GS TIV: Trade 2/4/7 get extra $10/25/50 on 360/PS3/Wii games, $30 HW bonus on new HW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6866412

[quote name='CheapyD']I'd like to encourage you guys to submit your GameStop trade-in values to our database directly. You can access it from the main navigation bar under Retailers -> GameStop or here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/retailer.php?do=view&retailerid=13[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

Upcoming Promos:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I didn't see this posted here.

I work at GS and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on ALL games. Yes, every game and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with Edge card.

I know I have some crap to unload come Monday![/QUOTE]

flagg1216 also noted that this promo only goes for a week.

[quote name='flagg1216']wii/ps3/360 trade 2 for 20% bonus 4 for 30%bonus or 6+ for 40%

no other info.no pics.[/QUOTE]
This one will probably start after the week long Extra 50% on all games promo.

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade more, get more! (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2 Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games and get an extra $10 trade-in credit, trade 4 get $25 or trade 7 get $50.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Games with a trade value of $5.00 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades.[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID (thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Arkansas, California, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
does Gamestop match prices with Best Buy? I want to pick up Forza 3 again and have tons of credit with them. It is selling for 39.99 at Best buy. Hope they match. 59.99 at Gamestop.

[quote name='tattoojeep']does Gamestop match prices with Best Buy? I want to pick up Forza 3 again and have tons of credit with them. It is selling for 39.99 at Best buy. Hope they match. 59.99 at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

GameStop will never price match, no way, no how, nothing, nada, NEVER

I remember when I just started there coming from BB I thought it was a legitimate thing to do w/o ever being told not to. So much to my surprise then, you can't do it, thank god I didn't get fired.

[quote name='token2k6']GameStop will never price match, no way, no how, nothing, nada, NEVER

I remember when I just started there coming from BB I thought it was a legitimate thing to do w/o ever being told not to. So much to my surprise then, you can't do it, thank god I didn't get fired.[/QUOTE]

They have matched prices for me many a time.

ya I thought so too. very strange. oh well... looks like i will be going to best buy or waiting until they drop forza 3 to 39.99 like alot of other places have it priced.

Wii Mario Power Tennis $15
360 Fairytale Fights $9
PS3 Fairytale Fights $9
Wii We Ski $4.25

With the EDGE card and the 4/$20 promo I walked out with $60.97.

Phone quote, just now:

:360: Guitar Hero Van Halen -- a whopping $12 base.

Had to call 4 stores to get one to give a quote, all said they were really busy.

Not really a surprise since so many people got it for free. They would be dumb to really give more than what they did.

[quote name='myl0r']I'll confirm the $12 for Van Halen. Was told the same thing. Bummer, was hoping for more.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't expecting the full $25-30 for new releases, but I was hoping for more than $12.

FYI, it's $20 TIV at Gamecrazy, for anyone interested.

[quote name='Brownjohn']I'm pretty sure the price matching is YMMV. Call ahead of time and speak with a manager if possible.[/QUOTE]

I believe you are right. I've never seen any kind of outline for a GS corporate policy on pricematching.

[quote name='jp0213']Not really a surprise since so many people got it for free. They would be dumb to really give more than what they did.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. They were fully prepared for the throngs of people looking to dump it.

[quote name='tattoojeep']does Gamestop match prices with Best Buy? I want to pick up Forza 3 again and have tons of credit with them. It is selling for 39.99 at Best buy. Hope they match. 59.99 at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

check out the after christmas gamestop sale thread. its going to be 39.99. i will be getting a copy.

[quote name='dramasetter929']quick question. if you lost your edge card can gamestop give you a replacement card right away?[/QUOTE]

If you get a nice employee, yes. However most will just look it up in the computer and take it off without the card. I lost mine last year and it was replaced. Still expired at same time but they did give me a new card.

All PS3

Far Cry 2 - 6.50
Alone in the Dark: Inferno - 1.75 (not even worth that, I think it gave my PS3 VD)
The Orange Box - 6.50
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 5.75
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY - 8.50
Afro Samurai - 5.00
Bionic Commando - 3.00
Street Fighter 4 - 4.25

Total - 75.41 - dick employee was giving me shit about HL2 being dusty which it wasn't. Was thinking about preordering Dante's Inferno to get the figure, but changed my mind.

How much are they selling it used? I may not mind picking it up if it in the 20 dollar range.

I'm glad I sold mine 2 weeks ago.

All 360

Bigs 2, The - $8
Destroy All Humans 3 Path of the Furon - $11.75
Godfather 2, The - $8
Naruto The Broken Bond - $10
Ninja Blade - $7.25
Resident Evil 5 - $5.50
WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2009 - $6.25

12/22

No Change in TIV

Metroid Prime Trilogy - 19.25
L4D - 15
L4D2 - 30
Tekken 6 (PS3) - 23.50
Uncharted 2 - 25

12/22 Just traded in (All 360 Base)

Assassin's Creed $5.75
Brutal Legend $23.50
Burnout Paradise $6.75
Dead Space $6.00
Gears of War 2 $7.00
Guitar Hero 5 $12.25
Guitar Hero Van Halen $12.00
Halo 3: ODST $22.00
Left 4 Dead $15.00
Left 4 Dead 2 $30.00

After Edge, 4 for Extra $20, and 6 games with 50% bonus coupon, I received $231.65 credit. Not bad!

