GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='darknight88']wtf, why is that so low? I want to trade it in either GS or AMazon in a few weeks till I platinum it since its pretty lame and maybe buy COD7 or something. $23 is a joke though. Atleast should be mid $40s...[/QUOTE]

When have you ever seen a $60 game with a mid-40s TIV??

10/16/2010

Halo Reach - $30
Ncaa Football 2009 PS3 - $.50
NFS: Most Wanted PS2 - $2.25
Yakuza PS2 - $1.75
Daxter PSP - $.50
Madden 2011 360 - $25
New Super Mario Bros. Wii - $25
Mario Galaxy 2 Wii - $25

[quote name='darknight88']wtf, why is that so low? I want to trade it in either GS or AMazon in a few weeks till I platinum it since its pretty lame and maybe buy COD7 or something. $23 is a joke though. Atleast should be mid $40s...[/QUOTE]

Uh...you do realize how GS works, right? They make the vast majority of their profits from the sale of used games. They are not going to give you $40+ for a game. If you want that much, cut out the middle man and sell it yourself.

[quote name='JP']I think you give GameStop too much credit. I doubt these threads or the TIV tracker bother them much at all. The people who use this kind of thread or the TIV tracker are the people who know how to work the system. I'd say about 80% of their trades are kids/parents or people who just don't care. If it really did is that they would contact CheapyD and request that he not host the data. They have spent a lot of advertising money here.[/QUOTE]

100% on all accounts.

[quote name='James161324']Any chance they will be doing an trade in deal with Fable III or did i already miss it.[/QUOTE]

Just a 25% Power Trade for Fable III. Lame.

Yea I don't really follow tiv threads but roughly $20ish for a game less then a week or so old??? WTF. I mean they go back to sell it for $49.99-$54 used I though they would trade for a little more. I wasn't aware that GS was making 2x profit off used titles. I knew they made profits before hand but not that excessive ,damn.

[quote name='darknight88']Yea I don't really follow tiv threads but roughly $20ish for a game less then a week or so old??? WTF. I mean they go back to sell it for $49.99-$54 used I though they would trade for a little more. I wasn't aware that GS was making 2x profit off used titles. I knew they made profits before hand but not that excessive ,damn.[/QUOTE]
That assumes that every copy they get in for the $20 range gets sold at the higher price. Especially with EA titles now because of the online pass that is only good with new purchases, otherwise you have another $10 cost through live.

If you want to swap 360s, can you transfer info from the HDD at the store or something?

I would I move my info before doing a trade for a new system.

[quote name='darknight88']Yea I don't really follow tiv threads but roughly $20ish for a game less then a week or so old??? WTF. I mean they go back to sell it for $49.99-$54 used I though they would trade for a little more. I wasn't aware that GS was making 2x profit off used titles. I knew they made profits before hand but not that excessive ,damn.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JP']That assumes that every copy they get in for the $20 range gets sold at the higher price. Especially with EA titles now because of the online pass that is only good with new purchases, otherwise you have another $10 cost through live.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, JP. You're beating me to punch, though, so shame on you. But yeah, everyone always seems to be assume that GS is making huge profits off every, single game they take in. Doesn't happen. Ever see the stacks and stacks of a particular game? They aren't making any profit off of them as they sit there and rot. Or the used game you might buy for $20 may very well have been traded in months ago for $30.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Also I can confirm the base TIV's no longer show on the receipts in St. Louis. You have to add up the promos and subtract from the total on the right to get the base value.[/QUOTE]

No no... you just multiply the powerUp/edge bonus by 10 - just move the decimal point one digit to the right in your mind :)

Today's the last day for the 25% Power trade towards Black Ops/Fallout New Vegas/etc. Wonder if they are going to extend it or have a new trade in deal on Monday that's similar to the trade 2 for $40 offer like they did for Halo Reach?

:360: Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires - 9.00
:360: Dynasty Warriors 6 - 7.00
:360: Battlefield: BC2 - 10.00
:360: Alan Wake - 14.00
:360: Transformers: WfC - 15.00
:360: Halo 3: ODST - 6.00
:360: Fallout 3: Broken / Pt. Lookout - 6.00

10/17: $67 x 1.2 = $80.40

[quote name='JP']Updated lists and database.

Please post the base values and what console they are for.[/QUOTE]

Only shows the price AFTER the Edge and Promo bump. All PS3 except the ones that are obviously not.

