GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if this has been answered before and I tried to research my question but no luck. I have a 500 gig external HD. I do have other things on it. After I plug in my HD to the 360 and to asks if I want to format it for use, is that going to delete what I already have on my external HD? My understanding was that it would only use 16 gigs at a time for the copied data.

I was about to try it out, but didn't want to take a chance and lose my mp3 collection. Thanks for the help!

I did post the whole email. That picture is the only picture in the email, the rest is just text i copied and pasted also.
Sales Associate Instructions: Once all titles have been entered in the transaction for trade scan above barcode
or enter coupon code EBC3013089. Retain coupon after use.

Does anyone know if GS employees can "override" promos? I'm asking because I really want to get rid of my 3 Guitar Hero games (all priced at $0.50 each), and I want the extra $10 credit for trading 3 games, but that excludes any game lower than $1.00

well, the employees at my local one are pretty cool cause i come in there a lot, and they give me freebies sometimes, etc. Just wondering if it's possible for them to hook me up..really wanting some more credit to add on to my $48.50 I have going towards Sniper:GW or Green Day RB

[quote name='Vader582']I used this yesterday afternoon when trading in a copy of Blur and the GS manager just ripped the coupon off and I kept the rest of the email with my email address info. YMMV but I'd guess they'd be happy to just take your game and not question you further.
$29.20 for a $10 copy of Blur? Not bad.:DMight pay for a copy of Sniper: Ghost Warrior...[/QUOTE]

where did you get 29.20 from?

21 +5 + 10% = 28.10

wheres the 1.10 extra?

[quote name='nixmahn']where did you get 29.20 from?

21 +5 + 10% = 28.10

wheres the 1.10 extra?[/QUOTE]
$22 for the :360: version...

22 + 5 + 2.20 (10%) = 29.20

[quote name='jcp42877']Does anyone know if GS employees can "override" promos? I'm asking because I really want to get rid of my 3 Guitar Hero games (all priced at $0.50 each), and I want the extra $10 credit for trading 3 games, but that excludes any game lower than $1.00

well, the employees at my local one are pretty cool cause i come in there a lot, and they give me freebies sometimes, etc. Just wondering if it's possible for them to hook me up..really wanting some more credit to add on to my $48.50 I have going towards Sniper:GW or Green Day RB[/QUOTE]

Sadly, no. Not matter how friendly the employee, whatever the system shows is solid rock. There is no overiding of trade in values.

[quote name='Velo214']here's that +$% promo coupon, don't know if it can be reprinted here tho
featureimg_062410.jpg

PlatformTitle Current Value
clear.gif

360Lost Planet 225.00360Red Dead Redemption25.00
360Skate 325.00360Blur22.00360UFC Undisputed 2010 22.00
360Alan Wake20.00360Split Second20.003602010 FIFA World Cup South Africa20.00
360Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands20.00360Splinter Cell: Conviction20.00360Super Street Fighter IV18.00
clear.gif

PSPModNation Racers12.50PSP2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa12.00
clear.gif

DSPicross 3D6.00
clear.gif
PS3Red Dead Redemption25.00PS3Lost Planet 224.00PS3Skate 324.00PS3UFC Undisputed 201022.50PS3ModNation Racers22.00
PS3Blur21.00PS3Super Street Fighter IV20.00PS32010 FIFA World Cup South Africa19.75PS3Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands18.50PS3Split Second16.25
PS3Grand Theft Auto: Episodes of Liberty City 14.75PS33D Dot Game Heroes13.50
clear.gif

WiiSuper Mario Galaxy 224.00WiiMonster Hunter tri (gameonly)22.00Wii2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa16.00

oh my god, sorry that looks so bad. it's late and i dont want to clean it up i just copy n pasted, but you get the deal...
[/QUOTE]

Is everyone getting this email or the new trial super edge markets only? I've checked all my accounts and nada. When was this received?

[quote name='discordman']Sadly, no. Not matter how friendly the employee, whatever the system shows is solid rock. There is no overiding of trade in values.[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah they can, but will they? I doubt it. Back when they had a $25 trade in credit, it wasn't working right, so the guy bumped my trade manually by $12.50.

[quote name='nixmahn']Is everyone getting this email or the new trial super edge markets only? I've checked all my accounts and nada. When was this received?[/QUOTE]

I didnt get one either :(

i got it yesterday, but oddly enough it was in my spam folder. i got the summer sizzler deals in my inbox but when i checked my spam it was listed under exclusive trade in bonus act fast. so idk why it was in spam and not inbox...weird. nothing about it being for powerup pro tho. i still want that 20off code a few got last week, lol

[quote name='discordman']Sadly, no. Not matter how friendly the employee, whatever the system shows is solid rock. There is no overiding of trade in values.[/QUOTE]

False. The guy switched values on a couple of my games so i would get the trade in promo.

