GS TIV: Trade 2/4/7 get extra $10/25/50 on 360/PS3/Wii games, $30 HW bonus on new HW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6866412

[quote name='CheapyD']I'd like to encourage you guys to submit your GameStop trade-in values to our database directly. You can access it from the main navigation bar under Retailers -> GameStop or here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/retailer.php?do=view&retailerid=13[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

Upcoming Promos:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I didn't see this posted here.

I work at GS and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on ALL games. Yes, every game and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with Edge card.

I know I have some crap to unload come Monday![/QUOTE]

flagg1216 also noted that this promo only goes for a week.

[quote name='flagg1216']wii/ps3/360 trade 2 for 20% bonus 4 for 30%bonus or 6+ for 40%

no other info.no pics.[/QUOTE]
This one will probably start after the week long Extra 50% on all games promo.

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade more, get more! (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2 Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games and get an extra $10 trade-in credit, trade 4 get $25 or trade 7 get $50.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Games with a trade value of $5.00 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades.[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID (thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Arkansas, California, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
base TiV on 1/1/10 -
all for DS -
Grid - $1.75
American Girl: Julie finds a way - $1.75
Animal Crossing - $6.75

[quote name='lovick']Would gamestop take a copy of MW2 that has been buffed out and works on occasion?(Obviously not telling them as such, it looks like newish.[/QUOTE]

And people complain how Gamestop rips US off:applause:

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Does anyone know if the Collector's Edition of DMC4 might be worth more than the regular edition?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Link927']It should be, the steelbook is kinda rare. Its not too sought after compared to some other games out there, but its sure worth more than its regular edition counterpart.

EDIT: If you're speaking about TIV wise, they'll probably count it as the same though[/QUOTE]

Yep. The TIVs will be the same. There are only a rare few examples of CEs/LEs that get more, and they usually contain more gameplay elements. An example would be last year's Madden, because it contained a copy of NFL Headcoach.

[quote name='lovick']Would gamestop take a copy of MW2 that has been buffed out and works on occasion?(Obviously not telling them as such, it looks like newish.[/QUOTE]
Yes, they don't test games, if it looks alright they will accept it. I bet you complain in the forums too about how GS robs us.

How do you badly scratch a game anyway to warrant buffing? All my DVDs and games are in pristine condition. Do you fucking hump them or use them as a body scrub? Even my clumsy friends have a hard time damaging discs so that they need buffing to work.

[quote name='salazarmark']Yes, they don't test games, if it looks alright they will accept it. I bet you complain in the forums too about how GS robs us.

How do you badly scratch a game anyway to warrant buffing? All my DVDs and games are in pristine condition. Do you fucking hump them or use them as a body scrub? Even my clumsy friends have a hard time damaging discs so that they need buffing to work.[/QUOTE]
Nah, I'm actually one of the few that LIKE GameStop.
And the only reason it got screwed up is cause my little sister knocked the Xbox over with MW2 in it, making the big-ol-ring on it.

[quote name='lovick']Nah, I'm actually one of the few that LIKE GameStop.
And the only reason it got screwed up is cause my little sister knocked the Xbox over with MW2 in it, making the big-ol-ring on it.[/QUOTE]

Youd figure with the days of wireless controllers..systems getting knocked over would be impossible.

You can also install the game to the hard drive to stop the disc from moving while in the system.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']You can also install the game to the hard drive to stop the disc from moving while in the system.[/QUOTE]

Yea, good luck with that one.

And the only reason it got screwed up is cause my little sister knocked the Xbox over with MW2 in it, making the big-ol-ring on it.[/QUOTE]

I lost a Bioshock disc that way and a friend of mine lost his GTA IV disc.

