GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jza1218']Same thing happened out here in Queens, NY. Is there another GS nearby?[/QUOTE]

Fortunately, I can walk to another GS from my house. It was just nice to be able to kill time at lunch on workdays at GS every now and then.

from 2/18
:ps3: Dirt 2 - 10 (after bonus got 16).

I live in CA and it is YMMV what excuse they will give to not quote you over the phone. I just called a store and verified the following.

:ps3:
Burnout Paradise - 5
Pure - 4
Mercenaries 2 - 2.50

with bonus should net me 18.40 for games I will never play again. BTW amazon gives less than this.

This is one game GameStop will not take for the Wii... It is not even in their database.. Only the PS3 version (whic is not even out yet)... And I don't blame them... The Wii version of Kevin Van Dam's Big Bass Fishing is pure garbage... They will not accept it... Hell, I will pay them to take it!

[quote name='johnnymavrik']A serious WTF? moment today at lunch.

I work downtown so I went to the downtown mall in Sacramento to trade in a few games. I was just there last week...and I walk up and the place is gutted.

Apparently, sometime in the last week, they decided to put up a sign saying the store was closing on 2/20/11 for good.

So odd. They had been at the mall for atleast 10+ years.[/QUOTE]

That's 'cause the rent is too damn high.

On another note, base values from today.

CoD WAW (wii) - $8
The Shoot - $9

2/21/11

:ds: Underground Pool - $7.25
:ds: Phantom Hourglass - $20
:ds: Spirit Tracks - $20
:wii: Excite Truck - $24
:wii: ExciteBots: Trick Racing - $20
:360: Nier - $12
:360: Mass Effect 2 - $12
:360: Perfect Dark Zero - $1.50
:360: Mirror's Edge - $7.77(?)

:ps3: HDMI Cable - $5.00
:psp: USB Cable - $3.00
:wii: Console Stand - $11

EDIT: Seems like this was very YMMV, I guess the clerk wasen't paying attention or something. Either way, 3DS confirmed. :)

New here but here are some TIV's (PowerUP Pro and 25%)from an hour ago:

:ps3: MAG $6.40
:ps3: Uncharted 2 $14.40
:ps3: COD: World at War
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $14.40
:ps3: Fallout 3 GOTY $17.60
:ps3: Medal of Honor $14.40
:ps3: COD: BlackOps $38.40
:ps3: COD: MW2 $9.60
:ps3: Battlefield: BC2 $14.40

Total $137.60

Here are a few prices from Sunday (2/20)...

Assassin's Creed II (X360) - 5.00
Call of Juarez : Bound in Blood (PS3) - 5.00
Killzone 2 (PS3) - 7.00
Resistance 2 (PS3) - 6.00

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']2/21/11

:wii: Console Stand - $11[/QUOTE]

BASE values please

Is that base or is it after the 60 percent bump? Cause if that's base I'm trading Nier in asap!

[quote name='l3asturd']New here but here are some TIV's (PowerUP Pro and 25%)from an hour ago:

:ps3: MAG $6.40
:ps3: Uncharted 2 $14.40
:ps3: COD: World at War $8.00
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $14.40
:ps3: Fallout 3 GOTY $17.60
:ps3: Medal of Honor $14.40
:ps3: COD: BlackOps $38.40
:ps3: COD: MW2 $9.60
:ps3: Battlefield: BC2 $14.40

Total $137.60[/QUOTE]

Sorry if you want base just subtract the 35%. I didnt feel it was necessary.

[quote name='l3asturd']Sorry if you want base just subtract the 35%. I didnt feel it was necessary.[/QUOTE]

Why didn't you get the 50% bonus?

[quote name='Vap']Is that base or is it after the 60 percent bump? Cause if that's base I'm trading Nier in asap![/QUOTE]

I wanna know how he got $20 for excitetruck when it was getting $4 last year?

2-22-2011

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 - $23

:360: Mass Effect 2 - $6

:360: Singularity - $8

:360: Dragon Age Origins - $6

:wii: Mario Sports Mix - $22

:wii: GoldenEye 007 - $17

How did you get $20 for Excitebots? I see it's down to $3.50 on the TIV list.

