GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
All were got with 3/20% + 10% PowerUp card bonus..

Wii
The Biggest Loser $9.10
Sing It: Pop Hits $9.10
Sing It: HSM3:SY $3.90
Sing It $6.50
Alvin & the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel $5.20

DS
The Biggest Loser $1.95
Carnival Games $6.50

Wii Microphone $3.85

I got in total $46.10 used it on The Sims 3:Late Night.. Shock to know that i wasnt charged sales tax(WA)

10/27

Yoshi's Island DS $11.00
Arctic gba system $8.00
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin ds $6.00
F-14 Tomcat gba $0.65
Dot Hack part 1 Infection ps2 $2.50
Tony hawk's Pro Skater 3 ps2 $0.95
Game Boy Micro Silver with black faceplate $15.00

I do not have a edge card but my receipt shows bonus $2.20 promo #9726 for my trade in Yoshi's Island ds $13.20, F-14 Tomcat $0.78, dot hack infection $3.00, THPS3 $1.14.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why can't people post base values on here. Seriously. Either you are so stupid that you don't realize they are not base prices, or you are so stupid that you cannot complete simple math. Either way, post the actual base TIV value.

TIV from today

GTA IV - $5.00

[quote name='shiftymcneely']Why can't people post base values on here. Seriously. Either you are so stupid that you don't realize they are not base prices, or you are so stupid that you cannot complete simple math. Either way, post the actual base TIV value.

TIV from today

GTA IV - $5.00[/QUOTE]

In this respect, you could just figure the 30% yourself and not cry about it. Just a thought.

I have a gamestop that gave me this brown paper bag, it says 10% extra credit, so that plus any promo plus my edge would stack? If that's the case I cant wait till they get one of those trade x amount get an additional 30% more deals.

[quote name='skiizim']I have a gamestop that gave me this brown paper bag, it says 10% extra credit, so that plus any promo plus my edge would stack? If that's the case I cant wait till they get one of those trade x amount get an additional 30% more deals.[/QUOTE]
Does that bag have a promo code printed on it somewhere?

[quote name='JP']Does that bag have a promo code printed on it somewhere?[/QUOTE]

The employee said it's only good at there store, I don't know if that hold any merit or not.

I got one of those bags 3 or 4 weeks ago, they said it was only good for 1 week. I've since tossed it in the trash, seems like a very YMMV store promo

It should stack with Edge for sure, or else why bother giving me that bag right after he swiped my Edge card. It's a pretty big bag, I'm sure you can stuff alot of stuff in there, but 10% is meh

The GS I picked it up from said it was good till the end of November or something like that. I know I have some time with it, if I can score an Extra 50% trade in I'll go out of my way to use it there!

I'm not sure if this would stack with a promo. I have a feeling there is a code either in their marketing book or somewhere on the bag that they input and that gives the 10% boost. I could be wrong and in this case I can't say for certain it wont stack, but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.

[quote name='DJP519']You know GS's current trade-in promotions suck when this thread goes almost 24 hours without a post...[/QUOTE]

lol, yea I'm hoping they'll have better deals once the current promotion end. Of course I was thinking this earlier this month and all they did was extend it T_T

JP - I do have an update. Was just quoted $5.00 base for :360: Lips - game only. The microphones are no longer required for trade in, if you want to update that note along with the date on your list. Thanks!

eagerly waiting for a better promo....btw can someone tell me if they sell DLC/ADD-On packs for PS3 in GS store or the only way to do it is buy PSN cards?

I purchased a power up rewards pro card to maximize my trade in values and get 10% off used games and 1 year gi subscription the following prices are without promo or 10% nanostray ds $0.50, point blank ds $0.50, Polarium ds $0.50, spyro the eternal night gba $2.25.

ds
mario luigi's : bowser's inside 15.00
mario kart 17.00
star wars lethal alliance 3.00
quick yoga training .50
sprung .50
dig dug digging strike 1.50

ps3
rainbow six vegas 2 7.00

GBA
mario kart super circuit 5.50

Nah I'm pretty sure that one of the next trade in promos is trade in 2 select games and get black ops or some other game $40 dollars off. They always do this for the hottest games expect fable.

Traded in some not-so-recently updated stuff.

DS Car Adaptor - $1.25

:ds: Dogz - $3.00
:ds: Imagine: Babyz - $3.00

:gba: Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring - $0.65

:ps2: Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus - $2.75
:ps2: Twisted Metal: Head-on - $3.25

Trade in's from today:

HDMI Cable - 5.25
XBOX 360 AV Cable - 2.25
XBOX 360 Wired Headset - 5.00
Ethernet Cable - 0.60

Bought a cool Yoshi plush while I was there. Now I can add that next to the Mario and Luigi ones I got while on vacation =D

Trades 10/30/10 - base values

PS3
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania - 5
Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection - 6
Darksiders - 5
White Knight Chronicles - 12

Xbox 360
Spiderman Friend or Foe - 4
UP - 6
COD Modern Warfare 2 - 14
Viking: Battle for Asgard - 2
Alan Wake - 9
Bourne Conspiracy - 3
Fable 2 - 2.50
Enslaved - 20
Spongebob: truth or square - 5

Upcoming promos.

