GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know how much of this hasn't been recently updated, but I figured I should do what little I can to help the community, lol

Games
SOCOM US Navy Seals: Fireteam Bravo (PSP) - $2.25
Lumines (PSP) - $1.50
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2006 (PSP) - $3.50

Call of Duty 3 (Wii) - $6.50

Warhawk (Game-only) (PS3) - $2.75

Infinite Undiscovery (2-Disc) (Xbox 360) - $5.00

Accessories
Play & Charge Kit (Xbox 360) - $5.75
Wired Headset (Xbox 360) - $5.00
Xbox Live Vision (Xbox 360) - $4.50
AC Power Adapter/power cord (Xbox 360) - $9.25
Component Cable (Xbox 360) - $4.50

USB Cable (PSP) - $1.50
Memory Stick Duo 1.0 GB (PSP) - $2.00

[quote name='Time Paradox']Don't know how much of this hasn't been recently updated, but I figured I should do what little I can to help the community, lol

Games
SOCOM US Navy Seals: Fireteam Bravo (PSP) - $2.25
Lumines (PSP) - $1.50
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2006 (PSP) - $3.50

Call of Duty 3 (Wii) - $6.50

Warhawk (Game-only) (PS3) - $2.75

Infinite Undiscovery (2-Disc) (Xbox 360) - $5.00

Accessories
Play & Charge Kit (Xbox 360) - $5.75
Wired Headset (Xbox 360) - $5.00
Xbox Live Vision (Xbox 360) - $4.50
AC Power Adapter/power cord (Xbox 360) - $9.25
Component Cable (Xbox 360) - $4.50

USB Cable (PSP) - $1.50
Memory Stick Duo 1.0 GB (PSP) - $2.00[/QUOTE]

Were your accessories tied in any way to the Slim promo? I'm only asking because a lot of those prices are the "promo" prices. Would be great if I can dump some headsets in one trip, and dumb the rest later. I don't want Gamestop making a fuss over me having 8 headsets.

[quote name='rp71284']Were your accessories tied in any way to the Slim promo? I'm only asking because a lot of those prices are the "promo" prices. Would be great if I can dump some headsets in one trip, and dumb the rest later. I don't want Gamestop making a fuss over me having 8 headsets.[/QUOTE]

No, I wasn't aware that any of those things were part of the promo, actually. I was trading in that stuff along with a 360, controllers, etc. but when they weren't able to do the 'preorder' for a slim today (something about that part of the system being down across all the stores) I just traded in everything I had that wasn't on the list here http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/xb360250trade/default.aspx

Those prices shouldn't have anything to do with the 360 Slim offer expressly.

[quote name='Time Paradox']No, I wasn't aware that any of those things were part of the promo, actually. I was trading in that stuff along with a 360, controllers, etc. but when they weren't able to do the 'preorder' for a slim today (something about that part of the system being down across all the stores) I just traded in everything I had that wasn't on the list here http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/xb360250trade/default.aspx

Those prices shouldn't have anything to do with the 360 Slim offer expressly.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I was paranoid about different prices for those, but I guess unless its on the actual flyer, it doesn't have a special "promo" price. Great news for somebody dumping excess cables/batteries/headsets/etc.

[quote name='rp71284']Were your accessories tied in any way to the Slim promo? I'm only asking because a lot of those prices are the "promo" prices. Would be great if I can dump some headsets in one trip, and dumb the rest later. I don't want Gamestop making a fuss over me having 8 headsets.[/QUOTE]

Good luck with any more than 3 headsets... And the only accessories tied to the slim promo are the ones listed on the flyer or their website.

[quote name='kataztrophik']Who knew you could be banned for buying TOO much? LOL[/QUOTE]

I've been banned a couple times for buying too much online. 1st time it was for buying $1000+ in one month, all with credit. After a month or so, I was able to place orders again but was banned again after $300 of orders within a week. I was told by CS there is a 90 day $1000 purchase limit. This can't be true because my first ban was within the 90 days. It seems like it is actually 60 days/$1000. I think this because as old purchases become more than 60 days old I am allowed to place new orders in the same dollar amounts that just past 60 days. I think they lowered the limit because the first ban came at the end of 3 months with $2700 of purchases.

