GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Still debating to trade my 60GB fully BC system in. Works great still, never had an issue, but part of me wants the slim since it would fit my new TV stand better.

Although, I would have to backup my HDD, remove it and put the 60GB back in, deactivate my system, then I would have to reinstall my backup on the new machine with my 320GB HDD and hope that all my GameShare stuff would work again.

Anybody do the 25% bonus power trade yet? Was it automatic? I traded in a PS2 God of War and bought 4 new games, no 25% bump.

If you have yellow light of death, search up the blow dryer technique on youtube for a quick fix then trade it in immediately. If your scared they will catch you, they can't do anything. For all they know, it is there fault the system broke. So trade it in while you can

Thinking of trading in Red Dead for $30 at GS, what do you guys think? I have 20 hours in and I played it for 2 days straight and I loved it, but now I don't ever play it.

My near Gamestop in the mall told me that if i traded in 2 games towards the madden pre-order that i couldn't cancel the pre-order. i think that is bs. anyone had success trading in games on the list of $20 trade in ones and been able to cancel for the $20 credit applied to edge card?

i just canceled the madden preorder bout 15 minutes ago. dirt 2 n tekken 6. worked fine, 41.60 back on my card. i tried to do the same thing at a different store tho and they had trouble with preorders and the 40 off deal, said i had to do it with a new game aka crackdown 2. so flips rabbids go home and atv vs reflex . worked fine. so i just bought that and returned it today also. i think they are trying to , ahem, crackdown on all the preorder/cancel shenanigans but it still works fine. yay unintended pun

[quote name='MikePWV']My near Gamestop in the mall told me that if i traded in 2 games towards the madden pre-order that i couldn't cancel the pre-order. i think that is bs. anyone had success trading in games on the list of $20 trade in ones and been able to cancel for the $20 credit applied to edge card?[/QUOTE]

None of my local stores allow it. Can't really get mad about it since what your trying to do is shady.

[quote name='Toss']Anybody do the 25% bonus power trade yet? Was it automatic? I traded in a PS2 God of War and bought 4 new games, no 25% bump.[/QUOTE]

It's not automatic because they don't know you're going to use it for new games unless you tell them.

[quote name='flagg1216']None of my local stores allow it. Can't really get mad about it since what your trying to do is shady.[/QUOTE]

Oh but its ok for them to give you shit for trade-ins and mark them up like crazy?

[quote name='flagg1216']None of my local stores allow it. Can't really get mad about it since what your trying to do is shady.[/QUOTE]

"Shady" connotes some kind of moral judgement to the transaction. This is just business. Selling opened games as NEW and sending cracked refurbed discs through gamestop.com is equally shady. All is fair in business if both parties accept the transaction.

After all these revelations about how corporations, financial and otherwise, behave....I say if it isn't illegal, DO IT. THEY WOULD. If they let you return it, it's all good!

No offense to you flagg....this is just the rantings and conclusions of an older, life experienced gamer who has observed the way corporate America functions.

Quick question and sorry if it's a repeat, looking to get values for some of these items:

Standard Xbox 360 (w/ cords, controller) - ???
20GB Harddrive - ???
Wireless Controller - ???
Red Dead Redemption - ???
Dragon Age: Origins - ???
Borderlands - ???

Trying to spend the least amount to get a slim.

[quote name='Toss']"Shady" connotes some kind of moral judgement to the transaction. This is just business. Selling opened games as NEW and sending cracked refurbed discs through gamestop.com is equally shady. All is fair in business if both parties accept the transaction.

After all these revelations about how corporations, financial and otherwise, behave....I say if it isn't illegal, DO IT. THEY WOULD. If they let you return it, it's all good!

No offense to you flagg....this is just the rantings and conclusions of an older, life experienced gamer who has observed the way corporate America functions.[/QUOTE]

End of conversation/

Back on topic, Looks like I will be trading my PS3 in ASAP, thanks to the Halo reach bundle

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Oh but its ok for them to give you shit for trade-ins and mark them up like crazy?[/QUOTE]

Actually, yeah, it is. GameStop doesn't force anyone to do business with them. As long as people are willing to accept their prices for trades and purchases, GameStop is under no ethical obligation to alter said prices.

[quote name='svonhershman']Quick question and sorry if it's a repeat, looking to get values for some of these items:

Standard Xbox 360 (w/ cords, controller) - ???
20GB Harddrive - ???
Wireless Controller - ???
Red Dead Redemption - ???
Dragon Age: Origins - ???
Borderlands - ???

