GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Screw Gamestop they were gonna give me 2.50 for Resident Evil 5 for the Xbox 360 so i went ahead and sold it on ebay for a quick 14.99.... SELL on EBAY!!!!!

[quote name='salemhooper']Screw Gamestop they were gonna give me 2.50 for Resident Evil 5 for the Xbox 360 so i went ahead and sold it on ebay for a quick 14.99.... SELL on EBAY!!!!![/QUOTE]
Resident Evil 5 vanilla edition or RE5 Gold Edition?

I ask because I think Best Buy was giving $25 for the Gold Edition.

But if it was the vanilla edition you would've at least doubled Gamestop's offer($5).;)

And if you had four more games to trade with RE 5 that were over $2, you would've been given $6.50 after $4 bump with the Gamestop tiered promo going on now.:D

for those who trade in 2 used copies to get halo reach for $20 during gamestops last trade in promo---how does the dlc armor code work

did you get yours in your receipt-or r you getting it when you pick it up--or do you just not get them-

i know if you preorder it on line they give you 2 codes-an armor one and helmet one-

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Interesting. I think I saw one of those the other night when I hit up the further Best Buy from me. It was laying out across the trash can by the store entrance, but I forgot to grab it on my way out. Free credit is free credit. I can't believe I forgot to grab the damned thing.:bomb:

Too bad the local shops wouldn't have a surplus of those so I could buy them for $1-2 each.[/QUOTE]

I was surprised when I saw the value a few pages ago too, so I jumped on it. $7.4X with Edge made it more than worth my time while I was on my way to class. It's been sitting behind my computer for ages collecting dust, and ever since the USB Thumb Drive update, its unnecessary really.

[quote name='advanced']I was surprised when I saw the value a few pages ago too, so I jumped on it. $7.4X with Edge made it more than worth my time while I was on my way to class. It's been sitting behind my computer for ages collecting dust, and ever since the USB Thumb Drive update, its unnecessary really.[/QUOTE]

Awesome I wasn't even aware of that. So basically I can use any old flash drive (with the appropriate storage space of course) and transfer any such Xbox games over to my new HDD without using the transfer cable? I got a transfer cable lying around that I should trade in.

[quote name='Donut2922']Awesome I wasn't even aware of that. So basically I can use any old flash drive (with the appropriate storage space of course) and transfer any such Xbox games over to my new HDD without using the transfer cable? I got a transfer cable lying around that I should trade in.[/QUOTE]

Beware that this does not transfer the licenses so you won't be able to play your XBLA games or DLC offline doing it this way.

[quote name='salemhooper']Screw Gamestop they were gonna give me 2.50 for Resident Evil 5 for the Xbox 360 so i went ahead and sold it on ebay for a quick 14.99.... SELL on EBAY!!!!![/QUOTE]

Yes, because the one example you gave is reason enough for no one on this site to ever trade in any game to GS again. Thanks.

TIV from 9/11

360:
Fight Night Round 4 - $5
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - $9
The Saboteur - $7

PS3:
Final Fantasy XIII - $15
Rock Band 2 - $7

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yes, because the one example you gave is reason enough for no one on this site to ever trade in any game to GS again. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Also, nobody has ever heard of eBay before.

salemhooper, you've turned my life around.

[quote name='MSUHitman']A lot do but I'm not sure if it's nationwide or not. If your store has a big display in the middle of the 360 games then yes. Or call ahead to confirm.

I have been told they have more than what cards are displayed so I guess they're system will update with new stuff but they just won't be putting out new cards.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I tried calling them once but when I asked the idiot answered the phone he said "... ARCADE GAMES? What are you talking about"? after I asked if they sell Xbox Live Arcade games.
I'll try visiting later.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Anyone with extra copies of games from the TRU/halo card, trade them in? (fracture, stranglehold, sonic, ratatouille, condemned 2, spiderwick, bee movie, bionic commando...) I never trade games in so i am little confused on the whole thing. If I can get like 10 bucks for 5 games, they give you a extra 30%, 3 bucks? if so thats pretty sad :([/QUOTE]

As long as they trade in for at least $2 each, you're okay. If you have 5 games you get $20 extra trade in credit so....you're trade in value will be at least $30. If you bought the games at $3 each....that's $15 trade in credit profit. I traded in such goodies as Fallout 3 expansion pack and MOTGP08! Surprising that they held the value.

[quote name='paulwekiva']As long as they trade in for at least $2 each, you're okay. If you have 5 games you get $20 extra trade in credit so....you're trade in value will be at least $30. If you bought the games at $3 each....that's $15 trade in credit profit. I traded in such goodies as Fallout 3 expansion pack and MOTGP08! Surprising that they held the value.[/QUOTE]

Nope, trade values have to be over $2.00 to qualify for the $20 bonus. I traded in a few from TRU last week, along with some of my less wanted titles, and the $2.00 value games didn't qualify.

