GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
I just traded in an xbox, controller, and cables by itself towards the slim and got 100. The worker was pretty cool and he even told me that I'll still get another $100 for trading my other xbox! :D I have three HDD to go along with it so I think I'm covered already :)

I traded in 2 copies of Dirt 2:ps3: today. It gets $9.25 base but qualifies for the one promo that bumps the tiv to $25.

I also had them check Motorstorm: Pacific Rift:ps3: and it too gets $9.25 for base value.

While I was in there trading in the two games there were two kids trying to trade in a stack of PS2 games(mostly sports crap) and they had the GTA Collector's Edition(sans box) for PS1 in the bag as well.

One of them went to get their ID from their car, but apparently it wasn't valid or something.

I was going to offer them $3-4 for the collection, but I wasn't sure if the employees would try kicking me outta the store for making the offer there. By the time my transaction was done they had disappeared.

The $25 is a promo. The CAG database only allows base values in place. The TIV submissions are monitored for non-base submissions and those get taken out. You will get the $25 as long as they don't remove it from eligible list.

[quote name='jp0213']The $25 is a promo. The CAG database only allows base values in place. The TIV submissions are monitored for non-base submissions and those get taken out. You will get the $25 as long as they don't remove it from eligible list.[/QUOTE]
And unfortunately, they've already either removed a few(I think Tiger Woods is ineligible now)or raised the price on them so that the flipping potential is down to nil.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']And unfortunately, they've already either removed a few(I think Tiger Woods is ineligible now)or raised the price on them so that the flipping potential is down to nil.:cry:[/QUOTE]
People use GameStop and this thread to flip items?! Oh dear god no. This thread is EVIL!!!! Kidding of course, we haven't had one of those posts in a REALLY long time though. Had to just make sure it was done at some point.

[quote name='cnotes86']How does the price override and hardware bonus work? Is that YMMV or standard across all Gamestops? Getting $53 for 20 gb hard drives is insane...[/QUOTE]

It's completely YMMV. If you read the hardware bonus fine print is says "not valid with any other offer". Luckily, most GS employees aren't very good readers.

[quote name='sasuke543']I know it isn't worth that much, but when trading in the ethernet cables does it have to be the official one? I have a billion of them at home...[/QUOTE]

Do you have to trade-in the 360's ethernet cable when you're trading in your console? OP says it's just the console, power brick, AV cable, controller. Everything else (e.g., headset) is extra, I think?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']And unfortunately, they've already either removed a few(I think Tiger Woods is ineligible now)or raised the price on them so that the flipping potential is down to nil.:cry:[/QUOTE]

I actually just traded in tiger woods and the guy gave me $25 since it was on the list. He had to adjust the current trade in of $6.

I too put a deposit down on a new one today. The honored the boosted trade in values with a little bit of a fight. They kept trying to low-ball me on the trade in peripherals but I eventually got the 100 system trade in, $30 20GB HD, and 256MB mem card netted me $144 in trade. I had a wireless G adapter too but had to hold onto that until the new unit arrives in a few weeks. At that time I'll trade that in or ebay it and put it towards the slim. Sincerest thanks to the poster as going in armed with the information and trade in values allowed me to on several occasions correct the gamestop employee.

[quote name='sasuke543']I know it isn't worth that much, but when trading in the ethernet cables does it have to be the official one? I have a billion of them at home...[/QUOTE]

No but it's YMMV on how many they will take.

[quote name='rp71284']For the $25 hardware bonus, does that require the headset & hard drive? Because if not, I'll just attach it onto my 360 Slim bonus, adding $125 total.[/QUOTE]

No. You get extra for the headset and hard drive (totals vary for hard drive...$31 for 20GB, but some are reporting higher).

I split open the shelling on my 360's A/V cables so I could use the HDMI cables to TV and the optical to the A/V receiver. Will they refuse the package if that's the case (missing the shell entirely)?

