GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Base values (or at least I assume from what's on the receipt) from Friday:

:360:
UFC 2010 - $12.15
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 - $5.40
Halo Reach - $33.75
Madden NFL 2011 - $31.05
Major League Baseball 2K10 - $13.50
Grand Theft Auto IV - $5.40
Call of Duty Mod Warfare 2 - $10.80

Question -

With the $20 Guaranteed promo does that mean I get $20 plus whatever the TIV of NBA 2K11 is when I trade it in?

[quote name='Bucs1211']Question -

With the $20 Guaranteed promo does that mean I get $20 plus whatever the TIV of NBA 2K11 is when I trade it in?[/QUOTE]

From what I've been reading, you're not supposed to. Some people did earlier on in the promotion, but I think it's mostly taken care of now.

[quote name='Bucs1211']So what do you get from it now?[/QUOTE]

Couldn't tell you. The deal doesn't really make too much sense to me when some of the games on the list already get you more than twenty bucks.

There is always some confusion when these promos come up, but it's really quite simple. And it would be easy to understand, if GS would just word it better.

They are basically saying, you're guaranteed to get $20 for these games during the promotion, no matter what the TIV is. So, if the TIV drops to $15, you'll still get $20. If it's still over $20, you'll get whatever the TIV is.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']They are basically saying, you're guaranteed to get $20 for these games during the promotion, no matter what the TIV is. So, if the TIV drops to $15, you'll still get $20. If it's still over $20, you'll get whatever the TIV is.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised the trade in values for the games already over twenty don't mysteriously drop whenever this promo comes along.

[quote name='dogmaeffect']Base values (or at least I assume from what's on the receipt) from Friday:

UFC 2010 - $12.15
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 - $5.40
Halo Reach - $33.75
Madden NFL 2011 - $31.05
Major League Baseball 2K10 - $13.50
Grand Theft Auto IV - $5.40
Call of Duty Mod Warfare 2 - $10.80[/QUOTE]

They aren't base; the new receipt system shows you the total TIV and the bonuses - it's up to you to do the subtraction to get the base.

[quote name='Bucs1211']Ok so if I trade in College Hoop 2k8 which has a TIV of 1.50 I will get 20 for it?[/QUOTE]

If thats how iit worked Id have thousands in GS credit.

hope I'm doing this right

base

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas - $1
Watchmen: End is Nigh Parts 1&2 - $3
Viva Pinata - $2.50

:psp:
Final Fantasy Tactics - $4
Dissidia Final Fantasy - $6

:ds:
Worms 2: Open Warfare - $2.50
Brothers in Arms - $2
Dementium: The Ward - $3
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars - $7

:ps3:
Tom Clancy's End War - $2
Medal of Honor Airborne - $10
Warhawk - $1.50

On the trade 3, get extra $10, is there a limit to the amount of games I can trade?

For example, I have six games I would like to trade so will they give me $20 extra in all?

[quote name='mannysgoldglove']If thats how iit worked Id have thousands in GS credit.[/QUOTE]

Which wouldn't matter because Gamestop would instantly go out of business.

[quote name='pixelpushr']For example, I have six games I would like to trade so will they give me $20 extra in all?[/QUOTE]

Yes indeed.

huge drops for ssf4. here are some trades i did today:

Xbox 360:
Super Street Fighter IV - $12 (11/13/10)
Prince of Persia - $2 (11/13/10)

PS3:
Super Street Fighter IV - $13 (11/13/10)

Nintendo DS:
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - $3 (11/13/10)

[quote name='n8littlefield']Anyone know if they'll take my wireless joystick/tekken 6 boxed set as trade?[/QUOTE]

It will trade in as a regular wireless controller

Yesterday 11/13/10:

All 360
Crackdown $2.00
Infinite Undiscovery $2.50
Marvel UA/Forza $1.00
Perfect Dark Zero $0.50
Prototype - $5.00
Alone in the Dark - $1.50
Call of Duty: WAW - $9.00
Dragon Age: Origins - $7.00
50 Cent: BoTS - $5.00
Soul Calibur IV - $3.00
Prince of Persia - $2.00
Stranglehold - $1.00
Splinter Cell: Double Agent - $2.00

Put them towards the new Ass Creed and got $10 per 3 games over $2.

[quote name='CoastalmixX']Yesterday 11/13/10:

All 360
Crackdown $2.00
Infinite Undiscovery $2.50
Marvel UA/Forza $1.00
Perfect Dark Zero $0.50
Prototype - $5.00
Alone in the Dark - $1.50
Call of Duty: WAW - $9.00
Dragon Age: Origins - $7.00
50 Cent: BoTS - $5.00
Soul Calibur IV - $3.00
Prince of Persia - $2.00
Stranglehold - $1.00
Splinter Cell: Double Agent - $2.00

Put them towards the new Ass Creed and got $10 per 3 games over $2.[/QUOTE]

It should have been all the games above $1.50. You should have gotten a $30 bonus as you had 9 games over $1.50.