All of these are for PSP:

Dragonball Z: Shin Budokai
- $3.50 (this isn't the Another Road version)
Need for Speed: Underground - $5.00
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 - $3.00

[quote name='nixmahn']Is everyone getting this email or the new trial super edge markets only? I've checked all my accounts and nada. When was this received?[/QUOTE]

I got it yesterday. I am not in one of the trial markets either.

Anybody know if any games have been removed from the guaranteed $25 TIV promo? I'm planning on trading in MW2 and BFBC2 (both 360) and wanted to make sure they both still qualified. I didn't see anything in the OP about this either.

I called my local store, the $25 hardware bonus does NOT stack on the $100 credit for the system. Is that correct? (you never know with these guys)

I only have the system, 60gig HDD & 4 headseats to trade in (no games), so looks like I'm only gonna net about $160. That only pays for 50% of the new system.

While nice, I can't afford to plunk down $160 when I have a working system right now.

Wish I had a bunch of games or other stuff to make this close to only $50-60 out of pocket. Any ideas ? :lol:

[quote name='DeadKevin666']I called my local store, the $25 hardware bonus does NOT stack on the $100 credit for the system. Is that correct? (you never know with these guys)

I only have the system, 60gig HDD & 4 headseats to trade in (no games), so looks like I'm only gonna net about $160. That only pays for 50% of the new system.

While nice, I can't afford to plunk down $160 when I have a working system right now.

Wish I had a bunch of games or other stuff to make this close to only $50-60 out of pocket. Any ideas ? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Like always, promos don't stack. They may not take the headsets, as turning in that many may suggest the headsets are broken.

[quote name='DeadKevin666']I called my local store, the $25 hardware bonus does NOT stack on the $100 credit for the system. Is that correct? (you never know with these guys)

Wish I had a bunch of games or other stuff to make this close to only $50-60 out of pocket. Any ideas ? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Flip some games...

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']Like always, promos don't stack. They may not take the headsets, as turning in that many may suggest the headsets are broken.[/QUOTE]

I'm on my original one actually. Bought a chatpad, got a new one. System was refurb'd, got a new one. I picked up the 3rd extra somewhere along with way.

But since they are all in mint condition I'm not worried. But unless I get some other stuff to trade I won't be going down this path anytime soon.

I also have to see where my transfer cable is, since I'm not shelling out $20 to copy my HDD over.

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']Like always, promos don't stack. They may not take the headsets, as turning in that many may suggest the headsets are broken.[/QUOTE]

I tried to trade in a headset with some games the other day and the store told me they wouldn't take them due to hygiene concerns. My set looks (and is) brand new since I have a wireless headset. I just shrugged and put it back in my bag...I'll just go to a different store when I trade in the rest of the system.

[quote name='Eric1285']I tried to trade in a headset with some games the other day and the store told me they wouldn't take them due to hygiene concerns. My set looks (and is) brand new since I have a wireless headset. I just shrugged and put it back in my bag...I'll just go to a different store when I trade in the rest of the system.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, there's always that too. It's just a case of YMMV.

A brand new-looking headset I would take in, assuming it would work. 3 or more headsets? I wouldn't take a single one because I can't test them.

[quote name='nnickers']The ad is not reliable, they haven't changed that from the launch. I know from experience, for example, that Demon's Souls was already out of the promotion by the first weekend.[/QUOTE]

I traded in Demon's Souls today for $26.xx (10% EDGE on original trade-in + $25). I heard the $25 promotion ends the 27th.

[quote name='ninja dog']Seems like they want you to bring in a screen grab of the whole thing...but I'll try the coupon on its own today[/QUOTE]

Any luck getting this coupon to work on its own without the whole email?

[quote name='wild21crazy']Any luck getting this coupon to work on its own without the whole email?[/QUOTE]

haven't gone yet, stuck in Demon's Souls.

Base Trade-in Values from today:

Xbox 360:
Aliens vs. Predator $13
Fight Night Rd. 4 $8
Red Faction Guerilla $4

Wii:
New Super Mario Bros. $25.50
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 $6

With all the bonuses and edge I got around $104. Fight Night Rd. 4 was case only and the guy was going to charge a refurb fee which they've never done before. He said that all gamestops are going to do it so they can print off cover art. Take it with a grain of salt but that's what he said. I argued a little and he took it off for me. Just a heads up.

Don't forget - there's the $15 off promo going on right now online too - I'm thinking of trading in my old 360 that's slowly giving up the ghost and trading in to get a new arcade system - with the extra $25 trade-in and $15 off coupon as well as the extra $30 I'm getting in trading in 9 games, I'm thinking I'll come out okay.