[quote name='johnnymavrik']A serious WTF? moment today at lunch.

I work downtown so I went to the downtown mall in Sacramento to trade in a few games. I was just there last week...and I walk up and the place is gutted.

Apparently, sometime in the last week, they decided to put up a sign saying the store was closing on 2/20/11 for good.

So odd. They had been at the mall for atleast 10+ years.[/QUOTE]

Is there another store nearby, even an EB Games? Is that mall doing good business or in a decline?

Here in St. Louis there is a mall on its last legs (Crestwood) in south St. Louis County that has had all the stores in it go away and Gamestop was one of the last holdouts. When the lease came up in August they just left as they had a more successful store about 1/2 mile down the road in a much busier open air shopping center. The district manager even made her office in that store as it was the largest mall store in her district.

Makes me wonder when things will change at the South County Mall in St. Louis as they currently have 3 Gamestop's. The largest store is outside the mall (was originally a Funcoland in the 90's), then a regular Gamestop inside the mall as well as an EB Games (still with the EB Games logo) inside the mall also.

[quote name='l3asturd']Sorry if you want base just subtract the 35%. I didnt feel it was necessary.[/QUOTE]

It's not necessary, but it's generally considered the polite thing to do.

Either you can do the math once yourself (where you know just what bonuses you got), or you can make everyone else do the math (and guess at just what bonus you actually got).

[quote name='MSUHitman']Is there another store nearby, even an EB Games? Is that mall doing good business or in a decline?

[/QUOTE]

Oh the downtown mall in Sacramento has gradually been losing tenants. In fact, its a proposed site for a new arena (goodbye mall) if it ever gets built.

That said, I was just surprised they closed with out posting it more than a week or two out. Sucks if people had pre-orders (or do they transfer to another store?).

Anyways - here is what I got in the last 24 hours. I think it's the same prices that are in the system.

:360:
Iron Man 2 - $6

:ps3:
Mel B - $9
The Fight - Lights Out - $11
The Shoot - $9

Total with Powerup card and extra 50% was $56.00

[quote name='CaptPete']It's not necessary, but it's generally considered the polite thing to do.

Either you can do the math once yourself (where you know just what bonuses you got), or you can make everyone else do the math (and guess at just what bonus you actually got).[/QUOTE]
They actually got the 50% bonus as well. The 25% bonus with edge wasn't adding up correctly until i decided to try the 50% with edge.

Are these base? I can't quite figure out entire. Some look base, others don't.

Are these base? I can't quite figure out entire. Some look base, others don't.

Forgot to mention they're all base. The TiVs(Most of them anyway) seemed a bit high to me, but I didn't complain.

More for 2/23/11

:wii: Donkey Kong Country Returns $24
:wii: Super Mario Galaxy 2 $22
:wii: Kirby's Epic Yarn $24
:wii: Wii Party $12
:wii: PokePark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure $12
:ds: Pokemon Platinum $10
:ds: Mario VS Donkey Kong: Miniland Mayhem $13.50
:ds: Mario Party DS $13.50

Just called in for these 4 (as I could not believe what was reported)
DS Phantom Hourglass $4
Spirit Tracks $6

wii Excite Truck $3
Excite bots $3

[quote name='donut']Just called in for these 4 (as I could not believe what was reported)
DS Phantom Hourglass $4
Spirit Tracks $6

wii Excite Truck $3
Excite bots $3[/QUOTE]
*scratches chin* Hmm... I thought that neckbeard looked suspicious.

Guess I'd better edit my post to be YMMV.

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']*scratches chin* Hmm... I thought that neckbeard looked suspicious.[/QUOTE]
Looking at the second set of values those don't appear to be base either. Almost all of them are 2-4 dollars more than quoted and some of those quotes are only a couple days old.

[quote name='johnnymavrik']Oh the downtown mall in Sacramento has gradually been losing tenants. In fact, its a proposed site for a new arena (goodbye mall) if it ever gets built.

That said, I was just surprised they closed with out posting it more than a week or two out. Sucks if people had pre-orders (or do they transfer to another store?).[/QUOTE]

They would be transfered to the next closest store. When the Crestwood Gamestop closed, that's about the amount of notice they had.

