GS TIV: Trade 2/4/7 get extra $10/25/50 on 360/PS3/Wii games, $30 HW bonus on new HW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6866412

[quote name='CheapyD']I'd like to encourage you guys to submit your GameStop trade-in values to our database directly. You can access it from the main navigation bar under Retailers -> GameStop or here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/retailer.php?do=view&retailerid=13[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

Upcoming Promos:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I didn't see this posted here.

I work at GS and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on ALL games. Yes, every game and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with Edge card.

I know I have some crap to unload come Monday![/QUOTE]

flagg1216 also noted that this promo only goes for a week.

[quote name='flagg1216']wii/ps3/360 trade 2 for 20% bonus 4 for 30%bonus or 6+ for 40%

no other info.no pics.[/QUOTE]
This one will probably start after the week long Extra 50% on all games promo.

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade more, get more! (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2 Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games and get an extra $10 trade-in credit, trade 4 get $25 or trade 7 get $50.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Games with a trade value of $5.00 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades.[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID (thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Arkansas, California, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded my old 360 for a new one...I didn't get a $25 giftcard though...Did this deal already ended? Also i thought the 360 came with games & stuff...Looks like its barebones, just a memory card...

[quote name='unknownthreat']Does anyone else find it funny when someone trades in 20 games and gets $100 and they put that clap gif or say "not a bad day of trading?" Just saying. I'm going to trade in 20 games that I spent $1000. GS gave me $100. I lost $900 but I think I did good. I just want to point out that I trade games at GS all the time but you never get the better deal. GS always wins in the end.[/QUOTE]

You're right. Many apologies for expressing how I felt about something. In the future I will come to you first to get your assessment on how I should feel in any given situation. Also, most of the games I traded go for fairly cheap now. I thought CAG was full of people who never pay full price for a game if they can help it.

[quote name='rcaido']Traded my old 360 for a new one...I didn't get a $25 giftcard though...Did this deal already ended? Also i thought the 360 came with games & stuff...Looks like its barebones, just a memory card...[/QUOTE]

Usually their deals run Friday-Thursday, so looks like you missed the giftcard deal by one day. Bummer.

Also, only the holiday or other special bundles come with games, but they'd be shown on the front of the box.

Yeah they told me it ended yesterday...Someone should update the OP, so people know what's up about the $25 giftcard...I guess this is what happens when lazy it up...

[quote name='unknownthreat']Does anyone else find it funny when someone trades in 20 games and gets $100 and they put that clap gif or say "not a bad day of trading?" Just saying. I'm going to trade in 20 games that I spent $1000. GS gave me $100. I lost $900 but I think I did good. I just want to point out that I trade games at GS all the time but you never get the better deal. GS always wins in the end.[/QUOTE]

If you spent $1,000 to get 20 games, you're not a very good CAG. :applause:

(added clap gif for irony, or something)

Maybe YOU paid $50 apiece for those 20 games, but on average I've spent no more than maybe $20-30 a game with only SIX exceptions since I've been on CAG.:razz:

In many cases(HWV $5 sale, free after coupon games from Best Buy) Gamestop was paying me 2-3x what I paid for those games, so I'd still say I got the best of them.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Maybe YOU paid $50 apiece for those 20 games, but on average I've spent no more than maybe $20-30 a game with only SIX exceptions since I've been on CAG.:razz:

In many cases(HWV $5 sale, free after coupon games from Best Buy) Gamestop was paying me 2-3x what I paid for those games, so I'd still say I got the best of them.;)[/QUOTE]

Always use the same methods as you. Gotta love HWV and BB sales, coupons. As well as Target clearance and that glorious $10 off coupon they had before Christmas. Have never actually paid more than $35 of my own money for a game, ever. Never have bought a game on release date... All of that is soon to change tho with the release of FFXIII, which I am using my HWV to get. But that $60 towards the game was pretty much free due to the trading in of free copies of Fairytale Fights, love BB for that one. I should get them a valentine...haha.

20 games for $100 is kind of a gross exaggeration, in my opinion. The vast majority of CAGs are savvy enough to know to trade stuff in only when there is a decent promo going. $100 would probably be how much they made in the promo credit.

And as others have pointed out, we're CAGs, so most of the time, we are not paying full retail for games. If we do breakdown and get something around launch, we will likely do so when the first store has a sale or, at least, get a giftcard or credit somewhere.

[quote name='rcaido']Yeah they told me it ended yesterday...Someone should update the OP, so people know what's up about the $25 giftcard...I guess this is what happens when lazy it up...[/QUOTE]

Think you might be confusing this with another thread. This is the TIV and trade-in promo thread. It wouldn't have had anything about the $25 giftcard in it.

Im just saying, people who plan on changing their old 360 w/ a new 360 might still think the $25 is still valid which is not...If you dont want to include it in the OP then dont...Im just trying to help people out...

