GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Well in the past we have had issues of doing game sets 12 and higher. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Your best bet is to do them in groups of 10. Keeps you from having to worry about it.

It should work correctly, but sometimes it's better do separate transactions. Or wait to see if anyone else is having a problem with it working right :roll:

Edit: Or better yet, listen to the GS Guru above :whistle2:#

All base values, all XBox 360:

Play & Charge Kit: 5.75
Wired headset: 5.00
Wired controller: 9.50
64 MB memory unit: 2.00
Fifa 06: Road to World Cup: 1.00
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: 4.00
PGR 3: 0.50
Sega Superstars Tennis / XBLA: 1.00
Lego Indiana Jones / Kung Fu Panda: 1.00
Assassin's Creed: 2.50
MLB 2K8: 0.50
Gears of War: 1.00
Soul Calibur IV: 5.00
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare: 2.50
GTA IV: 5.00
Splinter Cell: Double Agent: 2.50
Madden NFL 2010: 1.50
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga: 12.00
Rock Band (game only): 0.75
NHL 2K8: 0.75
Splinter Cell: Conviction: 11.00
60 GB Hard Drive: 16.00
System w/ wireless controller: 50.00

[quote name='youenvy']it says nothing in their trade in offer/ad about duplicates[/QUOTE]

Anything like this comes down to employee discretion. Which, incidentally, is why it always pays to be nice to whoever's handling your money.

Xbox 360

Red Dead Redemption $24.00
Condemned 2: Blood Shot $2.50
Terminator Salvation $5
Crackdown 2 $15

PSP

WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2008 $3.00

[quote name='MikePWV']Yes please let me know where this Gamestop is cause i believe you got it confused. Yes Resident Evil 5 Gold for 360 trades in for $25 @ Best Buy but $14.99 USED before EDGE card is for the regular version RE5 for 360 which trades in for $5 @ Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

No, I'm not at all confused. The XBOX 360 version of Resident Evil 5: Gold sells for $14.99 at GameStop brick-and-mortar stores; same as the regular version. I've seen it at three different GameStops prior to this weekend and purchased a copy myself.

Unlike the PS3 version of the game, the 360 "Gold" DLC is on a one-time-use code card insert rather than on the disc. Because GameStop must assume that the DLC code has been redeemed even if the DLC code card is present, they treat a used 360 RE5: Gold copy as the "regular" version when taking it in and selling it.

this next promo is going to be great. almost as good as when it was trade 3/4 get $10/$20 once upon a time 8 months ago, but I can't complain. Hopefully I can trade enough to order GT5 CE.

Not sure if it matters, but when I was at GS earlier, their big ass promo book was from 9/6 - 9/27.

I know the 3/$10 and 5/$20 are usually coded into the computer, but that might be an indicator that it'll last that long. You never know though with them.

Yesterday
DS
Spongebob Atlantis $5
Nintendogs Dachsund $5
Star Wars Revenge III $3
Need for Speed Underground 2 $5
Tony Hawk Proving Ground $5

Thanks to MSU for reminding us the 5/$20 did not apply to handheld games!

Also traded in an original DS for $25 plus the $20 bonus = $45 TTL (had to buy a used GBA AC charger for $1.79 as the DS was found at a garage sale for about $5 the day before, oh, and had to add a stylus ... just used an extra one from an old Handspring)

All DS yesterday I did not trade in -
Meteos $1
Ping Pals $.50
Zoo Keeper $1.50
Diddy Kong Racing $4
Asphalt Urban GT $1
Wario Ware Touched $4
Flash Focus $.50
Ratat. Food Frenzy $2
Pet & Claws Pet Resort $1.50
SpongeBob Yellow Avenger $3
Ridge Racer $1.50
Hannah Montana $2.50
Horsez $2.50
Super Mario DS $11
Spyro Shadow Legacy $2.50

do we have to split up transactions? say i want to trade 10 games, will that give me an extra $40 (+$4/per game)?

i recalled last time they had trade 3, get $10 i had 6 games and it would only give me $10 for all 6 because of some glitch or another promo going on that was confusing the computer.

