GS Trade-in Values: Old Thread, Check First/Last Post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
THIS THREAD LOCKED, NEW ONE HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6952150

[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% Bonus On All Games Traded (3/17/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games and receive an extra 50% trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III (4/4/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III when trade 2 select Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games.

Click Here for details.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III only. Final Fantasy XIII releases 3/11/10, God of War III releases 3/16/10. Release date subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Price shown is net after trades. God of War III's and Final Fantasy XIII's regular retail price is $59.99. Net retail will differ for special editions. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 02/22/10 - 04/04/10..[/QUOTE]

Power Trades 25% (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games towards the pre-order or purchase of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell: Conviction: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption or Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver and receive an extra 25% Trade-in Credit!

Expires: 3/14/2010. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell Conviction, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption, Pokemon Heart Gold or Pokemon Soul Silver. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

Nintendo DSi XL Promo (Unsure End Date)
[quote name='vze21gwa']Gamestop is having a trade up offer for the Nintendo DSi XL, where you can get one for $99.99 if you trade in your DSi or $129.99 if you trade in your ds lite. Just thought to let you know cause it's not posted.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arkansas, California, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Im really struggling tryin to figure out if I should trade MW2 or not. I probably wont play it anymore with BFBC2 coming out, but you never know, and I have soooo many friends still to this day playing it. but the TIV will never be this high again ARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='frankcastle']so why didnt you put the $5 down and preorder it?[/QUOTE]
Because I wasn't sure I was gonna buy it at GS and low and behold here's a deal and coupon I can take advantage of. Plus, I only preorder things that I know I won't have money for on release day (so I can pay it off in advance) or if there's some amazing preorder bonus. C'mon, who honestly thought Heavy Rain would sell out? I think idea for the game was great and after the demo I knew I was picking it up on release day, but no way I thought GS would be sold out.

:ps3: Base TIV
Prince of Persia 5.25
Silent Hill Homecoming 6.00
Resident Evil 5 12.00
Mirror's Edge 6.75
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 11.00
Skate 2 6.00

[quote name='-Mystery-']Anybody got a price on Modern Warfare 2: Harden Edition for PS3?[/QUOTE]

Likely the same as the normal edition. They don't differentiate on special editions.

[quote name='Pojomofo']Im really struggling tryin to figure out if I should trade MW2 or not. I probably wont play it anymore with BFBC2 coming out, but you never know, and I have soooo many friends still to this day playing it. but the TIV will never be this high again ARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Do it. It's a horrible game either way but you can buy it back for much cheaper later if you're so dying to play it.

Thank you cag! After trying l4d2 ONCE with friends, they all hated it, and I don't really want to play online with 3 randoms. I thought the purchase was worthless. This worked well in my favor.
Base values
360-
Left 4 Dead 2 - 29.75
Samurai Warriors 2 - 1.50

Ps3-
Quantum of Solace - 5.50

After edge, nearly 60 bucks. I made like 15 on l4d2 counting the pre-order credit from amazon and broke even on those other two games I'll never play, nice.

[quote name='confoosious']I think everything has been reported but here's the base TIV for what I got today:

Wii Fit 2.25
FIFA 10 x360 = 21.50
Pokemon Gold GB Color = $2.25 just kidding!
Ghostbusters 360 = $6[/QUOTE]

Ghostbusters back up from the gutter. You've made my day, sir.

[quote name='Microshock']Do it. It's a horrible game either way but you can buy it back for much cheaper later if you're so dying to play it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, im planning to do the same with Mass Effect 2 (Not because its a bad game, but 56 trade in is massive, and i can easily rebuy it later for cheaper, especially since i have a cerberus code already)

Anyone think I can get over $50 for the following games?

PS3
NFS:pro Street
Burnout Paradise

Ps2
Brothers in Arms : Road to hill 30
Soulcalibur 3
State of Emergency
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 1
GH II
FFXI
NFL Gameday 2001
Blowout
BloodRayne
Resident Evil Outbreak
Ford Mustang
Terminator 3 Redemption

Rockstar Table Tennis
CoD2
Frontlines
Bioshock 1
Forza 2
LOTR BFME II
Blazing Angels 2

~ I tried looking up on the TIV here but most of them aren't listed. I'd just like an opinion from someone :(

[quote name='WTFer']Does the extra 50% thing work with Ps2 games?

Anyone confirmed it?[/QUOTE]

All games, go ahead and trade yours in.

[quote name='Gbear09']Traded in L4D2 for 29.75, and bought a Collector's Edition Mass Effect 2, complete with unused codes! Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

I asked for the ME2 Collectors edition today cause you never know... the clerk turned it into an opportunity to tell me that any games I want I should preorder. :roll:

[quote name='Ragalshnagal']Anyone think I can get over $50 for the following games?

