GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
7/8
:wii:Ford Racing Offroad $5.75
:wii:SSX Blur $2.25
:wii:Transformers Revenge of the Fallen $5.25
:ds:Kingdom hearts 358/2 Days $6
:ds:Nostalgia $5.25
:360:Test Drive Unlimited $4

[quote name='SuperMario64']question: will gamestop accept a game that has a $1.50 trade in value for the extra $10 deal?[/QUOTE]

The terms and conditions say anything over 1 dollar. However its YMMV as in the district I live in (Central NJ) The DM doesn't let them take anything under 2.00 for any trades.

[quote name='SuperMario64']question: will gamestop accept a game that has a $1.50 trade in value for the extra $10 deal?[/QUOTE]

I traded in WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 today which is $1.50 which worked fine.

[quote name='rjbooth']The terms and conditions say anything over 1 dollar. However its YMMV as in the district I live in (Central NJ) The DM doesn't let them take anything under 2.00 for any trades.[/QUOTE]
Yikes. I live in PA and hope it works for me. thanks anyways

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']Wow JP. You've turned the OP into quite the one stop shop. Thank you for all that you do![/QUOTE]
Thanks! I like to try my best to make this thread as complete/thorough as possible.

[quote name='SuperMario64']Yikes. I live in PA and hope it works for me. thanks anyways[/QUOTE]

In Monmouth county I have had them say nothing under 1 dollar but have used several games at the 1.50-1.75 mark on the 10 dollar promos in the past.

actually figure i will give some updates from my trade in today:

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller- $12.75
Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery- $3
Xbox 360 Console w/ Wireless Controller- $50
also i got a refurbish fee on the console, but it was $30, not $45 like in the OP

and quick question, are the composite cables that come with the new slim the "standard" av cables in the OP?

[quote name='diddy310']In Monmouth county I have had them say nothing under 1 dollar but have used several games at the 1.50-1.75 mark on the 10 dollar promos in the past.[/QUOTE]

Which store I have go the two in Howell and one in Brick and that is what I am always told.

I haven't had an issue at Wall,Ocean, Neptune, or the upstairs one in Monmouth Mall (just never go to the downstairs one since it sucks parking near it).

Base TIV as of yesterday

iconxbox360.gif

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - 20
Kane & Lynch - 4

iconpsp_r2.gif

Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars - 7.50

Base TIVs as of 7/9

Pokemon Soulsilver: $20.00
MGS: Peace Walker: $18.00
Nier (PS3): $14.00
Red Dead Redemption (PS3): $27.00
Final Fantasy 13 (PS3): $17.00
GTA: Episodes from Liberty City (PS3): $16.00

7/8/10

GameCube Memory Card (59) - 4.75
Xbox 360 DVD Remote - 2.00
PS3 Official Sony Blu-ray remote - 4.25

I couldn't believe how much the GC memory cards were worth.

Here's my base trade in values from yesterday:

PSP
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror - $1.75
Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core - $3.50

Nintendo DS
Big Mutha Truckers - $2.00

Xbox 360
ET: Quake Wars - $3.00

PS2
Shadow the Hedgehog - $2.25

Gamecube
Star Wars Rogue Squadron III (Gamecube) - $2.50
Gamecube 4x Memory Card - $4.25

Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - $16.50
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam - $3.50
Red Steel - $2.75

All in all It adds up to $42.00,but since the (Trade 3,Get an extra $10) and (the 10% Edge bonus) applied I ended with $66.20. Not too shabby if you ask me.

for those areas that have stores that run a b2g1 every few weeks check to see if they are running a 50% trade in promo this weekend as the store in my area is doing that. ymmv.

So far the response has been mostly positive, got a couple PM's from iPhone users. It does create some serious garbage for them. I tested with my phone and it definitely wasn't pretty but still usable, mostly. If I do end up making the full switch it wont be the quickest ever. That is some tedious work because it basically has me going page-by-page through the game database verifying how everything is listed.

[quote name='bballplaya210']I couldn't believe how much the GC memory cards were worth.[/QUOTE]
Damn. I'm gonna have to dig out that random one I picked up for $1-2 from my closet and see what it's worth. I bought it in preparation for when they started clearing out Gamecubes from stores cuz I was gonna buy one for certain games.

But I procrastinated on the ones at Target for $12.50 each like a dumbass, since that's the cheapest I ever saw a new/sealed Gamecube for.

I'm trying to figure out what game I can add in as a third game for the 3/$10 deal too since I still have Brutal Legend for PS3 to trade in and I'm hoping that DS Sudoku game that was free at BB is still over $1 on trade-in value:lol:.