1/1 Trade In Values:

Locks Quest (DS) $2.75
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (PSP) $5.00
MLB 09: The Show (PSP) $6.50

All base from today 1/2/10
iconwii.gif

Ea active with strap and band-15.00
Wii sports-2.50
iconps3.gif

Uncharted-9.50
Watchmen End is Nigh(game only)-3.25
iconxbox360.gif

Blue Dragon-2.50
360 Wireless controller-11.50
360 wired headset-5.25
iconds.gif

Dragon Quest Rocket slime-1.25
Cake mania 2-5.75
Burger Island-4.25
Final Fantasy III-2.75
Animal Crossing Wild world-6.75
iconpsp_r2.gif

Final Fantasy Crisis Core-5.00
Star Ocean First depature-5.75

After all promos and such scored 134.46 :)

Here's some TIV's from today(1/2/10) Base TIV(after promo+EDGE):
Dead Space:ps3:-$6.00($11.60)
Devil May Cry 4:ps3:-$2.50($7.75)
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion(not GOTY Edition):ps3:-$5.75($11.33)
Mirror's Edge:ps3:-$7.00($12.70)

Made $43.38 on that batch after EDGE/promo.

Then traded in the following for $20 each plus EDGE 10% bump:

Fairytale Fights:ps3:-$9.00($20.90)
MLB 2K9:wii:-$6.00($20.60)
Uncharted(not for resale copy from Uncharted/DS3 bundle):ps3:-$9.50($20.95)

Picked up another Uncharted/DS bundle with the credit from those trades, so now I have 2 spare DS 3's and $84.81 left on my EDGE. Plus, I plan on dumping my copy of inFamous when I get it back from my one buddy and the new copy of Uncharted from this bundle.

Awesome promos, though I really wish they had a R&C:TOD bundle since that now makes 2 copies of Uncharted I've dumped within a week at 2 GS stores.

1/02/10
Left 4 Dead $9.00 (HURRRRK)
Dead Rising $5.00
Burnout Revenge $2.50
Crackdown $2.75

You're doing a great thing here OP.

Just sharing a story. Tried to trade a sealed Fable II into the $20 TIV promo, the girl refused to take it. I said "Well what if I just open it?" and the guy next to her said "Just open it and take it."

YMMV, of course, just providing my story.

I posted these in the other thread; maybe someone can find use for them here.

Base trade in values:

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days $18
Professor Layton and the Curious Village $15
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box $15
Rhythm Heaven $13.25
Dissidia Final Fantasy $15

BTW, anyone else having trouble getting TIVs over the phone? All of the local GS have instructed their employees to answer with a canned "we have so many promotions you need to bring the games in so the system will give you the best deal."

[quote name='phoenix529']Wow, TLP, Professor Layton and Rhythm Heaven are still actually really high.[/QUOTE]

You're telling me. After the 50% promotion and EDGE, I came out with $121.99 for the five games. Not bad considering I paid under $70 for the lot.

Here are some trade-in values

Infinite Undiscovery :360: - $6

We Love Golf :wii: - $4.50

Resistance 2 :ps3: - $6.25
SingStar ABBA :ps3: - $1
Street Fighter IV :ps3: - $4.25
Warhawk :ps3: - $0.90

I mostly just wanted to dump some older online games and games I'd never touch again. I got $42.98 after bonuses.

[quote name='phoenix529']Wow, TLP, Professor Layton and Rhythm Heaven are still actually really high.[/QUOTE]

Ain't that the truth! Used DS games must move pretty damn well if they are willing to give those kind of base TIVs.

All of these are for 360.
Guitar Hero Van Halen - $10.00
Left 4 Dead 2 - $28.00
Rock Band 2 - $4.50
Brutal Legend - $23.50
Got $86.00 after all of it, they ripped me off and didn't give me the 25% for my trading towards red dead, or my 10% for edge though, so I'll have to go back in and get my credit.

[quote name='lovick']All of these are for 360.
Guitar Hero Van Halen - $10.00
Left 4 Dead 2 - $28.00
Rock Band 2 - $4.50
Brutal Legend - $23.50
Got $86.00 after all of it, they ripped me off and didn't give me the 25% for my trading towards red dead, or my 10% for edge though, so I'll have to go back in and get my credit.[/QUOTE]

Did you receive another promo like the 4/$20? You should have at least gotten your edge, that shouldnt interfere with anything

[quote name='Link927']Did you receive another promo like the 4/$20? You should have at least gotten your edge, that shouldnt interfere with anything[/QUOTE]
I did get the 4 for 20, didn't think that would have interfered with the 25% though.

