GS Trade-in Values: Old Thread, Check First/Last Post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
THIS THREAD LOCKED, NEW ONE HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6952150

[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% Bonus On All Games Traded (3/17/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games and receive an extra 50% trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III (4/4/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III when trade 2 select Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games.

Click Here for details.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III only. Final Fantasy XIII releases 3/11/10, God of War III releases 3/16/10. Release date subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Price shown is net after trades. God of War III's and Final Fantasy XIII's regular retail price is $59.99. Net retail will differ for special editions. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 02/22/10 - 04/04/10..[/QUOTE]

Power Trades 25% (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games towards the pre-order or purchase of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell: Conviction: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption or Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver and receive an extra 25% Trade-in Credit!

Expires: 3/14/2010. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell Conviction, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption, Pokemon Heart Gold or Pokemon Soul Silver. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

Nintendo DSi XL Promo (Unsure End Date)
[quote name='vze21gwa']Gamestop is having a trade up offer for the Nintendo DSi XL, where you can get one for $99.99 if you trade in your DSi or $129.99 if you trade in your ds lite. Just thought to let you know cause it's not posted.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arkansas, California, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MSUHitman']I can also confirm this in Fenton, MO as I just traded it in there.[/QUOTE]
Awesome. Thanks guys. Time to trade this in for Mag.

Funny I live near Fenton, MO too... fellow STL CAG! Peace buddy - (I hit up Sunset Hills and Crestwood Gamestops only tho, my friends work there) and BestBuy in Crestwood, so we shouldn't have any turfwar issues :) oh yeah and I traded in another
- Heavy Rain today for $25

[quote name='Klipt']Question for all the Gamestop mechination experts:

If I trade in a few games and get some trade credit on my Edge card, will I be alble to use that credit in an online purchase?

I'd like to trade in some games to make use of the extra %50 credit, and then use the credit to pre-order Monster Hunter Wii bundle online to gain the 500 Wii points and make use of the online cuopons. I called my local GS to see if the guys there knew if this would work, and they had no idea.

Cheers![/QUOTE]
Yes, you can do that. I just made a purchase using 1 giftcard and 2 edge cards.

You don't need an EDGE membership to do this. When you trade in games they give you credit on an EDGE card regardless if you have an EDGE card. I don't have an EDGE membership but still did this because the $15 wasn't worth it to me.

If your just looking for a membership, nice.

[quote name='panzerfaust']So is the best plan here to trade in a bunch of games and save the credit for the predicted B2G1 sale?[/QUOTE]

That or one of the baseball games.

because everyone either wants to play the first again (possibly import a character) or played the second one before the first and wants to go back to learn more of the story.

happens every time a sequel comes out, actually. makes perfect sense they'd raise the price if demand goes way up (which it does)

[quote name='kurrptsenate']because everyone either wants to play the first again (possibly import a character) or played the second one before the first and wants to go back to learn more of the story.

happens every time a sequel comes out, actually. makes perfect sense they'd raise the price if demand goes way up (which it does)[/QUOTE]

Mass Effect is 19.99 new everywhere else, ie. K-mart, Amazon.com

[quote name='panzerfaust']So is the best plan here to trade in a bunch of games and save the credit for the predicted B2G1 sale?[/QUOTE]
That's my plan. Any word on when it'll happen?

[quote name='killer9']why the freak is gamestop charging nearly 30 dollars for the first masss effect it was 12.99 like 6 months ago lol[/QUOTE]
It went from 12.99 to 17.99 and now this. It's crazy.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']because everyone either wants to play the first again (possibly import a character) or played the second one before the first and wants to go back to learn more of the story.

happens every time a sequel comes out, actually. makes perfect sense they'd raise the price if demand goes way up (which it does)[/QUOTE]
Not always does it make sense. ME, sure. You can import a character and what not, but it doesn't make sense to go beyond $20 when it's available to download on Xbox Live.

Most of the other times, GS just raises the prices on previous games for the sake of offering an alternative to people if they don't have the newest title. They generally figure that if a parent comes in looking for a new game that's not in stock, they can get away with selling "the next best thing."

