GS TIV: Trade 2/4/7 get extra $10/25/50 on 360/PS3/Wii games, $30 HW bonus on new HW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6866412

[quote name='CheapyD']I'd like to encourage you guys to submit your GameStop trade-in values to our database directly. You can access it from the main navigation bar under Retailers -> GameStop or here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/retailer.php?do=view&retailerid=13[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

Upcoming Promos:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I didn't see this posted here.

I work at GS and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on ALL games. Yes, every game and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with Edge card.

I know I have some crap to unload come Monday![/QUOTE]

flagg1216 also noted that this promo only goes for a week.

[quote name='flagg1216']wii/ps3/360 trade 2 for 20% bonus 4 for 30%bonus or 6+ for 40%

no other info.no pics.[/QUOTE]
This one will probably start after the week long Extra 50% on all games promo.

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade more, get more! (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2 Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games and get an extra $10 trade-in credit, trade 4 get $25 or trade 7 get $50.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Games with a trade value of $5.00 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades.[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID (thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Arkansas, California, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Lists updated, working on the database portion as we speak.

Database portion now done as well.

"Why do we have this discussion every few pages? If you are here to contribute and have some TiVs to submit then please post them. If you are only here to say "you guys are idiots for trading in your games at GS/EB, these TiVs suck" then GTFO."

Number one, take it easy and relax. And while we're at it, clean up your language. We're having a discussion, not a wrestling match. The FIRST thing you need to understand when using message boards is that you're not lecturing, you're discussing. That means you're going to have to allow for opinions other than your own and "get the fuck out" isn't a valid way of responding to those opinions. Children speak that away, adults do not.

Secondly, no one was calling anyone any names, nor was I assuming people were dumb for trading. I was asking a question, as I'd never heard of trading in games to Gamestop. I've never done it, didn't realize you COULD do it and wanted to know why anyone WOULD do it. It was a simple question and since nowhere on the site do I see the words "no questions allowed," I think I'm well within my rights to ask it. I wasn't accusing anyone one of anything, I was just wondering what the incentive is. Now I understand that trading to Gamestop is a better route for those who don't want to take the time to sell their games online. Didn't occur to me before, but it makes sense to me now that someone has explained it.

Bottom line: I'd recommend trying to omit paragraphs like the one copied above from future posts, especially when they're totally unwarranted. Coming out swinging is never a good idea and it's an especially bad idea when you have absolutely no need to. You're so worried about people being impolite that you seem to have missed the fact that you were incredibly impolite yourself.

[quote name='nrfuller']"Why do we have this discussion every few pages? If you are here to contribute and have some TiVs to submit then please post them. If you are only here to say "you guys are idiots for trading in your games at GS/EB, these TiVs suck" then GTFO."

Number one, take it easy and relax. And while we're at it, clean up your language. We're having a discussion, not a wrestling match. The FIRST thing you need to understand when using message boards is that you're not lecturing, you're discussing. That means you're going to have to allow for opinions other than your own and "get the fuck out" isn't a valid way of responding to those opinions. Children speak that away, adults do not.

Secondly, no one was calling anyone any names, nor was I assuming people were dumb for trading. I was asking a question, as I'd never heard of trading in games to Gamestop. I've never done it, didn't realize you COULD do it and wanted to know why anyone WOULD do it. It was a simple question and since nowhere on the site do I see the words "no questions allowed," I think I'm well within my rights to ask it. I wasn't accusing anyone one of anything, I was just wondering what the incentive is. Now I understand that trading to Gamestop is a better route for those who don't want to take the time to sell their games online. Didn't occur to me before, but it makes sense to me now that someone has explained it.

Bottom line: I'd recommend trying to omit paragraphs like the one copied above from future posts, especially when they're totally unwarranted. Coming out swinging is never a good idea and it's an especially bad idea when you have absolutely no need to. You're so worried about people being impolite that you seem to have missed the fact that you were incredibly impolite yourself.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your lecture on internet etiquette :roll:, but if you READ THE THREAD you would realize why people trade in stuff to GS/EB. The answer to your question as to "why do people trade in games at GS/EB" is posted every few pages. It is also covered in the OP.

