GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='diddy310']They're still doing the 20 dollars in store? It looks like they dropped all of the games down to normal values on the trade in website.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. Both Mario & Sonic Olympics games are $10 now (at least at Dealtree). And they were yesterday before Velo took them to Best Buy. So they still honor the higher prices in store?

Anyway, some GS trades from 9/6:

:wii:
Godfather - $6
Scarface - $6

:360:
Burnout Paradise - $5
Tom Clancy's HAWX - $7
Tony Hawk Proving Ground - $2.50

$49.15 for the lot with Edge + $20 bonus. Not bad at all considering the 360 games were neglected $6.99 prepack stock at a BBV that I bought on the last day of the B1G1 sale. I figured if no one bought them after 2+ months of sitting there, including 2 weeks at B1G1, that they were fair game! (And in case you are not familiar with BBV lingo, "prepack" means disc-only games in clear cases that are all sold at one price, either $6.99 or $9.99 - luckily the GS clerk didn't hit them with refurb fees for being disc-only!).

Just squeaked by with that THPG... Had some more games been up to date in the OP (not blaming JP at all, just the rest of CAG for not reporting them ;)) I probably could have gotten 6-8 more prepacks. Oh, yeah, and :wii: Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader Game Time is $5. That was my backup game that will be used in a future trade.

todays TIVs
PS3
darksiders 9.00
dark void 3.00
red faction: guerrilla 6.00

lego rockband 5.00
simpsons game 6.00
tekken 6 5.00
wanted: weapons of fate 4.00
fear 2 5.00
brave: a warrior's tale 2.50
UFC2009 3.00
fuzion frenzy 4.00
dark void 3.00
tna impact 3.00
need for speed: carbon 4.00

wii
godfather blackhand ed 6.00
wwe smackdown vs raw 2009 6.00
think fast 3.00

TIVs 9/4

DS
scruge 0.50
feel the magic 0.50
top spin 2 .50
ping pals 0.50
marvel super hero squad 6.00
mario kart 17.00
jam sessions 1.00

wii
NSMB 17.00

monster madness: battle fob sub... 1.50

ps3
GH: smash hits 8.00

[quote name='frpilot']Values from today

Xbox 360
Ben 10: Alien Force Vilgax Attacks - $5 (9/6/10)
Brave: A Warrior's Tale - $2.50 (9/6/10)
Brutal Legend - $5 (9/6/10)
Golden Axe: Beast Rider - $2.50 (9/6/10)
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania - $5 (9/6/10)[/QUOTE]

Hah, someone hit up the TRU clearance bin ;]

[quote name='rp71284']Considering I didn't get my credit back on a credit card, you probably have to wait 1-2 business days. Don't forget that Labor Day is a holiday.
[/QUOTE]

^That. A lot of banks were probably closed for 72 hours, so expect the credit to show up tomorrow morning. Sad those orders got cancelled :[

[quote name='Toss']todays TIVs

tekken 6 5.00

[/QUOTE]

Tekken 6 at only $5? There's got to be a better place to trade this in. Amazon is $10.

[quote name='frpilot']Tekken 6 at only $5? There's got to be a better place to trade this in. Amazon is $10.[/QUOTE]
You do realize with the current promo and trading in groups of 5, each game gets an extra $4, putting that at $9. Just saying.

EDIT: Updated lists and database.

Thanks to my BBV haul and a few loose games that I don't play I picked $174 in credit and bought a 4gb arcade for next to nothing, this is one of the better GS offers

Updated lists and database. Also updated first post with information from GameStop.com about the current promos available.

ymmv but my gamestop gave me the bestbuy tiv of 20 each and another 10% today. so i got 88credit for my 4 game trade ins. dragon age, ncaa basketball 10, mario n sonic olympics and winter olympics. even though bestbuytradein.com tiv is alot lower they are still using the list from last week. so woot.
my receipt is in the car but i will post my base tiv's later. peace

[quote name='Velo214']ymmv but my gamestop gave me the bestbuy tiv of 20 each and another 10% today. so i got 88credit for my 4 game trade ins. dragon age, ncaa basketball 10, mario n sonic olympics and winter olympics. even though bestbuytradein.com tiv is alot lower they are still using the list from last week. so woot.
my receipt is in the car but i will post my base tiv's later. peace[/QUOTE]

Since when does Gamestop match other stores trade-in prices? That was something Gamecrazy used to do (oh, how I miss that - used to bring in the super-high Blockbuster quotes and get GC credit + 5% for them...).