Hell, sometimes there doesn't even have to be a new game. When rumors of a third Pikmin game came out, GS quickly bumped the price of Pikmin 2 over $20.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']yea, and they sell Wii motion plus for $5 over retail...[/QUOTE]
Don't forget the Wii Zapper!

as far as downloading it, not everyone has a 120 GB HD, or is online for that matter...

I mean I would never pay that much for it, but it's their point of view. I'm sure since everyone has their credit maybe they are targeting games that are selling quickly

Gamestop just tweeted the Mass Effect 2 TIV
'Rumor: GameStop is Commander Shepard's fav. Trade ME2 on 360 for $45 (including the 50% bonus).'
They tweeted a similar thing about Uncharted before the TIV went down $8 so they might be lowering ME2's TIV soon.
oh and I believe the 2B2G1 is mid march. I'm hoping some people will rush through FF and GoW3, lol, and I will get lucky.

Bas TIV for me today
PS3
Batman AA $15.00
Incredible Hulk $5.00
Fairytale fights 8.25
Deadspace $6.00
Viking Battle for asgard $2.50
Wii
Link's crossbow traing game only $0.75
With 50% bonus and Edge 10% got $60 credit

[quote name='bigdogn12']Mass Effect is 19.99 new everywhere else, ie. K-mart, Amazon.com[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kurrptsenate']yea, and they sell Wii motion plus for $5 over retail...[/QUOTE]

I was just about to say that. I traded in my Heavenly Sword for $12 after trade in bonus. I walked in the next day to trade more games and guess what? I saw my used version on the wall for $50 LOL.

I found that funny because you can get that same game for $10-$20 on Ebay SINCE NOBODY WANTS IT ANYMORE. Thats GameStop for ya!

[quote name='fakeemailwps']At my gamestop, the employees actually know a lot about video games. Am I the only one?[/QUOTE]

no.

my gamestop has like 2-3 dudes that know what they are talking about when they choose to open their mouths

[quote name='fakeemailwps']At my gamestop, the employees actually know a lot about video games. Am I the only one?[/QUOTE]

More importantly, every GS around here has at least one either gamer geek cute chick or just super hoot, boobies hanging out hot chick that works there. I could give a damn what they know about games...

well thats bullshit...

the old manager at my GS was like 40 something and looked old and beat up. I used to call her grandma cause she was so fucking disgusting.

2/26 base TIVs:

Wii

DJ Hero w/ turntable (standard edition) - $33.50
EA Sports Active w/ strap and bands - $15

I submitted both TIVs to the CAG database.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']More importantly, every GS around here has at least one either gamer geek cute chick or just super hoot, boobies hanging out hot chick that works there. I could give a damn what they know about games...[/QUOTE]

I remember when GS used to sell DVD's (seems so long ago!) and I bought Requiem for a Dream with a few others, and there was a ludicrously hot girl working and she said how one night she watched that and Trainspotting with a few friends, and they were all stone cold drunk. The only reason I believed her is because she chose Trainspotting as the other movie. No one knows to just randomly bring that shit up in conversation unless they've seen it.

In other girl related news, earlier this week when I traded in my games and bought Borderlands (used), she gave me what I could have sworn was a new, albeit gutted, copy of Borderlands. I open it up and tucked behind the booklet is a receipt dated for sometime in November or whenever Borderlands came out that said *Reserve Copy - Do Not Sell* or whatever. Thanks, girl who might not know the difference between used and new!

just got back

DS
Animal Crossing:wild world $6.75
new super mario bros $10.00
super mario 64 ds $7.50
metroid prime hunters $5.75
Call of duty 4 modern warfare (ds) $7.25

GBA
naruto ninja council $1.50
Mario KArt super circuit $6.00

PS3
LBP $11.25
Socom:confrontation $4.00

X360
BF:bad company $6.25
MW2 $18.00
Gears of War $2.00
Resident Evil 5 $5.00

Total after 50% plus edge $145.24

Last edited by a moderator:
is resident evil 5 8 dollars before the 50%?

Which would make it 12?

I'm thinkin about trading in

uncharted #1 ps3
re5 360
mass effect 1 360

[quote name='orbit18']is resident evil 5 8 dollars before the 50%?

Which would make it 12?