PS3
Burnout Paradise

Ps2
Soulcalibur 3
State of Emergency
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 1
GH II
FFXI
NFL Gameday 2001
Blowout
BloodRayne
Resident Evil Outbreak
Ford Mustang
Terminator 3 Redemption

Rockstar Table Tennis
CoD2
Frontlines
Bioshock 1
Forza 2
LOTR BFME II
Blazing Angels 2

~ I tried looking up on the TIV here but most of them aren't listed. I'd just like an opinion from someone :([/QUOTE]

$70-$80, but this is just my guess, can be more or less than that.

[quote name='killer9']mw2 is awesome dont let these fool tell u otherwise[/QUOTE]

I don't think he needs anyone's review of the game since he owns it.

I'm contemplating trading in GTA: Episodes ($24 total) since it's coming out for PS3 now. I paid $24 for it, so I'm not losing anything. Unless, of course, the base value has gone down from $15.

[quote name='mistrsam']$70-$80, but this is just my guess, can be more or less than that.[/QUOTE]

Really? I was hoping for at least $40! Maybe now I can pay off the rest of the money for Pokemon Silver and maybe pre-order 3D Dot Game Heroes!

Thanks! :D

Wow what an afternoon! What I thought was going to be a quick stop by both local GS ended up turning into quite the ordeal. So I go to the first GS and buy Heavy Rain and then ME2 for $36 after coupon. I head on over to the other GS a mile away. Brought in Mad World and ME2 to trade. The manager starts askin me these questions about the game and then asks if I just came from the other store. I was like uhhhh nooo. This other chick that walked in the store at the same time as me asks to buy Heavy Rain and he gets it and starts ringing her up. But he puts the purchase on my edge card! Both me and the girl realized he thought we were together and explain to him that we are not. So after that he lets her buy the game first and she leaves. I still want to do my trades, so he voids that transaction and says he has to go to the back to do something to the computer there. I'm thinkin oh great...so I'm just chattin with the other sales guy there and he says, so you like taking advantage of the glitch huh? I just laugh and nod. He says he doesn't care and would ring me up. Realizing now the other store must have called this one... This sales guy starts to ring my trades up again and I ask to preorder GOWIII since he was being a nice guy. But the manager comes back and tells me the other store called and warned about me, that I'm taking advantage of them and tells the sales guy to void it. I take my games and about to leave and the manager asks me nicely what was going on. I tell him about the coupon and buying ME2 then bringing it to his store. He thinks for a moment and says that since I was pre ordering a game he would do it for me. But he calls the DM first to make sure it is okay. It was okay'd by district and he tells me that as long as I preorder stuff with him and his store he'll take care of me and let me walk this gray line. Haha, fun day!

Oh, and here are the TIV.

Madworld - $5
ME2- $35

Hmmmmm so just did some checking and out of the almost 1,000 or so games I own only a few seemed worth it to trade in to gamestop. The rest you could get a better price selling on amazon even after they took their fees...or a slightly worse price then a gamestop trade in but hey $10 cash beats $12 gamestop credit any day!

To try and help these were the games going off front page pricing that are def worth it to trade to gamestop.

Mario and Luigi Bowsers inside Story
New Super Mario Brothers
Mario Kart DS
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
The Simpsons Game 360

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']

Bioshock 2 ------- $51.XX
[/QUOTE]

As of today, the base tiv for bioshock 2 is $25. After promo and edge, you will get $40. Nice try. Maybe next time. :bouncy:

so I traded some stuff in not as much as I WAS going to. I got $292 in credit. The manager was amazed as well. And also picked up my PAID off copy of HEavy Rain WITH a used copy of ME2(using the 25%) off coupon. ME2 came to $35.75. Then I traded the game in and got $56 brining my total to $313. So I then reserved UFC 2010. And still have $250 left. And I paid off GOW3 Ultimate Edition and Alan Wake months ago. So I got some good credit to go for a while.

