GS Trade-in Values: Old Thread, Check First/Last Post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
THIS THREAD LOCKED, NEW ONE HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6952150

[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% Bonus On All Games Traded (3/17/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games and receive an extra 50% trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III (4/4/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III when trade 2 select Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games.

Click Here for details.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III only. Final Fantasy XIII releases 3/11/10, God of War III releases 3/16/10. Release date subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Price shown is net after trades. God of War III's and Final Fantasy XIII's regular retail price is $59.99. Net retail will differ for special editions. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 02/22/10 - 04/04/10..[/QUOTE]

Power Trades 25% (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games towards the pre-order or purchase of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell: Conviction: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption or Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver and receive an extra 25% Trade-in Credit!

Expires: 3/14/2010. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell Conviction, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption, Pokemon Heart Gold or Pokemon Soul Silver. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

Nintendo DSi XL Promo (Unsure End Date)
[quote name='vze21gwa']Gamestop is having a trade up offer for the Nintendo DSi XL, where you can get one for $99.99 if you trade in your DSi or $129.99 if you trade in your ds lite. Just thought to let you know cause it's not posted.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arkansas, California, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kurrptsenate']i told my local store about people doing that (ME2 trick)[/QUOTE]

i dont get it....you actually lose money doing that dont you? He made a little over $121...and he made back, a little under $121...wtf?

Just came back from Gamestop, trade-in some 360 games and a stack of PS2 games that i have sitting in my room since I sold my PS2 and my PS3.

Here are the trade-in values,

360 :

Darksiders, $24. + $12. + $2.40 = $ 38.40 (bought it used last week for $31.49)
Bayonetta, $23. + $11.50 + $2.30 = $ 36.80
Left 4 Dead 2, $29.75 + $14.88 + $2.98 = $ 47.61 (bought it used last week for $31.49)

PS2 :

Katamari Damacy, $5.00 ($ 8. after promo+edge)
Sly 2, $1.25 ($ 1.99 after promo+edge)
Kingdom Hearts, $4.25 ($ 6.79 after promo+edge)
Maximo, $0.80 ($ 1.28 after promo+edge)
Ratchet & Clank Going Commando, $2.50 ($ 4.00 after promo+edge)
Ace Combat 4, $2.00 ($ 3.20 after promo+edge)
Capcom Classics Col. 1, $1.00 ($ 1.60 after promo+edge)
Capcom Classics Col. 2, $1.75. ($ 2.81 after promo+edge)
God of War II, $5.00 ($ 8.00 after promo+edge)
Jak 3, $3.25 ($ 5.19 after promo+edge)
Resident Evil 4, $4.50 ($ 7.20 after promo+edge)
Shadow of the Colossus, $6.50 ($ 10.40 after promo+edge)
Stuntman, $0.95 ($ 1.53 after promo+edge)
Hot Shots Golf Fore, $0.50 ($ 0.80 after promo+edge)
Metal Gear Solid 2, $0.90 ($ 1.44 after promo+edge)
Silent Hill 3, $5.25 ($ 8.39 after promo+edge)
Shox, $0.40 ($ 0.64 after promo+edge)

as of 11am est I traded in the following:
Dark Sector (Ps3) $4
COD MW2 (360) $23
FEAR 2 (360) $4
Fable 2 (360) $6
Bionic Commando (360) $2.75
Ratchet and Clank Tools (Ps3) $7.50
Left 4 Dead 2 (360) $29.75
Ratchet and Clank Going Commando (Ps2) $2.50

After the promotion and 10% edge card I got $124.82... Picked up Mass Effect.. Going to try to beat that while it still nets a high TIV

[quote name='kurrptsenate']no, you dont

game trades in for $56

you buy used for 49.50[/QUOTE]

ohhh, got it...i thought he bought 2 NEW copies of ME2 haha..i was like, "that was redundant"

works better on mass effect 2 flipping iif u buy online 37.79 plus tax for a used copy that way u get bout 15 dollars profit

Just got back from GS after dropping a couple games. Almost didn't get credit for Ratchet and Clank because he forgot to ring it up. Was hard to not pick something else up but I just kept thinking about the inevitable B2G1 and how much better my credit will be used then.