You only get one promo per transaction, so since you got the 4 for $20 you were ineligible for the 25%.

[quote name='jp0213']You only get one promo per transaction, so since you got the 4 for $20 you were ineligible for the 25%.[/QUOTE]
Oh, thanks for the info.
I still want to go back, change the preorder from Red Dead and get my edge bonus.

well in that case GS is unlikely to take it. but YMMV, I tried dumping off a copy of Mass Effect about a week after it came out because of the same issue and they saw the ring and wouldn't accept it.

1/3/08

Xbox 360
Burnout Paradise - 6.75
Fallout 3: Broken Steel & Point Lookout- 6
Fight Night Round 3 - 2
Fracture - 2.75
Halo 3 (including Legendary) - 8
Quantum of Solace - 2.75
Rise of the Argonauts - 2.75

Wii
de Blob - 4.75
Manhunt 2 - 1.5
Super Paper Mario - 8.25

Xbox 360
Godfather 2 - 8.00
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen - 15.00

PS3
Modern Warfare 2 - 28.00
Assassins Creed 2 - 28.00
Killzone 2 - 9.00

I traded the 2 360 games in for the 20$ promo, but I also got that to stack with the trade 3 for 10/4 for 20 on the ps3 games, so I made out with 128 in credit after everything. Had some credit left over from previous trade ins so i went ahead and bought a new 360 arcade. After my last one died I said I'd never buy one again, but the urge to play Mass Effect 2 when it comes out is to great :)

wow. so if you trade in a mix of xbox 360 and ps3 games, it will stack both the 10/3 and 20/4 deal? with the 10/3 it adds an extra $3.33 per game, and 20/4 it adds an extra $5.

your base TIV = 88
20/4 promo = 5 x 5 = 25
10/3 promo = 3.33 x 5 = 16.65

88 + 25 + 16.65 = 129.65, wow!

i had the guy ring up 5 xbox games and it was $43 total credit, but i decided to take one back with TIV of $7+5 promo = 12. that brought the balance down to about $30 and change, which seemed about right. (43-12=30.xx). that was also a 5 game trade, but didn't see the stacking of both promos.

so it seems like we have to trade in a larger amount of games with variety (xbox, ps3, and wii mixed in?) to get both 20/4 and 10/3 to stack?

i don't know if i messed up. i traded in 15 games today in 3 transactions (4+4+5 and 2 w/ TIV of $2 or less), but 5 of those games were multiples of smackdown vs raw 2008 so i had to split up the transactions, so i probably had no choice. i think with 15 games and 5 of them being multiples, the clerk wouldn't let me slide on that many.

will post up my TIV for today in a bit. superwol, do you mind posting your receipt breakdown so we can determine how this promo rings up?

I could very well be wrong. I think there might be a slight misinterpretation of what happened. What it looks like happened is that Superwol used the 360 games for the trade certain games get $20 off a purchase in store promo and then used the other games for the 3/4 10/20 promo. That is the way I read it though.

In case anyone cares, I traded in an Xbox 360 today 1/03/10 and got $80 plus the $20 from the hardware trade promo. This was for a core system (non-HDMI) w/ cords and one wireless controller.

Base TIV as of 1/3/10:

:360: Tales of Vesperia - $8.75 (up from $6.75 on 11/29/09)

Also saw these on the overhead board:

Assassin's Creed 2 (PS3 & 360) - $28
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3 & 360) - $28
Left for Dead (360) - $28
New Super Mario Bros. (Wii) - $25
Borderlands (PS3 & 360) - $23
Dragon Age Origins (PS3 & 360) - $23

Base TIV as of 1/3/10:

All :360:
MK VS DCU $2.75
Ace Combat 6 $8.50
Backyard Football 10 $8.75
Ben 10 $12.00

Those were all on the $20 off list so I did pretty well today.

