GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jskatt21']Can someone clarify the 50% extra? Is it on all trade ins? Or only certain titles? Also, do you have to apply the credit towards another purchase right away?[/QUOTE]

Its all trade ins and you dont have to buy anything to get the bonus.

[quote name='Vap']Its all trade ins and you dont have to buy anything to get the bonus.[/QUOTE]

Hardware included? I have three wired 360 headsets.

[quote name='Hostile']Hardware included? I have three wired 360 headsets.[/QUOTE]

Nah hardware doesn't count.

I wonder if I should wait for another tiered promo (2/$5, 4/$10, 6/$20) to trade in my stack, or if I should do it now? I obviously can't sell them locally, hitting a brick wall there.

JP, any news on an upcoming tiered promo? Thanks brother.

Normally it's about the $12 mark for the percentage bonus to be better than the flat $10/$20/$25/$40/$50 bonuses for trading in during the bulk promos.

[quote name='io']It's still a pretty dumb policy so I can see why some "noobs" arte shocked by it. How do they know your unsealed game isn't stolen? They should just reject all trades to be safe!

Personally I don't mind anyway - if I have a new game to trade in (which seems to be rare these days anyway) I'd much prefer to open it and keep the brand new case while giving GS back one of the crappy crumbled replacement cases that they send me from gamestop.com.[/QUOTE]

Ever since those employees in Memphis were arrested for taking in stolen goods Gamestop has made the sealed game policy roughly the same as the ESRB policy. Do it wrong & you're gone.

Yeah I've got 7 PS3 games, and with the 60% promo/PUR bonus it'd only equal $34.40 (21.50 before). That just doesn't sit right with me for some reason. Normally I come out on top with these deals, but idk this time. You'd think I could sell them locally for $60 or $50 as a bulk, but no go. I mean these cost close to $100 if you bought them used at GS.

Resistance
Resistance 2
Soul Calibur IV
Virtua FIghter
GTA IV
Warhawk
Bayonetta

Are those worth $34.40 TIV? I know most are older (heck i didn't even play 2 of them, warhawk is still sealed), but I still think they are worth a little more than that. IDK, $4.91 apiece just feels wrong lol.

wow killzone 3 tiv is only worth it if you get the +50% and powerup bonus. im hoping to plat it in the next few days, i cant keep this. mp is very underwhelming. i got all the mp trophies and the co op trophies with my man, now i just need to plow through the single player and im gonna tiv this asap. amazon only gives 11, omg. i hope gs tiv doesn't plummet next few days. i thought bulletstorm was gonna be overrated...kz3 is.

[quote name='BiggNick']Yeah I've got 7 PS3 games, and with the 60% promo/PUR bonus it'd only equal $34.40 (21.50 before). That just doesn't sit right with me for some reason. Normally I come out on top with these deals, but idk this time. You'd think I could sell them locally for $60 or $50 as a bulk, but no go. I mean these cost close to $100 if you bought them used at GS.

Resistance
Resistance 2
Soul Calibur IV
Virtua FIghter
GTA IV
Warhawk
Bayonetta

Are those worth $34.40 TIV? I know most are older (heck i didn't even play 2 of them, warhawk is still sealed), but I still think they are worth a little more than that. IDK, $4.91 apiece just feels wrong lol.[/QUOTE]

i wouldn't, bring them to a local shop or something if you have one. Mine would give me around $75 cash for those.

[quote name='lude21']i wouldn't, bring them to a local shop or something if you have one. Mine would give me around $75 cash for those.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what sucks. I only have a really crappy run Play N Trade and Gamestops near me.

Even Amazon trade-in is ~$40-44 in credit, but I've read some bad horror stories about stuff going missing in the past week or so.

Guess I'll hold off.

[quote name='BiggNick']Yeah that's what sucks. I only have a really crappy run Play N Trade and Gamestops near me.

Even Amazon trade-in is ~$40-44 in credit, but I've read some bad horror stories about stuff going missing in the past week or so.

Guess I'll hold off.[/QUOTE]

For that list, I would lock in and go the Amazon route. Just make sure all games are complete and smudge free (knock on wood, many trade ins and no issues to date)
Sorry, but holding off on those titles will most likely not net you any additional $ more than Amazon. and I really doubt any game store would give you $75...if that be true, ship them to the CAG who thinks he can, and give him something for his time (that plus shipping and you would still be ahead...) but I really doubt those titles will garner $70-$75...you even wrote about a failed craigslist ad at less than that... that fail on it's own should have given you all the guidance you need...

If you cannot swallow GSs offer, Amazon is your best bet...

[quote name='donut']For that list, I would lock in and go the Amazon route. Just make sure all games are complete and smudge free (knock on wood, many trade ins and no issues to date)
Sorry, but holding off on those titles will most likely not net you any additional $ more than Amazon. and I really doubt any game store would give you $75...if that be true, ship them to the CAG who thinks he can, and give him something for his time (that plus shipping and you would still be ahead...) but I really doubt those titles will garner $70-$75...you even wrote about a failed craigslist ad at less than that... that fail on it's own should have given you all the guidance you need...

If you cannot swallow GSs offer, Amazon is your best bet...[/QUOTE]

I've just heard really bad things lately about UPS in terms of items going missing.