PS3 base value
Madden 10 $23.75
Uncharted 2 $24.75
MAG $22.00
Heavenly Sword $8.00
Ratchet and Clank:CiT $20.25

[quote name='Sh0k']
Darksiders, $24. + $12. + $2.40 = $ 38.40 (bought it used last week for $31.49)
[/QUOTE]
Kinda nice to see Darksiders getting $24 TIV, might trade it in now.

I wonder if Guitar Hero: Metallica for PS3 has had its value hold at all. I'll give GS a call after work and find out.

Some prices pre-bonus:

NBA 2k10 PSP-$5
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks DS-$20
TMNT:Arcade Attack DS-$9
Mario Kart DS-$20
Madden NFL 10 PS3-$23.75
Prince of Persia 360-$3
Sly Cooper and Thievious Racoon-$1

[quote name='killer9']works better on mass effect 2 flipping iif u buy online 37.79 plus tax for a used copy that way u get bout 15 dollars profit[/QUOTE]

Maybe. By the time you actually get the shipped product, the value will have dropped.

Ghostbusters - $0.25 (2/22/10) :eek: :eek: lmao really
that can't be right lol

but i'm about to trade in Left 4 Dead 2, i can get about $44 for it

Got another list to start updating, marking my spot in the thread so I know where to pick up values from.

Man that trade in value for L4D2 is so tempting. I didn't even finish it and I want to trade it in. I am just so afraid that the value won't last too much longer.

Headed to Gamestop today to do a little bartering.

Base trade in value is listed. (Value after +50% and Edge will be in parenthesis)

All games are PS3.

Fear 2 - 4.00 (6.40)

Borderlands - 23.25 (37.19)

Resistance 2 - 10.00 (16.00)

Tekken 6 - 22.75 (36.41)

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - 5.00 (8.00)

Street Fighter 4 - 8.00 (12.80)

Pure - 6.00 (9.60)

Madagascar Kartz - 6.25 (9.99)

Condemned 2 - 5.00 (8.00)

Fuel - 3.75 (6.01)

Batman: Arkham Asylym - 15.00 (24.00)

Ratchet and Clank: ToD - 7.50 (12.00)

Dead Space - 6.00 (9.60)

Total trade in value came to $196.

...which brings the amount of credit on my Edge card to $571

What to buy? =/

[quote name='gamewizardx']Anyone know the trade in for Dante on Ps3?[/QUOTE]

If I remember, the sign above the counter said 25.00.

Hello fellow CAGers. Been a stalker on the board (aka been checking the deals but haven't posted much) Anyway, heres the values for the games I just traded in yesternight:

Resistance 2 $10
Killzone 2 $10.25
Bayonetta $24.00

All PS3 and with the promotion, they came up to total of 77 (there is another promotion to give 5 dollars for each PS3 game traded in as well, it got auto added to my trade in deals.) Love this message forum by the way.

[quote name='Pojomofo']Just made a deal on CL with someone to buy L4D2 for $35 :bouncy::applause:[/QUOTE]

What does that have to do with the price of tea in gamestop?

Quick question: If i pre-order something from gamestop, do they have it available on the release date on their website. I want to get SoulSilver (3/14) which is when this promotion expires, and I'll only be able to go to the store on that day only due to job.

I want to get the MP trophies from the DLC coming out for Uncharted 2 before I trade it in. Hopefully the tiv will stay strong with this one.

Base Values as of Today

Rhythm Heaven (DS) - 13.25

R&C:CIT (PS3) - 20.25
Batman:AA (PS3) - 15.00

Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (Wii) - 8.00

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2) - 2.75
FIFA Soccer 2007 (PS2) - 2.50
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec (PS2) - 0.40

[quote name='confoosious']What does that have to do with the price of tea in gamestop?[/QUOTE]

The fact that Im going striaght to GS and make ~$14 on this transaction. Flipping 101

[quote name='Pojomofo']GAF is claiming that ME2 went down to $26 TIV.....anyone have confirmation?[/QUOTE]

I got $35 base TIV about 45 min. ago

the dude is talking out of his ass he is guessing

in bold is his quote its still 35

It might vary, who knows. But yeah, they usually lower all the values when they do a promotion like this and they'll also raise all prices before a Buy 1 Get 1 promotion. They're sneaky.