GS TIV's as of 9/7/2010
:360: Jurassic: The Hunted - $9
:360: The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena - $3
:360: Star Wars the Clone Wars: Republic Heroes - $6
:ps3: Guitar Hero: Metallica - $8

[quote name='io']Since when does Gamestop match other stores trade-in prices? That was something Gamecrazy used to do (oh, how I miss that - used to bring in the super-high Blockbuster quotes and get GC credit + 5% for them...).[/QUOTE]
I think it is something they are doing for Best Buy only since they just did that big in-store push. I don't think it's all regions either, just ones tagged by GameStop Corporate that has an in-store Best Buy program running nearby.

X360:

Rock Band 2 - $6
Gun - $3
Lego Star Wars: Original Trilogy - $5
Rock Band AC/DC - $2.50
The Simpsons Game - $6

They checked Banjo: Nuts and Bolts. It was 6 but held off trading it. Haven't beat it yet.

Made 40 and some change after promo. Sold Marvel vs Capcom PS2 for 22 to a local pawn shop today as well. Got myself a paid off copy of Rock Band 3 awaiting!

PS Updated the database with these too!

Updated lists and database.
[quote name='AlohaMars2']PS Updated the database with these too![/QUOTE]
Thanks! I was about to start updating those but decided to check the TIV Queue and there they were. Always nice to see that.

I finally remembered that I forgot to do something before starting to convert the PS2 list. I was wanting to get everyone's thoughts on the new listing style for the current-gen consoles before I moved onto the other lists. That listing style I like but not sure if others do, and especially if it's causing longer than normal load times for mobile users.

[quote name='JP']I think it is something they are doing for Best Buy only since they just did that big in-store push. I don't think it's all regions either, just ones tagged by GameStop Corporate that has an in-store Best Buy program running nearby.[/QUOTE]

They also did things like massive bumps (50/60%) when the program was in test at Best Buy's in Texas last year at Gamestop stores near those BB stores.

GS TIV's as of 9/7/2010
:360: The Godfather - $3
:360: Battlestations: Pacific - $10
:360: Live Vision Camera - $4.25
:wii: Marble Saga Kororinpa - $4

* Just date updates

[quote name='MSUHitman']They also did things like massive bumps (50/60%) when the program was in test at Best Buy's in Texas last year at Gamestop stores near those BB stores.[/QUOTE]
I remember that. Caused some confusion at one point because one time it was after their promo they had nationwide, 50% extra on all game trades. People reporting it was/wasn't still going on.

So while in my local GS yesterday looking for a game I saw the employees had an information packet on the counter they were looking through about their PowerUp program. Asked them about it and they said it will be starting nationwide in early October (the 4th I think, not sure). What was even more interesting is that they said that all trade ins and purchase made since the program was announced a few months back will be retroactive, meaning we will be getting the points for them! Hope they were right about that, would be very cool.

[quote name='JediJames2']So while in my local GS yesterday looking for a game I saw the employees had an information packet on the counter they were looking through about their PowerUp program. Asked them about it and they said it will be starting nationwide in early October (the 4th I think, not sure). What was even more interesting is that they said that all trade ins and purchase made since the program was announced a few months back will be retroactive, meaning we will be getting the points for them! Hope they were right about that, would be very cool.[/QUOTE]

My local stores just started this program and as far as I know they have no intention of being retroactive. The site (www.poweruprewards.com) still has the wording "beta" in the logo. I am not sure when they will consider the program officially announced. I did get double points for my Birthday...In less than 2 weeks I have about 40,000 points which is 10,000 short of the highest reward. :bouncy:

[quote name='frpilot']Tekken 6 at only $5? There's got to be a better place to trade this in. Amazon is $10.[/QUOTE]

9.50 for a disc only game I paid 5.45 for is okay with me.:D

I have a question about this 3/5 promo. Do you get the extra $ when you trade in accessories as well? or is it games only? Because I'm on Xbox # 3 and I wouldn't mind some extra cash for trading in all these extra cables and power cords...

[quote name='Aughiskie']I have a question about this 3/5 promo. Do you get the extra $ when you trade in accessories as well? or is it games only? Because I'm on Xbox # 3 and I wouldn't mind some extra cash for trading in all these extra cables and power cords...[/QUOTE]
Games only.