Still better than the Fenton, MO Game Crazy that was told 2 hours before close on the Thursday before ODST came out that was the last night the store would be open and if they wanted unemployment, they had to come in Friday and break down the store for everything to be shipped to another location.

Just learned that it's a mortal sin at gamestop to bring in a sealed copy of a game. Brought in AC:B to get credit for the B2G1 yesterday, and was denied service due to a policy against sealed games. Are they dumb or what?

[quote name='XF Gator']Just learned that it's a mortal sin at gamestop to bring in a sealed copy of a game. Brought in AC:B to get credit for the B2G1 yesterday, and was denied service due to a policy against sealed games. Are they dumb or what?[/QUOTE]

noob.

[quote name='XF Gator']Just learned that it's a mortal sin at gamestop to bring in a sealed copy of a game. Brought in AC:B to get credit for the B2G1 yesterday, and was denied service due to a policy against sealed games. Are they dumb or what?[/QUOTE]

You should tell them to pretend that it's a "new game" that was re-sealed as new, after being abused... er checked-out for a weekend, by their employees.

;)

I keed.

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']
:wii: Super Mario Galaxy 2 $22
[/QUOTE]
Really? Looks like I'm trading it in tomorrow. Have yet to play SMG1 but SMG2 is going for ~$35 used on Amazon. I figure after all is said and done i'm getting about ~$35 back after bonuses and I'll just buy it off Amazon next time I stack some credit.

I originally bought it for $25 from GF so its a win/win.

[quote name='musicjunkie']Really? Looks like I'm trading it in tomorrow. Have yet to play SMG1 but SMG2 is going for ~$35 used on Amazon. I figure after all is said and done i'm getting about ~$35 back after bonuses and I'll just buy it off Amazon next time I stack some credit.

I originally bought it for $25 from GF so its a win/win.[/QUOTE]
Actually you may wanna call. It seems the clerk botched my TiVs... in a good way.

I, personally, wouldn't trade in any Mario games, unless I had extra copies that is. Your method also seems like quite a hassle to deal with, what with that Trade-In fiasco that happened with Amazon not too long ago.

[quote name='confoosious']noob.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dgwillia006']Well, how do they know its not stolen if you brought it in sealed

As of Feb 15th 2011
All of these are base prices.

Sonic Colors - Wii - $15.00

Metroid Other M Wii - $9.00

Tatsunoko vs Capcom - Wii - $9.00

Naruto Broken Bond - 360 - $8.00

MK vs DCU - 360- $7.00

New Super Mario Bros - Wii - $18.00

Phantasy Star Universe - 360 - $4.00

Castlevania Lord of Shadows - 360 - $16.00

Rabbids Go Home - Wii - $6.00

Rayman Raving Rabbids - Wii - $5.00

Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party - Wii - $6.00

As of Feb 23rd 2011:

Assassin's Creed 2 - 360 - $5.00

Legend of Spyro - 360 - $9.00

Left 4 Dead 2 - 360 - $8.00

The Simpsons Game - 360 - $6.00

Dragonball Z Burst Limit - 360 - $8.00

Band Hero(Game Only) - 360 - $4.00

Base TiV 2/23/11

:ds:

Mega Man Star Force 3 Black Ace $4.00
Mega Man Star Force 3 Red Joker $3.00
WarioWare DiY $6.00

bought killzone 3 love the campaign but not impressed with the multiplayer roughly how much could i get for it on a trade in ? or can i return it since i bought it today.

[quote name='jeff1304']bought killzone 3 love the campaign but not impressed with the multiplayer roughly how much could i get for it on a trade in ? or can i return it since i bought it today.[/QUOTE]

If you bought it used, you can return it within 7 days. If you bought it new, you can only trade it in. It is at $25 base so $37.50 with the bonus..$40 if you have a powerup card.

[quote name='jeff1304']bought killzone 3 love the campaign but not impressed with the multiplayer roughly how much could i get for it on a trade in ? or can i return it since i bought it today.[/QUOTE]

Yup I bought it for the multi player and its pretty lame. I'll probably let go of it soon.

Can someone clarify the 50% extra? Is it on all trade ins? Or only certain titles? Also, do you have to apply the credit towards another purchase right away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back