GS Trade-in Values: Old Thread, Check First/Last Post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
THIS THREAD LOCKED, NEW ONE HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6952150

[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% Bonus On All Games Traded (3/17/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games and receive an extra 50% trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III (4/4/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III when trade 2 select Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games.

Click Here for details.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III only. Final Fantasy XIII releases 3/11/10, God of War III releases 3/16/10. Release date subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Price shown is net after trades. God of War III's and Final Fantasy XIII's regular retail price is $59.99. Net retail will differ for special editions. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 02/22/10 - 04/04/10..[/QUOTE]

Power Trades 25% (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games towards the pre-order or purchase of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell: Conviction: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption or Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver and receive an extra 25% Trade-in Credit!

Expires: 3/14/2010. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell Conviction, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption, Pokemon Heart Gold or Pokemon Soul Silver. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

Nintendo DSi XL Promo (Unsure End Date)
[quote name='vze21gwa']Gamestop is having a trade up offer for the Nintendo DSi XL, where you can get one for $99.99 if you trade in your DSi or $129.99 if you trade in your ds lite. Just thought to let you know cause it's not posted.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arkansas, California, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Values as of today:

Fable 2 (360) - 5
Bioshock (360) - 5

After bonus+edge, came to 8 apiece or 16 total. Used part of it to pick up battle fantasia

[quote name='Killbomb']The demo is pretty awesome. I was surprised after the mediocrity of the first game but I'll be picking JC2 up day one.[/QUOTE]

Just played the Demo. It definitely is pretty sweet...except for the 30 min time limit. That blows. After i get used to the control I think this game will rock.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']i couldn't tolerate that game for more than 45 minutes. one of the most boring games i've played in the past 6 months[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I got about 3 hours into it and had to get rid of it. I think this game is over rated/boring.

[quote name='fatbeer']TIV 3/4
:ds: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky - $15[/QUOTE]
Wow, it still fetches that much? How much do they sell it for used? I know Blockbuster sells it for $20 used, and with the current promotion, you should get $24 for trading it in with an Edge card.

EDIT: Wait, unless those TIVs you posted weren't base values.

[quote name='Toss']Agreed. I got about 3 hours into it and had to get rid of it. I think this game is over rated/boring.[/QUOTE]

It took about 5 hours to get into for me, maybe that's why you didn't like it. It reminds me of Fable, and Legend of Zelda combined into one game:) Also sorry for straying off topic;)

Base TIV for the following today:

Fallout 3 - $6 ($9.60 after promo/edge)

Assassin's Creed - $5.00 ($8.00 after promo/edge)

Grid - $5.25 ($8.39 after promo/edge)

Was going to pick up used Band Hero, but they couldn't find it, said they sold it to someone else without the box, but the guy let me take the booklet and try the code to see if I could export it and it fricking worked, I was so happy. I basically got 61 of the 65 Band Hero songs in GH5 for $5.00. Thank you to the representative at Gamestop for being so kind.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']It took about 5 hours to get into for me, maybe that's why you didn't like it. It reminds me of Fable, and Legend of Zelda combined into one game:) Also sorry for straying off topic;)[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...maybe I'll try it again later when its cheap.

[quote name='jp0213']Updated lists and database. Sorry it took so long, out drinking.[/QUOTE]

I think you've earned the right to have fun.

:beer:

Get back to work, you lush!!! :lol:

Of course, just kidding; we all actually all owe you at least one of these: :beer: for sure. Thanks for the hard work!

