GS TIV: Trade 2/4/7 get extra $10/25/50 on 360/PS3/Wii games, $30 HW bonus on new HW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6866412

[quote name='CheapyD']I'd like to encourage you guys to submit your GameStop trade-in values to our database directly. You can access it from the main navigation bar under Retailers -> GameStop or here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/retailer.php?do=view&retailerid=13[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

Upcoming Promos:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I didn't see this posted here.

I work at GS and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on ALL games. Yes, every game and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with Edge card.

I know I have some crap to unload come Monday![/QUOTE]

flagg1216 also noted that this promo only goes for a week.

[quote name='flagg1216']wii/ps3/360 trade 2 for 20% bonus 4 for 30%bonus or 6+ for 40%

no other info.no pics.[/QUOTE]
This one will probably start after the week long Extra 50% on all games promo.

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade more, get more! (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2 Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games and get an extra $10 trade-in credit, trade 4 get $25 or trade 7 get $50.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Games with a trade value of $5.00 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades.[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID (thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Arkansas, California, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cah412']If people are really selling all these games back at those values, I just don't understand.
[/QUOTE]

I for once have to agree. Normally, I defend Gamestop for their trade in values (there is a lot of risk involved with the volume of games they take back in trade in) but I do not think I can defend them any more. I took 6 games (GOW collection, HAWX, Transformers ROTF, and a few others) up to Gamestop the other night to take advantage of this deal and after the bonus 40% plus edge they were only going to give me $45 total. My friend who is the manager actually was embarrassed by how low the trade in values were for most of the games (Transformers ROTF was pulling $4.50 in trade but Gamestop was still selling the game for $32.99). I took the same six games to Toys R Us and without any phony bonus tacked on the same games got $82 in store credit.

Sorry, I just had to get that off of my chest. :)

Anyone have any idea what NHL 2k10 for 360 is trading in for at this time? Prob dropped now that everyone has it on sale this week for 19.99

Every store has it's advantages/disadvantages. You can certainly get more money elsewhere depending on the game. You also can get more money at GS than Amazon or TRU depending on the game if you factor in the so-called "phony bonus."

Maybe instead of threadcrapping about how awful GS is, people should thank the CAGs who contribute and post TIVs so that other CAGs can make easy choices about where to trade in their games.

[quote name='richyanks']Anyone have any idea what NHL 2k10 for 360 is trading in for at this time? Prob dropped now that everyone has it on sale this week for 19.99[/QUOTE]

You can probably call & they'll tell you.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']lmao whats your sig from? XD[/QUOTE]
Got it off some obscure website that I was at for something else.

My Sims Racing(Wii) trades for $3.25.

I actually asked the guy if he had it right. I ended up trading to Amazon where I got 12.50.

Quick little item while I'm stopped for lunch, I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want o get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database. I'll be putting this info in the first post once I'm not using my iPhone as my sole means of communication.

[quote name='jp0213']Quick little item while I'm stopped for lunch, I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want o get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database. I'll be putting this info in the first post once I'm not using my iPhone as my sole means of communication.[/QUOTE]

Putting that info in the OP is a good idea JP. It seems like every few pages we get into these battles about who has better trade in values.

While Amazon, TrU and GC all give out their TiVs freely on their websites, GS/EB doesn't. So can we all assume that if someone is taking time out of their day to post the TiVs they received from GS/EB that they have looked at all competing values and decided that GS/EB worked the best for them? Nobody wants to come in here, type up their post, check to see if any values are different than the OP and then 2 minutes later someone posts something like "You are stupid, you could have made $2 more at Amazon" or "why didn't you trade/sell it to me?"

That said, TiV from today:
:360:
Skate 2 - $9.50 (same as OP, new date)
Mini Ninjas - $8.50 (not in OP)

Both still qualify for the Trade 2 get a new game for $20/$10 so I suggest going that route if you are looking to get a new game.

[quote name='derspiess']You can probably call & they'll tell you.[/QUOTE]

They dont do that around here, you have to bring your stuff in to get it checked out which is a waste of gas money ;[

Probably a dumb question, but I'm trading in L4D and Saint's Row 2 tonight towards NSMB Wii. They don't add Edge to that as well, do they? I don't remember them doing it last time they ran the deal, so I assume it's just a straight $40 for the two games.

