GS Trade-in Values: Old Thread, Check First/Last Post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
THIS THREAD LOCKED, NEW ONE HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6952150

[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% Bonus On All Games Traded (3/17/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games and receive an extra 50% trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III (4/4/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III when trade 2 select Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games.

Click Here for details.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III only. Final Fantasy XIII releases 3/11/10, God of War III releases 3/16/10. Release date subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Price shown is net after trades. God of War III's and Final Fantasy XIII's regular retail price is $59.99. Net retail will differ for special editions. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 02/22/10 - 04/04/10..[/QUOTE]

Power Trades 25% (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games towards the pre-order or purchase of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell: Conviction: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption or Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver and receive an extra 25% Trade-in Credit!

Expires: 3/14/2010. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell Conviction, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption, Pokemon Heart Gold or Pokemon Soul Silver. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

Nintendo DSi XL Promo (Unsure End Date)
[quote name='vze21gwa']Gamestop is having a trade up offer for the Nintendo DSi XL, where you can get one for $99.99 if you trade in your DSi or $129.99 if you trade in your ds lite. Just thought to let you know cause it's not posted.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arkansas, California, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='advanced']Damn. I was hoping to get rid of my red controller. Broken LB button. I'll just have to get rid of my white one now. Thanks.

Edit: Wait. I have the cover. I have a red controller and a white battery holder. Can I trade these two in together and get the full TIV?[/QUOTE]

Good question. I am not entirely sure. However, for what it's worth, I traded in a black controller and a white P&C Kit, so I don't see why not.

[quote name='advanced']Damn. I was hoping to get rid of my red controller. Broken LB button. I'll just have to get rid of my white one now. Thanks.

Edit: Wait. I have the cover. I have a red controller and a white battery holder. Can I trade these two in together and get the full TIV?[/QUOTE]

i'd assume it would be up to the person taking it in at that point.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Dammit, Gamestops Computer System seems to be getting stricter lately. Went to trade my 360 Arcade in toward my FF13 Bundle (The one i posted about earlier which i think is on its death-bed), and apparently the 30 dollars only works IF you buy the console on the same time as the trade-in >_>.

Gonna try again tommorow when the manager is there. Hoping and praying it doesnt RROD between now and Monday while its in its Box.[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't have to buy the console at the same time you make the trade-in. You should be able to trade the console anytime toward the preorder of the bundle. That's what I already did and I got the $30 bonus when I traded my 360 also near it's deathbed :lol:.

[quote name='kiotsukete']You shouldn't have to buy the console at the same time you make the trade-in. You should be able to trade the console anytime toward the preorder of the bundle. That's what I already did and I got the $30 bonus when I traded my 360 also near it's deathbed :lol:.[/QUOTE]

Looks like ill be going back tommorow, and complaining also >_>. I knew that guy was trying to rush me out of the store

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I may have to find out how much they give for the old wireless adapter and a rechargable battery with cable[/QUOTE]

Hey if you find out how much they will give you for the wireless adapter please PM me , Thanks

[quote name='dgwillia006']Looks like ill be going back tommorow, and complaining also >_>. I knew that guy was trying to rush me out of the store[/QUOTE]

The other day I traded in an elite towards the FF13 bundle that I had already pre-ordered but I wasn't given the $30 bonus at first. The associate couldn't figure it out and had to call his DM. After all of this, he changed the credit towards an Elite, instead, and transferred the credit towards the bundle (or something like that; still confused on exactly what he did but the receipt reflects this).

Oh GS fraud. Makes my customers wonder why I'm so cynical with trade ins. I love reading these threads. Wonder how many GS employees lurk CAG, too?

[quote name='TheKbob']Oh GS fraud. Makes my customers wonder why I'm so cynical with trade ins. I love reading these threads. Wonder how many GS employees lurk CAG, too?[/QUOTE]

Quite a few I think.:lol:

[quote name='TheKbob']Oh GS fraud. Makes my customers wonder why I'm so cynical with trade ins. I love reading these threads. Wonder how many GS employees lurk CAG, too?[/QUOTE]

Maybe you can answer then. I've got a black controller with a white battery cover. Will I still get the full TIV for it?

May be a silly question but does anyone know if GS still accepts the Star wars Clone wars republic games towards the FF13 and GOW3 for 20$ promo? I just purchased both a wii and a xbox version but after researching a bit I found out that the GS stores were sent an email telling them not to accept anymore of the star wars games however on the list directly from their website, it's still on there. I'm just a little nervous that I will be rejected and left with these two games.

