GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
so i want to trade in my ds lite in since i dont really use it anymore and it'll be a loonggg time until get a 3ds

with that said do i have to keep the 3ds preorder when i trade in my ds or can i just cancel it later and keep the credit?

PSP 1000 - 25.00

Hammerin Hero (PSP) - 1.50

Half Minute Hero (PSP) - 2.50

PS3 Controller Charge Cable - 1.50

PSP 2GB Memory Card - 4.00

Lego Star Wars 2 (PSP) - 6.00

[quote name='metallicoholic']To those using the 50% extra credit coupon, are you buying and returning whatever you buy just to get the credit? Can you do that?[/QUOTE]

Definitely

over the phone just now

PS3
The Shoot $11
The Fight $12

Did not receive the 50% coupon on the bottom of my confirmation store pick-up e-mail.

For those who did receive the coupon, did you enter your power up #? I did....
just wondering if there are parameters before it is issued....

[quote name='Nelo Ice']so i want to trade in my ds lite in since i dont really use it anymore and it'll be a loonggg time until get a 3ds

with that said do i have to keep the 3ds preorder when i trade in my ds or can i just cancel it later and keep the credit?[/QUOTE]

The credit you get from your DS lite has to be put towards the 3DS. There's no other way around it.

I can't believe I got about 44 for black ops (PS3) using the coupon. It basically paid for the used copy of MvC3 i was able to find. I may return Mafia II this week, but I actually like the game.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']The credit you get from your DS lite has to be put towards the 3DS. There's no other way around it.[/QUOTE]

bleh figures guess ill try sending it to amazon

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']The credit you get from your DS lite has to be put towards the 3DS. There's no other way around it.[/QUOTE]

well yes and no...
You could trade it in towards the 3DS and then change your mind at a later date...
man, trading in a console/handheld at Amazon...hold your breath for it to be accepted....

exactly. It wouldn't be the best course of action to try to cancel that day, but nothing stops you from moving money to something else (game/card) or even canceling it at a later date. If an associate tries to tell you its not allowed, corporate states otherwise

Homefront on 360- $20

Only reason I know this is the person ahead of me in line bought the game at Walmart at midnight he said, played it today, and beat it. He doesn't play online and noted that the codes (online pass and RC copter avatar prop) were not used.

It amazes me that people buy FPS's at launch when they don't have online access. Longest single player campaigns I can think of in a FPS are Battlefield and Halo, and those are about 8-10 hours on normal. Borderlands is the longest I can think of, but that's mainly because it's a Diablo-style game in a FPS skin.

As of 3/14/11.

All for the PS2.

Transformers The Game - 1.50

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - 3.00

Cabela's Big Game Hunter (2006) - 2.00

Ratchet: Deadlocked - 1.50

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier - 5.00

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 - 11.00

Need for Speed: Most Wanted - 2.50

Rock Band Track Pack Vol. 2 - 0.50

[quote name='loc0bob']20 bucks for homefront? Seriously? Way to go GS.[/QUOTE]

Well, if it has an online pass, then that kills the resale value. (even though it's gonna be $55 probably, it won't sell as easily used)

[quote name='MSUHitman']Homefront on 360- $20

Only reason I know this is the person ahead of me in line bought the game at Walmart at midnight he said, played it today, and beat it. He doesn't play online and noted that the codes (online pass and RC copter avatar prop) were not used.

It amazes me that people buy FPS's at launch when they don't have online access. Longest single player campaigns I can think of in a FPS are Battlefield and Halo, and those are about 8-10 hours on normal. Borderlands is the longest I can think of, but that's mainly because it's a Diablo-style game in a FPS skin.[/QUOTE]

Farcry 2 was 20+ hours and STALKER is who knows how long, never beat it.

Gamestop don't seem too concern over online passes, it's just something that they do for new releases during the first week. Since Dead Space 2 come out with a TIV of like 22 bucks, then shot up to like 24~25 the following week. Same with Mass Effect 2 PS3.

[quote name='dabamus']Well, if it has an online pass, then that kills the resale value. (even though it's gonna be $55 probably, it won't sell as easily used)[/QUOTE]
I'm not completely certain, but I think they've priced other new releases that didn't have an online pass for about the same amount.

[quote name='Elhaym']As of 3/14/11.
PS2:
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories - 3.00

[/QUOTE]

Fixed that for you.

Pretty sure they are not paying $3 for a game they sell for $4.99

[quote name='z24buddy']Fixed that for you.

Pretty sure they are not paying $3 for a game they sell for $4.99[/QUOTE]

Hmm, you're right. But I did trade in Vice City, for some reason the worker thought I was trading in Stories. He also thought I was trading in Jak 4 when I actually traded in Jak 1. Not that I am complaining about free extra credit.

Anyone else notice they took away the "pre-owned" coupons from Power Up Rewards? Like the 4k points one for $5 off any used, and 8k points one for $10 off any used. While leaving the 5k points one for $5 off any purchase and 10k points for $10 off any purchase. While I'd use those coupons for a New game purchase, they're just making us use more PUR points for used games now?

I think that by now there are a lot more points earned out there. I'm pretty sure the rewards will keep getting crappier and cheaper. I just cashed out my points for $50 off a purchase coupon and used it on a new Halo reach Legendary I found in store. Ended up being 9.99. Also redeemed the rest for the black official 360 controller. I was saving my points for something really good but the quality of rewards seem to be going in the other direction so I decided to pull the trigger.