Taking some more stuff before it ends next sunday :)

[quote name='kirins']Base TIV as of 1/3/10:

:360: Tales of Vesperia - $8.75 (up from $6.75 on 11/29/09)

Also saw these on the overhead board:

Assassin's Creed 2 (PS3 & 360) - $28
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3 & 360) - $28
Left for Dead (360) - $28
New Super Mario Bros. (Wii) - $25
Borderlands (PS3 & 360) - $23
Dragon Age Origins (PS3 & 360) - $23[/QUOTE]
Uh... I'm assuming you mean Left 4 Dead 2 right?
If you aren't, I'm gonna just buy a copy and trade it in.

[quote name='frpilot']wow. so if you trade in a mix of xbox 360 and ps3 games, it will stack both the 10/3 and 20/4 deal? with the 10/3 it adds an extra $3.33 per game, and 20/4 it adds an extra $5.

your base TIV = 88
20/4 promo = 5 x 5 = 25
10/3 promo = 3.33 x 5 = 16.65

88 + 25 + 16.65 = 129.65, wow!

i had the guy ring up 5 xbox games and it was $43 total credit, but i decided to take one back with TIV of $7+5 promo = 12. that brought the balance down to about $30 and change, which seemed about right. (43-12=30.xx). that was also a 5 game trade, but didn't see the stacking of both promos.

so it seems like we have to trade in a larger amount of games with variety (xbox, ps3, and wii mixed in?) to get both 20/4 and 10/3 to stack?

i don't know if i messed up. i traded in 15 games today in 3 transactions (4+4+5 and 2 w/ TIV of $2 or less), but 5 of those games were multiples of smackdown vs raw 2008 so i had to split up the transactions, so i probably had no choice. i think with 15 games and 5 of them being multiples, the clerk wouldn't let me slide on that many.

will post up my TIV for today in a bit. superwol, do you mind posting your receipt breakdown so we can determine how this promo rings up?[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the confusion! I took another look at my receipt and since Transformers was 15.00, it went ahead and rang that up as the trade 4 for 20 promo along with the other 3 ps3 games, so the promo didn't stack as I thought it did. Seems like if you just let the computer do the work, it'll give you the best deal more often than not. Or I just got lucky :)

[quote name='Akira119']In case anyone cares, I traded in an Xbox 360 today 1/03/10 and got $80 plus the $20 from the hardware trade promo. This was for a core system (non-HDMI) w/ cords and one wireless controller.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I was actually looking to unload mine since I recently got a new HDMI one. Now $100 at GS doesn't seem so bad in comparsion to the hassles of ebay for it.

[quote name='mcgavin27']Thanks! I was actually looking to unload mine since I recently got a new HDMI one. Now $100 at GS doesn't seem so bad in comparsion to the hassles of ebay for it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is one case where GS actually blows eBay away. Look at the completed auctions, and you see a lot of sub-$100s. After fees, you'd be getting significantly less than GS after the promo. Plus, you gotta deal with potential issues with the buyer.

Traded towards the 20 dollar deal, but i'll put the TIV's in here anyway.

PS3 - Mini Ninjas - 15.00
PS3 - Guitar Hero Smash Hits - 11.00

So Mini Ninjas works evenly for both promos if you have 3 others to trade, suprised it was still that high, got it for 12.48 at Target last month and platinumed it a few days ago, pretty fun little game.

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']Can I trade games/equipment and just get a store credit/gift card?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can.

Also, I have a launch date 360 which is starting to shit the bed. It currently works, but it's had the RRoD and is out of warranty now. If I take it in, what is the "testing" process?

Basically they turn it on, make sure it plays a game. Some stores will play for a few minutes to make sure it doesn't red ring.

Updated lists and database.

Assassin's Creed on PS3 is part of the "$20 off anything" deal. Can you stack that with the Darksiders extra 25% credit or would you just get $20 off?

1/4/10
360:
Mercenaries 2 - $4.50
Blue Dragon - $2.50
Street Fighter IV - $3.25
Bourne Conspiracy - $3.50
Assassin's Creed - $5.75
Crackdown - $2.75
Dead Rising - $5.00
Brutal Legend - $23.50
Lost - $1.50

[quote name='icedrake523']Assassin's Creed on PS3 is part of the "$20 off anything" deal. Can you stack that with the Darksiders extra 25% credit or would you just get $20 off?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Only one promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back