Hey can anyone tell me how much credit that I will get for Batman: Arkham Asylum PS3
NCAA Football 10 without a case PS3
Godfather 2 PS3
Guitar Hero Metallica PS3
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='platticavi']Thanks :), Do you guys know how much the refurbish fee is when they deduct it from the trade in value?[/QUOTE]

depends, I've seen anywhere from $1.00 to $4.00

Thanks alot for the help guys...I just joined the site and its great, I love it!!!!:)
Ok, now that I know how much they take out, I have COD MW2 and have never played COD WOW and I think im gonna trade in my (PS3)NCAA 10 w/o a case and my Batman Arkham Asylum(PS3) as well as (PS2)Kingdom hearts 1 and 2 both sealed (they were the ex's, now there gonna be gamestops,lol) and im gonna pick up COD WOW and something else, any suggestions? Also when I get back from GS ill let you know exactly what they paid so we can keep everything updated on this great site, Is World at war worth getting?Im addicted and really think ill enjoy the WW2 game because Ive never played call of duty until modern warfare 1 and now 2

[quote name='platticavi']Thanks alot for the help guys...I just joined the site and its great, I love it!!!!:)
Ok, now that I know how much they take out, I have COD MW2 and have never played COD WOW and I think im gonna trade in my (PS3)NCAA 10 w/o a case and my Batman Arkham Asylum(PS3) as well as (PS2)Kingdom hearts 1 and 2 both sealed (they were the ex's, now there gonna be gamestops,lol) and im gonna pick up COD WOW and something else, any suggestions? Also when I get back from GS ill let you know exactly what they paid so we can keep everything updated on this great site, Is World at war worth getting?Im addicted and really think ill enjoy the WW2 game because Ive never played call of duty until modern warfare 1 and now 2[/QUOTE]

You have kingdom hearts 1 and 2 sealed? Are they first edition or greatest hits? I'd hang onto those rather than flip for $10, especially if they're sealed. Just my opinion, tho...

[quote name='Jerajdai']You have kingdom hearts 1 and 2 sealed? Are they first edition or greatest hits? I'd hang onto those rather than flip for $10, especially if they're sealed. Just my opinion, tho...[/QUOTE]

Agreed - shoot, PM me and I'll buy em!

Kingdom hearts 1 is a sealed greatest hits version and Kingdom Hearts 2 is a sealed ps2 black label and says Square Enix on the bottom right corner, are they hard to find these days or something???I never even heard of these games before,I guess im just missing out,

[quote name='Denbo32']depends, I've seen anywhere from $1.00 to $4.00[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly certain it depends on the value of the trade-in, which is ridiculous since the refurb fee doesn't cost more/less. Of course, considering the quality of the used games, I doubt they refurb anything anyway.

Im gonna refrain from trading GS my Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, If yous are interested in them make me an offer or trades as well... Thanks for all your help guys

[quote name='danstabbingworth']I'm fairly certain it depends on the value of the trade-in, which is ridiculous since the refurb fee doesn't cost more/less. Of course, considering the quality of the used games, I doubt they refurb anything anyway.[/QUOTE]

Thats insane, so what do u think there gonna hit me up on NCAA 10 Football.TIV b4 promo is 16.75 and after promo is 25.12

[quote name='platticavi']Thats insane, so what do u think there gonna hit me up on NCAA 10 Football.TIV b4 promo is 16.75 and after promo is 25.12[/QUOTE]

Is the actual disc in great condition? Otherwise, it's hit or miss of charging refurb fees for no cases.

[quote name='bigdogn12']Is the actual disc in great condition? Otherwise, it's hit or miss of charging refurb fees for no cases.[/QUOTE]

Its gem mint, I only played it once, I prefer Madden, But it is def 100% mint, not 1 scratch

Hey guys real quick question before I go to gamestop, which one should I do?

NCAA 10 with no case-I got it for Free
Batman Arkham Asylum with case-also got for free
It would be both of them for Call Of Duty:World at war,plus id have a few bucks cred left
Or should I trade
Bourne Conspiracy-paid 20 a year ago
Metal Gear Solid 4-paid 17 used 4 months ago
For MLB 10 The show?
Which one should I do, help quick cause im getting ready to go to gamestop, either way it wont cost me any cash, what should I do????

[quote name='platticavi']Hey guys real quick question before I go to gamestop, which one should I do?

It would be both of them for Call Of Duty:World at war,plus id have a few bucks cred left
Or should I trade
Bourne Conspiracy-paid 20 a year ago
Metal Gear Solid 4-paid 17 used 4 months ago
For MLB 10 The show?
Which one should I do, help quick cause im getting ready to go to gamestop, either way it wont cost me any cash, what should I do????[/QUOTE]

Please put NCAA10 in a case, any case at all. I would hate to see them charge you a refurb fee for an issue that can be easily avoided.