Base TIV as of today

iconxbox360.gif

Assassin's Creed - 2.5
Kingdom Under Fire - 3
Mercenaries 2 - 3
Mirror's Edge - 4
Prince of Persia - 3
Star Wars Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith - 14
Stranglehold - 1.5

iconpsp_r2.gif

God of War Chains of Olympus - 4.5
Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories - 6
Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories - 5.25
Need for Speed: Most Wanted - 3.75

iconwii.gif

Trauma Center Second Opinion - 3.25

06/20/2010

:360:

Space Chimps $1.50
Bakugan $7.00
Ninety Nine Nights $2.00

:ps3:

Fracture $2.75
Tiger Woods 08 $3.50
End War $2.75

:psp:

Burnout Legends $3.75
Twisted Metal $2.75
Socom US Navy Seals Fireteam Bravo $4.00

:wii:

Mario Galaxy $13.50

I saw a guy in front of me today trade in Demon Souls for PS3 and get about $15...I could see them bumping off Tiger Woods but Demon Souls they got jacked up to $45 in store *Weirdness*

There's no way Gamestop can flip these traded-in 360s for a profit, right? It's not like buying a game from a customer for $12 and turning around to sell it for $35. I don't see anyone wanting my first generation 360 without HDMI for even the same price Gamestop gave me for it.

[quote name='luxarific']Do you have to trade-in the 360's ethernet cable when you're trading in your console? OP says it's just the console, power brick, AV cable, controller. Everything else (e.g., headset) is extra, I think?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, everything else is extra. Might as well get $5 for the headset since you'll be getting a headset back.

[quote name='cnotes86']How does the price override and hardware bonus work? Is that YMMV or standard across all Gamestops? Getting $53 for 20 gb hard drives is insane...[/QUOTE]

YMMV - the guy who rang me up had to do a price overide on all my accessories because the promo wasn't showing on his computer when he rang them up - apparently the HD bonus kicked in on top of the price overide - same with the $25 hardware bonus on top of the $100 promo price for the console + controller trade in

I checked the FAQs and the price list and didn't see this. Do they buy faceplates? I have a couple extra blacks from elite refurbishing, and a custom sports from Madcatz.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']There's no way Gamestop can flip these traded-in 360s for a profit, right? It's not like buying a game from a customer for $12 and turning around to sell it for $35. I don't see anyone wanting my first generation 360 without HDMI for even the same price Gamestop gave me for it.[/QUOTE]

I agree, and that's exactly why I decided to trade in my first generation 360 — I don't think I would get more money for my 360 any other way or at any other time.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I saw a guy in front of me today trade in Demon Souls for PS3 and get about $15...I could see them bumping off Tiger Woods but Demon Souls they got jacked up to $45 in store *Weirdness*[/QUOTE]

I traded in both Demon souls and Tiger (several times today on tiger) and both got the 25 promo.

PS3 MLB 2k10 - 11.50 /26.15 with promo and edge
Wii Tiger Woods 2010 - 6.00 /25.60 with promo and edge
PS3 Alpha Protocol - 20.00 /27.00 with promo and edge
PS3 Dirt 2 - 9.25 /25.92
PS3 Demon's Souls - 12.50 / 26.25

My guess is that the people who saw low TIVs for Demon's souls and Tiger witnessed people trading in multiple games which may have caused them to get the 3/$10 trade bonus on the group of games rather than the $25 values on individual games that qualified for the promo.

[quote name='Razzuel']I agree, and that's exactly why I decided to trade in my first generation 360 — I don't think I would get more money for my 360 any other way or at any other time.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. If anyone has a first gen and have a little bit of cash, this is an absolute no brainer. Especialy if you have extra controllers/accessories, HD and an adapter to throw in. If out of warranty, you'll be paying the difference to get it fixed in a few months anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']Ditto. If anyone has a first gen and have a little bit of cash, this is an absolute no brainer. Especialy if you have extra controllers/accessories, HD and an adapter to throw in.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. All my local ones are sold out but I put $50 down at one of them to reserve me one. They should be getting more this week. $100 for my old system, $30 for my hard drive, and a surprising $31.25 for my old school Xbox wireless adapter that also worked with my 360. I was surprised at how much it was worth, assuming that they looked up what I was trying to describe. Still way better now to get $130 for my old system than to wait for it to inevitably die again with my warranty up in weeks and have it worth way less.