[quote name='JJSP']Probably a dumb question, but I'm trading in L4D and Saint's Row 2 tonight towards NSMB Wii. They don't add Edge to that as well, do they? I don't remember them doing it last time they ran the deal, so I assume it's just a straight $40 for the two games.[/QUOTE]

They will add the extra 10% but it may not apply. Whenever there is a promotion(s) the pos will check and give you whichever helps you the most.

It did give both - L4D bumped to $21.50 and SR2 to $20.50. Got :wii: New Super Mario Bros. for $12.38 after trading the two games towards it.

Base prices

:360: Left 4 Dead - $15.00
:360: Saints Row 2 - $5.00

Base TIVs (as of 12/2/09):

360-
DJ Hero w/turntable: $40.00
Fallout 3 (non-GOTY): $9.50
Borderlands: $25.00
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood: $10.00
CSI: Deadly Intent: $10.25

PS3-
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves: $25.00

Does gamestop take non working consoles for trade ins? I have a non working PS3and I refuse to get it fixed. I got it fixed already for free fortuantely, but now Sony wants $150 this time to fix so that isn't happening

Base Trade-In Values from todays trade:

Dead Space (360) - 6.00
Beautiful Katamari (360) - 9.25
Sneak King (360) - .15
Metal Gear Sons of Liberty (P3) - 7.50
Killzone 2 (P3) - 12.25
Katamari Forever (P3) - 15.00

Super Paper Mario (Wii) - 8.25
Left for Dead 2 (360) - 30.00
Tekken 6 (360) - 25.00
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (360) - 23.25
DJ Hero (360) - 40.00
Guitar Hero Smash Hits (360) - 11.25

[quote name='Rollobobo']Base Trade-In Values from todays trade:

Sneak King (360) - .15

[/QUOTE]

Well, that refutes some prior claims that GS was no longer accepting the Burger King games for trade. Hmmm. Wonder if it varies by district or by store, but that would be pretty unusual.

[quote name='jp0213']Fixed that. Sorry. Also, either this has always been an option and I've never seen it or it's something new, but I was looking at the Video Game Deal Forum and I highlighted my thread with the mouse and it changed into a text box where I could change the title of my thread. If it's been there forever, then I feel stupid. Either way, cool.[/QUOTE]

dude you are my hero. i never knew how people changed their thread titles.

[quote name='nugarp']dude you are my hero. i never knew how people changed their thread titles.[/QUOTE]
Well the normal way was to go to your first post of the thread, then click edit then go advanced. That other option was just, pure random chance came across.

Yeah, that's been there awhile.

And as always, keep up the good work.

[quote name='jp0213']Quick little item while I'm stopped for lunch, I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want o get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database. I'll be putting this info in the first post once I'm not using my iPhone as my sole means of communication.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Putting that info in the OP is a good idea JP. It seems like every few pages we get into these battles about who has better trade in values.

While Amazon, TrU and GC all give out their TiVs freely on their websites, GS/EB doesn't. So can we all assume that if someone is taking time out of their day to post the TiVs they received from GS/EB that they have looked at all competing values and decided that GS/EB worked the best for them? Nobody wants to come in here, type up their post, check to see if any values are different than the OP and then 2 minutes later someone posts something like "You are stupid, you could have made $2 more at Amazon" or "why didn't you trade/sell it to me?"[/QUOTE]

It's really unfortunate that it's come to this, but I do feel slightly vindicated. I said this was definitely the case some time ago in some random GS thread, and people were quick to jump on me about how silly it sounded. I mean, why would you want to share stuff with a community if all you are gonna get is anti-GS trolls mocking you? It's silly. It's one thing to point out to everyone that a game gets a lot more at a certain place, because that is gonna help fellow CAGs who might want to get rid of the game. It's another to direct insults at someone over trading the game in.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Awesome, cool kid.[/QUOTE]

If that was in reference to me, then I bestow you as a flamer.
Everyone's opinion should be taken into consideration. GameStop is just ridiculous many times. You work for GameStop?

[quote name='Casteor']If that was in reference to me, then I bestow you as a flamer.
Everyone's opinion should be taken into consideration. GameStop is just ridiculous many times. You work for GameStop?[/QUOTE]

no that was in reference to the guy next to you, I'm sure.

