GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
i have not stepped foot inside gamestop for close to 5 monthes now. Their new business model with these rewards and axeing the coupons and cutting trade in values below the 30% what they sell it for line is pathetic.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']i have not stepped foot inside gamestop for close to 5 monthes now. Their new business model with these rewards and axeing the coupons and cutting trade in values below the 30% what they sell it for line is pathetic.[/QUOTE]

+1

ugh cant stand gamestop, btw if anyone cares Amazon is currently paying $25.xx for MW2 ;)

[quote name='Velo214']it still works when you renew it. it stops working online when your edge would have expired. just wait...[/QUOTE]

Mine expired in September but maybe it doesn't expire until the end of September. So you're probably right. I'll see in a week. That's pretty stupid if true.:bomb:

Traded in following for extra $20.00

Gears of War 2 - $4
bad Company 1 - $2.50
Far Cry 2 - $4
Brutal Legend - $5
Assassins Creed - $2.50

[quote name='FArgus']Is the modern warfare 2 value across the board for all versions? (hardened, etc.)[/QUOTE]

Yes it's the same for all versions. They VERY rarely give different amounts for collector's versions. Exceptions are Battlefield: Bad Company 1 Gold Edition, RE 5 Gold Edition on PS3 only, and the 2K GotY Editions (Oblivion, Fallout 3, and soon Borderlands.)

All of these came in from this morning:

:ps2:
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness - $3.25
Odin Sphere - $3.50
Shadow of the Colossus - $5.00
Ico - $13.50

:360:
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole - $14.00

:wii:
Disney Guilty Party - $12.00
Batman: The Brave and The Bold - $12.00

:ds:
Galactic Taz Ball -$4.00

TIVs from today:

360:
Halo 3: ODST - $7.00

PS3:
Resident Evil 5 - $8.00
Darksiders - $7.00
Assassin's Creed - $3.00
SOCOM: Confrontation - $2.50

[quote name='JP'] Originally Posted by Anonymous GameStop Employee
The next trade promo starting Monday and going three weeks is trade 3 get 20% more. The power trades are 25% more when trading towards Dead Rising 2, Fallout New Vegas and Kinect Products.
[/QUOTE]

This could be some okay trade-in action, but why do they want me to cancel my pre-order to try to take advantage of the 25% bonus again? It's evil, trying to capture that sweet $10 in credit or so.

just called and surprised with high tiv's, hopefully hold til tomorrow when i dump some games.
ps3 scene it big screen bright lights - $5
ps3 Cloudy w chance of MeatBalls - $6
peace

I would like to trade in an old Xbox 360 toward a 4GB slim one. Is there likely to be a promotion between now and the end of the year that would increase the system's trade-in value?

[quote name='eastx']I would like to trade in an old Xbox 360 toward a 4GB slim one. Is there likely to be a promotion between now and the end of the year that would increase the system's trade-in value?[/QUOTE]

According to the first post of the thread, the next round of promotions include an extra $25 trade-in credit for systems (including Xbox 360s).

I think that's probably the best you'll get right now until the end of the year.

9/23 TIVs
wii
winter sports ultimate challenge 3.00
house of the dead 2 & 3 return 8.00
star wars the force unleashed 5.00
lego indiana jones (original) 6.00
bleach: shattered blade 7.00

9/24
street fighter iv 2.50
tomb raider underworld 2.50
tekken 6 5.00
viva pinata 2.50
lego star wars original trilogy 5.00
command & conquer red alert 3 5.00
assassin's creed 2.50

ps3
rainbow six vegas 2 7.00
far cry 2 5.00

9/25
wii
tiger woods 2009 all play 6.00
big brain academy wii degree 6.00

wet 6.00
brutal legend 5.00
condemned criminal origins 2.00
conan 2.00
viva pinata party animals 2.00

PS3
lego star wars complete saga 11.00
rainbow six vegas 2.50
fear 5.00
enchanted arms 3.00

[quote name='Toss']9/23 TIVs
wii
winter sports ultimate challenge 3.00
house of the dead 2 & 3 return 8.00
star wars the force unleashed 5.00
lego indiana jones (original) 6.00
bleach: shattered blade 7.00

9/24
street fighter iv 2.50
tomb raider underworld 2.50
tekken 6 5.00
viva pinata 2.50
lego star wars original trilogy 5.00
command & conquer red alert 3 5.00
assassin's creed 2.50

ps3
rainbow six vegas 2 7.00
far cry 2 5.00

9/25
wii
tiger woods 2009 all play 6.00
big brain academy wii degree 6.00

wet 6.00
brutal legend 5.00
condemned criminal origins 2.00
conan 2.00
viva pinata party animals 2.00

PS3
lego star wars complete saga 11.00
rainbow six vegas 2.50
fear 5.00
enchanted arms 3.00[/QUOTE]

wow, what was your total after all of that?

hehe including some other cords and stuff a little over two hundo :) I didn't trade in the 2.00 games. Saved them for a future promo that they will qualify for.