[quote name='drbutchevil']If you get a nice employee, yes. However most will just look it up in the computer and take it off without the card. I lost mine last year and it was replaced. Still expired at same time but they did give me a new card.[/QUOTE]

If your an ass to an employee, can they get your info and use your trade credits? What if that lost card was used? Will they still give you a replacement?

today

blues dragons ---- 2.50
crash of titans ---- 6.25
orange box ----- 7
cod 3 ---- 3.25
double agent ----3.25
gta4 ----- 5
overlord ----- 5.50
thrillville ------ 6

12/22
All for 360

Halo Wars- $8.00 (decrease)
Halo 3:ODST- $22.00 (decrease)
Batman:Arkhamn Asylum- $15.00 (increase)
Hitman Blood money- $7.00 (same)
Bully:Scholarship Edition- $8.00 (same)

The lady charged me a $9.00 refurb fee! =( I didn't notice until I got in the car. I went back and ask her about it and she told me she saw a few scratches on the disk! First time I ever got a refurb fee from gs. She charged me a refurb fee on batman, himan and bully. You know what the funny thing is. Those three games I got in the gamestop buy 2 get 1 free so I think as soon as she saw the used stickers, she charged the fee. All three games work fine and when I bought them, they already had a few scratches on them. Didn't even tell me she was charging me a refurb fee! I told her how they had scratches when I bought them and she said I should have check before I bought them for scratches but used games from gs always have scratches! This blows. I hate that lady so damn much. Of course, I asked for a refund or something and nothing could be done. If I went to the other gamestop (farther away but closer to my school) I always go to, I wouldn't have been charged. Can't believe she doesn't realize the tivs of games are horrible and charging a refurb fee only makes it that much more worst. Hitman minus 2.00 refurb fee equals 5.00 tiv. I hate that lady and I will never go to that gamestop again.

/rant

[quote name='yruluis']So they give you an edge card when you trade in. Could I use that to increase my trade in?[/QUOTE]

They don't "give" you an edge card, they sell you one ($15). Yes it can be used to increase trade value.

all new TiV for 360:

Silent Hill Homecoming 4.75 (down $1)
Arcade Compilation .70 (up $.05 :O)
Star Ocean: TLH 14.25 (down $.75)
Too Human 2.00

[quote name='h2dk']They don't "give" you an edge card, they sell you one ($15). Yes it can be used to increase trade value.[/QUOTE]

Dude, the card that has my credit on it says edge and it was given.

Which they might have, but without the yellow (possibly white) sticker on the back with your membership details then it is an EDGE "card" but without the discount. The EDGE discount comes from the sticker pretty much which has all your membership details. The card itself isn't all that much different than a giftcard. Though I think the EDGE tagged cards have data on them saying this was trade-in credit so that the states that don't charge tax on items bought with trade-in credit don't get taxed. That's the difference between the EDGE card without membership info and a gift card. That could also explain why no matter what state you are in when you buy with EDGE credit online it taxes it. You are just using the number online, not any of the extra data that is probably tagged in that magnetic strip.

[quote name='unknownthreat']12/22
All for 360

Halo Wars- $8.00 (decrease)
Halo 3:ODST- $22.00 (decrease)
Batman:Arkhamn Asylum- $15.00 (increase)
Hitman Blood money- $7.00 (same)
Bully:Scholarship Edition- $8.00 (same)

The lady charged me a $9.00 refurb fee! =( I didn't notice until I got in the car. I went back and ask her about it and she told me she saw a few scratches on the disk! First time I ever got a refurb fee from gs. She charged me a refurb fee on batman, himan and bully. You know what the funny thing is. Those three games I got in the gamestop buy 2 get 1 free so I think as soon as she saw the used stickers, she charged the fee. All three games work fine and when I bought them, they already had a few scratches on them. Didn't even tell me she was charging me a refurb fee! I told her how they had scratches when I bought them and she said I should have check before I bought them for scratches but used games from gs always have scratches! This blows. I hate that lady so damn much. Of course, I asked for a refund or something and nothing could be done. If I went to the other gamestop (farther away but closer to my school) I always go to, I wouldn't have been charged. Can't believe she doesn't realize the tivs of games are horrible and charging a refurb fee only makes it that much more worst. Hitman minus 2.00 refurb fee equals 5.00 tiv. I hate that lady and I will never go to that gamestop again.

/rant[/QUOTE]

That's why I always check before I leave the store or even before I sign the pad saying I'm the sole owner and I'm selling them to them. If I see a refurb fee or they tell me I'm being charged one(which they rarely do unless you really keep asking:bomb:), then I say 'no thanks' and I walk back out with my games.