11/15

DS
Metroid prime hunters - 6

Wii

Metroid prime 3 - 4
Tatsunoko Vs Capcom - 8

PS2

Shadow of The Colossus - 4.75

Transformers WFC - 13

Got a question about trade-in and I figured this was the best place to ask.

I went to trade in my two Classic Controller's (not Pro, just the regular kind) at Gamestop today, and was told that they can't accept them because of "location specific problems." I asked them if it was a problem with my controllers specifically and they said they have been told not to accept any at this time. They took my game no problem, though.

Has anyone else heard of this? They directed me to the Gamestop in the mall a few miles down the road and said that's where people can trade their controllers in for the time being.

I have never heard of this before, so I am kind of stumped.

Here is my one TIV:

GTA Chinatown Wars PSP - $6

[quote name='animalspinners']Got a question about trade-in and I figured this was the best place to ask.

I went to trade in my two Classic Controller's (not Pro, just the regular kind) at Gamestop today, and was told that they can't accept them because of "location specific problems." I asked them if it was a problem with my controllers specifically and they said they have been told not to accept any at this time. They took my game no problem, though.

Has anyone else heard of this? They directed me to the Gamestop in the mall a few miles down the road and said that's where people can trade their controllers in for the time being.

I have never heard of this before, so I am kind of stumped.[/QUOTE]

It'll happen from time to time where one store has too much of a product and another store doesn't have any. Sometimes the store manager just decides they have more than they can sell and don't want to take anymore period. It could also be that they noticed a lot of broken/defective items being traded in and they are working on setting up test stations in that store. Who knows.

[quote name='JP']It'll happen from time to time where one store has too much of a product and another store doesn't have any. Sometimes the store manager just decides they have more than they can sell and don't want to take anymore period. It could also be that they noticed a lot of broken/defective items being traded in and they are working on setting up test stations in that store. Who knows.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing it up, the employee wasn't too forthcoming with any information and I was curious as to the reason why.

Today's TIV, all PS3:

Ferrari Challenge - $4.00
Haze - $2.50
Terminator Salavtion - $5.00

With the promo I got $21.52 total and paid off Hot Pursuit.

TIVS

PS3 Tekken 6 5.50$
PS3 Borderlands 9$
PS3 MX vs ATV: Reflex 5$
Wii Fast Food Panic 5$
Wii Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz 4$
Wii Saint 2$
360 Dead Rising 5$
360 Are you Smarter Than 5th Grader 4$
360 Brutal Legend 3$
360 Backyard Football 2010 5$
360 Scene It: Bright Lights Big 5$

[quote name='stoned99']TIVS

PS3 Tekken 6 5.50$
PS3 Borderlands 9$
PS3 MX vs ATV: Reflex 5$
Wii Fast Food Panic 5$
Wii Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz 4$
Wii Saint 2$
360 Dead Rising 5$
360 Are you Smarter Than 5th Grader 4$
360 Brutal Legend 3$
360 Backyard Football 2010 5$
360 Scene It: Bright Lights Big 5$[/QUOTE]

This has target clearance sales written all over it. Haha.

11/15
iconxbox360.gif
GTA 4 $4
iconxbox360.gif
Borderlands (regular) $8
iconxbox360.gif
CoD: WaW $9

11/16
iconxbox360.gif
Saboteur $4
iconwii.gif
Saint $2
iconps3.gif
Brutal Legend $3

Shaun White Skateboarding - $20

I also traded in Prey, James Cameron's Avatar, Perfect Dark, and MotionSports. Their prices remain the same as what is currently on the list.

11/15

iconxbox360.gif
Backyard Football $5
iconxbox360.gif
CoD: Modern Warfare $2
iconps3.gif
Monsters vs Aliens $5

iconps3.gif
Smackdown vs Raw 2010 $6
iconps3.gif
Prototype $6
iconwii.gif
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles $8

As of last night, system updated, all base:

:360: Games
Need for Speed: Most Wanted - 7.00
Call of Duty 2 - 2.00

:ps3: Games
Need for Speed: Undercover - 6.00
007 Quantum of Solice - 5.00
Red Faction: Guerrilla - 3.00
Call of Duty: World at War - 8.00
Haze - 2.50
Fallout 3 (NOT Goty) - 5.00
Lost: Via Domus - 2.50

Total after PowerUp card and 3 for $10 promo was $75.16. Not bad for a bunch of old games I haven't played in forever. Tried to sell them online through CL locally, no one wanted them. Now I have to wait for Black Friday or at least for my GS's locally to get the move games I want so I can use this B2G1 free coupon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back