I've also had multiple orders cancelled. I have bought as many as 15 of the same title before, ME2, Sacred 2, AC2 etc.. atleast 10 copies each with no issues. I tried to order 6 copies of something recently and the were cancelled. When I called they said because the order was suspicious. lol

[quote name='MSUHitman']No it has to be the composite/component cables as not all 360's and not all TV's have HDMI ports.[/QUOTE]

Hey to let you guys know, I called a few gamestops asking if I could just take out the av cables in the slim I get during my trade in of the 360 and they said they would be cool with that.

So if you're like me and don't want to give up your component cables, give your local GS a all and see if they are cool with the switcharoo.

[quote name='sonicemerald']I have a question about gamestop.com.

I preordered Transformers in April using the 25% OFF code with my edge card ($44.99). June 22nd rolls around, and I have $40 on the card, and I get a shipping notification. I thought that was weird, then the next day the game is in my mailbox. I chose ground shipping.... Did they give me free 1 day shipping? (I remember that one code they had recently... but I didn't think it applied to existing preorders...)

Do they charge you the full amount when you preorder now? or did I get a free game? (They canceled my Peace Walker Limited Edition the day they took it off the site... I thought it was because I didn't have enough $ on my card...)

It feels like a free game, so yay! :D[/QUOTE]

Might wanna check your credit card. If they have it on file and you used it for part of the order or as back up they could have charged the card if you didn't have enough credit on the edge. I don't think they are sending anyone free games just for the heck of it. (would be nice though)

[quote name='Toss']I've been banned a couple times for buying too much online. 1st time it was for buying $1000+ in one month, all with credit. After a month or so, I was able to place orders again but was banned again after $300 of orders within a week. I was told by CS there is a 90 day $1000 purchase limit. This can't be true because my first ban was within the 90 days. It seems like it is actually 60 days/$1000. I think this because as old purchases become more than 60 days old I am allowed to place new orders in the same dollar amounts that just past 60 days. I think they lowered the limit because the first ban came at the end of 3 months with $2700 of purchases.

I've also had multiple orders cancelled. I have bought as many as 15 of the same title before, ME2, Sacred 2, AC2 etc.. atleast 10 copies each with no issues. I tried to order 6 copies of something recently and the were cancelled. When I called they said because the order was suspicious. lol[/QUOTE]

After contacting Gamestop's customer service...

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.
We appreciate your time. We see that you are placing many orders in a short period of time. You will need to wait 90 days prior to placing orders on GameStop.com so that your orders will have the best possibility of going through. At this time your orders will cancel based on your order history.
Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.
Best regards,
Hilary
Customer Service Agent

[quote name='kylerg']Their website keeps saying all the Gamestop around me have them in, but all say they don't over phone.[/QUOTE]

It's probably true. I called on Saturday or Sunday to stores that supposedly had them. All of them said they sold out on Friday within a few hours.

[quote name='kylerg']Their website keeps saying all the Gamestop around me have them in, but all say they don't over phone.[/QUOTE]

The thing is they probably DO have them, but cannot sell them because they are pre-ordered and they are following the list. I called about mine this morning and since you had to put $50 down they will hold it for you and since they restocked a small amount in the past couple days those are likely in the system as "in stock" due to people not having been able to come by to pick them up. They probably just say they don't have them to avoid the long explanation with the same result (my local store did explain it).

I'm kind of glad it is done this way, I can't drop everything at work and run home to grab my trade in, then back to the store as soon as they call. That's why they require $50 to reserve.

Can I just pre-order or reserve the console?
Yes. This came in from a GameStop employee. "gs is taking preorders. $50 deposit. they have a coupon code they can scan so you get bonus tiv on the preorder. wont apply automatically (for now) the store has to be on the ball and manually doing it. they are saying july 7th at definite re-stock date. i know of tons of stores getting restocked next week though."

Thanks to OP and the GS employee for this FAQ, exactly what I needed to know.