[quote name='advanced']@MSUHitman, they have a license transfer tool on their website, and it's pretty quick and painless, or at least I thought so. :)[/QUOTE]

Yes I know that, but you can only use that once per year. Also when you do that, you have to redownload EVERY license to the new console. If the content is currently on the HD it's quick but if you don't have the content on there you have to redownload the whole file.

Also the download queue is locked to 30 items, which is really annoying if you're a launch user like me that has to assign a bunch of stuff (which I just did in July.) Not hard just time consuming.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Thanks, I tried calling them once but when I asked the idiot answered the phone he said "... ARCADE GAMES? What are you talking about"? after I asked if they sell Xbox Live Arcade games.
I'll try visiting later.[/QUOTE]

Yea the St. Louis stores get stuff earlier than other regions it seems like (first to get the scanner by the register that has prices/trailers/pics of all games once you scan the barcode, one of the first areas with Powerup Rewards, and now I guess first with this system.)

Basically there's a huge display in the middle of the 360 games with a bunch of cards. None of the cards are scratch off like other places, just the barcode to scan. You take the card to the register, cashier scans it, you pay, and the 5x5 code to download the item is printed on your receipt with instructions to download. Instead of a sack, they put the receipt in a colored paper sleeve that also has the instructions on how to download.

I've been told they have more items than what is displayed and you can ask at the register. Currently the cards on display are the Summer of Arcade games, and DLC/online passes for Halo 3, MW 2, B:BC 2, all the EA Sports online passes, UFC 2010, LFD 2, Borderlands, Fallout 3, and AC 2.

9/11/2010 TRADE IN VALUES (BASE):

(PS3)

-Resident Evil 5: $7.00
-Blazblue: Calamity Trigger $6.00

(Wii)

-House Of The Dead 2 & 3 Return: $8.00

[quote name='rp71284']You can do them at the same time, but they're not supposed to both apply. Like for example, if you traded in 4 games, and 1 was the $25 promo and the other 3 went to the 3/$10, that would work. You'd get 1 promo for 1 game, and another promo for the other 3.

But if you were trading 3 of the $25 promo games, you wouldn't get an extra $3.33 (for 3/$10) on top of the $25 + EDGE.

Trust me, unless you're in NY (which is kinda a whole diff story with GS) or somebody messed up, it shouldn't happen. It's always a promo + EDGE. Not as many promos as you can get + EDGE.

Another example. You would have seen a million posts about people getting 55% + EDGE last week with the 25% towards a pre-order + 30% potential tiered trade. Something like Madden 11 (with 4 other games) would have been worth $25 + $2.50 EDGE + $6.13 for 25% + $7.50 for 30% = $41.13.

On last example. I was in the store last week to dump NHL 10 & NHL 2k10 for the 2 for $40 towards Halo Reach promo. When they initially scanned my games, they popped up with 10% + 10% EDGE for the tiered promo (didn't have a 3rd game to get to 20%). When that happened, I told the sales guy and he found the little UPC for the 2/$40 promo, which changed the values from 10% + 10% EDGE to $20 + 10% EDGE.

Look, I'm not trying to flat out say you're wrong, but umm, you're wrong. No offense.[/QUOTE]

I am from NYC, I will go tomorrow and let you know how it goes but I
done it with 3 games before, all I had to do was mention it to the general manager and he told the clerk to do it. I am now going with 7 games with some getting nearly 20+ in value should be the same again, of course you don't see threads about it because none of you here are selling those 7 specific games I am going in there with.

I am expecting to pay from 0 bucks to 20 bucks for the Move package after taking advantage of the deals, I will tell you how it goes tomorrow, oh and it isn't about being wrong but rather that I am
telling you that I done this before here in NYC Gamestops, maybe you can't do it where you at?

[quote name='Killagamer']I am from NYC, I will go tomorrow and let you know how it goes but I
done it with 3 games before, all I had to do was mention it to the general manager and he told the clerk to do it. I am now going with 7 games with some getting nearly 20+ in value should be the same again, of course you don't see threads about it because none of you here are selling those 7 specific games I am going in there with.

I am expecting to pay from 0 bucks to 20 bucks for the Move package after taking advantage of the deals, I will tell you how it goes tomorrow, oh and it isn't about being wrong but rather that I am
telling you that I done this before here in NYC Gamestops, maybe you can't do it where you at?[/QUOTE]

When and where? I want to watch.

To those asking about buying dlc and arcade games... All stores not on broadband sell them. My understanding is that some stores are in areas where they do not have broadband internet access. In those stores they do not have the ability to activate the cards and therefore do not sell them. It would be the same stores which do not sell the cards for Facebook games and the many "free to play" games with prepaid cards.

I don't have a DS right now, but I need to find some stuff to trade in towards Etrian Odyssey III. I never picked up the first 2 games & regret it now. Dang you Atlus for publishing these addicting dungeon crawlers!!!