Base price for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (regular edition) PS3 is $6.00, just traded in a copy. The TiV listed in the OP has it as $2.50

[quote name='anthfett06']Wow what an afternoon! What I thought was going to be a quick stop by both local GS ended up turning into quite the ordeal. So I go to the first GS and buy Heavy Rain and then ME2 for $36 after coupon. I head on over to the other GS a mile away. Brought in Mad World and ME2 to trade. The manager starts askin me these questions about the game and then asks if I just came from the other store. I was like uhhhh nooo. This other chick that walked in the store at the same time as me asks to buy Heavy Rain and he gets it and starts ringing her up. But he puts the purchase on my edge card! Both me and the girl realized he thought we were together and explain to him that we are not. So after that he lets her buy the game first and she leaves. I still want to do my trades, so he voids that transaction and says he has to go to the back to do something to the computer there. I'm thinkin oh great...so I'm just chattin with the other sales guy there and he says, so you like taking advantage of the glitch huh? I just laugh and nod. He says he doesn't care and would ring me up. Realizing now the other store must have called this one... This sales guy starts to ring my trades up again and I ask to preorder GOWIII since he was being a nice guy. But the manager comes back and tells me the other store called and warned about me, that I'm taking advantage of them and tells the sales guy to void it. I take my games and about to leave and the manager asks me nicely what was going on. I tell him about the coupon and buying ME2 then bringing it to his store. He thinks for a moment and says that since I was pre ordering a game he would do it for me. But he calls the DM first to make sure it is okay. It was okay'd by district and he tells me that as long as I preorder stuff with him and his store he'll take care of me and let me walk this gray line. Haha, fun day!

Oh, and here are the TIV.

Madworld - $5
ME2- $35[/QUOTE]

A DM got involved?
I will be absolutely amazed if ME2 holds a decent TIV tomorrow....

Yep, I just did that for L4D2.

Also Base Values today:

Xbox 360:
Karaoke Revolution AI Encore: $4
Rock Band AC/DC: $4
COD MW2: $23
Guitar Hero Smash Hits: (I think it was right around $9)
L4D2: $29.75

PS2
Culdcept $1.50 (held onto it)

Anyone who doesn't think ME2 is worth trading in is just plain silly. Assuming it a game you are done with 56 dollars of GS credit is damn good.

I doubt you could even get that on Craigslist.

Can everyone inclined to say that you can get more at glyde/amazon/ebay just gtfo with that business?

Yes, certain games you can get more. We all understand this. If you can and want to deal with the hassle, go for it. If not, then don't. Believe it or not, some of us have more than 3 brain cells to rub together and have already done the comparison "selling".'

[quote name='unknownthreat']As of today, the base tiv for bioshock 2 is $25. After promo and edge, you will get $40. Nice try. Maybe next time. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Maybe he got more cause he's Teh Awesome?

[quote name='Ragalshnagal']Anyone think I can get over $50 for the following games?

PS3
Burnout Paradise

Ps2
Soulcalibur 3
State of Emergency
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 1
GH II
FFXI
NFL Gameday 2001
Blowout
BloodRayne
Resident Evil Outbreak
Ford Mustang
Terminator 3 Redemption

Rockstar Table Tennis
CoD2
Frontlines
Bioshock 1
Forza 2
LOTR BFME II
Blazing Angels 2

~ I tried looking up on the TIV here but most of them aren't listed. I'd just like an opinion from someone :([/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? Damn dude, do you own homework, note the ones in the op and then just call a few stores for the remainder, report the missing values here .... :wall::wall:
contributing is a wonderful thing...you could have called at least two stores with the time to type the list..

Traded in some games today to clear space on my shelf, all prices are before promos:

Wii
de Blob - 4.00
Madworld - 5.00
Punch-Out - 19.00

PS3
White Knight Chronicles - 20.25
inFamous - 12.00
Ratchet and Clank: Crack in Time - 20.25

Namco Museum Virtual Arcade - 6.50
Condemned 2 - 3.00
FEAR 2 - 4.00
FEAR - 2.50
Condemned - 2.50
Assassin's Creed - 5.75
Prey - 1.00

[quote name='donut']A DM got involved?
I will be absolutely amazed if ME2 holds a decent TIV tomorrow....[/QUOTE]

Correct. He was on the phone with "Steve" the DM. But it was okay'd with him to be buying ME2 with the coupon and then just trading it in right away. Obviously it should be, it is their own fault for running this coupon and this promo at the same time. The clerks at the other GS that called the other one deserve to know this. Thinking of going back there and doing it to them again and asking them why they called the other store.

Why do some people take such meaningless jobs so seriously?

[quote name='anthfett06']Correct. He was on the phone with "Steve" the DM. But it was okay'd with him to be buying ME2 with the coupon and then just trading it in right away. Obviously it should be, it is their own fault for running this coupon and this promo at the same time. The clerks at the other GS that called the other one deserve to know this. Thinking of going back there and doing it to them again and asking them why they called the other store.

Why do some people take such meaningless jobs so seriously?[/QUOTE]
To be fair, any job in this economy is not meaningless. You do whatever you think you need to do to keep it, depending upon your situation.

