GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably going to miss the 360 promo. fucking hate GameStop sometimes. I asked if I could use all the credit for a reserve on a Slim, even if I don't use the credit for anything else, and that I didn't care if it would take me a long time to get one, but they still said no. Weak shit.

[quote name='dramasetter929']Its crazy...i finally bit and traded in my refurb. 60gb ps3 and somehow got 265 dollars for it...he had told me it was some promo that was only happening in ny,nyc...anyone here from NYC had that same luck or was i a victim of pure luck...either way i didn't even pay a cent out of pockets and walked out with a brand new 120gb[/QUOTE]

Awesome, if I knew that I could get that in NJ I would probably make the upgrade from my 80gb to the slim, would cost me about the same to get a bigger hard drive anyway.

TiVs from the last couple of days

6/30
Little League WS 2009 (Wii) - $10.00
Monsters vs. Aliens (Wii) - $5.00
Press Your Luck 2010 (Wii) - $8.25

Formula One 2009 (PSP) - $7.25
Virtua Tennis 3 (PSP) - $1.25

Asphalt Urban GT (DS) - $1.50
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (DS) - $7.25
Flash Focus (DS) - $1.50
Trace Memory (DS) - $1.25

Brutal Legend (PS3) - $4.25

7/1
Army of Two: 40th Day (360) - $14.00

Why don't people post trade in values in the trade in values application? It would seem that way more than people who just follow this thread might see them. Just wondering, Im new here

[quote name='WorkTheShaft']Why don't people post trade in values in the trade in values application? It would seem that way more than people who just follow this thread might see them. Just wondering, Im new here[/QUOTE]
There are some people who do both. Some just post in here, some just post in the database. Values not put into the database and just listed here, I put in the database and vice versa. I keep both as closely up to date as possible.

Currently, using the TIV database from a mobile device isn't the easiest. The values in this thread are great for looking at values while at a clearance section of a store or game sale somewhere. I expect at some point, like when a CAG iPhone App get's released with TIV functionality, that this thread will die. I'll still monitor the database submissions for the obviously crap values like $99999 for Halo 3 or for values that are obviously after promos/edge.

[quote name='jp0213']...I expect at some point, like when a CAG iPhone App get's released with TIV functionality, that this thread will die...[/QUOTE]

I hope this thread doesn't die just because an iphone app gets released. Not all of us cheap-asses have or want iphones. To me, this thread is much easier to use (largely because of all your hard work, or course) than the database, and I would hate to see it die.

[quote name='CXK']Wow I'm SO close to ditching my PS3. Store credit wouldnt do much good, id still need a blu-ray player lol.[/QUOTE]
Walmart has Magnivox Blu-ray players for around $80.

I traded in 3 DS games

Zubo= $1.75
Geometry Wars= $1.75
Need for Speed Underground 2= $4.75 (that's the only change I saw from the info in the OP)

Got $18.25 total. Two of the games came from that goHastings glitch. Which made getting Mega Man Zero Collection for $13 even sweeter.

[quote name='WorkTheShaft']Why don't people post trade in values in the trade in values application? It would seem that way more than people who just follow this thread might see them. Just wondering, Im new here[/QUOTE]

It's just too much work. You have to look up the game and then put the TIV. So much easier to just list em all in a batch here. And also scan them as a batch here.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']I assume Wii sports would qualify for the trade 3 get $10, right?[/QUOTE]
Yes. I just traded it in like 5 minutes ago. Gets $4.75 as of today.

Rock Band: Beatles - $5
Rock Band: Lego - $5
Rock Band: Green Day - $20
Splinter Cell: Conviction - $18

Wii
Wii Fit Plus - $5.75
Wii Sports - $4.75

I was talking with the clerk and I told him after Edge and the 3 get $10 bonus I would be getting around $82. He said there was no way I would be getting that much. When the total button was hit the amount came up on the pad he looked at me, back at the screen, and then back at me and just asked how in the hell I was able to get so close. Told him about this thread. It's always fun doing that.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JAR']TiVs from the last couple of days

7/1
Army of Two: 40th Day (360) - $14.00[/QUOTE]

That didn't last long.

7/2
Army of Two: 40th Day (360) - $11.00
Left 4 Dead 2 (360) - $10.00

[quote name='jp0213']Yes. I just traded it in like 5 minutes ago. Gets $4.75 as of today.