[quote name='Hoping']May be a silly question but does anyone know if GS still accepts the Star wars Clone wars republic games towards the FF13 and GOW3 for 20$ promo? I just purchased both a wii and a xbox version but after researching a bit I found out that the GS stores were sent an email telling them not to accept anymore of the star wars games however on the list directly from their website, it's still on there. I'm just a little nervous that I will be rejected and left with these two games.[/QUOTE]
SOL tuesday was your last day to abuse this.

[quote name='kart007k']What is the trade-in value of Forza 3?[/QUOTE]

SERIOUSLY WTF CHEAP ASS LAZY GAMER , There is a reason they put the NEW TIV checker!

[quote name='GUNNM']SOL tuesday was your last day to abuse this.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure?

Totally just did this today Friday March 5th 2010, so maybe YMMV?

[quote name='denos-games']gonna have to agree with andrew here[/QUOTE]

Wil be trading in multiple games tomorrow to pick up Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Will update with trade in values after it occurs.

Traded in some 360/PS3 games, no new TIV's to report.

;) but...

Asked to pre-order God of War III, GS employee asked me if I wanted it for 360 or PS3? Passed on the pre-order & went to Amazon.

Just thought I'd throw this on here.... Traded in Madden 10 for the $40 credit toward Madden 11 and the GS Manager was more than eager to allow me to move this credit toward ANY pre-order i wanted to use it for.... of course i moved the credit to several pre-orders with plans to cancel my pre-orders and put the credit toward FF13, GOW3, or some other fantastic game coming out...

[quote name='garnettrules21']Anyone hear anymore rumors about a buy 2 get one free later this month?[/QUOTE]

I will NEVER help a celtic fan :mad:

lol jk. Only rumor so far is that it's gonna be on the 13th or 17th, but we dont know if it's true or not.

[quote name='k4lm4n']May sound like blasphemy but has anyone traded in MLB 10:The Show for the ps3 yet?[/QUOTE]

Some people actually have already!

I checked the used stock for shits and giggles and a store not too far out of my way actually had a used copy. Sure enough I bought that bad boy up and will now return the sealed copy I have. Except for a little ding on the case, it's like brand new but it also saves me $10!

[quote name='major morgan']Some people actually have already!

I checked the used stock for shits and giggles and a store not too far out of my way actually had a used copy. Sure enough I bought that bad boy up and will now return the sealed copy I have. Except for a little ding on the case, it's like brand new but it also saves me $10![/QUOTE]

I really wanna know the TIV, as the terrible gamestop employees give me the "we can not give trade in quotes over the phone" when I call.

[quote name='k4lm4n']I really wanna know the TIV, as the terrible gamestop employees give me the "we can not give trade in quotes over the phone" when I call.[/QUOTE]

California gamestops are usually unwilling to give me TIV's over the phone, referencing some law or whatnot. If you run into this issue, just call a Gamestop in a different state.

[quote name='helmet']Are you sure?

Totally just did this today Friday March 5th 2010, so maybe YMMV?[/QUOTE]
yeah very ymmv corporate sent an email tuesday to gamestop that they were fixing this

I'm looking to trade in a PSP fat with a broken UMD drive to get the extra $30 on another 360 Arcade. I also noticed the fine print for the $30 bonus says trade-ins must be in working order so I don't know if this would work anyways.

I know I'll get the refurb fee, but I just want the extra $30. Anbody have any experience with this? Thanks for any info.

[quote name='VaRIABLE SoUL']Just got back from trading in:
360 Wireless Controller - $14 ($18.90 w/25% coupon)
360 Wired Headset - $6.25 ($8.43 w/coupon)

PS3 Sixaxis - $14.50 ($19.57 w/coupon)
[/QUOTE]
what the hell? where do you get a coupon that give you 25% extra TIV for accessories?

[quote name='180husher']I'm looking to trade in a PSP fat with a broken UMD drive to get the extra $30 on another 360 Arcade. I also noticed the fine print for the $30 bonus says trade-ins must be in working order so I don't know if this would work anyways.

I know I'll get the refurb fee, but I just want the extra $30. Anbody have any experience with this? Thanks for any info.[/QUOTE]

Does the umd drive open? Because maybe they will just see if it opens and be done with it. That happened when I traded mine in but obviously YMMV on that. Does anyone know if you get the 30 dollar bonus per system traded in or only once?