All trade in values as of 2/12/10

(X360) Assasins Creed 2 - $23.50
(X360) Call of Duty: World at War - $5.50
(X360) Dragon Age Orgins - $22.25
(X360) Need for Speed: Shift - $15.00
(Cube) Resident Evil: Zero - $3.00
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - $11.50
Xbox 360 VGA HD/AV Cable - $3.75

Ended up getting $117.95 after bonus and edge card, can't remember the last time I was this pleased with Gamestop. Renewed my Edge card and used the rest for a Xbox 360 Arcade. Go HDMI ports!

questions, any help would be appreciated:

Do you need your ID to trade in these games?

Could you just walk up to the counter and trade in your games?

Also if you don't have an edge card, could you buy it right there and then and use it right away for your trade-ins?

Also there credit could be use for anything in their store, not just video game software/hardware?

[quote name='backseatdog']questions, any help would be appreciated:

Also if you don't have an edge card, could you buy it right there and then and use it right away for your trade-ins?

Also there credit could be use for anything in their store, not just video game software/hardware?[/QUOTE]

you do NOT need your id i dont believe, i never have at GS

yes

yes

nope it can be used for anything in the store!

[quote name='backseatdog']questions, any help would be appreciated:

Also there credit could be use for anything in their store, not just video game software/hardware?[/QUOTE]

1. Depends on state law and you're age. If you're under 18 you have to have an adult present generally.

2. If you're not a regular customer they will probably ask for either some info or you may have to show ID. Again depends on age and state law. Some places are forced to make you give a fingerprint (this is the case mainly in Florida from what I've read.)

3. Yes

4. Yes

FYI to all CAG's- Wal-mart (YMMV) has Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood for $19.96, which you can trade in for $15 at GS- not bad if you're looking for a seventh game to hit your $50 bonus!!!

[quote name='MSUHitman']1. Depends on state law and you're age. If you're under 18 you have to have an adult present generally.

2. If you're not a regular customer they will probably ask for either some info or you may have to show ID. Again depends on age and state law. Some places are forced to make you give a fingerprint (this is the case mainly in Florida from what I've read.)

3. Yes

4. Yes[/QUOTE]

I've been trading in since I was 15, 18 now... never had to have a parent, but maybe employees were just lazy about it.

2/11/10 Sorry for posting late.

X360

Borderlands 24.75
Obvilion GOTY 9.75
Half life 2 The Oragne Box 7.00
Mirror's Edge 5.50
Condemned 2 Bloodshot 3.00
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 23.00
GTA 4 4.40
Dead Space 6.00
Rock Band AC/DC Track Pack 4.00
Guitar Hero 2 1.50

[quote name='bigdogn12']2/11/10 Base Trade-in Values

:360:
Battlefield Bad Company 7.00
Burnout Paradise 6.75
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 12.25
Lego Star Wars : Complete Saga 8.00
Mass Effect 9.00
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009 5.75[/QUOTE]
does it mateer if lego is a platinum hit?

[quote name='eggsbennydict']FYI to all CAG's- Wal-mart (YMMV) has Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood for $19.96, which you can trade in for $15 at GS- not bad if you're looking for a seventh game to hit your $50 bonus!!![/QUOTE]
iiiiinteresting, for some reason i never thought of doing something like that.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Anyone know if california requires a parent with you to trade in? Im 16, but ive been trading for years @ GS, but with my dad most of the time.[/QUOTE]

In SoCal, you need to be 18.

May be a stupid question but for the trade bonus when it says has to be over 5 does that include the EDGE bonus?

So for example, QoS is 4.75 or 5.22 with EDGE.. would it qualify or is it base?

They go by the base TIV.

[quote name='eggsbennydict']FYI to all CAG's- Wal-mart (YMMV) has Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood for $19.96, which you can trade in for $15 at GS- not bad if you're looking for a seventh game to hit your $50 bonus!!![/QUOTE]

Surprised CoJ:BiB still gets that much.

Surprised CoJ:BiB still gets that much.

:360:
NBA 2k10 - $15
FIFA 10 - $21.50
Lost Odyssey - $8.25
Assassin's Creed 2 - $23.50
Halo 3 - $6

:ps3:
Uncharted 2 - $24.75

:wii:
Zelda: Twilight Princess - $9.25

Too bad coupons can't be applied to the price after a price match to Best Buy or you could get the game for $9.96(after $10 off Gamer's Club coupon) and actually make some credit.:D

Hmm.. going to go for this.

PoP, SvR 2010, Madden 10, Oblivion, Borderlands, Army of Two, then either Galaxy or Socom.

Pretty good promo the more you look at it, basically I paid about as much as I'm going to get back in trade value and I played the hell out of some of them or simply just didn't like them. Hopefully Oblivion, PoP, or Socom didn't drop.

just traded in with edge card and 7 for $50
assassins creed, call of duty, halo 3, dead rising, banjo kazooie N&B, far cry 2, orange box, and bioshock (took 8 games just in case one of the prices fell and asked for bioshock back but they game me trade in for it.)

total came out to 103.96 thanks for the heads up on deal :D.

Traded some stuff in and got this for the values

Nascar 09 (PS3) - $7.75
World at War (PS3) - $12.75
Left 4 Dead (360) - $7.00
Xbox 360 Controller - $11.50

With an edge card and that 2 + 10 deal I ended up getting $54.66 credit which helped me get Bioshock 2.

