GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
When do they usually start the extra percentage for certain pre-orders?

I'm hoping Fallout New Vegas will be eligible soon before some games I'm sitting on potentially go down in value.

9/8/2010 - All base TIV

:360:

Lost Odyssey - $5.00
Dead Space - $6.00
Viva Pinata (Regular) - $3.00
Ghostbusters - $5.00

:wii:

Resident Evil 4 - $5.00

Also, not sure if this helps but GameStop would not accept the following Xbox 360 games for the Trade 3/5 get an extra $10/$20 promotion (so I assume

Wow it's amazing to see what retailers think of used PSP games. $12 for a game that came out 1 week ago (VC 2)?

I guess if you think about it the margin is the same if you're looking at what the price of a brand new console retail game in terms of Gamestop's TIV vs. what they will sell it for, but just seeing that $12 value is a shock to the system. Of course I had the same reaction when I saw the original TIV for Lunar on PSP at launch.

I'm not one to harp on Gamestop as I trade in there all the time, but that's definately a case where you need to look at other options like EBay, CList, Goozex, or Glyde if you can help it. I hope you enjoy Playstation Move but that's gotta sting to get only $16 for something you likely paid $40 for last week. There's probably a lot of CAG's that would have gladly given you $25 for it even opened.

My rule of thumb on trading in games @ Gamestop less than 1 month old is that I have to get after promos 1/2 of what the game costs retail or I go somewhere else.

Trade-in Values for 9/8 (before bonuses):

PS3
3D Dot Heroes - $8.00
Just Cause 2 - $17.00
Star Ocean: Last Hope International - $17.00
Star Wars Clone Wars Republic Heroes - $6.00
White Knight Chronicles - $13.00

:ps3:
Dead Space - 6
Eat Lead - 3
Bad Company - 5
Dark Void - 3
Fairytale Fights - 6
Overlord 2 - 5

:360:
Red Faction - 4
Bad Company - 2.50
Skate - 2.50
Army of Two - 3
Lost Odyssey - 5
Assassin's Creed - 2.50
Soul Calibur 4 - 5
Godfather 2 - 6
Beatles Rockband - 2.50

:wii:
Final fantasy crystal: Echoes - 7
Metroid prime 3 - 6

Anybody know what GameStop's trade in value is for a Xbox 360 250GB HDD?
Don't see a price listed on the first page. Only goes up to 120GB. Thanks!

As of Tuesday, September 08:

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (psp) - $14

Halo 3 ODST (xbox 360) - $11

Got them bumped up to a plump $30-ish though with the 25% extra towards Reach.

360 Are you smarter than 5th Grader 4$
360 Red Dead Redemption 24$
360 Call of Duty: MW2 20$
360 Dark Void 3$
360 Shaun White 2$
360 Halo Wars 8$
360 NCAA Football 2009 0.75$

Wii Ultimate I Spy 3$
Wii Charm Girls Club: PJ Party 6$
Wii Guitar Hero World Tour 5$
Wii Artic Tale 1$
Wii Cabela Dangerous Hunts 2009 6$
Wii Planet 51 5$
Wii Petz Rescue: Wildlife Vet 5$

Has anyone tried trading in Red Faction Guerrilla with the slashed UPC code? (from the Darksiders promo)

I'm not sure if I should try or not. I don't really see how it would affect it, besides possibly case damage, but I've seen worse conditioned cases at GS.

I was thinking about using the Move power trade like this, could it work???

If I trade in 7 games and use Edgecard, I will not only get $20 extra dollars
but also 35% extra for all the games being used towards Move, I got games ranging from 24 bucks to the lowest at 7 bucks.

From the data base, here the games I will use.

Red Dead- $24

Mlb- $14

Heavy Rain- $16

FF 13- $20

RE5- $7

LBP- $8

Midnight Club- $7

Could I do that and get Move for basically a few dollars? or maybe even without spending one dollar?