Rock Band: Beatles - $5
Rock Band: Lego - $5
Rock Band: Green Day - $20
Splinter Cell: Conviction - $18

Wii
Wii Fit Plus - $5.75
Wii Sports - $4.75

I was talking with the clerk and I told him after Edge and the 3 get $10 bonus I would be getting around $82. He said there was no way I would be getting that much. When the total button was hit the amount came up on the pad he looked at me, back at the screen, and then back at me and just asked how in the hell I was able to get so close. Told him about this thread. It's always fun doing that.[/QUOTE]

wait jp, you can't post any trade ins WHO WILL UPDATE THE OP NOW.

[quote name='y2jasper']wait jp, you can't post any trade ins WHO WILL UPDATE THE OP NOW.[/QUOTE]
I actually thought about just posting the values after bonus to see if anyone noticed that it was me that did it. I didn't think anyone would immediately give me hell without actually noticing it was me.

Damn it jp, why did you post values after base you are just making it harder on jp. Hey wait a minute!

[quote name='jp0213']I actually thought about just posting the values after bonus to see if anyone noticed that it was me that did it. I didn't think anyone would immediately give me hell without actually noticing it was me.

Damn it jp, why did you post values after base you are just making it harder on jp. Hey wait a minute![/QUOTE]

I wouldve noticed it was you AND given you hell.

Did 2 trade ins today both for ps3.

Fifa World Cup 2010 - $19.75
Final Fantasy 13 - $20

With the 30% extra bonus and the 10% edge bonus, I got 27.65 for Fifa WC and 28 for FF for a total of 55.65 .... good deal

(the trade in tracker told me someone got 17.25 for FF13.. either they lied or got hosed 3 bucks)

These trades are a few days old but 2 of them are new to the OP list and the PS3 game can have the last traded date updated.

Base Values as of 6/27/10

PSP
iconpsp_r2.gif

Thrillville: Off the Rails $2.25
*New to List*(Please add this to the OP with the full name since both "Thrillville" and "Thrillville: Off the Rails" are 2 different games for the PSP

PS3
iconps3.gif

Mirror's Edge $5.75

Wii
iconwii.gif

Saint $2.25
*New to List*

[quote name='dramasetter929']Its crazy...i finally bit and traded in my refurb. 60gb ps3 and somehow got 265 dollars for it...he had told me it was some promo that was only happening in ny,nyc...anyone here from NYC had that same luck or was i a victim of pure luck...either way i didn't even pay a cent out of pockets and walked out with a brand new 120gb[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I called up when they opened when I saw this post and he confirmed it was worth $265 so I brought it in.

Edit: By the way I live in Queens in NYC.

[quote name='phillycool345']Thank you! I called up when they opened when I saw this post and he confirmed it was worth $265 so I brought it in.

Edit: By the way I live in Queens in NYC.[/QUOTE]

Hmm....I should ask the Gamestop near me how much a 80GB BC PS3 will get. If it also gets $265 in credit, I am so trading it in.

I'm also in Queens, NYC. =p

Cool man. I went to the College Point Game Stop near Whitestone. Do you live around there because it's a good store... Also I would think they would give you probably a little less for the BC 80gb PS3...

Traded in 7/3/10

Nintendo DS
Brain Age: Train Your Brain $3.50
Personal Trainer: Cooking $2.25
KingdomHearts 358/2 Days
Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story $15.00
GBA
Pokemon Sapphire $5.75

I wasn't paying attention, and didn't realize I only received $6.00 base value for kingdomhearts. Was surprised by the drop. Seeing that the one for PSP is coming out in a few...

This may be a YMMV thing, but I went in to GS to trade in some PS3 games with the 30% bonus tiv coupon and noticed they had a 50% trade in bonus on all games.

And some new values.

PS3:
FF 13 - $17
Blur - $23
God of War III - $12
Transformers: WfC - $23

PS2:
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw - $1.50
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2006 - $1.25
Katamari Damacy - $4.50

GameCube:
Super Smash Bros. Melee - $4.25

Xbox 360:

Mass Effect - $5
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2007 - $1.50
Wireless Controller - $12.75

Wii
Red Steel - $2.75

PSP
USB Cable - $1.50

I asked for the TIV of a 60 gb BC PS3 and was quoted $200. The TIV without the boost is $180. Geez, if they offered me $265 for it then I might have upgraded to the slim PS3. I'm located in Sunnyvale, CA.

[quote name='kk012']I asked for the TIV of a 60 gb BC PS3 and was quoted $200. The TIV without the boost is $180. Geez, if they offered me $265 for it then I might have upgraded to the slim PS3. I'm located in Sunnyvale, CA.[/QUOTE]

how were you planning getting that extra $65? I'm confused.