*looks @ copies of Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey & Dark Spire just waiting to be played*

Trades from today (11-Sept):

:360:
Brave: A Warrior's Tale - $2.50
Bully - $8
Lego Rock Band - $5

:wii:
Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader: Game Time - $5
Top Spin 3 - $4

:ps3:
Bioshock - $7
Damnation - $4
Darksiders - $9
Pure - $5

[quote name='MSUHitman']Beware that this does not transfer the licenses so you won't be able to play your XBLA games or DLC offline doing it this way.[/QUOTE]

Didn't know that - good to know! Maybe I should keep my cable after all. Hrm - decision time.

[quote name='flagg1216']To those asking about buying dlc and arcade games... All stores not on broadband sell them. My understanding is that some stores are in areas where they do not have broadband internet access. In those stores they do not have the ability to activate the cards and therefore do not sell them. It would be the same stores which do not sell the cards for Facebook games and the many "free to play" games with prepaid cards.[/QUOTE]
Thanks a bunch!! My GS gave me one of those zombie game things for Facebook, so I'm going to assume they sell the codes.

Also I'm sure it's safe to assume they'll have Shank.

9/11/2010 - All prices before any bonuses.

Playstation 3
-----------------------------------------------------
2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa - $10
Blur - $22
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - $20
Dead Space - $6
God of War: Collection - $9
God of War III - $8
Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection - 4
Pure - $5
Singstar - $2
Split/Second - $20

PSP
-----------------------------------------------------
Pursuit Force Extreme Justice - $1.50
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow - $3

Base TiVs from (9/8/10)

:360:
Ben 10: Alien Force Attacks - $5.00
Brave: A Warrior's Tale - $2.50
Brutal Legend - $5.00
Golden Axe: Beast Rider - $2.50
The Orange Box - $7.00
Hannah Montana: The Movie - $4.00
Konami Classics Vol. 1 - $4.00
Konami Classics Vol. 2 - $4.00
The Saboteur - $7.00
Splinter Cell: Double Agent - $2.50
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania - $5.00

:ps3:
Darksiders - $9.00

HDMI Cable - $5.25

Base TIVs 9/12/10

XBOX 360:
Beautiful Katamari $9.00
Dead Space $6.00
Final Fantasy 13 $14.00
Halo 3 $5.00
Halo ODST $9.00
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction $10.00

[quote name='lakers4life24']Are all the values in cash or store credit?[/QUOTE]
:roll: When people say base trade value it's in STORE CREDIT. If you want to take cash it's 20% LESS and no promos can apply, though you CAN use EDGE to bump it 10% and thus make it only 10% off for taking cash.

[quote name='lakers4life24']Are all the values in cash or store credit?[/QUOTE]

Cash = 20% less than every value you see here
I'm sure anybody on CAG will give you more than GS will in cash. Just saying.

[quote name='tunavi']So I'm not quite sure I get this. If I trade in ODST to buy reach, how much do I save?[/QUOTE]

Reach will still come out to $52-ish, assuming all the promos and the ODST TIV is still valid.

I myself traded in ODST a few days ago, since I never play it actually, so go ahead and do it if you're trying to figure out what to do. I usually feel a hint of regret or massive regret after trading in any of my games; I didn't feel that at all with ODST.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Reach will still come out to $52-ish, assuming all the promos and the ODST TIV is still valid.

I myself traded in ODST a few days ago, since I never play it actually, so go ahead and do it if you're trying to figure out what to do. I usually feel a hint of regret or massive regret after trading in any of my games; I didn't feel that at all with ODST.[/QUOTE]

Ah well then, I'm keeping ODST/Mythic Maps, I would regret it so much.

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']Might be a dumb question, but if I trade in 8 games do I get $30 extra dollars though? Or does it just go ontop of the +20?[/QUOTE]
You'll only get that 20 bonus, it doesn't stack like that if you trade them in all at once.

Although, you COULD do separate transactions, that would benefit you more.

Trade in 5 games, get that $20 bonus, then the other 3, get that other $10.

... unless that's exactly what you were asking. In that case, yes, you should do that.

To be on the safe side, I'd do both of them separately on different days.

As of 9/10

PS2: (all ps2 base TIVs different from op)
Crash of the titans: 3.50
Spongebob: Revenge of the Flying Dutchman 2.25
Monster 4x4: Masters of Metal: 1.50
Midnight Club 3: Dub Remix 3.50

Xbox 360:
Bioshock: $4

PS3:
Bayonetta: $8
Guitar Hero Van Halen: $7
Darksiders: $9

did this today traded in about 9 games that weren't worth much for around $90 so I could send my brother a copy of Halo Reach which he can't afford. Now we can play together on live woot. He really needs to get a job already

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']yea that's what Iwas asking haha I'll see what happens haha[/QUOTE]

Even though it doesn't seem to apply to your case, I thought I'd mention it - I traded in about 15 games last week using this, and it didn't stack correctly all on one transaction. I think it gave me the bonus on 2 sets, but not 3. So we just did them all separate.

If you are finished with it or don't want it anymore, go ahead and trade it in instead of holding on to it. The longer you hold on to it, the more the value will drop. Unless you are waiting for a specific 25% power trade promo for a game you are wanting to preorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back