GS Trade-in Values: Old Thread, Check First/Last Post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
THIS THREAD LOCKED, NEW ONE HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6952150

[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% Bonus On All Games Traded (3/17/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games and receive an extra 50% trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III (4/4/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III when trade 2 select Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games.

Click Here for details.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III only. Final Fantasy XIII releases 3/11/10, God of War III releases 3/16/10. Release date subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Price shown is net after trades. God of War III's and Final Fantasy XIII's regular retail price is $59.99. Net retail will differ for special editions. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 02/22/10 - 04/04/10..[/QUOTE]

Power Trades 25% (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games towards the pre-order or purchase of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell: Conviction: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption or Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver and receive an extra 25% Trade-in Credit!

Expires: 3/14/2010. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell Conviction, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption, Pokemon Heart Gold or Pokemon Soul Silver. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

Nintendo DSi XL Promo (Unsure End Date)
[quote name='vze21gwa']Gamestop is having a trade up offer for the Nintendo DSi XL, where you can get one for $99.99 if you trade in your DSi or $129.99 if you trade in your ds lite. Just thought to let you know cause it's not posted.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arkansas, California, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
I just traded in L4D2 for $47.66

Got home and ordered Borderlands and NBA 2k8 with CAG16 and SAVER and still have $1.xx left over.

Awesome deal.

traded in my copy of mass effect 2 for 56 bones.. hells yeah. dude at the register looked like i had just robbed his store at point blank. he kept saying how i could buy another game for about $5 since they charge taxes on the remainding balance that my credit doesnt cover.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']I used to never get rid of games, too.

But I just got tired of looking at a shelf full of games that I wasn't playing, or really had no desire of ever playing again.

So, out they went. Now I'm sitting on $375 in GS credit, and I'm going back tomorrow to trade in more.

I just had to get over my collector's mentality and realize that those games can do me much more good as credit, than collecting dust.[/QUOTE]

I agree... very few games these days are "must haves" for the long run. I never traded in games but started to realize that it's better to lose 10-20 dollars total than never playing it again and essentially losing the full price I paid.

Anyways, I traded in ME2 and Borderlands for 35 and 23 base, respectively. 94 dollars for two games is pretty sick considering it was a couple of long rentals almost entirely paid for by just the tax.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']It's all in the eye of the beholder.

I'll easily take a little less from Gamestop as a "Convenience Tax", than messing with Ebay and Paypal fees, listing it, mailing it out, etc.

Give me instant gratification, keep the change, thanks. :)[/QUOTE]

Ya I feel the same way as long as gamestop has a deal. If they don't have a deal going then I'll normally either keep the game or try to craigslist it.

edit: shit didn't mean to double post, long day -_-

[quote name='el swordo']man even with this deal gamestop is still worse than ebay[/QUOTE]

Ebay is so much worse than selling on Craigslist for 2x the MSRP.

[quote name='killer9']well looks like bioshock 2 and mass effect 2 will be going to the store saturday 96 bones for those 2 not bad[/QUOTE]
I would do that trade tomorrow if you can. I doubt the value on Mass Effect 2 even lasts to tomorrow.

Second bundle of values are in the lists and database. Working on the third one right now. My placeholder again. At least this third one isn't as big.

[quote name='Tony208']Darksiders seems to have gone up to $24 for both platforms, I'm just praying I can finish it before it drops.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Any idea how long it is?

I went in and traded in a few games including ME2 tonight since I doubt the ME2 price will hold out. Got back -$200, this is a great promo as long as the tivs hold out, thanks for the heads up guys.

This deal is great. We purchased 6 copies of Darksiders used (Gamestop.com) last week at 24.94 each to trade into Amazon at 31.25 each, but instead traded them into Gamestop for 38.40 each. Thank you.

2/22 Base Trade In Values

:360:
Darksiders 24.00

Base TIV's 2/22

Prof. Layton and the Diabolical Box (DS) - $15
Mass Effect (360) - $9
Drawn to Life: Next CHapter (Wii) - $8.25 (not in the database!)

