GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Used the Dead Rising 2 promo and edge card

bioshock -$4 -$ 5.40
bioshock 2 -$8 -$10.80
bad company 2 -$10 -$13.50
mass effect 2 -$5 -$ 6.75
halo 3 odst -$15 -$20.25
fallout 3 -$5 -$ 6.75
mario galaxy -$12 -$16.20

side note
on the receipt it said "forza 3/halo 3 odst" no idea why though

possibly the combo pack has a lower TIV than odst by itself?
they did that to me the last time I traded in; counted lego batman and pure as the combo even though they were disc only in separate cases.

[quote name='jkanownik']:360: Medal of Honor - $23

It would have been nice to know about the crappy trade in value before I bought it.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to Gamestop. The trade in value plummeted as soon as he rang it up.

[quote name='jkanownik']:360: Medal of Honor - $23

It would have been nice to know about the crappy trade in value before I bought it.[/QUOTE]

That's the highest TIV after promo's right now. Amazon is only at $24 LOL

[quote name='n00bie']Welcome to Gamestop. The trade in value plummeted as soon as he rang it up.[/QUOTE]

$23 is not normal for a title billed as a AAA release right after launch.

[quote name='jkanownik']$23 is not normal for a title billed as a AAA release right after launch.[/QUOTE]

u gotta remember they gonna be selling it for a little less used because of the online pass for$10 from ea

New promos.
[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']trade 3 for 20% continues

trade in any used system towards a new one for extra $10.

10% off any used games with purchase of a system (no stipulations that i'm aware of)

weaksauce:cry:[/QUOTE]

Base TiV 10/15/10 -

360 - Toy Story 3 - $17
360 - Spiderman Shattered Dimensions - $18
PS3 - Killzone 2 - $6

Also noticed a flyer advertizing 25% bonus on tradeins towards Fable 3, Fallout NV, and Star Wars TFU2, ending 10/31.

Base TIV's From today
Kane&Lynch 2 - $10
Halo Reach - $30
DS
FF: Chocobo Tales - $1.50
Populus- $1.50
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth - $6
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow - $6
Hotel Dusk - Room 215 - $1.50
PSP
Persona 3 Portable - $12

Base TIV 10/15/10

PS3
Brutal Legend - $4
Burnout Paradise - $6
Heavy Rain - $15
Dante's Inferno - $7
Godfather II - $6

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Kind of annoyed that base prices aren't on my receipt anymore so I have to do 1st grade math to get them :([/QUOTE]
Wait....what? They don't show the base prices anymore on the receipts? That's fuckin' stupid, if true. But then again I usually ask what the values are as they're scanning them so I can figure out each one as they go.;)

Updated lists and database. Also, has anyone else encountered the no base price on receipt thing? I haven't traded in at GameStop for about a month or so and was curious.

I haven't traded in anything since my last 5-6 pack of Loco Roco 2's and that was over a month ago easily, probably before they rolled out the PowerUp Rewards program around here.

tiv october 15 2010
gamestop

tomb raider underworld 2.50 - 3.00
force unleashed sith edition 18.00 - 21.60
skate 2 6.00 - 7.20
prince of persia 2.50 - 3.00
fable 2 2.50 - 3.00
dead rising 5.00 - 6.00
borderlands 9.00 - 10.80
bioshock 4.00 - 4.80
assasins creed 2.00 - 2.40

total 61.80

kind of crazy how bad tiv's are. i added it up in amazon and would have gotten 64.50... without 20% bonus.

on a side note, how long does it take to be able to post these prices in the live tracker?

[quote name='imkevin810']on a side note, how long does it take to be able to post these prices in the live tracker?[/QUOTE]
What do you mean?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wait....what? They don't show the base prices anymore on the receipts? That's fuckin' stupid, if true. But then again I usually ask what the values are as they're scanning them so I can figure out each one as they go.;)[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it's everywhere, but at least on mine it didn't. It shows how much each promo added to the total amount then it shows the total after promos, but no base.

[quote name='JP']What do you mean?[/QUOTE]

i tried to upload the prices in the tiv tracker and it said try again soon they dont let new people upload prices to keep it accurate.

dont know why anyone would want to tamper with it but i guess some people are odd.

[quote name='imkevin810']dont know why anyone would want to tamper with it but i guess some people are odd.[/QUOTE]
You would be surprised how many people try to screw with the prices on a regular basis. All price updates go into a moderation queue until they are verified. That process is mainly used to weed out the Halo 3 $9999.99 inputs and stuff like that.

damnit why did they have to extend the 20% promo, i was hoping for something better. guess i'll probably trade my games in today since gs is the best option at the moment and the games i have will probably drop down in value by the time a new one starts

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Amazon's price will likely go up, as it always does. Enslaved was around $26 a few days ago, now it's at $39.[/QUOTE]

yup. Most new games start at $25 and then fluctuate up or down a few weeks later. Its been like this for a long time now.

Little more information on the new promos.

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']The 10 bonus on system and save 10% when buying a system are together.

The 25% Power trades are Call of Duty, Fallout, Fable 3 and kinect.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']argh, I'm kicking myself for not locking in Amazon's trade-in value of $32.50 for Shattered Dimensions. They dropped it down to $20.[/QUOTE]
The TIV at FYE should be around $32($31.75 according to SecondSpin.com) and that's cash, credit would be I believe 20% more or so without having to have their discount card.

Just in case you want another option besides Amazon or GS. Toys R' Us and Best Buy's values are between $23 and $26.

