buy where they are both worth $25.[/QUOTE]

And if you have an powerup card you would be getting 27.20 and 25.60 for them.

Value for games drop quickly, after its not only be cause of the promo.

10 bucks base for Mario Party DS as of 2/17/11

FYI my powerup card expired, but they still gave me the 10% bonus on my trade in before I renewed the powerup card which I found odd. I would of denied to renew if I saw that before hand. But I saw it bumped up to 16 before I told him to renew my card.

[quote name='Denbo32']And if you have an powerup card you would be getting 27.20 and 25.60 for them.

Value for games drop quickly, after its not only be cause of the promo.[/QUOTE]

Well considering I checked the TiV tracker on here and they are both showing up around 27 and updated 0 days ago...I'd say they probably dropped a few days ago because of the promo. Don't be niave enough to think that they don't drop and raise them for promos. I know there's a lot of unwarranted hate on here for GS, but this an area that is warranted.

Honestly even if I'm getting a few $ more at GS with stacked deals it's hard to justify still going there knowing that only a few days ago the value was almost $10 higher. Being that the TiV is around 25 at both Best Buy and Amazon it's clearly closer to where it should be...not at 16. I just hate when they act like you're getting a deal, when in reality you're only getting as much as you would if you traded it in elsewhere.

Your shape has been 17 bucks for at least a week according to the listing on this thread(2/10/11). I don't a listing on Kinectimals.

Trade value on games change all the time. They hardly ever go up unless there is a huge demand for a game.

[quote name='JKSonic']Well considering I checked the TiV tracker on here and they are both showing up around 27 and updated 0 days ago...I'd say they probably dropped a few days ago because of the promo. [/QUOTE]

The OP has Your Shape at $17 on 2/10.

[quote name='Denbo32']Your shape has been 17 bucks for at least a week according to the listing on this thread(2/10/11). I don't a listing on Kinectimals.

Trade value on games change all the time. They hardly ever go up unless there is a huge demand for a game.[/QUOTE]

Well then the TiV Tracker is even further behind then I thought. And if it was about a week ago that would put it RIGHT when this 50% bonus started anyway...

I understand they hardly go up at GS, but they fluctuate all the time on Amazon and at BB. Trust me I know the whole trade-in deal, been doing it since they first started it at GS and honestly I'm surprised people still deny that they adjust priced to coincide with promos.

[quote name='JKSonic']Well considering I checked the TiV tracker on here and they are both showing up around 27 and updated 0 days ago...I'd say they probably dropped a few days ago because of the promo.
[/QUOTE]

Those values are for Amazon. For Gamestop, Your Shape is at $17 eight days ago and no TIV given for Kinectimals.

And no, I'm not denying anything GS does or doesn't do, but people at least need to get their facts straight before they unveil their "smoking gun."

[quote name='JKSonic']Well then the TiV Tracker is even further behind then I thought. And if it was about a week ago that would put it RIGHT when this 50% bonus started anyway...

I understand they hardly go up at GS, but they fluctuate all the time on Amazon and at BB. Trust me I know the whole trade-in deal, been doing it since they first started it at GS and honestly I'm surprised people still deny that they adjust priced to coincide with promos.[/QUOTE]

Do you think when the promo ends that Your Shape will then become a 25 trade in value then at GS? The only way that happens is if every GS is sold out of the game because people are coming in and asking for that game.

[quote name='salty tbone']Those values are for Amazon. For Gamestop, Your Shape is at $17 eight days ago and no TIV given for Kinectimals.

And no, I'm not denying anything GS does or doesn't do, but people at least need to get their facts straight before they unveil their "smoking gun."[/QUOTE]

Wasn't a smoking gun, I'm just so used to not seeing anything but GS TiV values there I just assumed. So, my bad.

It makes sense now because yesterday I had checked and no Kinectimals TiV came up, which I found odd, and then today it did come up...so I just forgot to select GS.

My old edge card ran out and I want to be part of this 50% trade in and was wondering if I go in and get a pro card can I instantly get 50% or do I have to come back home and activate it?

Traded in 2/18

:psp:
Pursuit Force - 1
Mercury Meltdown - 0.50
Ultimate Ghosts 'N Goblins - 1.50
Valhalla Knights - 1.50
Lord of the Rings: Tactics - 1.50
Legend of Heroes II - 1
Legend of Heroes - 1
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops - 3
Daxter - 0.50
R-Type Command - 1
Generation of Chaos: Aedis Eclipse - 1.50
Gradius Collection - 1.50
Parappa the Rapper - 1
Ever Extend Extra - 0.50
Wild Arms XF - 1.50
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles - 2.50
Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner - 1
Crush - 1
Mega Man Powered Up - 3
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X - 2.50
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - 1
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - 5
Brave Story: New Traveler - 2.50
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure - 1
Me & My Katamari - 2
God of War: Ghost of Sparta - 11
PoPoLoCrois - 0.50
Untold Legends: Warriors Code - 1
Dynasty Warriors - 1
Guilty Gear: Judgment - 1.50

Resistance 2 - 6
Resistance: Fall of Man - 2
inFAMOUS - 9
Folklore - 5

Dark Sector - 0.50
The Darkness - 0.50

:ds:
Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled - 1.50
Crosswords - 3
Rhythm Heaven - 5
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 - 7
Drone Tactics - 1
Disgaea DS - 5
LOL - 1
Lost Magic - 0.50
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars - 6
Mech Assualt: Phantom Wars - 0.50

Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party - 6
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 - 7
Rayman Raving Rabbids - 5
Mecury Meltdown: Revolution - 0.50
Broken Sword: The Director's Cut - 2.50
Blast Works - 1
Sam & Max Season One - 1
Lord of the Rings BFME II - 5
Tomb Raider Legend - 2
Far Cry: Instincts Predator - 1.50

:ps2:
God of War - 1.50
God of War II - 2.50
Jak 3 - 2

[quote name='GUNNM']My old edge card ran out and I want to be part of this 50% trade in and was wondering if I go in and get a pro card can I instantly get 50% or do I have to come back home and activate it?[/QUOTE]

You do not need a powerup card for the 50% trade in bonus. You only needed it if you wanted to trade in games a day early.

[quote name='combatrhombus']Picked up a madcatz streetfighter fight stick at Gamestop today for $40 and asked what the current trade value of MvC3.

PS3 - Marvel vs Capcom 3 $22[/QUOTE]

I got the same quote for 360.I got the same quote for 360. Why does the OP say $30?

[quote name='reddjoey']I got the same quote for 360. Why does the OP say $30?[/QUOTE]
xbox360.gif
Marvel VS Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
modalprice_2.png
GameStop $30.00 Cathellos 1 day, 11 hours

Pulled from the TIV Database. I double check that as well so the values match as much as possible. Not always accurate but its not unheard of for a 360 version to be worth more than PS3. That's a bit much of a difference but I can't say it's wrong without other information. I will be changing it now that you have said it is incorrect.

360 is $22.

Thanks for answering. I didn't see a post on it. When I called in to check on Wed it was $22, so I'm guessing he sold it first thing.

Not a problem. Always answer when I can. Working on updating everything right now so should be all corrected within the next 30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back