so is gamestop suppose to match the trade in values of best buy? and if so how, do u have to print out the page online with the quote or what?

all ds

Yoshi's Island 11.00
Lego Harry Potter 9.00
The legend of Zelda : The phantom hourglass 4.00
Trauma Center: Under the knife 2.00
America's Test kitchen Let's get cooking 3.00

[quote name='Nelo Ice']so is it worth trading in bfbc2/splinter cell convcition and split second with the % promo? or should i just go with the reach promo?[/QUOTE]

If the games are worth $12 or more it's best to use them for the percentage bumps. If the trade in value is $12-$19 it depends on how many you're trading in and what promo is going. Since percentage bump is dead, the Halo one would be better currently.

Base TiVs for 9/5:

PSP System (3000) - $70
:psp: Buzz! Master Quiz - $1.50
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $1.00
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2 - $3.00
:psp: Metal Slug Anthology - $4.00
:psp: SSX On Tour - $1.50
:psp: Car Adapter - $1.75

All game prices also submitted to the price tracker. Couldn't find the system or Car Adapter.

Base as of 9/6:

:360:
Sonic The Hedgehog 2.50
Ratatouille 2.50
Golden Axe: Beast Rider 2.50
Scene It? Bright Lights! Big Screen! 5.00

:ps3:
Overlord II 5.00

Relieved that all the games still qualified for 5/$20 promo.

dead space extraction wii 7.00
Lego indiana jones ps3 7.00
singstar vol 2 3.00
socom confrontation 2.50
last remnant 4.00

not good values but after 20 dollar bonus and edge came out to 45.85 for some games i never play and didnt enjoy when i did

PS3
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger 6.00
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen 9.00
Far Cry 2 5.00
Borderlands 10.00

Xbox 360
TNA Impact 3.00

Not bad with the deal goin on, turned that 33.00 into 56.30 :D

Updated the DB with some values. Also, some updates for the OP (I don't want to step on toes and update myself):

:wii:
Wii Motionplus Adapters 8.00

:gc:
Gamecube Controller (Nintendo) 5.25

Trade-in process was a pain. We had to do them in separate transactions, groups of five to qualify for the full $20. The guy was pretty cool about it, and even laughed about how ridiculous the company is with these promos.

Needless to say, I walked out with a 4GB 360 Slim, a renewed Edge card and put down a good chunk on Dead Rising 2.

Updated lists and database.

[quote name='sp00ge']Updated the DB with some values. Also, some updates for the OP (I don't want to step on toes and update myself)[/QUOTE]
You wouldn't step on my toes any. That first TIV post is full of character limit issues lately. Gotta re-format every so often to clear out the garbage.

Hey guys off topic but, on friday i bought 2 games thanks to that 50% glitch they had online. Today they were cancelled, but i never got the credit put back on my card. Do they usually take long to put credit back on an edge card for cancelled games? Thanks for any help CAG.

Updated lists and database again. I have also moved all console refurb fee posts into the FAQ. I keep hitting the damn character limit on the current gen list. Really don't want to split those up if I don't have to. I'll end up removing the disclaimer text from that post next.

[quote name='frpilot']Get a moderator to clear post #6 - #10, then maybe you can use of those posts as slots for 1 console each?[/QUOTE]
That's a bit excessive. I'd re-organize to the manufacturer listings before doing that.

The gamestop I went to had a list of games and the tiv's that best buy was offering. They had to check each game on the list(paper) and make sure it was good. They even told me I couldnt trade duplicates(mario and sonic olympics and mario and sonic winter olympics), i kindly pointed out they were different games. He said $3 refurb fee and i said no thanx and took that to bestbuy for the 20 cuz they dont even check the games. cool peace

Ah shit. I wish this current promo included DS/PSP games. I have five that qualify and would make me a sweet, sweet $31 profit over what I paid if it did.

I guess I'll have to hope for seperate promo for those and hope it's nearly as good.