Traded (base value):

Samba De Amigo (Wii): $2.00
Boom Blox (Wii): $8.00
SSX Blur (Wii): $2.25
Ghost Squad (Wii): $5.25
Project Sylpheed (360): $1.50
Niety Nine Nights (360): $2.00
Dragon Age Origins: Awakening (PS3): $13.25
Patapon (PSP): $2.25
Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon (PSP): $2.25
Monster Hunter Freedom (PSP): $2.50
Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP): $3.50
LocoRoco (PSP): $2.75
LocoRoco 2 (PSP): $3.00
Peggle: Dual Shot (DS): $4.50
Personal Trainer: Walking (DS): $5.00
Wii Racing Wheel: $2.50
Wii Zapper: $5.75

I have a launch 360 that I use as my primary console. I have a new arcade unit that sits in the box. I need to transfer the license from my primary to the arcade unit, but don't want to do this unless I know for certain that Gamestop can take my launch 360. That being said, when I do the license transfer, is there anything I have to do besides putting my old serial number in the tool and migrating it over to the new box? If not, can I go trade the system in, come home and do the migration, then put my old hdd on my new arcade unit?

base TIVs from today

Dirt 2 (Xbox 360)- $7 (drop from OP)
New Super Mario Bros (Wii)- $25

total after $25 promo and edge was $53.20

[quote name='deadandbrok3n']Even though we don't know the price or date yet of the Nintendo 3DS are we able to Pre-Order it at Gamestop now ?[/QUOTE]

already asked and answered...search is your friend ...

calling a gs is even better...

date - next year/spring
preorder - no

Just checked my e-mail, and I have an "Exclusive trade Bonus" coupon. It's just for $5 bonus on select titles. Expires 07/04/10. I don't know if I can post the image here..

[quote name='elessar123']It's probably true. I called on Saturday or Sunday to stores that supposedly had them. All of them said they sold out on Friday within a few hours.[/QUOTE]

many stores DO have them in stock, they are being held for reserve customers. my local store said they have 3, all waiting for the reserves to come get them. I was told after 2 days they move on to next on the list if they have not come to get them.

well no one answered my question previously about it, but my gamespot shows as having the in, and I DO have one preordered, and am no.2 in line, and I havent received a call yet. I might call them but I already did yesterday (to find out what place in line i was) so I was hesitant to do it again.

[quote name='kataztrophik']After contacting Gamestop's customer service...[/QUOTE]
That sucks! I haven't placed an order in a couple weeks, I may be in the same boat...hope not though.

[quote name='gokou1628']a quick question, what's the base value of a DSlite? wanted to trade in for a dsi...[/QUOTE]

???2003??? read the first part of the thread...
or call and post it here...

[quote name='donut']already asked and answered...search is your friend ...

calling a gs is even better...

date - next year/spring
preorder - no[/QUOTE]

Will Gamestop let us know when we can Pre-Order or should we just wait for a release date then go up there.

BTW , every country gets it before March 31st 2011. People are expecting North America to get theirs in December.

base tiv's from today (6/24):

ds kirby canvas curse $5.00
ds touchmaster $5.00
ds my sims $3.25
ds sims 2 castaway $4.00
ds sims 2 $5.75
ds cooking mama $8.25
ds chessmaster $4.00
ps3 guitar hero smash hits $8.00
xbox 360 karaoke revolution american idol 2 $4.00
xbox 360 wired microphone $3.50

[quote name='donut']???2003??? read the first part of the thread...
or call and post it here...[/QUOTE]

2003 what?
If I wanted to call, I would've done it and not ask on here, don't have to be rude about it...
and I did read the first part of the thread, nothing about old school DSlite...
if you don't know, just ignore my post...

[quote name='gokou1628']2003 what?
If I wanted to call, I would've done it and not ask on here, don't have to be rude about it...
and I did read the first part of the thread, nothing about old school DSlite...
if you don't know, just ignore my post...[/QUOTE]

He's saying that you've been here since 2003 and you still don't know that the answer is in the OP?

"Lite Model - $35 (6/20/10)"

[quote name='mtxbass1']I have a launch 360 that I use as my primary console. I have a new arcade unit that sits in the box. I need to transfer the license from my primary to the arcade unit, but don't want to do this unless I know for certain that Gamestop can take my launch 360. That being said, when I do the license transfer, is there anything I have to do besides putting my old serial number in the tool and migrating it over to the new box? If not, can I go trade the system in, come home and do the migration, then put my old hdd on my new arcade unit?[/QUOTE]

You can just log onto xbox.com and do the license transfer there then redownload your stuff. The stupid site page for downloading your stuff doesn't appear though so you have to download it manually. You can trade the old one in before you get a new one. All you need is the new one to do the transfer. And you can have the HDD on before you do it, you don't have to put it on after. This is all assuming you're keeping your HDD.