Base Trade-in Values as of 10/16/2010:

iconps3.gif
Yakuza 3 - $14
iconps3.gif
Soldier of Fortune Pay Back - $3
iconps3.gif
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - $6
iconps3.gif
Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days - $10
iconps3.gif
Prototype - $7
iconps3.gif
Battlefield Bad Company 2 - $12
iconps3.gif
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - $13

[quote name='JP']That assumes that every copy they get in for the $20 range gets sold at the higher price. Especially with EA titles now because of the online pass that is only good with new purchases, otherwise you have another $10 cost through live.[/QUOTE]

Well I went to my local store today (I work right next to it) and they told me they had copies of Medal of Honor and Castlevania on 360 traded in on Saturday afternoon and they were gone early on Sunday so people are probably buying them without realizing the online pass thing. It's not as bad on MoH as it just limits how many maps you can play on and you don't have early access for some weapons or the Battlefield 3 beta.

This was as the employee was putting out a used copy of Enslaved for PS3 on the floor. They also have 5 or so used copies of Reach available. MO is not one of the states that makes them hold onto the game for 15 days before selling it.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Well I went to my local store today (I work right next to it) and they told me they had copies of Medal of Honor and Castlevania on 360 traded in on Saturday afternoon and they were gone early on Sunday so people are probably buying them without realizing the online pass thing. It's not as bad on MoH as it just limits how many maps you can play on and you don't have early access for some weapons or the Battlefield 3 beta.

This was as the employee was putting out a used copy of Enslaved for PS3 on the floor. They also have 5 or so used copies of Reach available. MO is not one of the states that makes them hold onto the game for 15 days before selling it.[/QUOTE]

I think it would be better if you couldn't play online with buying a new copy. It would at least help lower suicide rates.

I dunno, this thread has almost 120k views since august.

If only 60k of those were people checking TIVs that's a considerable amount for 2 months time even for a chain as big as gamestop.

Even if that boils down to 5k people who may have not visited a local store because of this thread or the values in it that's not seen as positive to them. Otherwise they'd just put those trade in values on their website. It's all in a database anyway.

I'd say it might be a mix of both reducing receipt size and discouraging TIV recording. But mine is more just a conspiracy theory thing.

[quote name='jer7583']I dunno, this thread has almost 120k views since august.

If only 60k of those were people checking TIVs that's a considerable amount for 2 months time even for a chain as big as gamestop.

Even if that boils down to 5k people who may have not visited a local store because of this thread or the values in it that's not seen as positive to them. Otherwise they'd just put those trade in values on their website. It's all in a database anyway.

I'd say it might be a mix of both reducing receipt size and discouraging TIV recording. But mine is more just a conspiracy theory thing.[/QUOTE]

yeah but its a damn good theory!

[quote name='Jerajdai']Today's the last day for the 25% Power trade towards Black Ops/Fallout New Vegas/etc. Wonder if they are going to extend it or have a new trade in deal on Monday that's similar to the trade 2 for $40 offer like they did for Halo Reach?[/QUOTE]

Fable III, Star Wars Force Unleashed and Black Ops will be the main ones this time as far as I know, handing out ads today.

sorry must have looked at the wrong thread - it's only 90k views. still huge though for 2 months. Respect to jsp for keeping this great thread going.

Here are some updated base values from a trade I did 10/18.

:gba: Pokemon LeafGreen $7.50
:ds: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time $3
:ds: Final Fantasy Crystal Chonicles: Echoes of Time $6
:ds: Naruto Ninja Destiny $1.50
:psp: Justice League Heroes $4
:psp: Harvest Moon Boy & Girl $4
:psp: Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles $3
:psp: Dissidia Final Fantasy $6
:gc: Luigi's Mansion $4.75
:360: Guitar Hero Van Halen $7
:360: Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard $2.50
:360: Namco Museum Virtual Arcade $7
:360: Lego Rock Band $5
:360: Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness $5

My store (SE Michigan) apparently just converted to Power Up Rewards, but they are still printing base values on their receipts.

BASE values as of today:

:ds: Super Scibblenauts - $10.00
:ps3: Lego Rock Band - $5.00
:360: The Orange Box (Half Life 2) - $6.00
:360: Third party battery charger w/ battery - $5.00 (Rang up as XB360 Charge kit w/Battery (Any))

[quote name='DJP519']My store (SE Michigan) apparently just converted to Power Up Rewards, but they are still printing base values on their receipts.