[quote name='crashinsane']what the hell? where do you get a coupon that give you 25% extra TIV for accessories?[/QUOTE]

It's the weekly email coupon.

[quote name='k4lm4n']Does the umd drive open? Because maybe they will just see if it opens and be done with it. That happened when I traded mine in but obviously YMMV on that. Does anyone know if you get the 30 dollar bonus per system traded in or only once?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it looks brand new...just the UMD doesn't read a damn thing. It's been sitting in a drawer for over a year and hasn't been touched so I figured I might try to unload it. I don't mind losing $17 for refurb, but that and no $30 bonus and it will go back into the drawer.

This coupon crashinsane:

EBC3011631.jpg

[quote name='shinryu333']any news of the up coming b2g1 or is that possibly running at the same time as the gameday sale run?[/QUOTE]

the b2g1 is just rumors right now. there will not be a b2g1 running concurrently with the gameday for sure.

All these "borderline" trade-ins really depend on the store you go to. I have gotten shipments of pretty bad crap from other districts who obviously don't care or don't know how to look for defects.

A controller with a different color battery pack for the 360 should be fine as long as there isn't a rattle or busted buttons. I think they get around $12~14 IIRC; I took one in last night.

Gamestop doesn't take defective accessories, but most of you probably already knew that.

Alright, just got back from trading. The figure in the brackets is base trade in. The number outside of the brackets is with the bonus with edge card. Final number at the bottom is actual value that I received from all trades. Traded in today, 3/6/2010.

:360: Crackdown [2.75] 4.41
:360: The Darkness [1] 1.6
:360: Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts [5.75] 9.21
:360: Lost Odyssey [7.25] 11.59
:360: Condemned 2 [2.75] 4.41
:360: Battlefield Bad Company [7] 11.20
:ps2:God of War [2] 3.20
:ps2:God of War 2 [5] 8

For a grand total of 53.62

[quote name='Denbo32']When I went to cancel a pre order the employee eyes looked like I just stole his jello cup from him. they get really sad[/QUOTE]

specifically im asking about the madden 10 trade in promo. If i cancel or move the pre order, will they take the $15 or so TIV added to the game?

[quote name='VaRIABLE SoUL']
PS3 Sixaxis - $14.50 ($19.57 w/coupon)
[/QUOTE]

That is really tempting. I have two of those that aren't even being used any more.

Wow, traded some games & accessories in & got WAY more than I expected to thanks to Edge/50% promo/accessory coupon. Here are the Base Values:

Bioshock - $5
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition - $18
Batman: Arkham Asylum - $15
Rock Band 2 (game only) - $6.25
XBox 360 Wireless Controller - $14
PSP USB Cable - $1.00

For the four games, two wireless controllers & the cable, I ended up with $109.94 in credit after edge/50% bonus for games/25% accessory coupon. Crazy.

Im not sure if my idea would make sense. I wanted a basketball game for ps3, initially i order NBA 2k10 for $28 shipped, seller never shipped, I opted for a refund. Coincidentally, I signed up for playswitch.com and was matched for NBA 2k7 and received it a few days ago, its fantastic! Im loving it, so now i want more and updated rosters. Just not more out of my pocket, so, I figure, ill picked up NBA 2k8 from gamestop at $5.99, not to bad for more recent rosters, however the gameplay is slightly worse, Im not letting that bother me however.

Now, if i trade in my NBA 2k7 from playswitch for $.35 it should be $.57 after the bump, however, I dont know if they accept the game anymore, and if i trade it in and put the credit towards NBA 2k8 will I not be charged tax. Or should i just hang on to NBA 2k7, i just hate having old sports games clutter my collection when i have the next years edition. Basically

Will i be charged tax if i trade in NBA 2k7, if its accepted still..

[quote name='LilPaintballer']
Now, if i trade in my NBA 2k7 from playswitch for $.35 it should be $.57 after the bump, however, I dont know if they accept the game anymore, and if i trade it in and put the credit towards NBA 2k8 will I not be charged tax. Or should i just hang on to NBA 2k7, i just hate having old sports games clutter my collection when i have the next years edition. Basically

Will i be charged tax if i trade in NBA 2k7, if its accepted still..[/QUOTE]

Think the whole purchase needs to be made with GS credit for it to not trigger tax. And even then it's YMMV based on what state you live in. As I live in CA I'll never see these taxless credit purchases.

First post has a few of the states listed that do and don't charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back