GS TIV: Trade 2/4/7 get extra $10/25/50 on 360/PS3/Wii games, $30 HW bonus on new HW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6866412

[quote name='CheapyD']I'd like to encourage you guys to submit your GameStop trade-in values to our database directly. You can access it from the main navigation bar under Retailers -> GameStop or here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/retailer.php?do=view&retailerid=13[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

Upcoming Promos:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I didn't see this posted here.

I work at GS and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on ALL games. Yes, every game and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with Edge card.

I know I have some crap to unload come Monday![/QUOTE]

flagg1216 also noted that this promo only goes for a week.

[quote name='flagg1216']wii/ps3/360 trade 2 for 20% bonus 4 for 30%bonus or 6+ for 40%

no other info.no pics.[/QUOTE]
This one will probably start after the week long Extra 50% on all games promo.

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade more, get more! (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2 Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games and get an extra $10 trade-in credit, trade 4 get $25 or trade 7 get $50.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Games with a trade value of $5.00 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades.[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID (thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Arkansas, California, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shiftymcneely']TIV from today

Mass Effect - $9.00
Mass Effect 2 - $35.00

Usually I just stockpile credit, but I decided to look around. Got Xmen origins wolverine mis-priced for $6.99. I thought they would notice, but lucky me.

Also, the funniest thing happened as I bought the game. Some 15 yr old kid was trading in games and the GS employee was checking the discs over. All of a sudden, he says, "I wont take this one." I look over and it is the BIGS for the xbox 360. The kid says why and opens the case. There was a USED condom attached to the manual! No joke. I just laughed and left.[/QUOTE]

:shock::puke:

And this is why I'm really tempted to wear latex gloves when looking at the shit Gamestop sells.

Well I went to Gamestop and traded in my Mint PSP 3000 and bought a new PS2...I had to argue with the gamestop employee for the extra $30.00 credit....It finally went thru..what jerks...My kids are happier now with there PS2...They never played the PSP...So I think it depends on what Gamestop you go in, some employees are real jerks..

[quote name='thunder_gamer']D'oh#-o Missed it, something is wrong with me these days. Thank you for reply.[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad, it actually wasn't in the first post until after it was mentioned. I could have swore I put that info in there but I hadn't, so thanks to both of you for pointing that out.

Also, lists and database updated.

Looks like tiered trade is coming back:

[quote name='flagg1216']wii/ps3/360 trade 2 for 20% bonus 4 for 30%bonus or 6+ for 40%

no other info.no pics.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']jp you gonna make a new thread soon? This one's filling up.[/QUOTE]

I don't see a reason for a new thread since he always updates the OP.

I try to switch to new ones when they hit page 100 for me. I sit at the post # per page default. We are about 15 and a half pages away before I make a new one.

[quote name='Brownjohn']I don't see a reason for a new thread since he always updates the OP.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I have my posts per page set to 50 per page, so I'm at around 30 something on pages, jp.

You do a hell of a job updating this thread btw. I just wish people would learn to use the posts with the TIV info instead of doing like they do in every other thread and asking people to look up info for them.:roll:

[quote name='jp0213']Don't feel bad, it actually wasn't in the first post until after it was mentioned. I could have swore I put that info in there but I hadn't, so thanks to both of you for pointing that out.

Also, lists and database updated.[/QUOTE]
Thanks jp, now I do not feel as bad.

I have couple updates for the list.

:ps3:
Wheelman 6.25
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 7.25

[quote name='shiftymcneely']Also, the funniest thing happened as I bought the game. Some 15 yr old kid was trading in games and the GS employee was checking the discs over. All of a sudden, he says, "I wont take this one." I look over and it is the BIGS for the xbox 360. The kid says why and opens the case. There was a USED condom attached to the manual! No joke. I just laughed and left.[/QUOTE]

LOL...if I would have been that clerk I would have thrown all the games back at him and told him to get the hell out of the store.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']Also, the funniest thing happened as I bought the game. Some 15 yr old kid was trading in games and the GS employee was checking the discs over. All of a sudden, he says, "I wont take this one." I look over and it is the BIGS for the xbox 360. The kid says why and opens the case. There was a USED condom attached to the manual! No joke. I just laughed and left.[/QUOTE]

new meaning to the BIGs.

