GS TIV: Trade 2/4/7 get extra $10/25/50 on 360/PS3/Wii games, $30 HW bonus on new HW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6866412

[quote name='CheapyD']I'd like to encourage you guys to submit your GameStop trade-in values to our database directly. You can access it from the main navigation bar under Retailers -> GameStop or here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/retailer.php?do=view&retailerid=13[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

Upcoming Promos:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I didn't see this posted here.

I work at GS and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on ALL games. Yes, every game and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with Edge card.

I know I have some crap to unload come Monday![/QUOTE]

flagg1216 also noted that this promo only goes for a week.

[quote name='flagg1216']wii/ps3/360 trade 2 for 20% bonus 4 for 30%bonus or 6+ for 40%

no other info.no pics.[/QUOTE]
This one will probably start after the week long Extra 50% on all games promo.

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade more, get more! (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2 Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games and get an extra $10 trade-in credit, trade 4 get $25 or trade 7 get $50.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Games with a trade value of $5.00 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades.[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID (thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Arkansas, California, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaptainJoel']I know this has probably been asked before, so sorry. Can I trade a mix of PS3 and 360 games for the trade 3/4 promo? I have 2 each and am looking to pick up MW2.[/QUOTE]
yes, and if you do the b2g1 free grab another copy + uncharted 2 and trade those 2 back in with the weekly e-mail coupon. You will get 77 in credit back if the trade in value stays at 30+25 + 30% coupon + 10% edge card. Just go to another store or go back another day.;)

I'm trading in my uncharted 2 and MW2 and going to buy them with the b2g1 so I can nab a 50 buck used game for $13 more. I'm just pissed I didn't notice this until tonight so I can only do it 1 or 2 times at most tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Toss']Yes, I had never been charged the fee till 2 weeks ago....never. Now I've been charged it on various games on 4 different trade ins. F%&kin LAME![/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If I knew the local GS store wouldn't charge refurb fees on the 2 PS3 games I got for $2 each from a local shop disc only(Assassin's Creed, MGS4) I'd try to trade them, F.E.A.R. 2 and Fallout 3 from the HWV $5 sale for about $50 in credit.

But I know that the GS employees all seem to follow the new mandate of trying to soak customers with as many refurb fees as possible.[/QUOTE]

New mandate shit. How about they are trying to take in better quality games so the used games they are selling are better quality??? Don't treat your games like crap or buy scratched discs to trade in and you won't get refurb fees.

12/12 - All Wii:

Pokemon Battle Revolution - 8
LEGO Star Wars: Complete Saga - 7
Medal of Honor Vanguard - 3.75
Ben 10 -3.75
Nerf 2: N Strike - 9.50
Spiderman 3 - 2.75
Wii Zapper/Blaster - 5.50

All before edge/promo.

[quote name='meds']New mandate shit. How about they are trying to take in better quality games so the used games they are selling are better quality??? Don't treat your games like crap or buy scratched discs to trade in and you won't get refurb fees.[/QUOTE]

That's the thing though, I don't treat my games like shit. But if I buy a game cheap for flipping purposes and they're going to take 4/5's of the TIV on refurb fees, then just slap the games on the shelf without shipping them out to be 'refurbed', then that's bullshit. I've seen that happen before, so 50% of the time the refurb fees are total bullshit and just another way for GS to make free money off of suckers.

If anything, the only place I've ever bought crap condition used games from was Gamestop, so maybe I should've charged THEM a refurb fee for the disc only/scratched up games I've bought from them in times past? That seems fair to me.

I am glad that they're trying to limit people who constantly trade in shitty condition stuff from doing so by socking them with refurb fees, but all of their promos only say that the games need to be 'in full working condition' and don't clarify what that means. Unfortunately, that means it leaves it up to the individual employees discretion to decide what is 'full working condition'.

Now Toys R'Us on the other hand has signs up saying that they require everything with the games now and even on their website they dock you 50% of the TIV if a game comes disc only. That's fine with me too, since even when I buy games cheap from various sales for flipping I always try to make sure they're mint/complete.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's the thing though, I don't treat my games like shit. But if I buy a game cheap for flipping purposes and they're going to take 4/5's of the TIV on refurb fees, then just slap the games on the shelf without shipping them out to be 'refurbed', then that's bullshit. I've seen that happen before, so 50% of the time the refurb fees are total bullshit and just another way for GS to make free money off of suckers.

If anything, the only place I've ever bought crap condition used games from was Gamestop, so maybe I should've charged THEM a refurb fee for the disc only/scratched up games I've bought from them in times past? That seems fair to me.

I am glad that they're trying to limit people who constantly trade in shitty condition stuff from doing so by socking them with refurb fees, but all of their promos only say that the games need to be 'in full working condition' and don't clarify what that means. Unfortunately, that means it leaves it up to the individual employees discretion to decide what is 'full working condition'.