It just gets tiring to see the same questions posted over and over again in here when you can get the answer very easily by putting in some time reading the thread. Every few pages its "GS/EB sucks, why do you trade in stuff there for such low values" or "you traded game X in for $5? You are so stupid, I would have given you at least $10 for it". I may have come off harsh to you, but my post is meant for anyone that comes in here and posts that same stuff or asks the same questions over and over again, not specifically you. Yes I know it is a discussion board, but what is there to discuss in this thread? Either post TiVs you have encountered or post a specific question about a trade in deal.

Adults read the thread and contribute valuable information, Children post the same questions that have been answered ad nauseam.

12/18 base tiv's
:360:
COD MW 2 30.00
L4D 15.00
L4D 2 30.00

:ps3:
Endwar 3.50
GTA IV 5.75
Guitar Hero Smash Hits 11.00
Rock Band 2 4.00
Battlefield Bad Company 5.75
Killzone 2 10.75
COD 4 MW 12.50

205.23 after EDGE and 50% trade in coupon :applause:

:360: Midnight Club Los Angeles Complete - $7.00
:360: Far Cry 2 - $7.25
:360: Elder Scrolls IV: GOTY - $9.75
:360: Red Faction: Guerrilla - $12.50

[quote name='evildeadjedi']12/18 base tiv's
COD MW 2 30.00
L4D 15.00
L4D 2 30.00

Endwar 3.50
GTA IV 5.75
Rock Band 2 4.00
Killzone 2 10.75
COD 4 MW 12.50

205.23 after EDGE and 50% trade in coupon :applause:[/QUOTE]

Not a big deal, however, the CAG in me says if you would have traded them separately:

COD MW 2 30.00
L4D 15.00
L4D 2 30.00

Killzone 2 10.75
COD 4 MW 12.50

= $174.80 after 50% + edge

Endwar 3.50
GTA IV 5.75
Rock Band 2 4.00

= $40.90 after $20 + edge

$215.70 total

[quote name='h2dk']Not a big deal, however, the CAG in me says if you would have traded them separately:

COD MW 2 30.00
L4D 15.00
L4D 2 30.00

Killzone 2 10.75
COD 4 MW 12.50

Endwar 3.50
GTA IV 5.75
Rock Band 2 4.00

$215.70 total[/QUOTE]

I like the way you think! Here is a simple rule of thumb for those not as good at math or that dont want to think on the spot too much.

As long as you can trade in cheaper games in groups of 4 at a time it is best to "NOT" use the 50% coupon for games with a trade value between $2.01 and $9.99

If most of your games are worth more than $10 TIV use the coupon.

Here is the link to the coupon if you suck at searching CAG for it like I do.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246695

jp Could you add that coupon thread link to the OP?

I hope this helps.

Traded in these 3 games today. In order to use the coupon had to buy a random old sports game and burger king game to get 5 total. Thank goodness no minimums were put on the coupon.

Xbox 360
Hasbro Family Game Night 15.00

PS3
Tekken 6 - 23.50
Resident Evil 5 - 5.50

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Traded in these 3 games today. In order to use the coupon had to buy a random old sports game and burger king game to get 5 total. Thank goodness no minimums were put on the coupon.

Xbox 360
Hasbro Family Game Night 15.00

PS3
Tekken 6 - 23.50
Resident Evil 5 - 5.50

One thing I don't understand is how LFD 1 TIV is $15 when they sell it used for $27, and RE 5's TIV is $5.50 when it sells used for $30, and it doesn't have a direct sequel even announced, let alone already released.

50% coupon located in OPs other thread he maintains search "GS weekly ad"

Obviously this is what you want though:

AND to MSUHitman, I never buy anything new i'll pick up the Gold edition either used or when it goes on some great sale some time. Basically the Gold edition will have both DLCs which will more likely be about $20 dollars total worth of stuff and take into account I did get 8 bucks for the game after coupon if i get it for $30 or less then i will be satisfied.