Traded: (base $)

Bioshock (360): $6.75
Bayonetta (360): $23.00

I'm not going to go through it, but did anyone else find their employee uncooperative w/ accepting this week's Bioshock 2 coupon after the Trade\2\4\7 deal?

base values 2/17 (all xbox 360)

saints row 2 - 5.00
viva pinata: trouble in paradise - 6.25
burnout paradise - 6.75
midnight club: los angeles - 7.50
prototype - 6.75
namco museum: virtual arcade - 6.50
call of juarez: bound in blood - 10

Apparently been mentioned a couple places on this forum about a 50% on any trade-in, some saying with pre-order others saying without and no minimums. I'm staying out of the debate but figured I'd give everyone in the thread a heads up about another possible trade-in promo.

2/17

360-Mass Effect-$9 PS3- Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2-$20.25
Mass Effect 2-$35 Killzone 2- $10.25
Batman-$15
Bioshock-$6.75
Oblivion GOTY-$9.75
Assassin's Creed-$5.75

2/17
wheelman 360 - 6.50
far cry 2 360 - 6.25
Fallout 3 broken/pt. lookout - 6.00
dirt 2 wii - 7.00
lego batman ps3 - 7.00
Assassin's creed ps3 - 8.25
resistance fom ps3 7.00

question, what is GS's stance on broken systems?

I have 2 DS lites. One I had for awhile, the hinge isn't cracked, but it's broken. Fully playable, but very fragile. The other, I bought from GS on black friday. a month later, it doesn't turn on always and freezes during games (of course AFTER warranty ran out). Could I use either of these and still get the $30?

[quote name='flameo2000']question, what is GS's stance on broken systems?

I have 2 DS lites. One I had for awhile, the hinge isn't cracked, but it's broken. Fully playable, but very fragile. The other, I bought from GS on black friday. a month later, it doesn't turn on always and freezes during games (of course AFTER warranty ran out). Could I use either of these and still get the $30?[/QUOTE]

i would like to know this too. I have a DS with a broken hinge, but in perfect working order. Need a place to dump this so I can get a new one.

[quote name='backseatdog']i would like to know this too. I have a DS with a broken hinge, but in perfect working order. Need a place to dump this so I can get a new one.[/QUOTE]
why not just superglue or hotglue the damn thing and take your chance? if they can't notice if you tape it back together, I don't see why they wouldn't accept it, the worst they would charge you is a refurb fee (50% off TIV base).

Thanks for the heads up in this and also for the database. I was able to determine whether gamestop or amazon was the better trade-in option. Here's a rundown from yesterday :

Far Cry 2 - 6.25
Killzone 2 - 10.25
Assassin's Creed - 8.25
Uncharted - 9.50
Bioshock - 6.75
Dead Rising - 5.50
Mass Effect - 9.00

This is prior to the Edge bonus, and hit the magic seven for the extra $50.

trades from 2/17

fallout 3 expansion anchorage/pitt - 7.25
modern warfare 2 - 23.00
fable 2 - 6.00
bully - 8.00

wii

mario super sluggers - 15.00
boom blox - 7.50
wii fit plus (game only) - 6.00

I have 2 DS lites. One I had for awhile, the hinge isn't cracked, but it's broken. Fully playable, but very fragile. The other, I bought from GS on black friday. a month later, it doesn't turn on always and freezes during games (of course AFTER warranty ran out). Could I use either of these and still get the $30?[/QUOTE]

I've taken one in that had one of the hinges completely destroyed and they told me they would've taken it if it could still hold itself together (it took two hand just to keep it from falling apart). So it's entirely possible they'll take either or both.

[quote name='frankcastle']trades from 2/17

fallout 3 expansion anchorage/pitt - 7.25
modern warfare 2 - 23.00
fable 2 - 6.00
bully - 8.00

wii

mario super sluggers - 15.00
boom blox - 7.50
wii fit plus (game only) - 6.00[/QUOTE]

Fable 2 is really up to $6? Awesome, I lost the case for it so I can't sell to amazon, and it was way too low for the promo before now.