I just want to try that out without spending 130 dollars :).

[quote name='Killagamer']I was thinking about using the Move power trade like this, could it work???

If I trade in 7 games and use Edgecard, I will not only get $20 extra dollars
but also 35% extra for all the games being used towards Move, I got games ranging from 24 bucks to the lowest at 7 bucks.

From the data base, here the games I will use.

Red Dead- $24

Mlb- $14

Heavy Rain- $16

FF 13- $20

RE5- $7

LBP- $8

Midnight Club- $7

Could I do that and get Move for basically a few dollars? or maybe even without spending one dollar?

I just want to try that out without spending 130 dollars :).[/QUOTE]

Those two promos will not stack its either one or the other.

Just an update to the dates.

360:
Halo 3 - $6
Infinite Undiscovery - $4
Last Remnant - $4
Fable 2 - $3

Wii:
Wii Sports - $5

[quote name='Rhett']Has anyone tried trading in Red Faction Guerrilla with the slashed UPC code? (from the Darksiders promo)

I'm not sure if I should try or not. I don't really see how it would affect it, besides possibly case damage, but I've seen worse conditioned cases at GS.[/QUOTE]
I traded in my copy of RF:G from the Darksiders promo to GS with no issues. Although you have to make sure that your GS stores aren't refurb fee happy or they could dock you $1-3 for the damage to the case.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I traded in my copy of RF:G from the Darksiders promo to GS with no issues. Although you have to make sure that your GS stores aren't refurb fee happy or they could dock you $1-3 for the damage to the case.:roll:[/QUOTE]

That's funny considering the fact that I've seen "new" display copies at my store have slashes in the cover art/plastic due to them cutting through the box with a knife. However, none of the local stores charge refurbishing fees for anything that isn't disc-related.

9/8/2010 - Base TIVs

LEGO Rock Band - $5

Wii
Grand Slam Tennis - $3
Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings - $5
Scarface: The World Is Yours - $6
World of Zoo - $5

PS3
Bioshock - $7
FaceBreaker - $2

[quote name='Rozz']That's funny considering the fact that I've seen "new" display copies at my store have slashes in the cover art/plastic due to them cutting through the box with a knife. However, none of the local stores charge refurbishing fees for anything that isn't disc-related.[/QUOTE]
I've had some stores try nailing me for a missing manual(on a game I bought like that from them:roll:), trying to trade in disc only games(of multi disc sets that qualified for a tiered promo when traded seperately) and for trying to trade in a game with a beat up case(which I probably also bought from them).

The few times I've been nailed on refurb fees it was when I didn't really pay much attention, but after having the clerks be so sneaky about it I read my receipt before I even leave the store anymore. If I see even a $1 fee, then I have them cancel the transaction and I take my shit back.

But considering most of what I've been trading lately has been multiples of games I got on clearance and JUST opened prior to trading, I've had no issues as of late.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Wow it's amazing to see what retailers think of used PSP games. $12 for a game that came out 1 week ago (VC 2)?

I guess if you think about it the margin is the same if you're looking at what the price of a brand new console retail game in terms of Gamestop's TIV vs. what they will sell it for, but just seeing that $12 value is a shock to the system. Of course I had the same reaction when I saw the original TIV for Lunar on PSP at launch.

I'm not one to harp on Gamestop as I trade in there all the time, but that's definately a case where you need to look at other options like EBay, CList, Goozex, or Glyde if you can help it. I hope you enjoy Playstation Move but that's gotta sting to get only $16 for something you likely paid $40 for last week. There's probably a lot of CAG's that would have gladly given you $25 for it even opened.

My rule of thumb on trading in games @ Gamestop less than 1 month old is that I have to get after promos 1/2 of what the game costs retail or I go somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

Actually bought it for 4.99 at kmart this week (had a 20.00 coupon) I probably should have listed on cag but just wanted to get rid of it as I didn't like it that much.