[quote name='h2dk']Not a big deal, however, the CAG in me says if you would have traded them separately:

COD MW 2 30.00
L4D 15.00
L4D 2 30.00

Killzone 2 10.75
COD 4 MW 12.50

Endwar 3.50
GTA IV 5.75
Rock Band 2 4.00

$215.70 total[/QUOTE]

Very true, I completely forgot about the trade 4 get 20 deal. I'm still content with what I got especially since I never paid close to full price for any of the games(for example l4d 2 and mw2 for 30 bucks a piece on CL a few weeks ago). If you got some games that have fairly TIV it's a good deal.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']50% coupon located in OPs other thread he maintains search "GS weekly ad"

Obviously this is what you want though:

AND to MSUHitman, I never buy anything new i'll pick up the Gold edition either used or when it goes on some great sale some time. Basically the Gold edition will have both DLCs which will more likely be about $20 dollars total worth of stuff and take into account I did get 8 bucks for the game after coupon if i get it for $30 or less then i will be satisfied.[/QUOTE]

thanks

thanks to the dude who pmd me too!

[quote name='evildeadjedi']12/18 base tiv's
COD MW 2 30.00
L4D 15.00
L4D 2 30.00

Endwar 3.50
GTA IV 5.75
Rock Band 2 4.00
Killzone 2 10.75
COD 4 MW 12.50

205.23 after EDGE and 50% trade in coupon :applause:[/QUOTE]

Not trying to flame here, but you probably missed out on about $10 or more in credit by lumping those lower TIV games with the others. You should definitely split the lower TIV games to a seperate transaction and trade them in(if they qualify) with the 'trade 4/get $20' deal.

Updated the first post with the coupon. Meant to do that last night and just totally spaced it. Working on updating the list and the database right now.

All lists and database updated.

:ps3: ncaa football 2010 $16.75

:360: assasins creed $5.75
elder scrolls $3.25
L4D $15
ninja gaiden 2 $6

couldnt pass up a mistaged copy of :ps3:fight night round 4 for $12.99. the sticker had fight night round 3 on it.

Here are some base TIV from today:

:gc:

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess $6.00

Saints Row 2 $5.00

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 $30.00
Mirror's Edge - $5.75
Midnight Club: Los Angeles $7.50

I'm a bit mad at myself because I didn't look closely at the coupon for 30% Extra Credit and thought it was still good today. It expired yesterday. @.@ That would have really helped out on the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on Gamecube. I still salvaged the trade-ins using the Trade 3/4, Get $10/$20, just lost a few dollars though. The new trade-in promo would be great if I actually had a lot of high value games to trade in, but I did not other than MW2.

Some stuff I traded earlier today:

Up $7.75
Red Faction: Guerrilla $12.50
Fallout 3 $6.25
Afro Samurai $4.75
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed $2.00 (didn't trade in cause it didn't quality for the trade 4 get $20 promo)

quick question. i am trading in wii sports with a few other games, if it has scratches and they add a refub fee and it goes below 2.00 can i still get the 3/10 or 4/20?

Some updated TIVs from trade-ins today:

All 360

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway - $3.00
Dirt 2 - $15.50
X-men Origins: Wolverine - $9.25

Some trade-ins today. All base.

PS3

Ratchet and Clank - $22
Killzone 2 - $10.75
COD MW2 - $30

AC:2 - $30
Halo ODST - $25.50

After EDGE and coupon I managed $189.

Here's some TIV's from today:

Xbox 360
Tenchu Z: 4.75
Cabela's Alaskan Adventure: 4.75
Bourne Conspiracy: 3.50
Supreme Commander: 3.25
PGR 4: 1.75

Wii
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam: 2.50
Spongebob Creature From the Krusty Krab: 3.00
Pirates of the Caribbean At World's End: 1.75

PS3
Oblivion: 5.75

[quote name='Peyton Manning']quick question. i am trading in wii sports with a few other games, if it has scratches and they add a refub fee and it goes below 2.00 can i still get the 3/10 or 4/20?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I believe the refurb fee is added like a "New Product", so it doesn't affect the trade-in value. Those are listed seperately on a receipt.