As of today (9/7/10)

:ps3:
Rainbow Six Vegas $2.50
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection $6
Mercenaries 2:World in Flames $4
:wii:
Bratz: The Movie $3
Trauma Center: New Blood $4
de Blob $4

yeah, hopefully they get that powerup pro national soon, cuz i would love to earn points for used games online i buy and to be able to use my 10%off used games online again.
yeah i was shocked they matched bestbuy's tivs, even more today because bestbuy lowered all the tivs so i was very lucky.

from 9/05/10
mario and sonic winter olympics - wii - 13.00
dragon age ps3 - 10.00
ncaa basketball 2010 - ps3 - 5.00
ncaa basketball 2010 - 360 - 9.00
star ocean last hope - 360 - 8.00

from 9/7/10
mario and sonic winter olympics - wii - 8.00
mario and sonic olympics - wii - 8.00 (bumped me to 20 each but he may have just double scanned, so i dont know if it fell $5 in last 2 days, or if he was lazy)
dragon age ps3 - 10.00
ncaa basketball 2010 - 5.00

i got 100 first day, and 88today (+10%edge that manager didnt put on 5th) woot

plus i went to bestbuy and they were finally able to give me my gift card for the same 5 traded in there, so 100 woot, then spent that on 3 copies of saints row double pack... :) but why would i do that? lol peace cags!

[quote name='Velo214']yeah, hopefully they get that powerup pro national soon, cuz i would love to earn points for used games online i buy and to be able to use my 10%off used games online again.
[/QUOTE]

I asked a store about it and they told me that it won't be coming around my area until late December.

Going to go give it a shot with Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics to see if I can get the 20, either way, i'll make out pretty well since the copy is from the BBV B1G1.

[quote name='rp71284']Considering that Ultimate is now out (your game + DLC + another game), I'd get whatever you can now. You'll never get a higher value than right now, even though it's probably a week or 2 too late anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good point. Maybe I'll do Amazon then.

BASE TIV Today:

Metroid: Other M 25.00 (33.75 Bonus 25%+Edge towards Move)
Valkyria Chronicles 2 12.00 (16.20 Bonus 25%+Edge Towards Move)
Civ Rev (360) 8.00 (10.80 Bonus 25%+Edge Towards Move)

Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics - 13.00

They probably did ring up Velo's summer one twice.

Can't find where I put my reciept for the ones I did trade, but got 50.50 for Boom Blox, Rainbow Six Vegas PS3, Blazblue PS3, Star Wars TFU PS3, and one other PS3 game that I can't remember - not too bad.

Just got back from a Gamestop, confirmed/updated TIV as of today:

Xbox360:
*Condemned 2: Bloodshot - 2.50
Qubed - 2.50
Wanted: Weapons of Fate - 4.00
Sonic the Hedgehog - 4.00
Assassin's Creed - 2.50

Wii:
Red Steel - 2.50
*Medal of Honor: Vanguard - 3.00
*Donkey Kong Barrel Blast - 8.00
*Bleach: Shattered Blade - 7.00
Resident evil 4 - 5.00

[quote name='Scholarly_Sam']Is the trade 5 for $20 extra considered a good promo? I'm considering unloading like 40 or so games to get either a PS3 Slim or Kinect.[/QUOTE]

For cheap games yes, for brand new games no.

For games in the $12-$18 range, you take the risk of either 1) taking advantage of the promo and just getting ~$5 on top of the TIV or 2) waiting for another percentage promo where you can get $4+ per game. It's really up to you.

This is what I always do. Most promos are around 25%. If a game doesn't have a $16 TIV, I use it for the tiered/cash promos. If a game is over that $16 range, I use it for one of the 25% promos.

[quote name='lilbrad333']umm can someone pls answer my question i really need it, Can u trade in ps2 games for the current promotions[/QUOTE]

Please read the OP, as the restrictions are clearly listed for each promo.

[quote name='sp00ge']Please read the OP, as the restrictions are clearly listed for each promo.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately there are many who would rather people just TELL them what the current deals are without having to actually read or do any work towards finding out for themselves. It's become sort of the norm on CAG as of late where people ask the same crap incessantly until someone just cut/pastes them the answer they seek.

Even typing in gamestop.com on their browser, waiting for that to load, then clicking on 'trade-in offers' is too hard of a concept for people to grasp.

