GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
After I told a friend about the +$50 trade-in deal, he was interested in getting in on it as well when I went with mine. Unfortunately for him, his 360 has trouble reading discs :cry:. Knowing he'd most likely have the refurb-fee knocked off the trade-in value, would GS still honor the +$50 bonus?

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']After I told a friend about the +$50 trade-in deal, he was interested in getting in on it as well when I went with mine. Unfortunately for him, his 360 has trouble reading discs :cry:. Knowing he'd most likely have the refurb-fee knocked off the trade-in value, would GS still honor the +$50 bonus?[/QUOTE]
I don't usually think their testing is that thorough. He can try going in and hope for the best. It should be just fine. Usually the refurb fee is usually if there's a lot of physical wear on the console.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']I don't usually think their testing is that thorough. He can try going in and hope for the best. It should be just fine. Usually the refurb fee is usually if there's a lot of physical wear on the console.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I kind of figured it would. Unless someone else chimes in with a confirmation one way or the other, I'll report back in with how it goes when I stop in later this week. The weather is just too funky to drive out there today.

Oh and if someone goes to GS can they confirm Blops being $18 or $24? (before someone tells me to call, I tried and the 3 around here said they don't do that over the phone?)

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Oh and if someone goes to GS can they confirm Blops being $18 or $24? (before someone tells me to call, I tried and the 3 around here said they don't do that over the phone?)[/QUOTE]
wow you've got dicks that work at your gamestops, I called this morning and asked about 4 different games with no problem.

[quote name='Donkey132']wow you've got dicks that work at your gamestops, I called this morning and asked about 4 different games with no problem.[/QUOTE]
Could it be some region thing??

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Could it be some region thing??[/QUOTE]
I suppose it's possible that the DM of those stores decided it should be against the rules for some reason.

[quote name='Donkey132']I suppose it's possible that the DM of those stores decided it should be against the rules for some reason.[/QUOTE]

They usually give the prices over the phone here too, though some stores are too lazy to do it, and always says "We are busy". (Despite not being busy most of the time)

Ignore my comment about Blops and DKC:R. I called the GameStops I usually go to and they're still 24/22.

I only went to the one on Winter St. in MA since they had the Tactics Ogre guide in stock. Just FYI for anyone if they live near there... their TIVs are completely fucked.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Oh and if someone goes to GS can they confirm Blops being $18 or $24? (before someone tells me to call, I tried and the 3 around here said they don't do that over the phone?)[/QUOTE]

Yeah same thing here, I called 4 different GS stores for the base value on Kingdom Hearts Recoded and they all refused saying they're not allowed to give a phone quote unless I physically bring it in for them to assess it's condition and worth??? I asked in here too but no answer.

[quote name='SKEETER']Yeah same thing here, I called 4 different GS stores for the base value on Kingdom Hearts Recoded and they all refused saying they're not allowed to give a phone quote unless I physically bring it in for them to assess it's condition and worth??? I asked in here too but no answer.[/QUOTE]

1. Local pawn laws may not allow them to give TIV quotes over the phone. This is most common in California and Florida. Also if stuff is in bad shape there are refurb fees attached that take off the value, but usually ones that give you a quote over the phone will say, "that's the value if its in good condition."

2. Their DM may have put down a ruling in their district telling them not to do it because some Gamestop DM's feel that you will come in if you're not given a quote over the phone, but you won't come in if you get the quote.

3. They could be a really busy store (most Gamestops only have 1-2 employees working at a time unless it's Fri-Sun.) and they may not have time to do it over the phone when they have customers in the store.

Trade for 2-28
No change on Killzone 2 for PS3- Still $7 base.

Traded in 20 minutes ago
PS3
Black Ops-24
Borderlands-6
God of War III-7
Assassins Creed Brotherhood-20
FFXIII-7
Dragon Age Origins-7
Singularity-9
Mass Effect 2-20
Red Dead Redemption-9

PS2 Phat-20

219.40 Total after edge/50%/25 extra

2/28
Uncharted 2: GOTY - $8

I'm guessing the standard UC2 is the same since this one just comes with a voucher and the extra content isn't on the disc itself.

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']do they take e-readers? And can ethernet cables be of any color or only grey?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter I had 3 older ones that i'd upgraded from long ago: grey, white and black $.81 is better than in my trash can! :lol:

The HDMI cables I traded were bright yellow and prolly 3 feet each. Only color they had at the time I ordered. You could actually buy alot of cables for $2.xx each and trade them in for $4.40 each with bump. Times a million and profit!

Decided to brave the weather and head out to GS with my friend's, and my own 360's to trade in. Ended up keeping a few games I walked in with, and instead went over to Best Buy to try and see what their TIVs was.