6/20 TIVs

Borderlands Add-On Pack (360) - $5
World Series of Poker 2008 (360) - $4
SEGA Rally Revo (360) - $2.50
Call of Juarez (360) - $5
Dark Sector (360) - $1.50
Phantasy Star Universe (360) - $5
Viking: Battle for Asgard (360) - $2
Let's Tap (Wii) - $2.75
Glory of Heracles (DS) - $2.75
Meteos (DS) - $1

[quote name='bgame2']I traded in both Demon souls and Tiger (several times today on tiger) and both got the 25 promo.

PS3 MLB 2k10 - 11.50 /26.15 with promo and edge
Wii Tiger Woods 2010 - 6.00 /25.60 with promo and edge
PS3 Alpha Protocol - 20.00 /27.00 with promo and edge
PS3 Dirt 2 - 9.25 /25.92
PS3 Demon's Souls - 12.50 / 26.25

My guess is that the people who saw low TIVs for Demon's souls and Tiger witnessed people trading in multiple games which may have caused them to get the 3/$10 trade bonus on the group of games rather than the $25 values on individual games that qualified for the promo.[/QUOTE]

The guy I saw just traded in one game, Demon's souls! Though it could have been a computer glitch combined with everyone involved being asleep on the promotion. I didn't want to make waves with a cash in face offer when I needed to be making my own trades, ya? :)

[quote name='spree4567']Definitely. All my local ones are sold out but I put $50 down at one of them to reserve me one. They should be getting more this week. $100 for my old system, $30 for my hard drive, and a surprising $31.25 for my old school Xbox wireless adapter that also worked with my 360. I was surprised at how much it was worth, assuming that they looked up what I was trying to describe. Still way better now to get $130 for my old system than to wait for it to inevitably die again with my warranty up in weeks and have it worth way less.[/QUOTE]

Wow, $30 for an Xbox 1 wireless? I'm shocked at the prices they're giving for those completely useless 360 memory cards ($10, $14 and $18).

I can confirm for sure that the TIV for the DS Lite system is still $35 base, $60 with bonus- NOT the $55 base, $80 with bonus that was mentioned earlier today. I traded in today (same as on Friday) and the $35/$60 is what I got. The person at the GS that gave the $55/$80 clearly made a mistake and put it into the system as another type of DS..

Traded in a lot of games today, these are without the $10 bonuses ans edge card bonuses

Xbox 360

Def Jam Icon: $3
Unreal Tournament 3: $2.50
Resident Evil 5: $3.00
Battlefield Bad Company: $4.00
Mercenaries 2: $3.00
Condemned 2: $2.50
Frontlines fuel of war: $2.00
Simpsons the game: $6.00
Madden NFL 2010: $4.00
Bomberman Act Zero: $1.00
Crackdown: $2.50
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising: $9.00
Blitz, the League: $2.50
Borderlands: $11.00
Pocketbike Racer: $.25
PS3

Killzone 2: $5.50
Modern Warfare 2: $19.75
MAG: $13.75

[quote name='hershizzle']Traded in a lot of games today, these are without the $10 bonuses ans edge card bonuses

Xbox 360

Def Jam Icon: $3
Unreal Tournament 3: $2.50
Resident Evil 5: $3.00
Battlefield Bad Company: $4.00
Mercenaries 2: $3.00
Condemned 2: $2.50
Frontlines fuel of war: $2.00
Simpsons the game: $6.00
Madden NFL 2010: $4.00
Bomberman Act Zero: $1.00
Crackdown: $2.50
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising: $9.00
Blitz, the League: $2.50
Borderlands: $11.00
Pocketbike Racer: $.25
PS3

Killzone 2: $5.50
Modern Warfare 2: $19.75
MAG: $13.75[/QUOTE]

Isn't MW2 supposed to be on the $25 guaranteed list?