Base TIV as of 7/3/10

GBA:
Final Fantasy 1 & 2 Dawn of Souls: $2.50
Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage: $2.25
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Sacred Cards: $1.25
Pokemon Ruby: $5.75

DS:
Animal Crossing: Wild World: $7.00
Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2: $3.25
Kirby: Squeak Squad: $5.25

PSP:
Crash Tag Team Racing: $3.00
Death Jr: $1.50
Mega Man Powered Up: $2.75
Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble: $0.95
Daxter: $0.75

Gamecube:
GameCube Memory Card 251 (Nintendo) : $4.75
Paper Mario: Thousand-Year Door: $5.25
Mario Kart Double Dash : $6.25
Super Mario Sunshine: $5.00

PS3:

MLB 10 the show : $22.00

I traded it in towards NCAA 11 to get the 25% bonus and they made me put the entire value towards NCAA, not just $5 and the rest to edge or another instore purchase. Am I locked into buying NCAA or can I let the preorder lapse and maybe buy something else?

[quote name='mgford11']PS3:

MLB 10 the show : $22.00

I traded it in towards NCAA 11 to get the 25% bonus and they made me put the entire value towards NCAA, not just $5 and the rest to edge or another instore purchase. Am I locked into buying NCAA or can I let the preorder lapse and maybe buy something else?[/QUOTE]
No. The value is only there when the credit is on the game. If you take it off to put towards another game, the bonus credit disappears and you are left with the base trade-in

[quote name='Unaki']No. The value is only there when the credit is on the game. If you take it off to put towards another game, the bonus credit disappears and you are left with the base trade-in[/QUOTE]

fuck. When did this change? under what scenario can I keep the bonus credit?

Anytime you use a trade-in promo for games or hardware, if you cancel the pre-order or switch it they are supposed to remove the bonus credit. I'd say a good 90% of places don't do that. There are a couple stores around me that only apply that policy to hardware and other stores that don't apply it at all. I'd say in this case you would be more than able to do a pre-order then cancel and put it back on EDGE or onto another pre-order.

Also, updated lists and database.

[quote name='JP']Anytime you use a trade-in promo for games or hardware, if you cancel the pre-order or switch it they are supposed to remove the bonus credit. I'd say a good 90% of places don't do that. There are a couple stores around me that only apply that policy to hardware and other stores that don't apply it at all. I'd say in this case you would be more than able to do a pre-order then cancel and put it back on EDGE or onto another pre-order.

Also, updated lists and database.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this is usually the case when I've traded in before but this time the computer stopped him from putting $5 on ncaa and the rest on something else - it made him apply the whole value to the preorder.

As of 7/10
:360:
Left 4 Dead 2 - 10.00
Tom Clancy's End War - 2.50
Battlestations Pacific - 10.00
Star Ocean The Last Hope - 9.00
Project Gotham Racing 4 - 1.50
Ace Combat 6 - 7.00

:ps3:
Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe - 10.00

[quote name='mgford11']Yeah this is usually the case when I've traded in before but this time the computer stopped him from putting $5 on ncaa and the rest on something else - it made him apply the whole value to the preorder.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I've noticed that crack down as well. You should still be able to move the credit to another at some point. Just wait a week and boom there you go. Most of the stores around me, when I lived in Indianapolis and Evansville never let me do just the $5. I always had to put it all on the pre-order I just moved it later. They knew I was doing it and didn't care, as long as I was making up for the pre-order I cancel with another. Which I did on a fairly regular basis anyway. They took care of me so I took care of them. Building those relationships is very important. Always sucked when a good employee got transferred, except when he got transferred to being a store manager. That was an awesome day for me.

Yeah, like the trade in 2 games for 20 each towards preorder. if you just wait a week and then cancel your preorder you will still get 40 credit total. that's how it has worked for me ;)

[quote name='foltzie']Does the GCN itself have a trade in value?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='11killer11']I would think so, it still has some sort of value.

The last i heard Gamestop was giving somewhere between $5 and $7.

Not positive on that though.[/QUOTE]

From the first post:

[quote name='JP']
Hardware
System - $10 (6/15/10)
[/QUOTE]

I hate to sound like a dick but listing TIVs is the entire reason this thread exists.

TIV from today. All 360

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - $8.00
Spiderwick Chronicles - $2.00
Dark Sector - $1.50
Tiger Woods 10 - $8.00
Borderlands - $11.00

Used TW10 and Borderlands for the trade 2 to get Crackdown 2. Not sure if I want to return it or not and wait till it is used.

Ener-G Gym rockets (DS) - 2.75
Chaotic: Shadow Warriors (DS) - 4.25
LocoRoco 2 (PSP) - 3.00 (No change)

Updated the database already

Just got back from Gamestop. I traded in 12 games and was worried at first because the employee said you only get $10 for the first 3...luckily I was able to trade in all 12 games for a whopping $79(most of the games were really old). I also traded a wireless 360 headset for $9.50, a remote for $2, and a 3rd party wired controller for $7.75. All TIV were the same as the CAG database so no need to update anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back