Gamestop may have their "off" days, but if you stack everything right, you can really come out ahead.

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']Yeah, there's always that too. It's just a case of YMMV.

A brand new-looking headset I would take in, assuming it would work. 3 or more headsets? I wouldn't take a single one because I can't test them.[/QUOTE]

You can test them by recording a message and playing it back. This is assuming they're also trading in a 360 or you have one hooked up.

Talked to some friends at gamestop today upcoming promos for the 28th are:

Trade 3 get 10 is extended
Trade 2 save 40 on madden 11 and crackdown 2
Trade in any PS3 system and get $200.00

[quote name='rjbooth']Talked to some friends at gamestop today upcoming promos for the 28th are:

Trade in any PS3 system and get $200.00[/QUOTE]

Time to dump my iffy Blu-Ray 40GB for $100 profit :bouncy:

[quote name='rjbooth']Talked to some friends at gamestop today upcoming promos for the 28th are:

Trade in any PS3 system and get $200.00[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I can finally trade in my big PS3 for a slim for $100. Time to find that old 40GB hard drive that I removed for a 400GB awhile back.

Quite possibly the first time I've traded games in at GameStop. I am interested to know why do they need to look at my driver's license (I don't believe it was age-related because they said something about needing it for trade-ins) and phone number if anyone could help me out.

Anyways... (hope I'm doing this right) All 6/25:

:ds: The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ($4.50) NO CHANGE but you have two listed "Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass " and "Zelda: Phantom Hourglass "
:psp: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions ($4.25) WENT DOWN
:wii: Let's Tap ($2.75) NO CHANGE
:wii: Wii Play ($3.25) WENT DOWN
:wii: James Cameron's Avatar: The Game ($8) WENT UP
:360: PGR4 ($1.50)NO CHANGE

Listed the ones with no change so maybe the date gets updated.

[quote name='Hostile']Quite possibly the first time I've traded games in at GameStop. I am interested to know why do they need to look at my driver's license (I don't believe it was age-related because they said something about needing it for trade-ins) and phone number if anyone could help me out.

Anyways... (hope I'm doing this right):

:ds: The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ($4.50) NO CHANGE but you have two listed "Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass " and "Zelda: Phantom Hourglass "

Listed the ones with no change so maybe the date gets updated.[/QUOTE]

Phone number is common, driver's license is based on your pawn laws in your county/state I believe. They need to keep something on record in case the games are ever suspected of being stolen or something.

I called my Gamestop today after trading my xbox 360 (20gb) in and reserving the slim last Monday. They told me today that because they didn't recieve a shipment today (Friday) and they don't recieve Saturday shipments, I would most likely get my 360 slim early next week.

[quote name='Hostile']Quite possibly the first time I've traded games in at GameStop. I am interested to know why do they need to look at my driver's license (I don't believe it was age-related because they said something about needing it for trade-ins) and phone number if anyone could help me out.

Anyways... (hope I'm doing this right):

Listed the ones with no change so maybe the date gets updated.[/QUOTE]

I actually asked that question today when I traded some games in. The employee told me it's primarily for tracking people down who trade in stolen games, so for anybody doing that expect to be savagely beaten by your local gamestop employees ;)

[quote name='rp71284']Time to dump my iffy Blu-Ray 40GB for $100 profit :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
I just traded mine in >_> SHIIIIIIIIIT

Just to be sure, these cards don't expire right? I'm surprised they actually give plastic cards instead of just giving you the receipt and a code.

[quote name='Brother Daz']If you're within 7 days you may be able to get a adjustment.[/QUOTE]
I traded mine in on the 22nd. Didnt know they did that.

Just traded in my 360 with 20 gig HD, wireless adapter, Demon's Souls, and an extra third party wired controller and I got $202 total towards my preorder! Now to just sell my limited Bioshock faceplate on eBay and I've pretty much brought a new system down to the price of a new game! Great deal since my 360 was 4 years old now D:

Also they were telling me that today was the last day they are taking preorder on the new slims...

Couple of prices and updates
:360:
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - $2.50 (6/25/10)
Wired Headset - $5.00 (6/25/10)
Live Vision Cam - $4.25 (6/25/10)
Console w/ Wireless Controller - $60.00 (6/25/10)

:wii:
Wonder World Amusement Park - $1.75 (6/25/10)
Sega Superstars Tennis - $2.50 (6/25/10)

Traded these for a new Banjo/Pinata Arcade for ~$38 off my credit. I was going to need a new wireless controller anyway (I had to crazy glue the nub back on to the left analog stick) so it made sense for me to get a new console with HDMI, new warranty a couple of (relatively cheap) games and the controller. Still mad though that they didnt make the slim compatible with the other hard drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back