After promo and Edge I got $51.59

Base====> Promo + Edge

Xbox 360:

Madden 10 23.75====>38.01
Nba Live 07 1.00====>1.60
Nhl 09 5.00====>8.00

Ps2

Enter the Matrix .80====>1.28
Sopranos .65=====>1.03

Gba

Harvest Moon FOMT 2.00====>3.20

Total $53.12

[quote name='Tony208']Darksiders seems to have gone up to $24 for both platforms, I'm just praying I can finish it before it drops.[/QUOTE]

That is great news! I might have to drop by tomorrow.

A couple that have changed from what's in the list. These are base values:

White Knight Chronicles (ps3) - $20.25 (down a buck, still not too bad after bonus)
Crimson Gem Saga (psp) - $8 (actually up a bit from the listed price)

After Edge + 50% bonus I got $45.19, which I put towards a Yakuza 3 preorder. :)

EDIT: forgot one, since this was too low for me & I decided to keep it:

Tornado Outbreak (ps3) - $1.50

Traded in ME2, Infamous, Saints Row 2 and Lair. Got back 88.80 after EDGE and TIV. The only price change is Lair. Went UP to $3.50. Funny too... seeing as how they had 8 brand new copies sitting on the shelf behind the employee counter. They will never sell those!

Base TIV change
Lair $3.50

EDIT: I forgot to mention how dirty I feel for trading in games and not buying something in return. Had to give my thumbprint. Is this how it feels to go to a regular pawn shop?

Before (After promo + EDGE)
Wii
Mario Party 8 - $15.00 ($24)
Mario & Sonic - $11.00 ($17.60)
Cooking Mama Cook Off - $7.75 ($12.41)

DS
Mario Kart - $20 ($32)
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - $4 ($6.40)
Pokemon Diamon - $6 ($9.60)
Advance Wars: Duel Strike - $2 (3.20)
Cooking Mam - $8 ($12.80)
Metroid Prime Hunters - $5.75 ($9.21)

PS2
Radiata Stories - $2 ($3.20)
Soul Calibur 2 - $1.75 ($2.81)
Soul Calibur 3 - $3 ($4.60)
Xenosaga I - $1.50 ($2.40)
Xenosaga II - $.85 ($1.35)
Devil May Cry - $1.25 ($1.99)
Musashi: Samurai Legend - $.80 ($1.28)
Star Ocean: Til the End of Time - $3.00 ($4.80)
Phantom Brave $.75 ($1.21)
Disgaea - $4.75 ($7.61)
God Of War 2 - $5.00 ($8.00)
Magic Pengel - $.45 ($.71)
Jak II - $1.50 ($2.40)
Theme Park Rollercoaster - $1.00 ($1.60)
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection - $5.75 ($9.21)
X-Men Legends 2 - $2.25 ($3.59)
Baldurs Gate : Dark Alliance - $2.50 ($4.00)
Gauntlet Seven Sorrows - $3.00 ($4.80)
Tony Hawks' Underground 2 - $1.50 ($2.40)
Killzone - $4.75 ($7.61)

Gamecube
Soul Calibur 2 - $2.50 ($4.00)
Tales of Symphonia - $7.00 ($11.20)
Super Mario Sunshine - $6.00 ($9.60)
Mario Kart Double Dash - $6.00 ($9.60)
Super Smash Bros. Melee - $4.00 ($6.40)

If they are taking in all these games, is there going to be a used game sale coming up in the near future? It's not like GS is struggling to get used games into their stores.

All 360

Dragon Age - $21.25 -> $33.99
Left 4 Dead 2 - $29.75 -> $47.61
Madden NFL 10 - $23.75 -> $38.01
Star Ocean: The Last Hope - $13.75 -> $22.01

Total - $141.26

I renewed my EDGE card for $15, so ended up with $126.