Base values for today:

PSP:
Rockband unplugged 5.00
Monster hunter freedom unite: 5.00
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy: 4.75

Xbox 360:
Forza 3 18.00
Halo 3 6.00
Assasin's Creed 2 23.50

PS3:
Infamous 12.00
Resistance 2 10.00
Rachet and Clank a crack in time 20.25
Simpsons game 6.50

So after promo and edge i got $172.15. I got about 50 leftover credit from other stuff i traded months ago. Now its just time to wait for the inevitable B2G1 free sale. Good day today :D

alright just got back from my first trade-in with gamestop, here is what I got:

PS3:
Kane & Lynch: $6
Valkryia Chronicles: $5

360:
Halo 3: $6
Assassin's Creed: $5.75
Ninja Gaiden II: $6.25
Simpsons: The Game: $7
Medal of Honor Airborne: $5.25
Burnout Paradise: $6.75

So together with an edge card, I got $102.85.

Used it to purchase the mvc2 fight stick. Pretty happy with that!

[quote name='An J0e']just traded in with edge card and 7 for $50
assassins creed, call of duty, halo 3, dead rising, banjo kazooie N&B, far cry 2, orange box, and bioshock (took 8 games just in case one of the prices fell and asked for bioshock back but they game me trade in for it.)

total came out to 103.96 thanks for the heads up on deal :D.[/QUOTE]

Uh, thanks but the base TIVs for each of those you traded would be nice to know...

I'm thinking of trading in my Wii, but I want to wait for a good hardware deal.

Does anyone know if gamestop normally just gives a bonus for hardware, or is it usually what it is now (meaning they'll only give a bonus if you get another piece of hardware)?

[quote name='thunder_gamer']How much extra % does Edge card give normally? Is it still $19.99 or something for a year?[/QUOTE]

Extra 10% on all trade-ins. Edge cost $14.99 a year (with useless magazine subscription). I believe this info could be found in the OP.

[quote name='backseatdog']Extra 10% on all trade-ins. Edge cost $14.99 a year (with useless magazine subscription). I believe this info could be found in the OP.[/QUOTE]

D'oh#-o Missed it, something is wrong with me these days. Thank you for reply.

TIV from today

Mass Effect - $9.00
Mass Effect 2 - $35.00

Usually I just stockpile credit, but I decided to look around. Got Xmen origins wolverine mis-priced for $6.99. I thought they would notice, but lucky me.

Also, the funniest thing happened as I bought the game. Some 15 yr old kid was trading in games and the GS employee was checking the discs over. All of a sudden, he says, "I wont take this one." I look over and it is the BIGS for the xbox 360. The kid says why and opens the case. There was a USED condom attached to the manual! No joke. I just laughed and left.

Wow - traded in with bonuses:

Namco Virtual Museum - $12.30

Dead Rising - $12.30

Far Cry 2 - $13.12

Assassin's Creed II - $32.10 =

$69.82

Purchased:

Darksiders - $31.49 used after 10 percent EDGE discount

Final Fantasy XIII preorder laid down - $38.33

So I traded in a good game, three crap games and got another good game and paid for most of my FF XIII. Not too bad.

EDIT: By crap I mean old - not necessarily bad. My mistake on Dead Rising.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481'] Now its just time to wait for the inevitable B2G1 free sale. Good day today :D[/QUOTE]

Wait. What? GS is doing a b2g1 in Feb/March? I thought they do it once in Nov/Dec and another in Jan and that's it.

Btw, does anyone know if they do 30% extra trade in on 1 game alot?

I'm pretty sure I remember there being a B2G1 last year around March/April but not 100% positive. I, too am waiting for a B2G1 even though it will just make my backlog even bigger.

Backseatdog, you know by trading in Valkyria Chronicles at a $5 TIV, you lost out on $15?

The $5 Minimum is not inclusive of $5.00 value. It has to be $5.01 or greater.

So you got the benefit of Trade 4 get $25 and Trade 2 get $10 = $35.

If you traded in a game with $5.01 value or greater instead of valkyria chronicles, you'd of gotten more.

[quote name='RedGamer']Backseatdog, you know by trading in Valkyria Chronicles at a $5 TIV, you lost out on $15?

The $5 Minimum is not inclusive of $5.00 value. It has to be $5.01 or greater.

So you got the benefit of Trade 4 get $25 and Trade 2 get $10 = $35.

If you traded in a game with $5.01 value or greater instead of valkyria chronicles, you'd of gotten more.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, but I did trade in 8 games so I got the $50 anyway. Plus I didn't trade valkryia chronicles, it was actually army of two for the ps3. But the game case had stickers on it that said valkryia chronicles.

I didn't even know the GS employee marked it as a different game until I saw the receipt coming home. I think I lost two dollars since army of two has a higher trade in value. But not worth it going back there since the GS employee was a bit of a dick.

When I gave him the games he immediately said sorry "these don't qualify since they weren't worth more than $5". I told him I called in and check over the phone and he said, "that's why we don't give values over the phone" or something like that.

When he checked the system, he immediately shut up. Then immediately asked me to sign up for edge lol. I did sign up since I was going to do it anyway. Oh well, sorry for the long post lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back