Trying to spend the least amount to get a slim.[/QUOTE]

Please review the first page of the thread. There is a big list of trade-in values that JP maintains there. Look for a spoiler tag in the 3rd post of the first page. It will contain everything you want to know.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Do you guys think there will be any 360 trade up deals for the halo reach console bundle?[/QUOTE]

after the way we stuck-it to them with the regular 360s deal, I doubt it. If they do it won't be anywhere near as good as the one we had a few weeks ago.

[quote name='MikePWV']My near Gamestop in the mall told me that if i traded in 2 games towards the madden pre-order that i couldn't cancel the pre-order. i think that is bs. anyone had success trading in games on the list of $20 trade in ones and been able to cancel for the $20 credit applied to edge card?[/QUOTE]

can't you just get the pre-order game and return it within first 2 or 3 days i dont know what their policy is on returns with receipt of unopened new items.......? People are allowed to change their mind after buying stuff ;)

my people know me, i walk in and tell them im doing a return, they dont even ask questions anymore. and when i cancel my madden 11 order i just told him gamestop.com preorder was cheaper with stacked codes like to 20from80 one yesterday. no probs

went to return my crackdown 2 from the trade 2 deal and they put $20.xx back on the edge card and gave me $40.xx cash. first time i've ever had it refunded that way. no biggie but just found it strange as most other times they have to throw it on another giftcard.

I've had no issues in times past with getting a return done on a pre-order bonus credit deal. But then again I've been throwing pre-orders down on alot of stuff over the last six months and quite a bit of those pre-orders were fully paid off and I picked them up and kept them.:D

You should be able to cancel the pre-order but they reserve the right, and the employees are supposed to, drop the bonus credit you had down to the proper base values.
Yeah they aren't supposed to allow the extra credit back to you. A lot of stores don't follow it or pay attention though.
[quote name='mrman1980']can't you just get the pre-order game and return it within first 2 or 3 days[/QUOTE]
This will create a lot less hassle on getting that extra credit value back.
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I've had no issues in times past with getting a return done on a pre-order bonus credit deal. But then again I've been throwing pre-orders down on alot of stuff over the last six months and quite a bit of those pre-orders were fully paid off and I picked them up and kept them.:D[/QUOTE]
As always, the key to getting around certain things is to get in good with your local GameStop employees.

Also, updated lists and database.

What has happened to the email coupons? Been wanting to pick up a couple used games for % off at B&M, but have been waiting on a coupon. Is it just this "Power" sale?

So far. No coupons and the ads are just rehashes of the entire sale. I expect this to go on through the power sale.

[quote name='Duckman5']Damn I still can't decide if I should trade in my BC 80GB for a new 120GB slim. I upgraded the HDD in my 80GB to 320 GB but I'm worried in will yellow light soon. Ugh but then I don't have the money to preorder Fallout NV, CoD Black Ops and/or Medal of Honor. What to do?[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, my 40 gig was 2+ years old and my extended warranty just expired. The system never gave me a problem but, it was getting extremely hot when just browsing the xmb so I traded it in for 120 gig slim. Even though I could probably fix it if there was a problem I decided my time was worth more. Plus I felt getting a new Dualshock 3 controller, one year warranty, and a more energy efficient machine than my old one was forth the price.

Have you tired selling it on Craigslist since it has ps2 BC? Do you play it a bunch? Have you ever had any issues with it? Do you have the credit to spare for the difference for the new slim? Are you tech savvy enough to open the system yourself and fix it if something goes wrong like ylod or the laser or blu-ray drive dying?

Remember Sony charges 150+ to fix your old system if it fails. Consider all these points and make the best decision for your situation. Another thing to consider Ylod is not even in the same realm as Microsoft's RROD very few ps3's overall have died compared to :360:'s

Hope this helps :)

So JP..I could do the trade for 40 and if I dont like the Madden demo..I could return it for NCAA if its unopened..without any restrictions.?..cause it seems like NCAA is gonna be better than Madden

[quote name='JP']You should be able to cancel the pre-order but they reserve the right, and the employees are supposed to, drop the bonus credit you had down to the proper base values.

Yeah they aren't supposed to allow the extra credit back to you. A lot of stores don't follow it or pay attention though.

This will create a lot less hassle on getting that extra credit value back.

As always, the key to getting around certain things is to get in good with your local GameStop employees.