The only thing missing in that list is the manual for Resistance 2. Does Amazon accept it if it is missing the book? It has the sleeve...(sorry, I'll delete these when I get confirmation, I've heard mixed results).

[quote name='ScottBigGame']Xbox360
Fallout New Vegas $8[/QUOTE]
Ewww. And I was going to trade it in today. Suppose I'll hang on to it for now.

[quote name='donut']For that list, I would lock in and go the Amazon route. Just make sure all games are complete and smudge free (knock on wood, many trade ins and no issues to date)

If you cannot swallow GSs offer, Amazon is your best bet...[/QUOTE]

LOL, my local shop is a overpriced to begin with...dude gives me $10 minimum for ps3 games. Just tryin to help out, i could care less if you dont believe me. Btw just traded a bricked madcatz (firmware) ps3 contoller that i got for $4 at kmart a year ago.$5.75 BASE LOL

[quote name='lude21']LOL, my local shop is a overpriced to begin with...dude gives me $10 minimum for ps3 games. Just tryin to help out, i could care less if you dont believe me. Btw just traded a bricked madcatz (firmware) ps3 contoller that i got for $4 at kmart a year ago.$5.75 BASE LOL[/QUOTE]

wow, then you my friend, are very blessed to have that store as an option.

[quote name='BiggNick']I've just heard really bad things lately about UPS in terms of items going missing.

The only thing missing in that list is the manual for Resistance 2. Does Amazon accept it if it is missing the book? It has the sleeve...(sorry, I'll delete these when I get confirmation, I've heard mixed results).[/QUOTE]

No, it needs to be complete (another benefit of GS as they give 100% trade-in value for a disc only copy, as I traded PS3 COD BO yesterday)
You might get lucky by asking a GS store for a manual...I've read some members here have asked and been successful..

I just got an email from the power rewards saying that you get an extra 50 for trade in of a ps3/xbox360/wii and 25 for the handhelds. Deal runs till March 6.

TIV as of 2/24
Metroid Other M: $9
Super Mario Galaxy 2: $18
COD World at War (360): $6
Assassin's Creed (360): $2.5
Valkyria Chronicles: $7

[quote name='kingchaos']I just got an email from the power rewards saying that you get an extra 50 for trade in of a ps3/xbox360/wii and 25 for the handhelds. Deal runs till March 6.[/QUOTE]

You also get $25 extra for the PS2. Essentially bonus for everything but the old Nintendo systems (Gamecube, GBA SP, GBA.)

Trade In's today -

Resident Evil 4 Wii - 6.00

PSP 300 System - 50.00
Prinny: Can I really be the hero - 4.00
Capcom Puzzle World - 1.50
Jeanne D'Arc - 1.50
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max - 3.00
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles - 2.50

[quote name='MSUHitman']You also get $25 extra for the PS2.[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty good deal considering what you'd normally get for a PS2 from them. I thought about it since I have a couple spare ones, but then I remembered they don't have the back cover so GS won't take 'em.

Anyone have a base value on Kingdom Hearts Recoded please? I called 3 different GS stores and they all refused saying they're not allowed to give a phone quote unless I physically bring it in for them to assess it's condition and worth???

i know this isnt the amazon tivthread, sorry jp, but they now offer 40 for killzone 3 and bulletstorm and still 36-38 for twoworlds2. peace

Not sure if anyone has commented on this, but this whole 50% more trade-in value might possibly be due to pricing adjustments. CoD4 had been $10 pre-owned for forever (in-store/online), and I just checked on the site and it was $15. Anyone else notice price raises?

[quote name='dizmilli']How much is the base price of Xbox 360s? If there is $50 bonus, I might trade a few xboxs[/QUOTE]

It's in the OP. But right now it's $35 with a wired controller, $40 with wireless, assuming they haven't dipped the TIV even lower due to this promo.

With the bonus, that's $85 for my old 360 with a wired controller; not great, but I've been considering selling mine on eBay or Craigslist and that's not that much less than what I'd get in cash, plus I don't have to worry about shipping. Might do that along with my old PS2 slim.

[quote name='mcdaking84']does anyone know what must be included with the wii?

controller, nunchuck, and wii sports?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know as well... also, am I just really slow today or does the list not have the base TIV for a wii console?

I'm interested in whether or not this would essentially "stack" with the promotion for trading up to a 3DS. I'm not in a terrible hurry to get a 3DS, but if I could get $100 for my DSi, I might bite on that.

I know it says that it doesn't work with other promotions, but this seems like it might work. I don't know.

I have at least 1 extra working PS2, and 6 that may or may not work which I just bought for $1 each. This will be interesting if any of those 6 work.

[quote name='mcdaking84']does anyone know what must be included with the wii?

controller, nunchuck, and wii sports?[/QUOTE]

You can keep any games that were included with the system or trade them in for a lil extra (Wii Sports is probably worth $1).

Some advice needed: trade in Dragon Age: Origins now or wait until DA2 comes out and hope for a bump in interest = bump in trade in value?

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Not sure if anyone has commented on this, but this whole 50% more trade-in value might possibly be due to pricing adjustments. CoD4 had been $10 pre-owned for forever (in-store/online), and I just checked on the site and it was $15. Anyone else notice price raises?[/QUOTE]

They probably just had trouble keeping COD4 in stock at $10. I never see that game used any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back