12/03/09
:ds: Viva Pinata: Pocket Paradise 4.25
:ps3: Club, The .95
:ps3: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood 15.00
:360: Call of Juarez 5.25
:psp: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 5.25

updated the database as well

12/04/09

iconxbox360.gif

Halo Wars $14.25
Halo 3 $12.25
Midnight Club LA $7.50
Lego SW Complete Saga $7.25

iconwii.gif

Mario power Tennis $13.25

iconds.gif

Harvest Moon Cute $6.75
Pokemon Diamond $3.75

iconpsp_r2.gif

Manhunt 2 $3.20

[quote name='Casteor']These TIV suck...[/QUOTE]

if thats all you have to say then dont fucking post in this thread. seriously...

todays trades base tiv
PS3
Blazing Angels 2 9.25
Bioshock 6.00
Enchanted Arms 3.00
FEAR 2 4.00
MUA 7.50

11/29
PS3
Fuel 5.50
Ghostbusters 4.25
MGS4 7.50
Wii
Madworld 5.00
Boom Blox 7.25
Boom Blox Bash 7.75
Harvest Moon 6.75
Tree Tranquility
Ghostbusters 7.50

Tales Vesperia 6.75
Saints Row 2 9.50
Prototype 11.00
Far Cry 2 8.00
Eternal Sonata 7.75

DS
Mario Kart 20.00!!!! ($30 total after 40% tiered promo + edge)

[quote name='gamerguy2k7']Does gamestop take non working consoles for trade ins? I have a non working PS3and I refuse to get it fixed. I got it fixed already for free fortuantely, but now Sony wants $150 this time to fix so that isn't happening[/QUOTE]

Yes they do take broken ones, if you go soon you get an extra $25. Yes the extra even applies to broken systems!

12/04/09 TIVs (Local Charlotte, NC Store which probably got slammed with trades)

:wii:
Brothers in Arms: Double Time - $5.25
Call of Duty: World at War - $12.75
Conduit, The - $9.50
Madden NFL 10 - $18.25
Mario Kart Wii (Game Only) - $18.00
Metroid Prime: Trilogy CE - $19.25
Punch-Out!! - $18.25
Tenchu: Shadow Assassins - $2.50
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 (Game Only) - $17.50
Wii Sports - $2.50

:wii: Accessories
Nintendo Wii Wheel - $2.75
Nyko Wii Wheel - $2.75
Nyko Perfect Shot - $0.00
Nyko Boxing Gloves - $0.00

I'm trying to formulate a way to get rock band 2 wii SE bundle online using the BEMERRY promo. If I trade in 6 games for 40% and stack 10% with EDGE, can I just walk out and use the credit online for the cheaper price? The GS employee was hesitant to answer that question. Thanks!

[quote name='miedbe7']12/04/09 TIVs (Local Charlotte, NC Store which probably got slammed with trades)

I'm trying to formulate a way to get rock band 2 wii SE bundle online using the BEMERRY promo. If I trade in 6 games for 40% and stack 10% with EDGE, can I just walk out and use the credit online for the cheaper price? The GS employee was hesitant to answer that question. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't you be able to? It's your credit, use it how you like!

Only thing to keep in mind when using store credit online is that even if you live in a state where tax is not charged on purchases funded entirely with trade in credit, the online system treats edge card trade in credit just like gift cards and you will be charged tax on the entire order.

TIV based today.

All PS3

50 cent:bots - $4.50
GRAW2 - $5.75
NFS Prostreet - $4.50
NCAA Football - $1.50
Batman AA - $20
inFamous - $ 6.50
Turok - $0.95
Lego Batman - $ 7.00
EndWar - $ 4.00
The Club - $0.95
Far Cry 2 - $ 6.75
CoD WAW - $13.00
Call of Juarez: bib - $ 15.00

[quote name='pqnet']TIV based today.

All PS3

50 cent:bots - $4.50
GRAW2 - $5.75
NFS Prostreet - $4.50
NCAA Football - $1.50
Batman AA - $20
inFamous - $ 6.50
Turok - $0.95
Lego Batman - $ 7.00
EndWar - $ 4.00
The Club - $0.95
Far Cry 2 - $ 6.75
CoD WAW - $13.00
Call of Juarez: bib - $ 15.00[/QUOTE]

Can you go back in and add a coupon on a trade? i got a coupon from the gamestop newsletter yesterday trade in any >$2 ps3 game and get an extra $5. So that would be $50 extra for all those. Coupon expires 12/10.