[quote name='confoosious']how were you planning getting that extra $65? I'm confused.[/QUOTE]

People were talking about $265 for PS3 trade-ins earlier or in the dedicated PS3 deal thread as a NYC-only deal. If I had it more locally I'd do it too.

Base TIV as of today:

:360: Tetris Evolution -- $8.00
:360: Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts -- $6.00

I also traded in what I'm pretty sure was a Wii copy of Bully, but my receipt is marked for the 360 version. It was a disc only copy I picked up at BBV, so I'm not 100% sure. Nonetheless, the quote is apparently for the 360 version -- $6.00.

A few new or changed:

360:
Spongebob: Truth or Square - $10.00 (6/26/10)

DS:
Spore Hero Arena - $3.75 (6/26/10)

PSP:
MLB 09: The Show - $5.25 (7/3/10)

Made some trades last night.

Fight Night Round 4 - PS3 - $6.00
Infamous - PS3 - $8.00

hope you traded in towards crackdown 2 or madden to get the bump to $20 each.
those are the 2 i was gonna use towards madden.

[quote name='phillycool345']Thank you! I called up when they opened when I saw this post and he confirmed it was worth $265 so I brought it in.

Edit: By the way I live in Queens in NYC.[/QUOTE]

I can triple confirm the $265 for the 60gb PS3 in NYC. A backwards compatible 80gb PS3 nets you $225 credit which isn't too terrible.

I'm a little more tempted now to get rid of my PS3.

Banjo Kazooie - 6.00
Fable 2 - 3.00
Viva Pinata - 3.00

PS2
Dual Hearts - .75
Mana Khemia - 2.75

27.06 total with Edge and the $10 bonus

[quote name='mitch079']360
Banjo Kazooie - 6.00
Fable 2 - 3.00
Viva Pinata - 3.00

PS2
Dual Hearts - .75
Mana Khemia - 2.75

27.06 total with Edge and the $10 bonus[/QUOTE]

dam u!!! ive been lookin for Dual Hearts forever...and you got 3 quarters for it! What a shame. :(

[quote name='lude21']dam u!!! ive been lookin for Dual Hearts forever...and you got 3 quarters for it! What a shame. :([/QUOTE]

It's 2.99 on the website. Thought it got lost in the mail so I ordered another copy off of Glyde for about $10. Kept that one since it was in excellent condition and this was just the generic case and game since it showed up eventually.

Hello everyone, hopefully someone can help me

I ordered some Wii games a few weeks ago. Some of them were perfect, but New Super Mario Bros Wii was in a black case. I didn't really care and I left it for a few weeks. Well now I wanted to trade it in to Amazon because I'm trading in other games and they give a pretty good value for it. I don't have the original case because of Gamestop.com and it's probably been like 3 weeks since I received it. What can I do to get the original case?

Buy another one from Gamestop, swap cases and return? Would that work?

Thanks for any help

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']Hello everyone, hopefully someone can help me

I ordered some Wii games a few weeks ago. Some of them were perfect, but New Super Mario Bros Wii was in a black case. I didn't really care and I left it for a few weeks. Well now I wanted to trade it in to Amazon because I'm trading in other games and they give a pretty good value for it. I don't have the original case because of Gamestop.com and it's probably been like 3 weeks since I received it. What can I do to get the original case?

Buy another one from Gamestop, swap cases and return? Would that work?

Thanks for any help[/QUOTE]
You have 30 days to return according to the packing label. Definitely bring that with you to the store. Explain to them that you like the original case. I've had no problems doing this at my local store. If they give you a problem, I'd definitely do a purchase/swap/return.

On a side note, I cannot believe the 60 gets 265!!! Makes me consider trading mine in now... is it worth the trade in? I don't use the BC anymore, but I like the touch sensitive buttons... which I only use to eject the disc every now and then.

Trades today:

Heavy Rain: 17$
Blur Xbox 360, 20$ (used 5$ coupon to get to 25$)

was going to do the 3 games for 10$ bonus. but...

Gears of War 2 is now $1.00

So it wasn't eligble. didnt get the prices of the others i took.

7/3 (saturday)

DS:
Mario Hoops 3on3: 8.75
Brain Age 2: 4.25
Mystery Case Files Millionheir: 4.25

PSP:
Star Wars Battlefront Renegade: 2.25

360:
Assassin's Creed: 2.50
Lost Planet: 1.50
Saints Row: 2.50

PS3: