GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TyrantDaGunner']9/9/2010 - TIVs

Xbox 360:

50 Cent : Blood on the Sand - $7
Battlefield Bad Company - $2.50
Battlefield Bad Company 2 - $14
Blur - $18
UFC 2010 - $10

PS3:

Darksiders - $9[/QUOTE]

The fact that any 50 Cent game is worth that much is frightening.

I've unloaded A LOT lately in prep for the Halo Reach Xbox 360 console bundle and etc. etc. etc.

These are all base values from the Gamestop located in Mary Esther, FL.

:psp: PSP 1000 w/ AC power adapter - $35
:psp: Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo 1.0 GB - $2
:psp: Car power adapter - $1.75
:psp: USB Cable - $1.50
:psp: Soft carry case - $0.75

:360: Console w/ wireless controller, composite/component cable, power brick & power cable - $45
:360: 120GB HDD - $24
:360: Wireless controller - $12.75
:360: Wireless G Network Adapter - $20
:360: Wired Headset - $5
:360: Ethernet Cable - $0.65
:360: Alan Wake - $15
:360: Batman: Arkham Asylum - $11
:360: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - $18
:360: Darksiders - $8

:ps3: Infamous - $11

What on earth has Gameslop done to its product locator on the website????

now it produces a map, tells you the stores and instructs you to call for stock. Brilliant - that will kill so much business from me at B&M - online it is from now on then. Do these people really not want to have stores any more (see Blockbuster, HWV, Sears etc.)

360-Dead or alive 4 - $3.00
360-Fallout 3 - $5.00
360-Call of Duty 2 - $2.50
360-Blitz the league - $2.50
PS3-Bad company - $5.00

All base from today, after promos got about $40.

[quote name='gripper']What on earth has Gameslop done to its product locator on the website????

now it produces a map, tells you the stores and instructs you to call for stock. Brilliant - that will kill so much business from me at B&M - online it is from now on then. Do these people really not want to have stores any more (see Blockbuster, HWV, Sears etc.)[/QUOTE]

You get the same stores as you would have from the old system. It's not like there is another option other than "Call for Availability". They just made it prettier, with a map.

[quote name='gripper']What on earth has Gameslop done to its product locator on the website????

now it produces a map, tells you the stores and instructs you to call for stock. Brilliant - that will kill so much business from me at B&M [/QUOTE]

You're literally the only one.

sorry, if this has been asked before but does Gamestop stores price match deals by other stores?

I have never done that or attempted to do that before. I know Gamecrazy did that for me when I bought a console from them.

As per google search and their website it seems like a NO but I would trust CAG ppl over it.

[quote name='nightravin']360:
Data Transfer Cable $6.75
(Found out Yesterday)[/QUOTE]

I take it that its just the cable and not the disc included with older cables? I had one rotting away behind my dad's computer from when I tried to recover some deleted files. Good deal for me.

9/10/10

All base TIV

PS3:
NHL 10 : $7.00
Saints Row 2: $6.00
Tom Clancy's End War: $2.50

360:
Tekken 6: $5.00

Wii:
Winter Sports Ultimate Challenge: $3.00

-veggielasagna

Updated lists and database.

I'm having to fix the 1st post with Current Gen items every other update now. I've got two options available to me. I want some input on which everyone would prefer.

1) Keep the current sorting, but remove the BBCode for the pop-up box for each game.
2) Rearrange to these categories: 3rd Post - Xbox 360, 4th Post - Sony Items, 5th Post - Nintendo Items.

I'm personally kind of torn between the two. I really like the current groupings but I think the BBCode provides valuable information.

[quote name='JP']Updated lists and database.

I'm having to fix the 1st post with Current Gen items every other update now. I've got two options available to me. I want some input on which everyone would prefer.

1) Keep the current sorting, but remove the BBCode for the pop-up box for each game.
2) Rearrange to these categories: 3rd Post - Xbox 360, 4th Post - Sony Items, 5th Post - Nintendo Items.

I'm personally kind of torn between the two. I really like the current groupings but I think the BBCode provides valuable information.[/QUOTE]

I'd remove the popup box since the marketplace isn't fully accurate anyway.

I need a bit of help on this. I'm going to trade these (look below) games for the Halo: Reach 25% trade in. Wondering how much I would get for it in store credit, also stacking it with my Edge Card.

3rd party Xbox controller
3rd party PS2 wireless controller
Burnout Revenge (PS2)
Driv3r (PS2)
Def Jam Vendetta (PS2)
Jak 3 (PS2)
Xenosaga (PS2)
Dark Sector (PS3)
Rainbow 6 Vegas (PS3)
Warhawk (PS3)

[quote name='Yigytugd']I need a bit of help on this. I'm going to trade these (look below) games for the Halo: Reach 25% trade in. Wondering how much I would get for it in store credit, also stacking it with my Edge Card.

Burnout Revenge (PS2)
Driv3r (PS2)
Def Jam Vendetta (PS2)
Jak 3 (PS2)
Xenosaga (PS2)
Dark Sector (PS3)
Rainbow 6 Vegas (PS3)
Warhawk (PS3)[/QUOTE]

Read the OP

[quote name='Rhett']I'd remove the popup box since the marketplace isn't fully accurate anyway.[/QUOTE]
What do you mean?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Read the OP[/QUOTE]
Definitely already did, said to ask members because some do work at Gamestop and can confirm trade-in values for pricing.

[quote name='Yigytugd']I need a bit of help on this. I'm going to trade these (look below) games for the Halo: Reach 25% trade in. Wondering how much I would get for it in store credit, also stacking it with my Edge Card.

Burnout Revenge (PS2)
Driv3r (PS2)
Def Jam Vendetta (PS2)
Jak 3 (PS2)
Xenosaga (PS2)
Dark Sector (PS3)
Rainbow 6 Vegas (PS3)
Warhawk (PS3)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Yigytugd']Definitely already did, said to ask members because some do work at Gamestop and can confirm trade-in values for pricing.[/QUOTE]

Haha ... this is funny.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Definitely already did, said to ask members because some do work at Gamestop and can confirm trade-in values for pricing.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me? The TIVs on the first page AND if you look at the top of any page, you'll see a field box with "search game prices, trade-in values and more!" written in it.
Why don't you look before asking.

Also, you can call any GS and ask if you're to lazy to read.

Burnout Revenge (PS2)
Driv3r (PS2)
Def Jam Vendetta (PS2)
Jak 3 (PS2)
Xenosaga (PS2)
Dark Sector (PS3)
Rainbow 6 Vegas (PS3)
Warhawk (PS3)[/QUOTE]
Safe bet, $20 or so with bonus. They won't take the Xbox controller, your PS2 games are maybe $1-2 each, and the three PS3 games shouldn't be over $5 each.

[quote name='seanr1221']YMMV but my GS is price matching Best Buy TiVs.[/QUOTE]

I just called one Gamestop near me about that and the guy gave me a big long company line speech about how Gamestop is maybe considering something like that but they don't think they're going to because they have the better deals anyway and at Gamestop we blah blah blah, but end result being "no, not yet." Then I called another Gamestop near me and when I asked the guy about price-matching with Best Buy he was like "what do you mean" and I mentioned that Best Buy gives $12 for God of War III. Put me on hold for five minutes and came back with "yeah we can do something like that." So, that's confusing.

Do you think that if I trade in 360 games that Gamestop normally only gives $2 for, but price-match it up to $3, do you think those will actually become eligible for the 3/5 for $10/$20 deal they're offering?

[quote name='Readthepost']Are you kidding me? The TIVs on the first page AND if you look at the top of any page, you'll see a field box with "search game prices, trade-in values and more!" written in it.
Why don't you look before asking.

Also, you can call any GS and ask if you're to lazy to read.[/QUOTE]

I already know the original price for trade in for all the games for checking with that link, I'm asking what would it be with the Halo: Reach 25% and Edge add-up on top of those.

Already called my local Gamestop too and they said it shoulc be about $40 - $50 if stacked with the Halo: Reach 25% and my Edge Card but want to make sure (different Gamestop have different trade-in values depending on condition, etc.)

[quote name='rp71284']The fact that any 50 Cent game is worth that much is frightening.[/QUOTE]

BOTS was a huge surprise though that game was great!

[quote name='Yigytugd']I already know the original price for trade in for all the games for checking with that link, I'm asking what would it be with the Halo: Reach 25% and Edge add-up on top of those.[/QUOTE]

Uh, if you tell me the original price I'll do the calculation for you ;).
But if you already know that you can figure it out for yourself. Add 35% to it... (though I'm not sure if the accessories would get the 25% preorder boost).

Edit: OK, saw your post above. Different GS do not have different trade-in values based on condition. They may charge refurb fees, but the base values are not different. I'd also be wary of their "about $40 - $50" quote unless they looked up every game and actually calculated it for you. They may have just been guessing based on the number of games you listed - but many of those will have a very low value.

I was about jump in before the natives piped up, but io beat me to it. The accessories would not get the value boost from the Halo Reach bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Yigytugd']I already know the original price for trade in for all the games for checking with that link, I'm asking what would it be with the Halo: Reach 25% and Edge add-up on top of those.

Already called my local Gamestop too and they said it shoulc be about $40 - $50 if stacked with the Halo: Reach 25% and my Edge Card but want to make sure (different Gamestop have different trade-in values depending on condition, etc.)[/QUOTE]

I see, you need math help.:roll:

As for "(different Gamestop have different trade-in values depending on condition, etc.) comment....How the heck do we know the condition of your games? There is no way for us to be sure.

The best way to find out the total TIV is to go to GS and ask them.

Please stop ask us because we can't see the condition of your games.:roll:

[quote name='JP']What do you mean?[/QUOTE]

The BBcode. I don't really see a point to having the little buttons, or did you mean clicking on the games themselves? The CAG marketplace just doesn't account for every single possible value at every store/auction/website, is all.

Either way, all of your effort in keeping the lists updated is very appreciated. :D :applause:

[quote name='Rhett']The BBcode. I don't really see a point to having the little buttons, or did you mean clicking on the games themselves? The CAG marketplace just doesn't account for every single possible value at every store/auction/website, is all.[/QUOTE]
That's true. It doesn't account for all of them. My main thought when I was switching over to that style was that the TIVs listed did account for the 4 major trade-in places at the time. It also allowed for a direct viewing of Amazon values which was really the key. A lot of people are going the Amazon route and it was a way for them to directly see the Amazon value for their games without going to Amazon. It's definitely hit and miss on it's effectiveness, I will admit that. Trying to decide if it's worth all that extra loading time and what not.

I'm pretty much going to go with a majority thing on it. If a decent number of people like the BBCode style then I'll do the rearrange or vice versa.

9/10

:wii: Trauma Center New Blood - 4
:wii: Mario Power Tennis NPC - 10
:ps3: LBP GOTY - 12
:ps3: Bayonetta - 8
:ps3: Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time - 10

[quote name='io']Uh, if you tell me the original price I'll do the calculation for you ;).
But if you already know that you can figure it out for yourself. Add 35% to it... (though I'm not sure if the accessories would get the 25% preorder boost).

Edit: OK, saw your post above. Different GS do not have different trade-in values based on condition. They may charge refurb fees, but the base values are not different. I'd also be wary of their "about $40 - $50" quote unless they looked up every game and actually calculated it for you. They may have just been guessing based on the number of games you listed - but many of those will have a very low value.[/QUOTE]

K, thanks for that:) He did add them up one by one as I listed. I was thinking that I would just add 35% to the total but I think I have to do that for each game separately and than add the total. Anyways, it should still work.

Got another question though. Looks like the $40 is possible with the 25% (35% with Edge) value increase but I still might not have enough to buy a 360 250GB. Wondering if I can get a 4GB and than come back (within that month) return it (of course with everything included) and upgrade to the 250GB.

Burnout Revenge (PS2)
Driv3r (PS2)
Def Jam Vendetta (PS2)
Jak 3 (PS2)
Xenosaga (PS2)
Dark Sector (PS3)
Rainbow 6 Vegas (PS3)
Warhawk (PS3)[/QUOTE]

Here's the math lesson of the day.

3rd party Xbox controller - 0.00 (No longer accepted)
3rd party PS2 wireless controller - 3.00 (5/13/10)
Burnout Revenge (PS2) - 2.75 (2/27/10)
Driv3r (PS2) - 2.50 (10/30/09)
Def Jam Vendetta (PS2) - 2.00 (2/24/10)
Jak 3 (PS2) - 2.75 (8/30/10)
Xenosaga (PS2) - 1.50 (6/17/10)
Dark Sector (PS3) - 1.50 (7/3/10)
Rainbow 6 Vegas (PS3) - 2.50 (9/7/10)
Warhawk (PS3) - 2.50 (7/17/10)

Assuming the above values are correct (and I would say most of the figures have dropped since they were last checked)

Games
2.75 + 2.50 + 2.00 + 2.75 + 1.50 + 1.50 + 2.50 + 2.50 = 18
18 * 1.35 (25% Halo Reach bonus + 10% EDGE) = 24.30

Accessories
3.00 * 1.10 (10% EDGE) = 3.30

Total
24.30 + 3.30 = $27.60

Best case scenario you'll have $27.60 toward Halo Reach. More realistically you'll probably have about $15 - $20. Your best bet is to call a store and check some TIV's for the games whose prices haven't been updated in over a month.

Even though there are some people here who work for Gamestop, they are not going to take your list in with them to work and check all of those values just for you. JP does a great job updating the list every time someone reports their TIV's. If you want to know exactly how much credit you're going to get, I suggest you call and do some work. And if the math is too difficult for you, may I suggest using that credit towards Brain Age instead of Halo Reach.

Skate - 2.50
HAWX - 7
Civ Rev - 8
Red Faction Guerrilla - 4
Dante's Inferno - 11
Burnout Revenge - 5
Ghostbusters - 5
Chronicles of Riddick - 3
Mercenaries 2 - 3
Silent Hill Homecoming - 5
Wolfenstein - 6
Transformers Cybertron - 17

PS3
Resistance 2 - 6

Wii
SNK Arcade Classics - 2.50
SSX Blur - 1.50

PSP - Tomb Raider Anniversary - 2.50

Darn, I went to three Gamestops trying to get rid of my 4 copies of de Blob and one other game to get the 20 extra. None of them would take all of them. Its so dumb, but I guess I understand. Now what the heck am I gonna do? :(

[quote name='kataztrophik']Here's the math lesson of the day.

3rd party Xbox controller - 0.00 (No longer accepted)
3rd party PS2 wireless controller - 3.00 (5/13/10)
Burnout Revenge (PS2) - 2.75 (2/27/10)
Driv3r (PS2) - 2.50 (10/30/09)
Def Jam Vendetta (PS2) - 2.00 (2/24/10)
Jak 3 (PS2) - 2.75 (8/30/10)
Xenosaga (PS2) - 1.50 (6/17/10)
Dark Sector (PS3) - 1.50 (7/3/10)
Rainbow 6 Vegas (PS3) - 2.50 (9/7/10)
Warhawk (PS3) - 2.50 (7/17/10)

Assuming the above values are correct (and I would say most of the figures have dropped since they were last checked)

Games
2.75 + 2.50 + 2.00 + 2.75 + 1.50 + 1.50 + 2.50 + 2.50 = 18
18 * 1.35 (25% Halo Reach bonus + 10% EDGE) = 24.30

Accessories
3.00 * 1.10 (10% EDGE) = 3.30

Total
24.30 + 3.30 = $27.60

Best case scenario you'll have $27.60 toward Halo Reach. More realistically you'll probably have about $15 - $20. Your best bet is to call a store and check some TIV's for the games whose prices haven't been updated in over a month.

Even though there are some people here who work for Gamestop, they are not going to take your list in with them to work and check all of those values just for you. JP does a great job updating the list every time someone reports their TIV's. If you want to know exactly how much credit you're going to get, I suggest you call and do some work. And if the math is too difficult for you, may I suggest using that credit towards Brain Age instead of Halo Reach.[/QUOTE]

Nice one. Also yigytugd if you're typing you're messages on a PC:
Start > Run > calc on any Windows operating system gets you a calculator.