Oddly enough, it appears I have a new B2G1F offer in my dashboard; I didn't use the original one that expired 12/31 of last year due to their end of year sale. It's actually quite good timing now (this coupon expires 4/30)

TIV from today

:ps3:

NBA 2k11 - $15
Madden 09 - $.20

:360:

Tiger Woods 07 - $.20
Marvel/Forza - $2.50
All Pro 2k8 - $.80
Sega Super Star Tennis - $.20
Arcade Compilation - $1.00

Hi, could anyone give me an idea of how much trade in I could get for a 20gb 360 in the box with all hookups and wireless controller? Might would put it toward a 3ds if they'd give me enough. Thanks.

[quote name='ps2emotions']Hi, could anyone give me an idea of how much trade in I could get for a 20gb 360 in the box with all hookups and wireless controller? Might would put it toward a 3ds if they'd give me enough. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
$56 by the database in the first couple of posts. You've got a Core system, wireless controller, and 20GB HD. $50 for the system and controller, $6 for the hard drive.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Read the op.[/QUOTE]

I was reading it and really can't determine a value. I'm not a member or anything and saw this one guy post he got like $61 for the system, wireless controller, 20gb hdd, headset with some sort of $50 bonus putting it to $111. Sounds too good to be true to me.

[quote name='JJSP']$56 by the database in the first couple of posts. You've got a Core system, wireless controller, and 20GB HD. $50 for the system and controller, $6 for the hard drive.[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok, so the bonus stuff is expired now? Picked up 3 360 consoles yesterday for $185, 1 broken, 2 works. Keeping the 2010 arcade unit because it's under warranty for quite some time. Need to let the broken hdmi one go and the 2006 non hdmi one go with 20gb drive and would put them towards a 3ds if I could get say $125 trade in for both the cib working 20gb with wireless controller and headset and the broken hdmi 2007 one with mad catz wired controller and hookups and 256mb memory card I would probably do it though I can probably get $125 for the 20gb one by itself if I wanted to bother with trying to sell it.

They're not going to give you jack for the broken one, and knowingly trading in broken consoles which will then be potentially purchased by us is kind of shitty.

[quote name='JJSP']They're not going to give you jack for the broken one, and knowingly trading in broken consoles which will then be potentially purchased by us is kind of shitty.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop would be knowingly buying it as broken because I wouldn't lie for it plus I'm sure they test them anyway because most people are out to screw anyone they can but I'm not that way. I just saw where people were trading in broken systems with a refurb fee being deducted and didn't know what they do on 360's. It's not doing me anygood so anything I could get for it would be a plus and I figured gamestop might have a system setup to get them repaired. I see dslite's are $50 traded in for 3ds so that is pretty decent deal too. I have a white like new one but it did develop a little crack in the hinge that did not completely break but I used a little JB weld on it years ago and no problems. Just not sure if they will take it like that even though it just looks like a gray spot on the hinge. Hate to part with the gba port too sort of but $50 pretty good.

Gamestop does buy broken units, but the give you (obviously) less value...maybe it varies depending on the console.

I remember trading a Wii months ago during one of their $50 promos. It was broken and they confirmed it didn't even turned on, at the store. The core value was $50, but deducted $25 because it was broken and it went down to $25. But they gave me the $50 promo and the final value was of $75. Which was way more than I was expecting, since I was expecting like $10 because it was broken. Along with accessories and controllers they gave me $250. :bouncy:

According to the OP, they will give you around $50 but deduct $15 for the "refurb deduction"; then add the $6 for the 20GBHDD and whatever else you trade. May have to check your local Gamestop and see.

Got something for Killzone 3, but I can't find the receipt. Put all the credit towards Crysis 2 and remember only paying $32.98 (including tax), so maybe someone can figure it out. I get the 10% bonus and live in NYC.

Went yesterday to GS to trade in a bunch of games for Dragon Age II. The price listed is the base price, the bracketed price is with the 10% Edge Card and the 25% Extra TIV towards DA2.

Playstation 2:
The Sims Bustin' Out - $3.25 ($4.55)
The Sims - $2.50 ($3.50)
Final Fantasy X - $4 ($5.60)
Final Fantasy X-2 - $1.50 ($2.10)
Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories - $6 ($8.40)
Guitar Hero III - $.20 ($.28)
Kingdom Hearts 2 - $6 ($8.40)
Kingdom Hearts - $5 ($7)

Playstation 3:
Final Fantasy XIII - $7 ($9.80)
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - $16 ($22.40)

Nintendo DS:
Professor Layton and the Curious Village - $8 ($11.20)
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box - $7 ($9.80)

XBOX 360:
Dragon Age Origins - $8 ($11.20)

Nintendo Wii:
Cooking Mama: World Kitchen - $7 ($9.80)
Cooking Mama: Cook Off - $7 ($9.80)
Order Up! - $2.50 ($3.50)
Help Wanted - $5 ($7)
Animal Crossing: City Folk - $9 ($12.60)
Tomb Raider Anniversary - $6 ($8.40)

My total TIV was $155. I'd say pretty successful :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back