It pisses them off to have had to do the work for the trade-in procedure, then have to cancel all of it because you say no thanks. I usually also add in that I 'was about to throw down a pre-order', which gets them pissed off at themselves cuz that's their bread n butter right there.:)

I tried to trade 2 more copies of Fairytale Fights today, along with my copies of Resistance 2($5 HWV sale), Bioshock(free game from TRU B2G1) and WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania.

Well, as soon as I went in there and said I had some trades, they took the 2 copies of FF off to the side and said I couldn't trade them. I said no thanks and walked back out after asking them if I could do the trades at another GS, which I may try later today or tomorrow.:D

TIV from today, 12/22

360:

Madden 10 - $21.75
Fallout 3 - $6.25
C&C TW - $2.00 (down)

PS3

Madden 10 - $21.75
Fallout 3 - $5.75

Also, I was going to trade in LBP Game of the year. It is down from $20 to $11.25 so I said forget it.

Can anyone verify if the DS/PSP trade-in promo is still going? OP states the expiration date hasn't been verified.

TIV from today, 12/22

PS3
Street Figher 4-$4.25
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction-$7.50
Saints Row 2-$5.00

Wii
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption-$3

Can somebody tell me what is the best place to trade in PS3 Games. Please tell me the total value I will receive. The games are Killzone 2, NBA 2k9, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Call of Duty world at war(disc only). Thanks for your help

[quote name='rpsstore']Can somebody tell me what is the best place to trade in PS3 Games. Please tell me the total value I will receive. The games are Killzone 2, NBA 2k9, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Call of Duty world at war(disc only). Thanks for your help[/QUOTE]

You're kidding, right? You should try reading the OP (original post) and finding the answer to your own questions. Don't expect us to cave to laziness...

JP -- I think your post above is EXACTLY correct. It should be quoted every time someone gets in an arguement about sales tax, or a question about an expired card.

Base trades from today:
:360: NCAA Football '10 -- $16.75
:360: Guitar Hero Van Halen -- $12.00
:360: NBA 2K7 -- $0.30
:360: Eragon -- $0.80
:360: Left 4 Dead 2 -- $30.00

I'm (plesantly) surprised they are STILL giving $30 base for L4D2, since it's now been out for over a month, and has been on sale for ~40 or less at numerous stores. With the 50% coupon plus Edge, I got $48 back for it, which is approximately what they would sell it for at $55 minus Edge, no real markup. With a coupon or a B2G1, they are taking a good sized loss on it, which is unusual for them.

Random side note, I saw no less than ELEVEN used copies of MW2 for 360 at one store today. Seemed like a lot.

[quote name='DJP519']I'm (plesantly) surprised they are STILL giving $30 base for L4D2, since it's now been out for over a month, and has been on sale for ~40 or less at numerous stores. With the 50% coupon plus Edge, I got $48 back for it, which is approximately what they would sell it for at $55 minus Edge, no real markup. With a coupon or a B2G1, they are taking a good sized loss on it, which is unusual for them.

Random side note, I saw no less than ELEVEN used copies of MW2 for 360 at one store today. Seemed like a lot.[/QUOTE]
Especially since they are one of the stores that sold it for $40. I got mine from gamestop.com for $38 shipped brand new with the bemerry coupon for 10% off new games.

psp games
rock band unplugged $3 (12/17)
resistance retribution $8 (12/17)
shin megami tensei: persona $15 (12/17)
nba 10 the inside $12.75 (12/17)
dissidia $15 (12/17)

xbox 360
forza 3 $23.50 (12/17)
Midnight club LA $7.50 (12/22)

wii
Mario super sluggers $11.75 (12/17)
Guitar Hero World Tour $5.25 (12/22)

PS3
MLB 09 the show $7.75 (12/22)

Thanks for keeping things updated!

[quote name='rpsstore']Can somebody tell me what is the best place to trade in PS3 Games. Please tell me the total value I will receive. The games are Killzone 2, NBA 2k9, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Call of Duty world at war(disc only). Thanks for your help[/QUOTE]

There are various threads on CAG about trade-ins that have TIVs in them, including this one. Also, some places allow you to search for the TIVs on their website.

Here ya go, lazy ass. Second post of this thread has EXTENSIVE lists of trade-in values.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6518971&postcount=2

Also try: spun.com, wherehouse.com, secondspin.com, toysrustradeincenter.com, amazon.com(under video games heading, click trade-in link).

Just add www. to to the above site addresses and search for the trade values.

This is CheapAssGamer, not LazyAssGamer. READ THE SECOND POST and find your own trade values.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This is CheapAssGamer, not LazyAssGamer. READ THE SECOND POST and find your own trade values.[/QUOTE]

LOL...LAGer:rofl:

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Can anyone verify if the DS/PSP trade-in promo is still going? OP states the expiration date hasn't been verified.[/QUOTE]

As of Monday, it was going on. The guy didn't know a damn thing about it but the computer automatically adjusted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back