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']These promos run from 11-1 to 11-29.

10 extra TIV with the trade in of any system.

Trade 3 get 10.00 on DS/PSP/Wii/XB360/PS3 games 1.50 and under are not part of promo

25% trade bonus towards Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, COD Black Ops, and DKC Returns.

Over 100 Titles with a guaranteed 20 TIV when traded in towards the purchase of COD Black Ops (list will be on website Monday, this is different than the trade 2 save 40 in that you only have to do one game.

25% Bonus on any games traded towards Kinect sensor or games. [/QUOTE]

lol dammit, should have waited

today
GBA
Pokemon Emerald $9.50
Pokemon Ruby $6

DS
FF IV $9

PS3
Medal of Honor $25
Singularity $17
Mafia II $20

For PS3 on 10/30/2010
Armored Core 4: $3.75
Mirror's Edge: $6.25
Army of Two: $5
BioShock: $8.75
Ridge Racer 7: $3.75
Modnation Racers: $15
Call of Duty: World at War: $12.50

SIXAXIS Controller: $13.25

arg i would have gotten more if i waited a week before trading my games in. oh well it would have been a few bucks more only.

So glad there's a different promo coming up. I've got a bunch of crap to trade! And I have a question. I just got my powerup card today and the package it comes in says something about a B2G1 welcome coupon. Are they still offering that? How do I get it?

The B2G1 is avaliable till the end of the year.. Go to the rewards pro site, log in and it will be in one of the sections.. Maybe promos but not sure..

FYI
I forgot to mention that I was told by a gamestop employee that your Edge/PowerUp card trade in bonus will stack on all or most offers.. you just have to ask..

I'd obviously call Gamestop right now if they were open, but lemme ask this here. Does Gamestop take back used Rock Band drums or instruments?

Hey guys, here's my FP... I was searching for trade in values and found ya'll.

I had a few questions and it seems like some of you would know.

1st, I read the OP and didn't see this answer... Does Gamestop 'buy' back games I bought from them as used in the past?

2nd, Do they take PC games? I didn't see them listed so I'm asuming no.

3rd, I have a list and want to take advantage of their +25% towards Black Ops... after an answer to question 1... What might I be looking at for a total amount towards Black Ops?:

360:

Battle Field, BC gold edition (previously purchased used from GS)
Red Faction Guerrilla
HAWX
Red Dead Redeption
Baja Edge of Control (previously purchased used from GS)
Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII (previously purchased used from GS)
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 (previously purchased used from GS)

Wii:
Family Feud 2010

I also have an edge card but I thik it is expired...

thanks for any answers!

[quote name='vegasj']Hey guys, here's my FP... I was searching for trade in values and found ya'll.

I had a few questions and it seems like some of you would know.

1st, I read the OP and didn't see this answer... Does Gamestop 'buy' back games I bought from them as used in the past?

2nd, Do they take PC games? I didn't see them listed so I'm asuming no.

3rd, I have a list and want to take advantage of their +25% towards Black Ops... after an answer to question 1... What might I be looking at for a total amount towards Black Ops?:

360:

Battle Field, BC gold edition (previously purchased used from GS)
Red Faction Guerrilla
HAWX
Red Dead Redeption
Baja Edge of Control (previously purchased used from GS)
Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII (previously purchased used from GS)
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 (previously purchased used from GS)

Wii:
Family Feud 2010

I also have an edge card but I thik it is expired...

thanks for any answers![/QUOTE]

1) GameStop will take games regardless where you bought them from or if they are new/used. What's fun is when you trade in games you bought from them and you get hit with refurb fees.

2) They do not take PC games.

3) All values are listed for those games in the first sets of posts. Add all those up, depending upon the dates of the values listed maybe subtract a few dollars, and then multiply by 1.25. That'll give you final trade in value.

[quote name='ambachan']For PS3 on 10/30/2010
Armored Core 4: $3.75
Mirror's Edge: $6.25
Army of Two: $5
BioShock: $8.75
Ridge Racer 7: $3.75
Modnation Racers: $15
Call of Duty: World at War: $12.50

SIXAXIS Controller: $13.25[/QUOTE]
Did you trade these in towards a game on the 25% bonus list? All these values match up to that perfectly.

[quote name='JP']1) GameStop will take games regardless where you bought them from or if they are new/used. What's fun is when you trade in games you bought from them and you get hit with refurb fees.