Also, updated lists and database.[/QUOTE]

So if I do the Trade 2 for 40..and end up not liking the Madden demo..could I return in unopended for NCAA without any hassle?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I sincerely doubt it, since many people don't have an HDtv as of yet and don't really need/want the HDMI cable. Moreover, they want the original equipment(power cord, composite cable, controller, USB charging cable for controller) that came with the system to be able to sell someone a complete system.

So don't be surprised if they slap you with a refurb fee for not having all of the original equipment your PS3 came with. Unfortunately if they do hit you with a refurb fee, the $200 promo cannot be applied and you would receive whatever the trade value for your model PS3 is and that's that.

Many Gamestop stores WILL however allow you the chance to buy a used composite cable from their stock to make up for the lack of one when making the trade, which will allow you to dodge the refurb fee bullet.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info; guess i'll sift through my garage again

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I've had no issues in times past with getting a return done on a pre-order bonus credit deal. But then again I've been throwing pre-orders down on alot of stuff over the last six months and quite a bit of those pre-orders were fully paid off and I picked them up and kept them.:D[/QUOTE]

Yep, you can get away with a lot if your a loyal customer who pre-orders on a regular basis. One of my local stores even allows some of their customers to call dibs on signs/standees/etc that the employees don't take home.

[quote name='vwbeetlvr']after the way we stuck-it to them with the regular 360s deal, I doubt it. If they do it won't be anywhere near as good as the one we had a few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

I agree. They are likely flooded with 360's they won't be able to get rid of anytime soon. I know that most cags would never buy a used 360 from g$ but I bet there will be one hell of a huge price reduction around black friday to unload them.

Base TiV (7/23):

Assassin's Creed 2 (PS3): 8.00
Killzone 2 (PS3): 6.00
LBP GOTY (PS3): 12.00

Worms 2: Open Warfare (DS): 2.75
N+ (DS): 2.50

[quote name='TheSportsGamer23']So if I do the Trade 2 for 40..and end up not liking the Madden demo..could I return in unopended for NCAA without any hassle?[/QUOTE]
Pretty much, to make it easier I'd also get a gift receipt.

Updated lists and database.

[quote name='JP']Pretty much, to make it easier I'd also get a gift receipt.

Updated lists and database.[/QUOTE]

Thanks For the Help..When I return..they can put the store credit from the return on my EDGE card correct?

So I went to trade in my PS3 and the guy said that the offer only applied to people with EDGE cards. Is this guy full of crap because he talked me into getting an edge card and now I feel like I got taken for a ride.

[quote name='brolly1234']Can I use the 25% trade in credit towards a "new" power sale game?[/QUOTE]

I would also like to know this

While the offer says "any" used toward "any" new, I guess you could always call. I will probably try later tonight trading in my extra AC2 toward Demon's Souls.

[quote name='Duckman5']So I went to trade in my PS3 and the guy said that the offer only applied to people with EDGE cards. Is this guy full of crap because he talked me into getting an edge card and now I feel like I got taken for a ride.[/QUOTE]

Fill out the survey on your receipt and explain your story. They guy's district manager should end up seeing it. The guy flat lied to you in order to boost his subscription stats.

[quote name='brolly1234']Can I use the 25% trade in credit towards a "new" power sale game?[/QUOTE]

I bought DJ Hero when I made my trade in today. At first the computer was only offering me 10% but the manager checked the fine print of the deal and it makes no mention of power sale items being excluded. So he worked around it and I got my 35% with the edge card.

Even though it wasn't listed as anything special, I got the extra 25% for AC2 since I bought Demon's Souls - on sale for Power Saver sale - new. It just all applied to the same total. Plus I finally have that game.

[quote name='DJP519']Fill out the survey on your receipt and explain your story. They guy's district manager should end up seeing it. The guy flat lied to you in order to boost his subscription stats.[/QUOTE]
I went back to the store and demanded I get a refund for my subscription purchase. He actually gave me my money back and let me keep my subscription. I was pissed at the time but now everything's great.

Hopefully Darksiders is still around a $10 trade in value. I got it for $10 after coupon with this whole Power Saver and wow is this game generic. It's not bad, but I just feel I could spend my time playing better games. And let's also hope that LBP2 Collector's Edition will be ready to preorder by then.

[quote name='TheSportsGamer23']Thanks For the Help..When I return..they can put the store credit from the return on my EDGE card correct?[/QUOTE]

If you paid with it.

It is not supposed to work with power savers and likely their pos will not give you the 25%. It will be ymmv on getting the clerk to override the tiv's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back