[quote name='ajh2298']Those two promos will not stack its either one or the other.[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't it?????

The games getting an extra $20 together + 10% Edged card...

I will say I am using the credit for the Move, they will add the extra 25%

they can't tell me the credit

will not go that way also, it makes no sense.

I will ask at the store tomorrow and let you know for sure, for some

reason you're just assuming it wouldn't stack, when I personally

seen two offers stack together before. I remember doing the Power trade + 3 games $10 offer at the

same time before.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I traded in my copy of RF:G from the Darksiders promo to GS with no issues. Although you have to make sure that your GS stores aren't refurb fee happy or they could dock you $1-3 for the damage to the case.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Gonna try tomorrow. Hopefully some of my cheaper games aren't under $2 by then. Ugh.

I'm gonna assume that it'll be okay, since the guys at my store are the nicest I've seen at any GS.

[quote name='Rhett']Thanks! Gonna try tomorrow. Hopefully some of my cheaper games aren't under $2 by then. Ugh.

I'm gonna assume that it'll be okay, since the guys at my store are the nicest I've seen at any GS.[/QUOTE]
The formula I've been using for a couple of years to guesstimate trade values prior to trading games in seems to still hold true, though there are exceptions to it at times.

Take the used price of each game you're going to trade, divide it by 2, then remove another $1-4 or so based upon the game's age. If it came out longer than 3-4 years ago, you might as well hang it from your rear view mirror in your car and use it as a decoration cuz it's probably worth $1 at most.

The only exceptions to that rule is of course 'rare' or 'sought after' games(aka Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, Ico, Shadow Of The Colossus, Tetris DS).

As for stacking promos, they almost never stack and only might in the case of an override by a manager. Otherwise they claim the system determines the best promo for you and leave it up to that.

[quote name='Killagamer']Why wouldn't it?????

seen two offers stack together before. I remember doing the Power trade + 3 games $10 offer at the

same time before.[/QUOTE]

You can do them at the same time, but they're not supposed to both apply. Like for example, if you traded in 4 games, and 1 was the $25 promo and the other 3 went to the 3/$10, that would work. You'd get 1 promo for 1 game, and another promo for the other 3.

But if you were trading 3 of the $25 promo games, you wouldn't get an extra $3.33 (for 3/$10) on top of the $25 + EDGE.

Trust me, unless you're in NY (which is kinda a whole diff story with GS) or somebody messed up, it shouldn't happen. It's always a promo + EDGE. Not as many promos as you can get + EDGE.

Another example. You would have seen a million posts about people getting 55% + EDGE last week with the 25% towards a pre-order + 30% potential tiered trade. Something like Madden 11 (with 4 other games) would have been worth $25 + $2.50 EDGE + $6.13 for 25% + $7.50 for 30% = $41.13.

On last example. I was in the store last week to dump NHL 10 & NHL 2k10 for the 2 for $40 towards Halo Reach promo. When they initially scanned my games, they popped up with 10% + 10% EDGE for the tiered promo (didn't have a 3rd game to get to 20%). When that happened, I told the sales guy and he found the little UPC for the 2/$40 promo, which changed the values from 10% + 10% EDGE to $20 + 10% EDGE.

Look, I'm not trying to flat out say you're wrong, but umm, you're wrong. No offense.

Removed a chunk of backlog today, inputted the TIVs myself; only notable change I saw was:

:360: CoD: W@W 11.00

I'd like to thank the current promo for getting me from about $12 credit to $193 by day's end, and I'd like to express my regret at not hoarding the shit out of TRU's magical 1.98 games during the Halo coupon. NFS Undercover trades in for $7. I really wish I had bought them all :[

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I'd like to thank the current promo for getting me from about $12 credit to $193 by day's end, and I'd like to express my regret at not hoarding the shit out of TRU's magical 1.98 games during the Halo coupon. NFS Undercover trades in for $7. I really wish I had bought them all :[[/QUOTE]
Ahhh. That explains what someone wrote in another thread now.:cry:

9/8/2010 TIVs

Checked, but didn't trade-in:

:ps3: Buzz! Quiz TV (game only) $2
:wii: Super Monkey Ball: Step and Roll $4
:ps3: GH: Van Halen $7

Hey, regarding that 3/5 for $10/$20 extra promo, do they all have to be of the same system, or can it be 2 PS3 and 3 360 games or whatever mix?