Now Toys R'Us on the other hand has signs up saying that they require everything with the games now and even on their website they dock you 50% of the TIV if a game comes disc only. That's fine with me too, since even when I buy games cheap from various sales for flipping I always try to make sure they're mint/complete.[/QUOTE]

Only thing though is they will not charge the refurb without shipping them out. TRUST ME. When it gets tagged as refurb it must be sent out or it will effect their counts. Bad counts lead to bad things such as smaller bonuses for the manager. I am more than willing to bet that items tagged for refurb are always getting sent out and not put back on the shelf.

I know things that are tagged as refurb do get put right back on the shelf on a semi regular basis. Especially at the stores around here.

how much do you think i can get for my ds phat. it has been a while since the last post. also will there be a fee for not having the original stylus.

[quote name='Peyton Manning']how much do you think i can get for my ds phat. it has been a while since the last post. also will there be a fee for not having the original stylus.[/QUOTE]
Don't bother. $10, maybe $15, a lite is $20 last I checked. Just sell it here for $40 shipped or on CL.

[quote name='rmb']Don't bother. $10, maybe $15, a lite is $20 last I checked. Just sell it here for $40 shipped or on CL.[/QUOTE]

doesnt gamestop sell them for 40 or 50? personally i would rather pay 50 and be able to check it out before paying 40 and be stuck with a system that is messed up

[quote name='meds']New mandate shit. How about they are trying to take in better quality games so the used games they are selling are better quality??? Don't treat your games like crap or buy scratched discs to trade in and you won't get refurb fees.[/QUOTE]

I got charged a refurb fee now a game I bought on gamestop.com and only played once and did not scratch...you sound like a bitch GS manager STHU!

[quote name='meds']Only thing though is they will not charge the refurb without shipping them out. TRUST ME. When it gets tagged as refurb it must be sent out or it will effect their counts. Bad counts lead to bad things such as smaller bonuses for the manager. I am more than willing to bet that items tagged for refurb are always getting sent out and not put back on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

Like jp said(and I've witnessed as well), stuff does get put back on the shelves without being sent out to be refurbed. How do I know? Because I marked the case or coverart and the disc in a specific way and I found them in the exact same condition as I traded them in about 2 days later.:roll:

[quote name='kube00']rogue warrior ps3 $20.75 base[/QUOTE]

Ouch. For a new release that has dropped like a rock.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Like jp said(and I've witnessed as well), stuff does get put back on the shelves without being sent out to be refurbed. How do I know? Because I marked the case or coverart and the disc in a specific way and I found them in the exact same condition as I traded them in about 2 days later.:roll:

Ouch. For a new release that has dropped like a rock.[/QUOTE]
@IAmTheCheapestGamer don't mark them :( GS stickers are bad enough :p

[quote name='salazarmark']@IAmTheCheapestGamer don't mark them :( GS stickers are bad enough :p[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. But I didn't mark them in a way that would've been easily seen by anyone, like putting a bit of black marker on the black part of a PS2 disc(where it says Playstation 2). It tends to look a little different than the normal black color on the disc.

I also did the same to the coverart in a spot no one would really think of looking too.:D

But the most aggravating part of it all was that I was still nailed for the fees and the games didn't get 'refurbed'.:bomb::bomb:

wow - i was trying to get a PSN card today with some DS games.

$6.00 for Metal Slug 7, Wipeout Pulse, and Space Invaders Extreme.

0.90 for space invaders extreme. I walked right out.

[quote name='jer7583']wow - i was trying to get a PSN card today with some DS games.

$6.00 for Metal Slug 7, Wipeout Pulse, and Space Invaders Extreme.

0.90 for space invaders extreme. I walked right out.[/QUOTE]

put them on craigslist, i'm sure youll get double for each game by the end of the day

I have a couple of games waiting to trade in.

:gc: Rogue Squadron, Reign of Fire, Madden 05, Madden 08, Conflict Desert Storm

:360: 2x Gears of War

After comparing Madden 08's TIV on Toyrus (online) and Gamestop (in-store), TRU gives me $10 while Gamestop gives est. $3. I am going to figure out how much TRU gives me instore for Madden 08 to use as a estimate for how much less $$ TRU gives me in store as compared to online. Even if i added the 30% coupon, I'd have to print out 4 of them and the "added" value wouldnt be too much. So does this sound good to my fellow CAG's ? :applause:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Tell me about it. But I didn't mark them in a way that would've been easily seen by anyone, like putting a bit of black marker on the black part of a PS2 disc(where it says Playstation 2). It tends to look a little different than the normal black color on the disc.

I also did the same to the coverart in a spot no one would really think of looking too.:D

But the most aggravating part of it all was that I was still nailed for the fees and the games didn't get 'refurbed'.:bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

Well certainly it can happen. I'm just saying you can rest assured that overall throughout the company that it is not standard practice. That being said... If you marked the disc as you claim, how did you see the disk again to verify? Live discs are not kept on the sales floor at any GS I have ever seen.