[quote name='kylerg']Again, anyone know if you trade in 360s on different days that will get 100 each?[/QUOTE]
Again, no.

Unless you have some very, very cool manager at a Gamestop, that knows you and likes you, they won't give you $100 credit for both.

The $100 credit only occurs when it is directly used toward purchasing the new system, so trading multiple systems on different days ensures you won't get the $100 for at least one of them.

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']Again, no.

Unless you have some very, very cool manager at a Gamestop, that knows you and likes you, they won't give you $100 credit for both.

The $100 credit only occurs when it is directly used toward purchasing the new system, so trading multiple systems on different days ensures you won't get the $100 for at least one of them.[/QUOTE]

Was just curious. Because I was thinking about trading in one for the reservation, and then coming back later to trade in the other towards the slim.

Would the system automatically bump it up? Or would they see on the screen that I already traded one in.

Basically first is for a reservation, and the second would be towards the balance.

Definite YMMV. By policy, you are NOT supposed to get the extra $25, only the $100 promotion.

"Not valid with any other promotion" is the line to look out for.

kylerg: Eh... I don't know, actually. A clever idea, really. Who knows? Try.

Taking with a grain of salt but the guy at my gamestop said if you reserve the slim DURING the promo dates and don't get it until after the promo ends, they'll still honor the promo trade in prices since you technically pre-ordered during the promo.

I can see that as being a guy just talking but if it is store policy then no worries

[quote name='mrniceguy8']is the $25 bonus to hardware offer a ymmv thing when i trade in my xbox for a slim, or should i expect it?[/quote]
ymmv.

[quote name='CombatCraig']Taking with a grain of salt but the guy at my gamestop said if you reserve the slim DURING the promo dates and don't get it until after the promo ends, they'll still honor the promo trade in prices since you technically pre-ordered during the promo.

I can see that as being a guy just talking but if it is store policy then no worries[/QUOTE]

I was told the same thing here in Illinois. It still may still be two different guys spreading the same misinformation but it still makes me feel better knowing it's been said elsewhere.

Anyone got a link that shows that you can get up to a week to trade your hard drive after buying the slim? I traded mine Friday and mentioned it to the guy working and he wasn't aware of being able to do this so I thought I would take something with me to show him if he still didn't know about it when I go back this week.

EDIT: Nevermind.. just saw it in the fine print off the ad from their website.

[quote name='CombatCraig']Taking with a grain of salt but the guy at my gamestop said if you reserve the slim DURING the promo dates and don't get it until after the promo ends, they'll still honor the promo trade in prices since you technically pre-ordered during the promo.

I can see that as being a guy just talking but if it is store policy then no worries[/QUOTE]

I heard the same thing yesterday, but I didn't believe him.

DS (all 6/20/10)
Mario Kart DS - 17
NSMB - 17
Mario Party DS - 15

Mass Effect - 5 (6/19/10)

DS Lite System - $35(6/20)

the problem with this is that the Gamestop computers handle promotions. I doubt the computer will handle a situation like that well.

I'm also doubtful the current TIVs will last until the end of this promo. I certainly hope they do

[quote name='Denbo32']DS (all 6/20/10)
Mario Kart DS - 17
NSMB - 17
Mario Party DS - 15

Mass Effect - 5 (6/19/10)

DS Lite System - $35(6/20)[/QUOTE]

You actually traded in you DS Lite for $35? That is insaaaaane!

[quote name='Japakneez']the problem with this is that the Gamestop computers handle promotions. I doubt the computer will handle a situation like that well.

I'm also doubtful the current TIVs will last until the end of this promo. I certainly hope they do[/QUOTE]

The trade in values for the 360 and accessories are the promotion so I would certainly hope they last throughout the promotion.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']You actually traded in you DS Lite for $35? That is insaaaaane![/QUOTE]

That's base. I'm sure they got the $25 bonus.

Base TiV from the weekend:

Call of Duty 2 $2.50
Lost Via Domus $2.50

DS
Scribblenauts $10.25
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time $3.00
Smart Girls Playhouse 2 $7.00

Wii
Excitebots $3.50

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done