Here is all of the games I traded in and their base value:

Xbox 360
Borderlands $23.75
50 Cent BiTS 7.00
MUA/Forza 2.50
Madden 2008 1.00

PS3
Resistance 1 $7
SmackvsRaw 2009 $4.50
Heavenly Sword $8

Wii
RE:UC $6.25

PS2
WWE Smack:HCtP $2
MK: SM $3.50
Def Jam: V $2
NBA Street Vol 2 $1.50

[quote name='anthfett06']Correct. He was on the phone with "Steve" the DM. But it was okay'd with him to be buying ME2 with the coupon and then just trading it in right away. Obviously it should be, it is their own fault for running this coupon and this promo at the same time. The clerks at the other GS that called the other one deserve to know this. Thinking of going back there and doing it to them again and asking them why they called the other store.

Why not? it their job. I'm sure they should report any questionable activity.

Has anyone traded in hardware for the $30 bonus offer? I'm wondering if GS dropped the trade in values of all the consoles to balance out this offer.

:ps3: Dragon Age: Origins= $19.25
:gc: Sonic Mega Collection= $3.00(up a quarter)
:gc: Luigi's Mansion= $6.00
:ps2: The Sims= $3.50
:ds: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon= $5.00

I know some people are keeping their heavy rain copies after trading in mass effect 2 but can I return heavy rain if it's unopened after the transaction and get my money back or would it be credit?

[quote name='anthfett06']

That's the kind of attitude that makes half of retail shit. If people took pride in their jobs, no matter what job it was, life would be better.

You're the one with the attitude problem, not him. Maybe he's just trying to make sure his area stores don't get "screwed" because he'd like them to make a profit and not get laid off.

When you're doing something shady, even if it's their loophole that caused it, you have no room to criticize someone else.

YOU = FAIL

GS Employee = doing his job

Zelda Spirit Tracks (DS) - 20.00

Legends of Wrestlemania (360) - 7.00
50 Cent: Blood on the Sand (360) - 7.25
Bionic Commando (360) - 2.75
Mass Effect 2 (360) - 35.00

Onimusha 2 (PS2) - .75
Viewtiful Joe (PS2) - .60
Viewtiful Joe 2 (PS2) - .55
Maximo (PS2) - .80
Maximo Army of Zin (PS2) - .75
God Hand (PS2) - 2.75

It's very possible that the GS manager thought you were in the wrong and just wanted to alert other stores. It's not outlandish to think someone would get upset if a customer manipulated a coupon. As of today, there is nothing in the coupon wording that makes it unacceptable, so it's fine. I'm sure that is why "Steve" allowed it. The call was probably more of a "I don't want you to get in trouble, so be careful with this guy call."

As for the ME2 TIV. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep the TIV that high, but I would bet GS will fix the wording of the Heavy Rain coupon. Something along the lines of "if you return Heavy Rain, you must also either return the used game or the 25% will be deducted from your refund."

[quote name='Denbo32']Why not? it their job. I'm sure they should report any questionable activity.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I suppose. I agree with you and Jp. But questionable activity? Buying a game with a coupon and then trading it back in? As you can tell from reading this forum that is what TONS of people are doing, and it was okay'd by the DM so nothing questionable about. The guys at that one store are a bunch of pricks though, except the manager. The assistant manager who was there today and who called the other store tho, he has it out for me, I can tell. lol.

[quote name='anthfett06']Yeah I suppose. I agree with you and Jp. But questionable activity? Buying a game with a coupon and then trading it back in? As you can tell from reading this forum that is what TONS of people are doing, and it was okay'd by the DM so nothing questionable about. The guys at that one store are a bunch of pricks though, except the manager. The assistant manager who was there today and who called the other store tho, he has it out for me, I can tell. lol.[/QUOTE]
Not so much questionable activity, but something that would definitely be done by like a reseller or another entity of that nature which they don't do business with.

[quote name='anthfett06']

You could also ask, "Why are people like me such douchebags?"

[quote name='UberSwiss']It's very possible that the GS manager thought you were in the wrong and just wanted to alert other stores. It's not outlandish to think someone would get upset if a customer manipulated a coupon. As of today, there is nothing in the coupon wording that makes it unacceptable, so it's fine. I'm sure that is why "Steve" allowed it. The call was probably more of a "I don't want you to get in trouble, so be careful with this guy call."

As for the ME2 TIV. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep the TIV that high, but I would bet GS will fix the wording of the Heavy Rain coupon. Something along the lines of "if you return Heavy Rain, you must also either return the used game or the 25% will be deducted from your refund."[/QUOTE]

No, I know it wasn't a "I don't want you to get in trouble, so be careful with this guy" call. The cool manager said the ass. manager called and "warned" him about me that I would probably be coming over to trade in ME2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back