It's funny, because with 3 of the games, I got more than I paid for them 3+ months ago. With the other (Madden), I still got 2/3 of what I paid when it came out about 7-8 months ago, and the game is going to be worth >$8 soon...

[quote name='wrencrest']Traded in ME2, Infamous, Saints Row 2 and Lair. Got back 88.80 after EDGE and TIV. The only price change is Lair. Went UP to $3.50. Funny too... seeing as how they had 8 brand new copies sitting on the shelf behind the employee counter. They will never sell those!

Base TIV change
Lair $3.50

EDIT: I forgot to mention how dirty I feel for trading in games and not buying something in return. Had to give my thumbprint. Is this how it feels to go to a regular pawn shop?[/QUOTE]

How much did you get for Saints Row 2 and Infamous?

OK just got back from unloading my crap at GS, here are the BASE TIV from Boise, ID:

:psp:
Daxter - $.75 (up $.09)
Final Fantasy Tactics WOTL - $4.50 (down $.25)
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror - $2.00 (up $1.20)
Syphon Filter Logans Shadow - $4.00 (down $.75)
Madden 06 - $1.50 (down $.25)
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops + - $2.50 (unchanged)

Sega Superstar tennis/arcade pack - $1.00 (up$.05)
GRAW 1 - $1.00 (up $.05)
Tiger Woods 07 - $1.50 (down $.15)
Gears of War 2 - $5.25 (unchanged)

:wii:
Star War Force Unleashed - $6.00 (unchanged)

Overall came away with $48.00 for all this garbage, which Im happy with, Hopefully I can finish Assassins creed II before this promo ends

Some new PS3 TIV's

Guitar Hero Van Halen - $7
Guitar Hero Smash Hits - $10
Assassins Creed 2 - $15 < WTF
Uncharted 2 - $24.75
Call of Duty: World at War - $12.75
Metal Gear Solid 4 - $9.50
Guitar Hero 5 - $15
Brutal Legend - $8.75
LBP - $11.25
Rock Band 2 - $7

With edge I made $193.62!

[quote name='Demon Soul']How much did you get for Saints Row 2 and Infamous?[/QUOTE]
Same as in the OP. 5 and 12. Saints Row 2 for Ps3 btw.

You guys all suck lol. I didn't even get a minute of a feeling of accomplishment. I'll work on those tomorrow.

Add me to the traded ME2 list. The $56 after promos went right into a heavy rain pre-order, which I otherwise probably would have only been bought used or rented.

[quote name='ryne candy']If they are taking in all these games, is there going to be a used game sale coming up in the near future? It's not like GS is struggling to get used games into their stores.[/QUOTE]

Thats what im thinking too. They're getting alot of used games back so i think there will be a B2G1 free pretty soon.

[quote name='jp0213']You guys all suck lol. I didn't even get a minute of a feeling of accomplishment. I'll work on those tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
I went ahead and submitted my update for Lair (3.50) directly to the database if that helps. Never done that before though. How does it work? Does someone have to "approve" my submission somehow?

[quote name='postureking']Little Big Planet PSP 20.00[/QUOTE]

:hot: Wow, really??? I paid $10 for that from K-Mart last year - if that value holds until tomorrow, that game is SO traded!

[quote name='jacobisconfused']Before (After promo + EDGE)
Wii
Mario Party 8 - $15.00 ($24)
Mario & Sonic - $11.00 ($17.60)
Cooking Mama Cook Off - $7.75 ($12.41)

DS
Mario Kart - $20 ($32)
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - $4 ($6.40)
Pokemon Diamon - $6 ($9.60)
Advance Wars: Duel Strike - $2 (3.20)
Cooking Mam - $8 ($12.80)
Metroid Prime Hunters - $5.75 ($9.21)