[quote name='Pyramid Head']Hey, regarding that 3/5 for $10/$20 extra promo, do they all have to be of the same system, or can it be 2 PS3 and 3 360 games or whatever mix?[/QUOTE]
It can be a mix as long as they are either 360/Wii/PS3 games.

It's always been that two promos will not stack on an item. That is asked enough that there is a post in FAQ about promos not stacking. It has to be done manually because the computer will only allow one promo onto a game at certain times. This has been an issue in the past when people were trying to trade games in for different promos, so separate transactions have to be done to get the full benefit. GameStops computers are normally pretty good about giving you the best value but there are times where it doesn't because of a high valued game or because of the number of games you have, depending upon the promos that are currently active. rp71284 pretty much nailed the best explanation.

I find it weird that you ask if that can be done and when someone answers you, with the correct answer by the way, you say they are just assuming it can't be done and you have seen it happen before. If you are sure that it can be done, why did you ask the question?

[quote name='JP']I find it weird that you ask if that can be done and when someone answers you, with the correct answer by the way, you say they are just assuming it can't be done and you have seen it happen before. If you are sure that it can be done, why did you ask the question?[/QUOTE]
:lol::applause: Because the answer was not to their liking, of course.

From Gamestop.com(Tiered trade w/ bonus credit below. Halo Reach, Dead Rising 2, Kirby's Epic Yarn promo information below that, note the RED sections I highlighted in each :

Info below can be found here: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/

[quote name='Tiered promo w/ bonus credit'] Trade 3 for an extra $10 or 5 for an extra $20

Trade any three 360, PS3 or Wii titles and get an extra $10 or trade 5 and get an extra $20.

Games with a trade value of $2.00 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer does not stack. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 09/06/10 - 09/26/10.[/quote]

Halo Reach said:
Cannot be combined with any other offer.[/SIZE] Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 09/06/10 - 09/26/10.

It's pretty cut and dried there. One promotion cannot be combined with another. However, you CAN stack EDGE with either promo, but NOT promo with promo. Understand now?

soo just to make sure, you only get an extra $0.67 cents or so per game if you do the 5/$20 deal instead of 3/$10 right? by next week i should have transformers: wfc completed, and then i would have 3 360 games to trade in, but i don't really lose too much by not scrounging up 2 more.

they hit me with a $3 refurb fee for the first time the other day for the mario and sonic wii game. i went whatev cuz i was already getting a good bump up. also gamestop.com just redid the whole site...kinda strange when sites change on me. i still dislike the new metacritic style...

[quote name='rjbooth']Actually bought it for 4.99 at kmart this week (had a 20.00 coupon) I probably should have listed on cag but just wanted to get rid of it as I didn't like it that much.[/QUOTE]

I see. Sorry you used your coupon on something you ended up not liking.

I have some values from today:

Base(promo + EDGE):

:ps3: Watchmen: End Is Nigh-$3.00($4.05)(shouldn't have traded)
:ps3: Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution-$9.00($13.900
:ps3: Wolfenstein-$6.00($10.60)
:ps3: Far Cry 2-$5.00($9.50)
:ps3: Little Big Planet GOTY-$12.00($17.20)
:ps3: The Club-$1.25(did not trade)
:wii: A Boy & His Blob-$5.00($9.50)
:psp: Loco Roco 2-$2.50($3.37)

I was also informed by the manager working that the Powerup website will allow you to look up trade values on your own, put in your collection and keep track of it(including deleting games from it when you trade them to GS), allow you to write reviews for games and a whole manner of other things.