Not really GS related, but I found out they're offering $18 (giftcard) for COD Modern Warfare 2 :ps3:. Figured other CAG's might want to know that, considering I picked the game up during the holidays when my local GS store had used copies marked down to $9.99. Walked into BB with MW2, walked OUT with DJ Hero 1 w/ turntable, for only $10 out of pocket.

PS: The clerk worked it out that my friend's 360 got full TIV w/ the bonus. Was very cool of her.

[quote name='SKEETER'] ...I called 4 different GS stores... and they all refused saying they're not allowed to give a phone quote unless I physically bring it in for them to assess it's condition and worth???[/QUOTE]

If your local stores won't give a phone quote, just look up an out-of-state GS and call that one instead. Sounds like this is becoming an issue with the California stores, but there's no reason you can't call a store in Oregon or Washington or anywhere else instead. I'm presuming none of us cheap-asses are paying for long distance calling these days!!

I just called Gamestop and they quoted me $50 for my older Elite 360 system, plus an extra $25 for the system trade bonus. But then the guy told me about the extra $50 with the power up pro card, and quoted me a total of $125. Which would be cool, but I checked the fine print, and it says 'not to be combined with any other offer'. Would this mean the $25 extra offer? So did the guy misquote me, and I'd only get $100 total?

[quote name='SybreTiger']I just called Gamestop and they quoted me $50 for my older Elite 360 system, plus an extra $25 for the system trade bonus. But then the guy told me about the extra $50 with the power up pro card, and quoted me a total of $125. Which would be cool, but I checked the fine print, and it says 'not to be combined with any other offer'. Would this mean the $25 extra offer? So did the guy misquote me, and I'd only get $100 total?[/QUOTE]
You would only get $100, correct. Sometimes, there might be a glitch in the system and it would allow but I don't think that has happened.

So a Core Xbox 360 without a hard drive and I wired controller should get me around 85 right? Or do I have to give them a hard drive? I'd like to trade one system without a hard drive and then potentially get a new model and trade my other one in after a data transfer.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']So a Core Xbox 360 without a hard drive and I wired controller should get me around 85 right? Or do I have to give them a hard drive? I'd like to trade one system without a hard drive and then potentially get a new model and trade my other one in after a data transfer.[/QUOTE]

Hard drives are traded in separately from systems, just like games. So you should be fine.

i want to trade in my psp and get a move today if my battery comes in the mail. the old one is dead and they won't take it without a battery. what can i expect to get from base psp 2000 and 2 4gb memory sticks?

Never traded in a system before - but what do they do when you take it in testing wise - i.e. my CD drive sticks sometimes, and I have some machine oil that I was going to use to help the track along, but didn't know if I would get dinged for a reburb charge on the drive, or if they accepted open systems (need to pop that bad boy open to lube up the rails and lens).

iconwii.gif

System $60 (3/1/2011)

[quote name='blitztwn36']Never traded in a system before - but what do they do when you take it in testing wise - i.e. my CD drive sticks sometimes, and I have some machine oil that I was going to use to help the track along, but didn't know if I would get dinged for a reburb charge on the drive, or if they accepted open systems (need to pop that bad boy open to lube up the rails and lens).[/QUOTE]

As far as testing goes, as long as it powers up and reads discs, you should be fine. One of the consoles I traded in had trouble reading discs, but when the second disc she tried booted up fine, she just blamed it on the first game disc. Regarding breaking the seal, I would just prepare yourself for them to deny trade in outright, or at the very least having the refurb fee lopped off the TIV.

Honestly though, I hope you can get full credit. The above is more or less just a warning.

Black OPs for the Xbox is $24 base
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes for the Gamecube is $7

I made $46.50 here, which is amazing since I wasn't expecting much for MGS since it was in crap condition and I bought it at clearance at a Pawn Shop for a quarter!

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']As far as testing goes, as long as it powers up and reads discs, you should be fine. One of the consoles I traded in had trouble reading discs, but when the second disc she tried booted up fine, she just blamed it on the first game disc. Regarding breaking the seal, I would just prepare yourself for them to deny trade in outright, or at the very least having the refurb fee lopped off the TIV.

Honestly though, I hope you can get full credit. The above is more or less just a warning.[/QUOTE]

My ol' 360 booted up like a champ one last time for me and entertained the GS employee with a little halo reach. Full credit for it.

$50 - 360 w/ wireless controller
$6 - 20gb HD
$5 - headset

$111 total with $50 bonus. Not bad.

[quote name='albwrong']
iconwii.gif

System $60 (3/1/2011)[/QUOTE]
Is that the black, white, or red? And was it a motion plus console?

Cause $110 for it sounds really awesome (after the bonus).

thinking about taking in my ps2...but it has a network adapter attached...wonder if they will take it with the expansion bay cover missing?

Going to see tomorrow I guess.

I know this really isnt the place for it, but does anyone know what the TIV for an official Nintendo Gamecube Broadband adapter is? Found a sealed one in an old box o' stuff while cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back