PS2
Radiata Stories - $2 ($3.20)
Soul Calibur 2 - $1.75 ($2.81)
Soul Calibur 3 - $3 ($4.60)
Xenosaga I - $1.50 ($2.40)
Xenosaga II - $.85 ($1.35)
Devil May Cry - $1.25 ($1.99)
Musashi: Samurai Legend - $.80 ($1.28)
Star Ocean: Til the End of Time - $3.00 ($4.80)
Phantom Brave $.75 ($1.21)
Disgaea - $4.75 ($7.61)
God Of War 2 - $5.00 ($8.00)
Magic Pengel - $.45 ($.71)
Jak II - $1.50 ($2.40)
Theme Park Rollercoaster - $1.00 ($1.60)
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection - $5.75 ($9.21)
X-Men Legends 2 - $2.25 ($3.59)
Baldurs Gate : Dark Alliance - $2.50 ($4.00)
Gauntlet Seven Sorrows - $3.00 ($4.80)
Tony Hawks' Underground 2 - $1.50 ($2.40)
Killzone - $4.75 ($7.61)

Gamecube
Soul Calibur 2 - $2.50 ($4.00)
Tales of Symphonia - $7.00 ($11.20)
Super Mario Sunshine - $6.00 ($9.60)
Mario Kart Double Dash - $6.00 ($9.60)
Super Smash Bros. Melee - $4.00 ($6.40)

[/QUOTE]

wow i mite have to take advantage of this

[quote name='Pojomofo']OK just got back from unloading my crap at GS, here are the BASE TIV from Boise, ID:

Overall came away with $48.00 for all this garbage, which Im happy with, Hopefully I can finish Assassins creed II before this promo ends[/QUOTE]

You might to watch out with Assasin's Creed 2 the base is only 15 so after the 60% bump is 24. Amazon has it for 29 and some change.

[quote name='bigdogn12']This deal is great. We purchased 6 copies of Darksiders used (Gamestop.com) last week at 24.94 each to trade into Amazon at 31.25 each, but instead traded them into Gamestop for 38.40 each. Thank you.

2/22 Base Trade In Values

Darksiders 24.00[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute. You traded in 6 copies of darksiders at 1 gamestop? Are they still selling darksiders for $25 used because gamestop.com has it for $49.99 used.

Might buy some darksiders copies instead of l4d2 copies.

How much lower would pawn shops usually have games for? I plan on hitting one before I go to buff up the prices, so If I can get some $5 TIV games for a bit less then at GS, that'll be a good bit of extra cash.

Traded in-
New Super Mario Bros. -40
Mass Effect 2- 56
Call of Duty Modernwarefare 2- 36.80
NHL 10- 29.19
Killzone 2- 16.39
Rainbow Six Vegas 2- 9.60

Total- $187.98 after Egde.

[quote name='discordman']My manager told me they are keeping an eye for employees doing this as with discount and edge a used copy would be 45 dollars and some change. If you work there, I urge you do not take advantage of this. For the sake of your job and its just crappy to rip off GS when they are doing a promo like this.[/QUOTE]

:roll: Actually, this is the PERFECT time to 'rip off' Gamestop. They do it enough to other suckers, so why not flip games right back to them? I can see not doing this if you're a GS employee and value having a job in this shitty economy, but for the normal shnooks and flippers like some of us on CAG, this is perfect.

Of course, I preferred the 'trade a game, get a $20 discount' glitch where it allowed the TIV that was bumped to $20+ with EDGE to be put directly on your EDGE card as opposed to using it as a 'discount'. I also preferred the 'trade a game, get another one for $20', which gave me $42-43 in TIV for Uncharted 2 when the value had dropped to $25 or so.

That shit was like a make your own GS promo period and it was great. The promos now(especially that tiered bs that just ended with the $5 min tiv)are so-so if you're looking to amass GS credit in a hurry since there's no HWV sales going on and no decent clearances on games that get good values.:cry:

Anyone going to get Heavy Rain and use the 25% coupon and flip Mass Effect 2 again? I am asuming the TIV will drop tomorrow on ME2.

Not to stir any rumors or anything but I remember reading an article about gamestop's poor sales last year and are going to close a number of stores this year. Does anyone have any info about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back