Furthermore, I was informed that Powerup should be in my area by October, so perhaps that means it'll be rolled out for the rest of the US then as well.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I was also informed by the manager working that the Powerup website will allow you to look up trade values on your own[/QUOTE]
Oh noooosss!!! I'll be obsoleted!!

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Removed a chunk of backlog today, inputted the TIVs myself; only notable change I saw was:

:360: CoD: W@W 11.00

I'd like to thank the current promo for getting me from about $12 credit to $193 by day's end, and I'd like to express my regret at not hoarding the shit out of TRU's magical 1.98 games during the Halo coupon. NFS Undercover trades in for $7. I really wish I had bought them all :[[/QUOTE]

yeah, I went from 1.xx to 197.xx. :bouncy: Kinda unfortunate that I had to buy 3 copies of wii Batman brave and the bold for full new retail to flip though.

I'm not going to make a new thread and get a bunch of shit for it but Halo Legendary edition is available for pre-order online again at gamestop.com for anyone interested. As far as I know it's only for delivery and you cant do store pickup (or at least I saw no option for it).

[quote name='JP']Oh noooosss!!! I'll be obsoleted!![/QUOTE]
Nah. We'll still need you to enter them into the CAG database.;) Besides which, you do a phenomenal job of keeping this thread updated. Thanks for doing such a good job.:applause:

By the way, whatever happened to ending each update with a movie quote?:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Nah. We'll still need you to enter them into the CAG database.;) Besides which, you do a phenomenal job of keeping this thread updated. Thanks for doing such a good job.:applause:

By the way, whatever happened to ending each update with a movie quote?:D[/QUOTE]
I'm really surprised that CheapyD hasn't somehow managed to get auto downloading of the values since GameStop does spend a decent amount of advert spending here it seems.

Honestly I only did that when I was updating like 12 times a day, during that 50% on all games thing. I have debated doing it again.

Decent amount? Every ad just about is Gamestop's as of late.

Speaking of which, the manager at the GS that lets me trade multiples let me pick through the used games from Square Enix and pick out some registration codes this afternoon(which I can hopefully use towards getting an iPod Touch for free:D).

In exchange I gave him a few VIP code vouchers I had from some cases for Bad Company 2. I don't know if the registration codes or VIP vouchers work, but I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Updated lists and database.

"Because you'll be dust by Monday... because you'll be pulverized in two seconds. The cleaning lady? She cleans up... dust. She dusts."

Just called GS asking for some values on not-updated-in-a-while games that I was gonna trade in (just to make sure).

(360) Divinity II: Ego Draconis -- $9
(360) Far Cry 2 -- $4
(360) Red Alert 3 -- $5
(360) Red Faction: Guerrilla -- $4
(360) The Saboteur -- $7

These are all the same values as already listed, but the date can be updated to today (Sep. 9th).

Both unchanged, but confirmed at a later date at least. I'll update this post again once I've actually made it down there. (soon)

[/QUOTE]

You can certainly use that credit toward a pre-order for the Move, but the system will not add on an additional 25% on top of the other promo. Only way you're gonna get that to happen is if you get a manager to override it for you. I've only had promos stack when a manager overrides a price and the system still adds on a promo on top of it. For example last week for the trade 2 save 40 promo, the system wouldn't adjust each game to $20 so the manager had to override each to $20, I then received an extra 10% for the tiered trade in offer, as well as an extra 10% for EDGE, all calculated off the $20.

Lame, 60gb PS3 console going for $130 base as of today. Is it just South Florida getting screwed or do they just hate me :\

9/9/2010 - TIVs

Xbox 360:

50 Cent : Blood on the Sand - $7
Battlefield Bad Company - $2.50
Battlefield Bad Company 2 - $14
Blur - $18
UFC 2010 - $10

PS3:

Darksiders - $9

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done