I'm thinkin about trading in

uncharted #1 ps3
re5 360
mass effect 1 360[/QUOTE]

my mistake its $8 after =/

Here are my trades today all before edge and 50% extra

Mini Ninjas 360- $7.50
Kingdom Hearts DS- $14.00
Tony Hawk Ride 360- $27.50

After edge and everything I got $44.00 for Tony Hawk Ride. Its $30 plus tax at Target. A great way to get an extra $10.

[quote name='buster90']
After edge and everything I got $44.00 for Tony Hawk Ride. Its $30 plus tax at Target. A great way to get an extra $10.[/QUOTE]

Except that none of my Targets have it on clearance at all, strangely enough. I'd almost buy it for $30 just to bang around on the board for a week or so.

[quote name='tsl141']I believe someone earlier said they pre-ordered a PS3 since they didn't have any in stock and got the $30 bonus. So it should work. I wish I had a system to trade in for a PS3, but PS3's are running limited right now and I just bought one for $200 on eBay.

I remember when I dropped $600 on a 60 GB. Damn... The price to be an early adopter.[/QUOTE]
Don't feel bad. It's the people paying over $1500 on ebay when they first came out you should feel sorry for.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']More importantly, every GS around here has at least one either gamer geek cute chick or just super hoot, boobies hanging out hot chick that works there. I could give a damn what they know about games...[/QUOTE]

:drool:

tekken 6 (ps3) just netted me $4.75 less today at $18. total loss of $7.xx shoulda not waited to get rid of that. once again let me reiterated fuck Gamestop!

Updated lists and database.

"Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."

[quote name='imri']tekken 6 (ps3) just netted me $4.75 less today at $18. total loss of $7.xx shoulda not waited to get rid of that. once again let me reiterated fuck Gamestop![/QUOTE]

should have used it as part of the gow3 promo drrr

I'm thinking about getting WET, Wolfenstein, and Dark Void online for a total of 68.11 with EDGE and the CAG16 coupon. Considering I traded in Gears of War 2, RE5, and L4D2, I think this is a win for me... But should I just wait for a B2G1 and if I should, when is this predicted to happen?

[quote name='dominator']I'm thinking about getting WET, Wolfenstein, and Dark Void online for a total of 68.11 with EDGE and the CAG16 coupon. Considering I traded in Gears of War 2, RE5, and L4D2, I think this is a win for me... But should I just wait for a B2G1 and if I should, when is this predicted to happen?[/QUOTE]

Wolfenstein was $12.99 at Gamefly.

[quote name='dominator']I'm thinking about getting WET, Wolfenstein, and Dark Void online for a total of 68.11 with EDGE and the CAG16 coupon. Considering I traded in Gears of War 2, RE5, and L4D2, I think this is a win for me... But should I just wait for a B2G1 and if I should, when is this predicted to happen?[/QUOTE]

Its been posted a couple times before, but the current rumor is that the b2g1 is going to happen mid to late march.

Traded the following today 2/26/10 - base TIVs listed.

Xbox 360
Console w\ wireless controller - $90
Wartech - $0.85
Bullet Witch - $1.75
Forza Motorsport 2, non PH version - $1.75
Ninja Gaiden 2 - $5.00
Two Worlds - $1.25
Sonic the Hedgehog - $3.50
Ridge Racer 6 - $1.00
Condemned - $2.50

With the 50% promo and the 10% EDGE bonus, two trips to GS with trade-ins netted me $199.57. I almost feel a little guilty trading in my old 360, as it was a launch unit that I had to get repaired by MS for RRoD issues. They took so long to repair it I ended up just buying a new Arcade unit with HDMI capabilities and Jasper motherboard. I posted on my first trade-in trip that the GS near me no longer accepted Gamecube items for trade-in or sale, was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem. After calling a few of the other GS stores around Baton Rouge I found the same to be true with a few other stores as well. I ended up sending my GCN trades to Amazon for $115.

Submitted updated prices to the database as well.

What I netted today (totals after 50% bonus + GS Edge):

Left 4 Dead 2 - $47.61
Mass Effect 1 - $17.21
Fallout 3 DLC disc 1 (the one with operation anchorage) - $9.60

Total: $74.42

Picked up Heavy Rain and left the rest of the credit for GOW3. I wonder how long L4D2 will hold out for, thinking of picking up a $30 copy off craigslist and flipping it for $47 GS credit.
Also, is it me, or are some CAG-ers trading in really high value games for ridiculously low trade in values (even after the 50%)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back