[quote name='kataztrophik']And if the math is too difficult for you, may I suggest using that credit towards Brain Age instead of Halo Reach.[/QUOTE]
:rofl: Asking some people to figure out their own trade value totals is like asking Mel Gibson to stop being an anti-Semite. They might stop for a while, but they'll go back to their old habits soon enough.
[quote name='juanawoman']Darn, I went to three Gamestops trying to get rid of my 4 copies of de Blob and one other game to get the 20 extra. None of them would take all of them. Its so dumb, but I guess I understand. Now what the heck am I gonna do? :([/QUOTE]
Where did you get four copies of one game? The store by me that takes multiples only does so when I provide them with a receipt showing where I bought them from.

Maybe one of your GS stores will allow the trading of multiples with a receipt. But that's highly YMMV as some stores are sticklers for policy. I can't say I blame them for not wanting to get in trouble, though if you could give them either a photocopy of the receipt or the original receipt itself to keep for their records that'll help your case immensely.

ds lite

30 credit
24 cash

I would rather toss it in a drawer and let it sit before selling it to gamestop for 30 cause you know they will flip it for 80 or 90

if they offered 45 or 50 would of taken it but for 24 cash would never sell it

I was able to use 25ACC and SAVER on the 250GB HDD for the Xbox Slim. Price came up to $97.49+tax.

[quote name='slidecage']ds lite

30 credit
24 cash

I would rather toss it in a drawer and let it sit before selling it to gamestop for 30 cause you know they will flip it for 80 or 90

if they offered 45 or 50 would of taken it but for 24 cash would never sell it[/QUOTE]

well, for a few weeks (ended this past Sunday) you would have received $50 with their +$20 promo...I traded in an original on Sunday for $45 and was very happy.
This week's ad highlights the new $20 drop on DSIs and XLs... they have a $60 trade in for a lite (starts Sunday) towards one of these ...
or just put it on craigs for $50 cash...it'll be gone tomorrow as most folks are unaware of the nintendo price drop...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:rofl: Asking some people to figure out their own trade value totals is like asking Mel Gibson to stop being an anti-Semite. They might stop for a while, but they'll go back to their old habits soon enough.

Where did you get four copies of one game? The store by me that takes multiples only does so when I provide them with a receipt showing where I bought them from.

Maybe one of your GS stores will allow the trading of multiples with a receipt. But that's highly YMMV as some stores are sticklers for policy. I can't say I blame them for not wanting to get in trouble, though if you could give them either a photocopy of the receipt or the original receipt itself to keep for their records that'll help your case immensely.[/QUOTE]Dang, can I ship my games to you and trade them in for me? LOL.

I got 4 copies of de Blob at Target for 4 bucks each. Thanks for the heads up about the receipt. Never would have thought of that. I will try tomorrow and see what they say.

You're welcome. It can't hurt to try and at least that way it keeps both you and the employees covered should corporate decide to raise a stink about it.

What amazes me though is that Loco Roco 2 still gets $2.50 per copy base value($3.37 after EDGE n 25% bonus) and it only sells for $10 NEW at store level.

[quote name='juanawoman']Dang, can I ship my games to you and trade them in for me? LOL.
[/QUOTE]

Seriously, IATCG, I should have shipped you my stack of NSMB's and had you trade them in for me. :lol:

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Does every Gamestop sell XBLA codes now? I want to trade in a few things to get Shank (if they have it).[/QUOTE]

A lot do but I'm not sure if it's nationwide or not. If your store has a big display in the middle of the 360 games then yes. Or call ahead to confirm.

I have been told they have more than what cards are displayed so I guess they're system will update with new stuff but they just won't be putting out new cards.

[quote name='kataztrophik']Seriously, IATCG, I should have shipped you my stack of NSMB's and had you trade them in for me. :lol:[/QUOTE]
If they came with an itemized receipt that showed quantity and possibly price and you no longer needed said receipt(in case I had to give them it for records), then yeah I would've gladly tried it(for a mere 20-30% of the total;)).
[quote name='advanced']XB360 Data Transfer Cable (in the OP as Transfer Cable) was still $6.75 as of yesterday, 9/10.[/QUOTE]
Interesting. I think I saw one of those the other night when I hit up the further Best Buy from me. It was laying out across the trash can by the store entrance, but I forgot to grab it on my way out. Free credit is free credit. I can't believe I forgot to grab the damned thing.:bomb:

Too bad the local shops wouldn't have a surplus of those so I could buy them for $1-2 each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back