I just called my local GameStop and they looked it up and the phone got really silent. They said $35 but they figured that HAD to be a mistake.

[quote name='Shinseiryu']
All PS3 and with the promotion, they came up to total of 77 (there is another promotion to give 5 dollars for each PS3 game traded in as well, it got auto added to my trade in deals.) Love this message forum by the way.[/QUOTE]

Anyone else verify this?

As of 30 minutes ago:
Mass Effect 2 (360): $35
GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City (360): $15

After +60%, I got $80...basically just what I paid for these two games from Amazon on release day!

its probably an inventory thing. once they realized everyone has traded in their copy of mass effect 2 and the supply goes WAY up, they'll drop it (TiV)

maybe there trying to get back at ea and bioware i wonder how many of thos games people traded where the cerberus card has not been used

Traded in the following for the before promo price:
360:
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat - 3.00
Mass Effect - 9.00
Mirror's Edge - 5.50
Splinter Cell: Double Agent - 3.00
Mercenaries 2 - 4.00

PS2:
God of War - 2.00
God of War II - 5.00
Lego Star Wars - 4.75

PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man - 7.00

DS:
GTA: Chinatown Wars - 6.00

Also found the used price of Mass Effect 2 went up to $55 ... with edge you can still turn a profit, but only about 1/2 what it was yesterday (same with L4D2).

This is as of 11:50 CST today. What's funny is that when I picked up ME2, the worker there told me I could trade it back in for a profit with edge ... kinda funny.

Don't worry about values dropping in the middle of the day. The system updates, as far as I know, come into the stores overnight. So what people are reporting so far today, should be good through closing tonight.

[quote name='crunchewy']If you're looking for things to buy, a while back I noticed that my GS started carrying gift cards for other stores, including iTunes. I'm going to trade some stuff in and purchase an iTunes card with some of the spoils as I'm out of funds there. iTunes cards aren't discounted anywhere as far as I can tell, at least not much of a discount, so if you can flip for a profit to GS, this is a good way to buy them.[/QUOTE]

Only place I've seen discounted itunes cards was at costco.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Traded in the following for the before promo price:
360:
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat - 3.00
Mass Effect - 9.00
Mirror's Edge - 5.50
Splinter Cell: Double Agent - 3.00
Mercenaries 2 - 4.00

PS2:
God of War - 2.00
God of War II - 5.00
Lego Star Wars - 4.75

PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man - 7.00

DS:
GTA: Chinatown Wars - 6.00

Also found the used price of Mass Effect 2 went up to $55 ... with edge you can still turn a profit, but only about 1/2 what it was yesterday (same with L4D2).

This is as of 11:50 CST today. What's funny is that when I picked up ME2, the worker there told me I could trade it back in for a profit with edge ... kinda funny.[/QUOTE]

you can make a bigger profit buying it at gamestop.com for 37.79 if u use edge and cag16 then trade it to them for 56

soooo, i need some QUICK cash. I'm not entirely sure when my little paypal deposit will go into my bank account...hopefully tomorrow, but idk since i sent the money yesterday around 5:00. Wachovia is usually good with getting it in there quick.

anyways...since im in a bind, i need a quick buck...so are y'all pretty sure L4D2 si $29.xx and ME2 is $35 TIV?

i need cash, so im willing to take the 20% hit...im just wondering if both these game's TIVs are correct...because id prefer to sell my L4D2 for around $25 to them instead of my ME2 CE, which i know i could get around $50 for on here.

PRO TIP: always check Amazon's TIV's--even after this GS sale, they're still usually higher. For example, Amazon is giving like $32.50 for Bioshock 2 (PS3).

when the store manager took my me2 trade in this morning, he mentioned that the crazy trade-in value was even discussed during a recent conference call among management. they're certainly aware of it. i'm hoping it sticks around a little longer.

on a side note, this has allowed me to strongly support (purchased 3 new copies total.. 1 on pc, 2 on 360) ME2 - a game that very much deserves it. likely in my top 10 favorite games (ever)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back