[quote name='Toss']I got charged a refurb fee now a game I bought on gamestop.com and only played once and did not scratch...you sound like a bitch GS manager STHU![/QUOTE]

First of all, I am by no means employed by GS. It sounds like a case of an employee being a jerk and refurbing you when they should not have. Sadly every store and chain has crappy employees who are db's and do that crap. If you are letting them charge a refurb fee on something that clearly did not need it and didn't speak up then your a bitch for letting them rape you:lol:

[quote name='slidecage']doesnt gamestop sell them for 40 or 50? personally i would rather pay 50 and be able to check it out before paying 40 and be stuck with a system that is messed up[/QUOTE]

$60, and God only knows the condition of used fat DS models at GameStop.

[quote name='meds']Well certainly it can happen. I'm just saying you can rest assured that overall throughout the company that it is not standard practice. That being said... If you marked the disc as you claim, how did you see the disk again to verify? Live discs are not kept on the sales floor at any GS I have ever seen.[/QUOTE]

I pretended like I wanted to buy the game and asked if I could compared the copies they had.

[quote name='meds']
First of all, I am by no means employed by GS. It sounds like a case of an employee being a jerk and refurbing you when they should not have. Sadly every store and chain has crappy employees who are db's and do that crap. If you are letting them charge a refurb fee on something that clearly did not need it and didn't speak up then your a bitch for letting them rape you:lol:[/QUOTE]

The disc could use a refurb for cosmetic reasons. It is scratched up, but it does play. I kept the game, so I guess that only leaves one bitch...;)

12/13
GTAIV (360) - $6.50
WarioWare:SM (wii)- $8
Golden Axe:BR (ps3) - $2.25
Sonic Unleashed (ps3) - $5

Not bad from the HWV $5 sale....plus I used flip credit from Dark Spire/Space Chimps/etc flip so no cash out of pocket...:)

TIV from 12/13
Histor Channel: Battle for the Pacific (Xbox 360) - 4
Afro Samurai (Xbox 360) - 4.75
Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast (Wii) - 5.50
Fallout 3 (PS3) - 7

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Anyone have a trade in value for district 9 (360)? I can;t find a trade anywhere - Amazon, GS, BB... Nothing...[/QUOTE]

I can think of a pretty good reason why. ;)

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Anyone have a trade in value for district 9 (360)? I can;t find a trade anywhere - Amazon, GS, BB... Nothing...[/QUOTE]

Are you perhaps thinking of "Section 8"?
District 9 does not exist as a videogame.

As of today 12/15:

:360:GTA IV - $6.50
:360:Halo 3 - $12.00
:360:Wheelman - $6.75
:360:COD 4 - $9.50

Ended up for $58.23 after $20 promo and edge. Was a good flip.

Base trade values for 12-15-09:

:ps3: Fallout 3 $7
:ps3: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood $15
:360: Resident Evil 5 $5.75
:360: Flatout: Ultimate Carnage $2.00
:360: Virtua Fighter 5 $2.25
:360: Street Fighter IV $3.50

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']As of today 12/15:

:360:GTA IV - $6.50
:360:Halo 3 - $12.00
:360:Wheelman - $6.75
:360:COD 4 - $9.50

Ended up for $58.23 after $20 promo and edge. Was a good flip.[/QUOTE]

Glad to see GTA IV and San Andreas (PS2) are worth the same...:roll:

From today (12/15):

:pS2: GTA San Andreas - $6.50

[quote name='z24buddy']Are you perhaps thinking of "Section 8"?
District 9 does not exist as a videogame.[/QUOTE]

Yes... As you can tell, I got it for the points... I didn't even know the name of the freakin' game...

Amazon gives $15, so GS is probably close...

[quote name='sabanoo']Glad to see GTA IV and San Andreas (PS2) are worth the same...:roll:

From today (12/15):

:pS2: GTA San Andreas - $6.50[/QUOTE]

I think part of the reason they pay so much for GTA:San Andreas is that they wont buy the original one due to the Adult rating. But I can't help but wonder who still buys this one for $18+ used which is what they sell it for. As old as it is SA still has a lot of things going for it such as the massive scale of area to cover. Does anyone else remeber how cool it was the first time you found and piloted the jumbo jet at the LV airport? (much bigger than the business jet for those that never made it to this Easter egg)

[quote name='z24buddy']I think part of the reason they pay so much for GTA:San Andreas is that they wont buy the original one due to the Adult rating. But I can't help but wonder who still buys this one for $18+ used which is what they sell it for. As old as it is SA still has a lot of things going for it such as the massive scale of area to cover. Does anyone else remeber how cool it was the first time you found and piloted the jumbo jet at the LV airport? (much bigger than the business jet for those that never made it to this Easter egg)[/QUOTE]

Good times, a lot of people say Saint's Row is this gens GTA:SA, but IMO Saint's Row doesn't even come close to San Andreas in any area outside the graphics & maybe the aiming controls.

Off-topic, but I'm with you guys. San Andreas might be my most enjoyable overall gaming experience ever, simply due to the sheer amount of shit there is to do. Screwing around in SA is better than any other open-world game.

Bad trade in today
PS3 Sing it software $1.25
Wii Rock Band Track Vol 1 $2.25
Wii Cranium Kabooki $2
360 CoD 3 $3.25
PS3 Microphone wired $3

did not get the Bonus......

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back