Speaking of trade offers, it would appear I'm going to have to use the 25% trade bonus dealie towards Dead Rising 2 to cash out the games I got yesterday since the tiered deal is limited to only the three main consoles.:bomb:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Unfortunately there are many who would rather people just TELL them what the current deals are without having to actually read or do any work towards finding out for themselves. It's become sort of the norm on CAG as of late where people ask the same crap incessantly until someone just cut/pastes them the answer they seek.

Even typing in gamestop.com on their browser, waiting for that to load, then clicking on 'trade-in offers' is too hard of a concept for people to grasp.

Speaking of trade offers, it would appear I'm going to have to use the 25% trade bonus dealie towards Dead Rising 2 to cash out the games I got yesterday since the tiered deal is limited to only the three main consoles.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

ok while u talkin (sh!t) iv already done all of this and the reason im asking here is because it says that they dont accept some games and i couple of monthes ago i tried to trade in my ps2 games with an offer just like this one and they did not accept it so next time please keep ur gay as comments to urself and not try to raise ur own tiny and shriveled little "self-asteam" by trying to make others feel dum and u a smart az

[quote name='lilbrad333']ok while u talkin (sh!t) iv already done all of this and the reason im asking here is because it says that they dont accept some games and i couple of monthes ago i tried to trade in my ps2 games with an offer just like this one and they did not accept it so next time please keep ur gay as comments to urself and not try to raise ur own tiny and shriveled little "self-asteam" by trying to make others feel dum and u a smart az[/QUOTE]

learn to spell and construct sentences please ...
The ops post on the trade in deals are as specific as can be...who knows what your misinterpreted months ago... and not sure anyone really cares...

contributing vs being asked to be spoon fed will go far here ...

Traded in a bunch of games at gamestop today:

PS3 :ps3: :
Assassin's Creed 4.00
Conan 3.00
Condemned 2: Bloodshot 2.50
Dead Space 6.00
Fracture 2.50
Haze 2.50

Wii :wii: :
Wii Play 2.50

Xbox 360 :360::
Banjo Kazooi: Nuts and Bolts 6.00
Bourne Conspiracy 3.00
Call of Duty 3 2.50
Command and Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath 5.00
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 5.00
Dead Rising 4.00
FEAR 2.50
Ghostbusters 5.00
Infinite Undiscovery 4.00
Mass Effect 5.00
Star Wars The Force Unleashed 4.00
Supreme Commander 4.00
Viva Pinata (Special Edition) 3.00

Plus an extra $80 :D + $7.6 EDGE

[quote name='lilbrad333']ok while u talkin (sh!t) iv already done all of this and the reason im asking here is because it says that they dont accept some games and i couple of monthes ago i tried to trade in my ps2 games with an offer just like this one and they did not accept it so next time please keep ur gay as comments to urself and not try to raise ur own tiny and shriveled little "self-asteam" by trying to make others feel dum and u a smart az[/QUOTE]
Seeing as how you said you've gone to the website, did you see it mention you can trade PS2 games towards the current tiered promo? If not, there's your answer.

I assume you also read the other promo for games that gives you 25% extra credit towards certain games(Dead Rising 2, etc). Did that say anywhere that PS2 games were excluded? If not, there is your answer.

I don't know how much clearer they could write the trade promos out so people would stop asking questions that're already answered in the wording for the promo.

ok let me help you out, i'll bold the important parts because you seem to have a problem with reading and writing.

from the OP:
Trade 3 for an extra $10 or 5 for an extra $20 (Ends 9/26/10) Originally Posted by GameStop.com
Trade any three 360, PS3 or Wii titles and get an extra $10 or trade 5 and get an extra $20.

Games with a trade value of $2.00 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer does not stack. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 09/06/10 - 09/26/10

from gamestop.com's website:

Trade 3 for an extra $10 or 5 for an extra $20

Trade any three 360, PS3 or Wii titles and get an extra $10 or trade 5 and get an extra $20.

Games with a trade value of $2.00 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer does not stack. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 09/06/10 - 09/26/10.
hopefully next time reading will prove more beneficial.

a few more trades from 9/5

Gamecube
Harvest Moon: magical Melody 2.75

PSP
Star Wars Battlefront II 3.00

DS
That's so Raven Psychic on the.. 1.00
COD: World at War 7.00

09/07/10

:ps3:
Devil May Cry 4 5.00
Saints Row 2 6.00