Here's a couple TIV's from today nonetheless though:

:psp: Loco Roco 2-$2.50
:wii: A Boy & His Blob-$5

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Hey guys off topic but, on friday i bought 2 games thanks to that 50% glitch they had online. Today they were cancelled, but i never got the credit put back on my card. Do they usually take long to put credit back on an edge card for cancelled games? Thanks for any help CAG.[/QUOTE]

Anyone? Sorry to be such a nuisance guys, but im worried because they cancelled the games earlier today and i still haven't gotten the credit back on my card. :(

Went in today before they drop MLB 2K9...

9/6/10

:360: Major League Baseball 2K9 - $4.00
:360: Ghostbusters - $5.00
:360: Fear 2 - $5.00
:360: Gears of War 2 - $5.00
:360: Mass Effect - $5.00

[quote name='Velo214']The gamestop I went to had a list of games and the tiv's that best buy was offering. They had to check each game on the list(paper) and make sure it was good. They even told me I couldnt trade duplicates(mario and sonic olympics and mario and sonic winter olympics), i kindly pointed out they were different games. He said $3 refurb fee and i said no thanx and took that to bestbuy for the 20 cuz they dont even check the games. cool peace[/QUOTE]

They're still doing the 20 dollars in store? It looks like they dropped all of the games down to normal values on the trade in website.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Anyone? Sorry to be such a nuisance guys, but im worried because they cancelled the games earlier today and i still haven't gotten the credit back on my card. :([/QUOTE]

I am in the same boat, I would assume 24 hours, but does anyone really know?

[quote name='jkircos']I am in the same boat, I would assume 24 hours, but does anyone really know?[/QUOTE]

craap i need that credit for BBS tomorrow!!

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Anyone? Sorry to be such a nuisance guys, but im worried because they cancelled the games earlier today and i still haven't gotten the credit back on my card. :([/QUOTE]

Damn, they have an 800# did you call?

Hmm, the GS at Ala Moana's computers are still outdated. I traded in 3 games today and got the extra 20% instead of $10...

Traded some unwanted games today.

Saints row 2 ps3- $6. $10 after bonus
Bad Company ps3- $5. $9 after bonus

Pikmin NPC wii- $6. $10 after bonus
Rayman RR wii- $6. $10 after bonus
Sonic and the Secret Rings-$4. $8 after bonus

$47 total without edge.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Hey guys off topic but, on friday i bought 2 games thanks to that 50% glitch they had online. Today they were cancelled, but i never got the credit put back on my card. Do they usually take long to put credit back on an edge card for cancelled games? Thanks for any help CAG.[/QUOTE]

Considering I didn't get my credit back on a credit card, you probably have to wait 1-2 business days. Don't forget that Labor Day is a holiday.

Also, there's always that risk when you order something on a glitch. It's feast or famine.

One thing though, GS should have the common decency to actually notify the customer they're cancelling an order. Maybe hire some marketing/tech guys who know how to program a coupon correctly. Seems like every time it is a "Buy X, get Y" kind of thing, it always gets fucked up.

[quote name='rp71284']Considering I didn't get my credit back on a credit card, you probably have to wait 1-2 business days. Don't forget that Labor Day is a holiday.

Also, there's always that risk when you order something on a glitch. It's feast or famine.

One thing though, GS should have the common decency to actually notify the customer they're cancelling an order. Maybe hire some marketing/tech guys who know how to program a coupon correctly. Seems like every time it is a "Buy X, get Y" kind of thing, it always gets fucked up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i didnt even get notified that it got cancelled :(.

Values from today

Xbox 360
Ben 10: Alien Force Vilgax Attacks - $5 (9/6/10)
Brave: A Warrior's Tale - $2.50 (9/6/10)
Brutal Legend - $5 (9/6/10)
Golden Axe: Beast Rider - $2.50 (9/6/10)
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania - $5 (9/6/10)

I wonder, should I trade in my copy of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PS3) now, or wait for a bonus promotion as I hope to get Medal of Honor in a month?

[quote name='Dranakin']I wonder, should I trade in my copy of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PS3) now, or wait for a bonus promotion as I hope to get Medal of Honor in a month?[/QUOTE]

Considering that Ultimate is now out (your game + DLC + another game), I'd get whatever you can now. You'll never get a higher value than right now, even though it's probably a week or 2 too late anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back