[quote name='Ertai']Can you go back in and add a coupon on a trade? i got a coupon from the gamestop newsletter yesterday trade in any >$2 ps3 game and get an extra $5. So that would be $50 extra for all those. Coupon expires 12/10.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can. Yeah, he really missed the boat on that.

If you want my opinion...
I would have taken for the tiered trading:

Code:
NCAA Football - $1.50
Batman AA - $20
Turok - $0.95
The Club - $0.95
CoD WAW - $13.00
Call of Juarez: bib - $ 15.00
These with the coupon:

Code:
50 cent:bots  - $4.50
GRAW2 - $5.75 
NFS Prostreet - $4.50
inFamous - $ 6.50
Far Cry 2 - $ 6.75
Lego Batman - $ 7.00
EndWar - $ 4.00
Then:

Code:
???
And finally:

Code:
Profit!

Anyone know if the tiered trading is getting renewed or replaced?

Forgive me if this has all been answered but it's rather hard to read through this whole thread on my phone since I'm without computer for a while. Went through four pages and my eyes are already bleeding. My two biggest questions are does the trade 6 for 40% extra apply across your whole trade or only to six games and does that offer go through Sunday the 6th or end today (Saturday)? Basic questions I know but haven't dealt with gamestop in like three years.

Edit: Oh also how much is the edge card? Gets you an extra 10% on trades right? Does that stack on the bonus trade value or just off the base?

Base TIVs from 12/5

:ps3:
Bigs 2 - $8
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - $30

:360:
GI Joe Rise of Cobra - $14.25
Over G Fighters - $1.75
Project Gotham Racing 4 - $2
Tom Clancy's End War - $4.50

Lists and database updated.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Forgive me if this has all been answered but it's rather hard to read through this whole thread on my phone since I'm without computer for a while. Went through four pages and my eyes are already bleeding. My two biggest questions are does the trade 6 for 40% extra apply across your whole trade or only to six games and does that offer go through Sunday the 6th or end today (Saturday)? Basic questions I know but haven't dealt with gamestop in like three years.

Edit: Oh also how much is the edge card? Gets you an extra 10% on trades right? Does that stack on the bonus trade value or just off the base?[/QUOTE]

Extra 40% applies to all games traded in together, but not accessories or consoles. It will end at the end of business Sunday. Edge card is $15 and gets an extra 10% of base value not the value after promo.

360 Saints Row 2 $5 :hot:

but I traded it towards a copy of Mario...so it bumped to $22!
Only one more day left on the trade 2 plus $10/$20 for a few titles...
other game traded was a wii Mario baseball base $11.75...

[quote name='jp0213']Extra 40% applies to all games traded in together, but not accessories or consoles. It will end at the end of business Sunday. Edge card is $15 and gets an extra 10% of base value not the value after promo.[/QUOTE]

Much appreciated, that's what I was thinking but you never know.

Dead Space Extraction (Wii) - $12
Left 4 Dead 2 (360) - $30
Halo 3 ODST (360) - $27
Resident Evil 5 (360) - $7
Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) - $7.50
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune (PS3) - $9.50
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3) - $7.50
Uncharted 2 Among Thieves (PS3) - $25

[quote name='chucknorrisisabeast']Dead Space Extraction (Wii) - $12
Left 4 Dead 2 (360) - $30
Halo 3 ODST (360) - $27
Resident Evil 5 (360) - $7
Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) - $7.50
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune (PS3) - $9.50
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3) - $7.50
Uncharted 2 Among Thieves (PS3) - $25[/QUOTE]

mmm kinda surprised L4D2 is still at 30 considering GS seems to be trying to get rid of its new copies like its the plague. We'll see how long it'll stay at that price though.

[quote name='Miro']mmm kinda surprised L4D2 is still at 30 considering GS seems to be trying to get rid of its new copies like its the plague. We'll see how long it'll stay at that price though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but L4D2 used is still $54.99 and the used market is where GS makes the majority of it's profit. I'm sure they're hoping that everyone who buys L4D2 for $39.99, will trade it in so they can resell it when the price goes back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back