BASE values as of today:

:ds: Super Scibblenauts - $10.00
:ps3: Lego Rock Band - $5.00
:360: The Orange Box (Half Life 2) - $6.00
:360: Third party battery charger w/ battery - $5.00 (Rang up as XB360 Charge kit w/Battery (Any))[/QUOTE]

Not bad considering it's hit 4.98 clearance at many Targets...

[quote name='deadandbrok3n']So , any new deals , considering all the ones in the OP are expired ?[/QUOTE]

The site hasn't updated yet...which is odd considering it's almost 2pm EST so it's more then late enough PT

[quote name='JKSonic']The site hasn't updated yet...which is odd considering it's almost 2pm EST so it's more then late enough PT[/QUOTE]

They should deff do another trade in towards BLack-Ops deal. They probably banked off the last one.

[quote name='JKSonic']Not bad considering it's hit 4.98 clearance at many Targets...[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I traded in my beat-up, used copy I got from GS a year and a half ago, that was missing cover art, because I picked up a sealed $4.98 copy at Target. And came out about 2 bucks ahead after the (still lousy 20%) bonuses.

EDIT -- re: The Orange Box

Ya, is there seriously NO extra trade-in promo going on right now? Was about to head out to GS and buy Lord of Shadows and put some games on New Vegas to pay it off before i pick it up tonight...but if i'm only getting my EDGE bonus...i'm kinda pissed :/

[quote name='killer9']Jp said the trade in promos were extended so they stay the same 20 % plus edge[/QUOTE]

So , the 25% towards Black-Ops is still there today?

[quote name='BAMAJD']You guys think the 25% for Fallout will be there tomorrow?[/QUOTE]
Yes

i got the flyer from gamestop this morning.

Says offers valid until 10/31
trade 3 get 20%

the 25% power trade is on:
Star wars force unleashed
fable III
COD: Black ops
Fallout: New Vegas
Kinnect

also trade in any old system towards the purchase of a new one and get an extra $10 store credit plus 10% off the purchase of any pre-owned games
(picture shows gamecube, slim ps2, and fat ds towards ps3, slim 360 and dsi xl)

10-18-2010
Xbox 360 -
Mirror's Edge - $3.00
Madden NFL 2011 - $25.00

GBA
Shining Force - $1.00
Shark Tales - $1.25
Texas Hold 'Em Poker - $0.70
Spy/Hunter/Super Sprint - $0.55
Shining Soul 2 - $1.25
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 - $1.00
Banjo Pilot - $0.70

Trades today: base trade value listed

:360:
M$ HDMI cable - $5.25 (only paid $8 for this AND M$ optic cable dongle for my Tritton headphones :D )
M$ VGA cables - $3.50
M$ standard AV cable - $3.50

:ps3:
generic mini usb charge cable $2.25 (had been told it was required for system trade but I guess not)

80gb PS3 with BC $120

Bought the PS3 from a guy at work last week, he said he bought a slim because his old PS3 died and he was going to throw it in the trash... I offered him $20 to bring it in to me because i'd like to have the parts and hard drive.... Took it home and booted directly into the recovery menu and fixed the non booting problem. 10 minutes, $100 profit :D just had to include a old controller, standard AV cables that were still brand new in the PS3 box from years ago and some random power cable from my junk drawer.

60 & 80's with BC are the same value. The guy thought he had a 60gb so that's the value in the price list from when I called a few days ago.

As always thanks for the thread JP. :applause:

[quote name='killer9']Jp said the trade in promos were extended so they stay the same 20 % plus edge[/QUOTE]

Ugh, barf. That's one of the worst, I definitely prefer the tiered deals where you get $10/$20, etc. I mean 30% w/edge isn't bad but you need to trade in 3 and it doesn't tier at all beyond that.

Here are some TIVs from 10/14 that I forgot to post here:

:360: Split Second - $11
:360: Alan Wake - $14
:ps3: Oblivion GOTY - $10
:ps3: Modern Warfare 2 - $13
:ps3: Hot Shots Golf - $9

I can confirm the TRU copies of Fallout DO NOT have any DLC codes in them so only the stores that promised them (Gamestop, etc.) have them as a paper slip in the first print run of copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back