[quote name='chuckywang']Yes, I believe the refurb fee is added like a "New Product", so it doesn't affect the trade-in value. Those are listed seperately on a receipt.[/QUOTE]

and you are charged tax on refurb fees

[quote name='supercoolguy']and you are charged tax on refurb fees[/QUOTE]

It's taken off the store credit you get from your trade-ins, and I believe for most of us store credit is tax-free. At least for me.

Some trades from Saturday (12/19):

MLB 09 The Show - $7.75 (down $0.25 from 12/12)
Midnight Club LA - $7.50

Fallout 3 - $6.25 (down $2.50 from 12/15)
Transformers The Game - $2.50

:wii:
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast - $5.50
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption - $3.00 (down $1.75 from 10/19)
Ghost Squad - $5.25
Ready 2 Rumble Revolution - $2.25 (down $0.75 from 10/04)

Quick question. For the trade 2/3 get $5/$10 on DS/PSP can I trade in UMD movies too? I didn't see any trade in values for UMD movies in the PSP list so I'm guessing they won't take them. Is this correct? Thanks. :p

So with the 50% deal, codmw2 is $48. And next week best buy is selling it for $40....so i might buy a copy or two to flip and then price match later....(i have a bunch of other games to trade and 2 close gamestops, btw)

[quote name='hotrocks']So with the 50% deal, codmw2 is $48. And next week best buy is selling it for $40....so i might buy a copy or two to flip and then price match later....(i have a bunch of other games to trade and 2 close gamestops, btw)[/QUOTE]

a roughly 10% profit on a 40$ investment is not worth the negative karma points from preventing people from getting mw2 on the cheap

friends dont let friends make stupid flips

TIV's

PS3 NHL 09 4.25$
PS3 Fallout 3 5.75$
PS3 Resistance 2 6.25$
PSP Harry Potter: Half Blood Prince 6.50$
PSP Monster Hunter: Unite 5$
PSP Cars: Race-o-rama 9$
PSP MLB 09 The Show 6.50
360 Baseball 2K9 2.75$
360 NHL 10 18.25$
360 NCAA Basketball 09 2$
360 Naruto: Rise of the Ninja 3.25$
360 SF IV 3.25$
360 Section 8 6.25$
360 GH: Metallica 12.75$
360 Xmen: Wolverine 9.25$
360 Wolfenstein 10.50$
360 Rockband 2 4.50$
360 Resident Evil 5 5.50$

[quote name='joshthegreat69']Anyone know what Fairytale Fights trades in for?[/QUOTE]

I believe it was $7.20 in cash or $9 and change for credit. Couple that with the current 'trade 3/4 get $5/$10 extra' deal or the 50% extra TIV coupon that's floating around and you could make a good buck for each copy.:D

No problem. Glad I could help. I listed the TIV at other stores in the thread about this free game glitch thing and surprisingly Blockbuster has the best at $22 apiece, followed by FYE with $18 CASH(or $21 credit) and Hollywood Video with $16 apiece.

I traded in a 360 and ps3 copy of Fairytale Fights today for $9 each plus the 50% coupon made them like $14 a piece. Not bad for paying nothing.

Updated lists and working on the database right now. Is anyone else having trouble with CAG loading? I doubt it's just me but I'm curious.

Couldn't find trade in values for the following games, can anyone help me out?

PSP:
WWE Smack Down vs Raw 2006
Ape Escape On The Loose
Kao Challengers
2006 Fifa World Cup
Puzzle Challenge Crosswords and more!

Nintendo DS:
Charlottes Web
Dino Master: Dig Discover Duel
Garfield A Tail of Two Kitties

Basically I'm just hoping they work with the promo for extra 10$. Tryna dump off my brothers old crap since it's just sitting there for years.. Thanks!

TIV for 12/20 all before promos and EDGE of course

Eternal Sonota 7.75
Fairytale Fights 9.00
Splinter Cell Double Agent 5.75

:ds:
Nintendogs Lab 4.25
Nintendogs Mini Dachshun 4.25

Fairytale Fights 9.00

69.00 after edge and promos

Traded in a pile of stuff, all prices in the OP are still accurate with one exception

Mirror's Edge - Xbox 360 - $5.75 (down .50 from the OP)

Thanks again jp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back