Oh I made my own case when I had gotten it, So its def in a case, So wait a minute your telling me that people go there and trade stuff in without a case at all??? So because I have a case but no NCAA cover for it I then wont get hit with a refurb fee???

I like both, I really love sports but have been addicted to Modern warfare 1 and 2 lately, I have 2k9 but that game does and will always blow,Im so confused,lol

Correct. People trade in without cases or books, and don't get a refurbished fee. Other times they get a refurbished fee, but you should be alright. Just bring it in a case because walking around with just a disc is weak sauce.

Ok, im leaving at 11, what should I do guys, I have modern warfare 1 and 2 so im thinking either Call of Duty World at War or MLB the show 10
Which 1???

Damn stop the blogging! Use the PM function.
Shoot or batter up...you decide!
and if you have a TIV to report, let us know...

Last night
Wii Mario Sluggers holding at $15

[quote name='platticavi']Ok, im leaving at 11, what should I do guys, I have modern warfare 1 and 2 so im thinking either Call of Duty World at War or MLB the show 10
Which 1???[/QUOTE]

BattleField Bad Company 2 :D

I personally love a good sports game, and love the Show 10. I also get more hours out of them than shooters, because I dont play online.

[quote name='donut']Damn stop the blogging! Use the PM function.
Shoot or batter up...you decide!
and if you have a TIV to report, let us know...

Last night
Wii Mario Sluggers holding at $15[/QUOTE]

THIS! I don't mean to be rude to a new CAG (especially one who seems like a nice guy), but this isn't a discussion thread.

[quote name='Denbo32']Alot of people have those CD cases that carry multi CD in and then trade them without the case and manual[/QUOTE]
I used to hate when kids did that. It was always the kid that brought it in, and mistreated their discs, and then they open it up to trade stuff in:
They would have all kinds of awesome PS1 games, like black label Symphony of the Night and Final Fantasy 7, and they would look like garbage! It would REALLY piss me off when they would stack all 3 discs to a game like FF7 into one slot.

Uh, quick question to anyone who has traded in an Xbox 360 to gamestop lately.

Do they turn on the console and test it before you trade it?

The reason im asking is because i think my 360 is close to or on its death-bed, and i was planning to trade it towards the FF13 bundle. (Trying to decide whether to just trade it in this morning while it still works, or risk the wait)

Yeah, they'll test it - they've got a little portable monitor they'll hook it up to. They'll usually turn it on, toss a disc in, and see if it'll read something. They do take them as "refurbished" if it doesn't work, but the value is considerably less.

Yep ...

You need to bring in

1) The console (sans hard drive, you can trade that in separate for more $)
2) The AV cables that it came with
3) The power brick
3) 1 controller (make sure you stick the AA battery pack back in there if you're using a charge kit.)

They'll hook it up to the TV in the store and see if it boots to the dashboard, and then they'll grab a used game from the case and throw it in there to see if it boots the game. If it does you're golden.

[quote name='Weepingwillow']Yep ...

You need to bring in

1) The console (sans hard drive, you can trade that in separate for more $)
2) The AV cables that it came with
3) The power brick
3) 1 controller (make sure you stick the AA battery pack back in there if you're using a charge kit.)

They'll hook it up to the TV in the store and see if it boots to the dashboard, and then they'll grab a used game from the case and throw it in there to see if it boots the game. If it does you're golden.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks, its still reading discs, but after an issue with RE5 yesterday, its been making strange noises when booting, and just this morning when i booted it, right after the Xbox Logo the screen flashed blue and glitchy for a split second before going to the Dashboard.

Cant help but love my luck @_@, was planning to trade it anyway, maybe its the gods telling me i need the FF13 bundle

Wierd though, they never tested my first 360 when i traded it in, they just asked did it have any strange flashing lights, and was in and out of the store with a new 360 in less than 5 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back