Stupid question guys but i have to do a liscense transfer before i can redownload all my old xbla games from to my new slim, i thought they were all connected to the gamertag and you only had to do is redownload them.I think i might be screwed because i already traded in my old 20 gb hard drive.

[quote name='confoosious']He's saying that you've been here since 2003 and you still don't know that the answer is in the OP?

"Lite Model - $35 (6/20/10)"[/QUOTE]

Thanks for answering, confoosious...

see, Donut, that wasn't that hard to answer just because I missed the info, that has nothing to do with me being here since 2003...

here's that +$% promo coupon, don't know if it can be reprinted here tho
featureimg_062410.jpg

PlatformTitle Current Value
clear.gif

360Lost Planet 225.00360Red Dead Redemption25.00
360Skate 325.00360Blur22.00360UFC Undisputed 2010 22.00
360Alan Wake20.00360Split Second20.003602010 FIFA World Cup South Africa20.00
360Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands20.00360Splinter Cell: Conviction20.00360Super Street Fighter IV18.00
clear.gif

PSPModNation Racers12.50PSP2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa12.00
clear.gif

DSPicross 3D6.00
clear.gif
PS3Red Dead Redemption25.00PS3Lost Planet 224.00PS3Skate 324.00PS3UFC Undisputed 201022.50PS3ModNation Racers22.00
PS3Blur21.00PS3Super Street Fighter IV20.00PS32010 FIFA World Cup South Africa19.75PS3Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands18.50PS3Split Second16.25
PS3Grand Theft Auto: Episodes of Liberty City 14.75PS33D Dot Game Heroes13.50
clear.gif

WiiSuper Mario Galaxy 224.00WiiMonster Hunter tri (gameonly)22.00Wii2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa16.00

oh my god, sorry that looks so bad. it's late and i dont want to clean it up i just copy n pasted, but you get the deal...

[quote name='Velo214']here's that +$% promo coupon, don't know if it can be reprinted here tho
featureimg_062410.jpg

PlatformTitle Current Value
clear.gif

360Lost Planet 225.00360Red Dead Redemption25.00
360Skate 325.00360Blur22.00360UFC Undisputed 2010 22.00
360Alan Wake20.00360Split Second20.003602010 FIFA World Cup South Africa20.00
360Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands20.00360Splinter Cell: Conviction20.00360Super Street Fighter IV18.00
clear.gif

PSPModNation Racers12.50PSP2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa12.00
clear.gif

DSPicross 3D6.00
clear.gif
PS3Red Dead Redemption25.00PS3Lost Planet 224.00PS3Skate 324.00PS3UFC Undisputed 201022.50PS3ModNation Racers22.00
PS3Blur21.00PS3Super Street Fighter IV20.00PS32010 FIFA World Cup South Africa19.75PS3Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands18.50PS3Split Second16.25
PS3Grand Theft Auto: Episodes of Liberty City 14.75PS33D Dot Game Heroes13.50
clear.gif

WiiSuper Mario Galaxy 224.00WiiMonster Hunter tri (gameonly)22.00Wii2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa16.00

oh my god, sorry that looks so bad. it's late and i dont want to clean it up i just copy n pasted, but you get the deal...
[/QUOTE]

Probably YMMV on that because at the bottom it says "YOU MUST PRINT THIS ENTIRE EMAIL AND BRING IT TO THE STORE WITH YOUR TRADE(S)."

Also this is kinda late but from 6/24/10

Base Values:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)$16.50
Mario Party 8 (Wii) $15.75
Forza 3 (Xbox360) $12.00

All 3 qualified for the $25 promo.

[quote name='Jay']Stupid question guys but i have to do a liscense transfer before i can redownload all my old xbla games from to my new slim, i thought they were all connected to the gamertag and you only had to do is redownload them.I think i might be screwed because i already traded in my old 20 gb hard drive.[/QUOTE]

Last time I did it, a few years back, I didn't need the other console at all really.