Monster Hunter Tri - 13 (I think, reciept is screwy where the price is)
Puzzle Quest 2 - 9.10
Demons Soul - 11.70
CoD: MW2 - 16.90
Blur - 19.50 (Not bad, I got this at BB for $10 during that awesome deal)
Transformers Cybertron - 19.50
Sonic Ult. Gensis Coll. - 7.80
Katamari Forever - 16.90
Monster Madness Grave Danger - 2.60
Little Big Planet GOTY - 15.60
New Super Mario Bros Wii. - 32.50

Base TIV as of 10/15/10:

:ds:

Dragon Quest IX - $16
Mario & Luigi: Browser's Inside Story - $15
New Super Mario Bros - $17
Professor Layton & the Unwound Future - $20

DAMMIT!!!
mario luigi bowser's inside story - 15! :( - I have 2 more to unload still!
ICO - 12
Lego star wars complete saga 360 - 12

Updated lists and database.

Please post the base values and what console they are for.
[quote name='Algertman']Monster Hunter Tri - 13 (I think, reciept is screwy where the price is)
Puzzle Quest 2 - 9.10
Demons Soul - 11.70
CoD: MW2 - 16.90
Blur - 19.50 (Not bad, I got this at BB for $10 during that awesome deal)
Transformers Cybertron - 19.50
Sonic Ult. Gensis Coll. - 7.80
Katamari Forever - 16.90
Monster Madness Grave Danger - 2.60
Little Big Planet GOTY - 15.60
New Super Mario Bros Wii. - 32.50[/QUOTE]

MoH on PS3- $23

No I didn't trade it in, it was a quote given to the kid in line in front of me in store. I am currently renting the title from Blockbuster if you're looking at my trophy list.

[quote name='MSUHitman']MoH on PS3- $23

No I didn't trade it in, it was a quote given to the kid in line in front of me in store. I am currently renting the title from Blockbuster if you're looking at my trophy list.[/QUOTE]

wtf, why is that so low? I want to trade it in either GS or AMazon in a few weeks till I platinum it since its pretty lame and maybe buy COD7 or something. $23 is a joke though. Atleast should be mid $40s...

[quote name='darknight88']wtf, why is that so low? I want to trade it in either GS or AMazon in a few weeks till I platinum it since its pretty lame and maybe buy COD7 or something. $23 is a joke though. Atleast should be mid $40s...[/QUOTE]

No base TIV at Gamestop is more than $30. Most new releases on PS360 now are anywhere from $20-$25 at launch. You have to stack with the percentage promos to get $30-$35 for it.

Also I can confirm the base TIV's no longer show on the receipts in St. Louis. You have to add up the promos and subtract from the total on the right to get the base value.

[quote name='MSUHitman']No base TIV at Gamestop is more than $30. Most new releases on PS360 now are anywhere from $20-$25 at launch. You have to stack with the percentage promos to get $30-$35 for it.

Also I can confirm the base TIV's no longer show on the receipts in St. Louis. You have to add up the promos and subtract from the total on the right to get the base value.[/QUOTE]

well, that sucks.
anyone willing to join me in writing GameStop?
Enough unhappy customers write and this no cost change back should happen....

[quote name='donut']well, that sucks.
anyone willing to join me in writing GameStop?
Enough unhappy customers write and this no cost change back should happen....[/QUOTE]
That is retarded. Gamestop's trade-in service is just that, a service. To write and complain about them not putting the base trade-in value on the receipt is... futile, at best.

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']That is retarded. Gamestop's trade-in service is just that, a service. To write and complain about them not putting the base trade-in value on the receipt is... futile, at best.[/QUOTE]

I actually give GS a lil more credit than you.
Few hundred customers write about a POS change that can easily be reversed to make them happy for free...
I think it will happen ... but no not if only a couple write in.
and pretty please rethink the use of retarded.

[quote name='MSUHitman']
Also I can confirm the base TIV's no longer show on the receipts in St. Louis. You have to add up the promos and subtract from the total on the right to get the base value.[/QUOTE]

lol it makes sense.

They don't like these threads, if people check a TIV on here and it's too low they don't come into the store. People who come into the store to check are more likely to say "fuck it" and trade it in even if they don't like the value. And more likely to spend money.

[quote name='donut']I actually give GS a lil more credit than you.
Few hundred customers write about a POS change that can easily be reversed to make them happy for free...
I think it will happen ... but no not if only a couple write in.
and pretty please rethink the use of retarded.[/QUOTE]
Sorry Hillary Duff.

It is not in Gamestop's interest to put the base value on receipts. Why do you think they changed it?

Will Gamestop take in a RROD Xbox 360? I know I wouldn't get much for it, but it's something. Plus I can trade in the hard drive, controllers, wireless, etc. to get more towards a new system w/kinect.

[quote name='kylerg']Are they extending the +20%?[/QUOTE]
Yes

[quote name='jer7583']They don't like these threads, if people check a TIV on here and it's too low they don't come into the store. People who come into the store to check are more likely to say "fuck it" and trade it in even if they don't like the value. And more likely to spend money.[/QUOTE]
I think you give GameStop too much credit. I doubt these threads or the TIV tracker bother them much at all. The people who use this kind of thread or the TIV tracker are the people who know how to work the system. I'd say about 80% of their trades are kids/parents or people who just don't care. If it really did is that they would contact CheapyD and request that he not host the data. They have spent a lot of advertising money here.

I think the more likely scenario is that they are trying to cut even more costs and one area is in the paper rolls. A trade-in of just 7 games, if they cut out the price/promo breakdowns on the printout, that receipt size is cut in half if not more.

[quote name='kak23']Will Gamestop take in a RROD Xbox 360? I know I wouldn't get much for it, but it's something. Plus I can trade in the hard drive, controllers, wireless, etc. to get more towards a new system w/kinect.[/QUOTE]
They no longer take in the RROD consoles. You can trade in the components on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back