2) They do not take PC games.

3) All values are listed for those games in the first sets of posts. Add all those up, depending upon the dates of the values listed maybe subtract a few dollars, and then multiply by 1.25. That'll give you final trade in value.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the speedy reply JP

I'm looking at:

Wii Family Feud 2010 Edition = $12
360:
Rainbow 6 Vegas2 = $3
BF BC Gold = $6
Blazing Angels = $3 (old price tho)
Baja = $3
Red Dead Redemption = $18
HAWK = $7
Red Faction = $3

= $55 plus the promo *1.25

$68.75 towards Black Ops which is only $59.99 (pending any refurb fees)

awesome. thanks for the help!

I'm going in today, I'll report back if any of those amounts are different.

Vegasj -- Trade-in values can and sometimes do change on a daily basis, so please report back with the BASE trade-in values you receive today. (Before the bonus is applied.) Thanks, and welcome! This thread is a great resource, but the more people that contribute, the more up-to-date it is.

Got a couple quotes this morning:
:ps3: Rock Band Metal Track Pack $2.50
:ps3: Rock Band Classic Rock Track Pack $2.00

Also -- glad we're finally getting a new promotion starting tomorrow. I hope that $1.50 cutoff price is correct, so that $2.00 base value games do apply this time. Thanks to the anonymous employees (who must read this thread) who send in that info in advance!

Just got back and traded the following (all for xbox)

Halo Reach $43.20
Medal of Honor $40.00
Crackdown 2 $14.40
Enslaved $32.00
Metro $19.20
GI Joe $9.60

Total trade in $158.40.

They had this deal where I received 50% more trade in bonus plus my edge extra 10%.. so I pre ordered kinect for my wife! score!

Kevin

[quote name='kevgret']Just got back and traded the following (all for xbox)

Halo Reach $43.20
Medal of Honor $40.00
Crackdown 2 $14.40
Enslaved $32.00
Metro $19.20
GI Joe $9.60

Total trade in $158.40.

They had this deal where I received 50% more trade in bonus plus my edge extra 10%.. so I pre ordered kinect for my wife! score!

Kevin[/QUOTE]

Wait, what kind of deal allowed you to get 50% more trade-in bonus? Current base price for Halo Reach is $30. Your $13.20 bonus makes it for an odd 44% TI-bonus, which just seems odd to me.

[quote name='Rickyricc']The B2G1 is avaliable till the end of the year.. Go to the rewards pro site, log in and it will be in one of the sections.. Maybe promos but not sure..[/QUOTE]

Can you use it as many times as you want? I've used one coupon but the option to use it hasn't gone away.

alrighty, Just traded in: 'game' = 'amount before promo + 10% for PowerUp card (edge rewards)

Wii:
Family Feud 2010 Edition = $ 12

360:
Rainbow 6 Vegas2 = $ 2.50
BF BC Gold = $ 6.00
Blazing Angels = $ 2.50
Baja = $ 3.00
Red Dead Redemption = $ 16.00
HAWK = $ 5.00
Red Faction = $ 3.00
Fight Night Round 3 = $ 1.00

With the 25% promo + 10% Powerup membership, it totaled $66.30 & tossed in renewing my Powerup Edge card & put all towards Black Ops.

So in all I paid $12 for Black Ops and my Edge renewall.

Awesome.

[quote name='Miro']Wait, what kind of deal allowed you to get 50% more trade-in bonus? Current base price for Halo Reach is $30. Your $13.20 bonus makes it for an odd 44% TI-bonus, which just seems odd to me.[/QUOTE]

Halo Reach worked out as follows:

Base trade in: $27.00
Bonus Trade in value $13.50
Edge Card Trade in Value $2.70

Total= $43.20 (I only paid $40 to begin with.. so I made out pretty good)

Hope this helps...

Kevin

[quote name='vegasj']alrighty, Just traded in: 'game' = 'amount before promo + 10% for PowerUp card (edge rewards)

Wii:
Family Feud 2010 Edition = $ 12

360:
Rainbow 6 Vegas2 = $ 2.50
BF BC Gold = $ 6.00
Blazing Angels = $ 2.50
Baja = $ 3.00
Red Dead Redemption = $ 16.00
HAWK = $ 5.00
Red Faction = $ 3.00
Fight Night Round 3 = $ 1.00

With the 25% promo + 10% Powerup membership, it totaled $66.30 & tossed in renewing my Powerup Edge card & put all towards Black Ops.

So in all I paid $12 for Black Ops and my Edge renewall.

Awesome.[/QUOTE]

Why did you only get 25% promo? My gamestop had 50% extra trade in value on all trade ins. I wonder if not all stores are running this promo?

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back