And although they are tied to your gamertag, if you don't transfer licenses you have to be connected to Xbox Live to use the content, otherwise it shows up as demos/not downloaded.

[quote name='gokou1628']Thanks for answering, confoosious...

see, Donut, that wasn't that hard to answer just because I missed the info, that has nothing to do with me being here since 2003...[/QUOTE]

I see that you are lazy and waited 4 hours for someone to copy and paste from the first part of this established thread a now 5 day old answer to your lazy question.

[quote name='donut']I see that you are lazy and waited 4 hours for someone to copy and paste from the first part of this established thread a now 5 day old answer to your lazy question.[/QUOTE]

In case you can't read my last reply, I did admit "I missed the info"; I wasn't lazy...

waited 4 hours? I have better things to do than sitting in a forum waiting for replies

send me PMs if you want to attack me personally, don't reply in this thread anymore on this subject.

back to GS TIVs...

So the $25 guarantee is going away? Looks like I need to trade in Demon's Souls since the TIV everywhere is about the same and I'm pretty much done with it... I just hope they make a sequel and improve on it.

[quote name='dragon2288']Probably YMMV on that because at the bottom it says "YOU MUST PRINT THIS ENTIRE EMAIL AND BRING IT TO THE STORE WITH YOUR TRADE(S)."

Also this is kinda late but from 6/24/10

Base Values:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)$16.50
Mario Party 8 (Wii) $15.75
Forza 3 (Xbox360) $12.00

All 3 qualified for the $25 promo.
[/QUOTE]
I used this yesterday afternoon when trading in a copy of Blur and the GS manager just ripped the coupon off and I kept the rest of the email with my email address info. YMMV but I'd guess they'd be happy to just take your game and not question you further.
$29.20 for a $10 copy of Blur? Not bad.:DMight pay for a copy of Sniper: Ghost Warrior...

[quote name='J7.']You can just log onto xbox.com and do the license transfer there then redownload your stuff. The stupid site page for downloading your stuff doesn't appear though so you have to download it manually. You can trade the old one in before you get a new one. All you need is the new one to do the transfer. And you can have the HDD on before you do it, you don't have to put it on after. This is all assuming you're keeping your HDD.[/QUOTE]

Thanks J7.

Wonder if I can take my hard drive to another store with my receipt for purchasing the slim and get the $40 credit. There is a store more convenient but I had to go to another one to get the slim because they didn't have any in stock.

From yesterday, base value: (All for Xbox 360)
Soul Calibur IV - $5
Dead or Alive 4 - $3
Call of Duty 4 - $2.50
Burnout Paradise - $5
Orange Box - $5
Virtua Fighter 5 - $2
Tomb Raider Underworld - $2
Guitar Hero 5 - $7
Facebreaker - $1.50
The Saboteur - $5
Guitar Hero Smash Hits - $7
Fight Night Round 4 - $8

I'm thinking I am going to do a trade up to the new Xbox even though I've got a Jasper. I was playing last night and the noise of the thing is annoying, even though quieter then previous models. I'm just going to copy our gamertags, saves and Rock Band songs (I've only got 5 or 6 of them) to a flash drive, and just trade the HDD in at the time of the upgrade, rather trading it in later. Then I just do a license transfer and re-download all my XBLA/Indie titles. That will do the trick, right? Anything I'm missing?

[quote name='crunchewy']I'm thinking I am going to do a trade up to the new Xbox even though I've got a Jasper. I was playing last night and the noise of the thing is annoying, even though quieter then previous models. I'm just going to copy our gamertags, saves and Rock Band songs (I've only got 5 or 6 of them) to a flash drive, and just trade the HDD in at the time of the upgrade, rather trading it in later. Then I just do a license transfer and re-download all my XBLA/Indie titles. That will do the trick, right? Anything I'm missing?[/QUOTE]

That'll work fine. That's exactly what I did when I got my new one last week.

[quote name='crunchewy']It better work, because god help me if I have to do Inferno 2 all over again in Trials HD. :)[/QUOTE]

Just pick "move" and not "copy" when transferring to your thumb drive. Some things don't like to copy, but all should move fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back