Traded these in yesterday, 9/25:

:360: Bass Pro Shops: The Strike (game only) - $8
:360: Street Fighter 4 - $2.50
:360: Ninja Gaiden 2 - $3
:360: Qubed - $2.50
:wii: Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 - $8

And checked these by phone:
:360: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes - $6
:360: Shaun White Snowboarding - $2

Trade values as of 9/25

:360: Eat Lead: Return of Matt Hazard - $3.00
:360: Medal of Honor: Airborne - $5.00
:wii: Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition - $5.00
:wii: Medal of Honor Heroes 2 - $7.00
:wii: Cooking Mama: Cook Off - $6.00

TIVs from today -
x360 saints row - 2.50
x360 saints row 2 - 5.00
ps3 Transformers RotF - 9.00
ps3 Cloudy with Chance of Meatballs - 6.00
ps3 Scene It Bright Lights Big Screen - 5.00

9/26:

PS3:
Assassin's Creed: 3.00

Wii:
De Blob: 4.00
New Super Mario Bros: 25.00

360:
Orange Box: 7.00
Halo 3: 4.00
Mass Effect: 5.00

DS:
Mystery Case Files Millionheir: 3.00

Gamecube:
Simpsons Hit and Run: 3.25

PS2:
God of War: 2.25

[quote name='Velo214']TIVs from today -
x360 saints row - 2.50
x360 saints row 2 - 5.00[/QUOTE]

Ouch. I assume those two are the ones that Amazon rejected and opened when their TIV's on the SR 2-pack and other recent release games/game bundles were glitched to 2-3x the MSRP?

Anybody have an idea of where I can get the coupon for "extra $25 bonus when trading in a console"? If anyone has traded, do you need the coupon or is it simply a promo?

:360:
N3: Ninety Nine Nights - $2.00
Heroes Over Europe - $8.00

:wii:
The Lord of The Rings: Aragorn's Quest - $18.00

:ps3:
PS3 Move Eye Camera - $10.00 (this is just the PS Eye camera now re-labeled for use on the PS Move)

[quote name='lilbrad333']the same deals except the 10/20 dollar deal[/QUOTE]

What??? No Trade in 2 and get 40 off a new game. I want Medal of Horror.

Quick question, does gamestop still accept games with no case or manual? I want to pick up RE5 Gold and trade in my current copy of RE5. Problem is, I have the collector's version of RE5 and want to keep the tin case.

Edit: nvm, read the faq... not to mention the shitty TIV

yep sure thing for the saints row. oh well. 7.50 +8(tiv bonus) so 15.50, at least i got 1/2 my 30 back. and i just gave them disks only without the case so it counted as 2 games, all good.

[quote name='breakin2']You're the man![/QUOTE]
Man, was looking for a good promo to offload a few 360 titles from a certain retailer (wink, wink) but even with the tiered trade, it's like pennies and Qubed doesn't even have a value lol. Maybe I'll just use the credit to re-up my GI sub.
http://moviesonlinefree.biz

[quote name='lencoo12']Man, was looking for a good promo to offload a few 360 titles from a certain retailer (wink, wink) but even with the tiered trade, it's like pennies and Qubed doesn't even have a value lol. Maybe I'll just use the credit to re-up my GI sub.[/QUOTE]

Qubed trades in for $2.50 without edge. The tiered trade isn't bad for older games that still have above $2 in value. I got $80 in credit from $30 spent at BBV. Not bad at all.

I'm a couple days late, but these prices should be more recent than what's posted. I traded these in Mary Esther, FL on Sept. 21st. It turned out pretty decent due to the extra $20 for trading five.

:360: Soul Calibur IV $5
:360: Halo 3: ODST $8
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Regular Edition) $14
:360: Red Faction: Guerrilla $4
:360: Prototype $5 (this is was actually my free copy I received for purchasing Singularity, and it was just in a cardboard sleeve.)

[quote name='yruluis']Anybody have an idea of where I can get the coupon for "extra $25 bonus when trading in a console"? If anyone has traded, do you need the coupon or is it simply a promo?[/QUOTE]

Since the coupons have barcodes, I think you'd need the coupons.

But does anyone know if they're actually out yet?

[quote name='yruluis']Anybody have an idea of where I can get the coupon for "extra $25 bonus when trading in a console"? If anyone has traded, do you need the coupon or is it simply a promo?[/QUOTE]

I agree, where do we get the coupons on the front page? they weren't included in my weekly email and not on the site. Is this a book in store that we have to pick up?

Originally Posted by JP
Originally Posted by Anonymous GameStop Employee
The next trade promo starting Monday and going three weeks is trade 3 get 20% more. The power trades are 25% more when trading towards Dead Rising 2, Fallout New Vegas and Kinect Products.

These new promos end 10/17 .. so there's still a shot for the ever-so-hopeful Trade 2, Save $40 towards Fable III/Fallout: New Vegas promo. I wish it were now though, this credit is burning a hole in my pocket.

[quote name='labrat34']Base TiV 9-27-10

Halo Reach $30 (nice!)
Timeshift $1.50

New Super Mario Bros Wii $25[/QUOTE]

Wow $30 for Halo Reach, with EDGE and 25% bonus, thats 40.50 TIV... may just have to trade in my copy as well LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back