360 NBA 2K10-15.00
360 Bioshock-6.75
360 Burnout Paradise-6.75
360 Mass Effect-9.00
360 CoD Modern Warfare 2-23.00
PS3 Ratchet and Clank Crack in Time-20.25
PS3 God of War Collection-9.25

also 360 Assassins Creed 2 is 15 now.

:360: SBK: Superbike World Championship $2.75
:360: Madagascar Karts $12.15
:360: Call of Juarez $6.50 (Not BIB)
:360: Section 8 $12.00
:360: Kane & Lynch: Dead Men $5.75

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Commy']Fable 2 is really up to $6? Awesome, I lost the case for it so I can't sell to amazon, and it was way too low for the promo before now.[/QUOTE]

I'd have that person elaborate if it was the PH version that came with the extra DLC or not.

Sweet !!! This is why I just signed up for C.A.G.

SF IV only 3.25 ?! Damn it, I wanted to combine that w/ the trade in 4 for $25 extra !!!
Trading in MW2, RB2, B:BC, WAS going to SF IV. Now its not worth it.
Well I guess I will wait on the 50 % extra trade that starts on the 22nd....I hope.

They should take any DS unless it has damaged screens. Keep in mind they SHOULD charge a refurb fee for broken hinges, buttons, etc. or for systems that are crappy looking and/or covered with stickers. Even if they refurb it, you will still get the extra $30 if it applies.

Traded in:
Battlefield: Bad Company-7
Army of Two-5.75
Wheelman-6.50

ps3
Ratchet and clank: ToD-7.5

Got $54.43 after edge and bonuses

Just took advantage of 4/extra $25. Not a big difference had I waited and done the 50% deal, but didn't want to gamble on TIVs staying the same. Here's what I traded in, and if they differ from the OP...

Different:
Dragon Age (PS3) - $19.25

Still as listed in the OP:
Madden 10 (PS3)
Devil May Cry 4 (PS3)
Oblivion GOTY (PS3)

[quote name='ducci101']I'd have that person elaborate if it was the PH version that came with the extra DLC or not.[/QUOTE]

its just the regular fable 2, i work at gs and i dont recall seeing a seperate listing in the computer. ill have to look into that.

[quote name='frankcastle']its just the regular fable 2, i work at gs and i dont recall seeing a seperate listing in the computer. ill have to look into that.[/QUOTE]

there's two different used prices on gamestop.com.

God i feel kind of physically sick that i didn't wait for the 50 percent trade in deal, i traded in about 9 games and couldn't get the 7 games get 50 bucks deal so i opted for the trade in four deal, i should have just waited i'm a total retard.

[quote name='Jay']God i feel kind of physically sick that i didn't wait for the 50 percent trade in deal, i traded in about 9 games and couldn't get the 7 games get 50 bucks deal so i opted for the trade in four deal, i should have just waited i'm a total retard.[/QUOTE]

Don't get so down on yourself man, shit happens.

[quote name='Jay']God i feel kind of physically sick that i didn't wait for the 50 percent trade in deal, i traded in about 9 games and couldn't get the 7 games get 50 bucks deal so i opted for the trade in four deal, i should have just waited i'm a total retard.[/QUOTE]

EVERY one of us flubs a GS trade at some point. I've botched quite a few. The first step is to just let it go. You can't second guess yourself. GS is soul-sucking enough without letting your suboptimal trades get a hold of you.

[quote name='RollingSkull']EVERY one of us flubs a GS trade at some point. I've botched quite a few. The first step is to just let it go. You can't second guess yourself. GS is soul-sucking enough without letting your suboptimal trades get a hold of you.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, see? Now its just your turn to find a way to give them the shaft by using coupons and deals effectively.

TIV's please?

A few marked that may need price updates.

Base TiVs
Wii
Punch-Out!! -- 19.00
Mario Kart Wii (Game Only) -- 18.25

GameCube
Chibi-robo -- 1.25 (different value than listed in thread)
Zelda:Wind Waker -- 6.00 (different than listed in thread)
Animal Crossing -- 1.75 (different than listed in thread)

PS2
Capcom Classics Coll 2 -- 1.75 (different than listed)
Champions of Norrath -- 5.25 (different than listed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back