GS Trade-in Values: Old Thread, Check First/Last Post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
THIS THREAD LOCKED, NEW ONE HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6952150

[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% Bonus On All Games Traded (3/17/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games and receive an extra 50% trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III (4/4/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III when trade 2 select Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games.

Click Here for details.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III only. Final Fantasy XIII releases 3/11/10, God of War III releases 3/16/10. Release date subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Price shown is net after trades. God of War III's and Final Fantasy XIII's regular retail price is $59.99. Net retail will differ for special editions. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 02/22/10 - 04/04/10..[/QUOTE]

Power Trades 25% (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games towards the pre-order or purchase of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell: Conviction: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption or Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver and receive an extra 25% Trade-in Credit!

Expires: 3/14/2010. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell Conviction, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption, Pokemon Heart Gold or Pokemon Soul Silver. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

Nintendo DSi XL Promo (Unsure End Date)
[quote name='vze21gwa']Gamestop is having a trade up offer for the Nintendo DSi XL, where you can get one for $99.99 if you trade in your DSi or $129.99 if you trade in your ds lite. Just thought to let you know cause it's not posted.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arkansas, California, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wrencrest']Hey guys, not to say you are in the wrong, but did you ever stop to think that by trading in more games with crappy cases that you are hurting yourself and other gamers that may want said game in the future? I completely understand about the idiotic stickers they place on the cases, but at least they can be peeled off 9 times out of 10. The real problem is that Gamestop accepts anything other than complete games/cases/manuals. I cant believe how badly people take care of their stuff.

I was ready to buy a Madagascar game used for my daughter and decided against it because the case looked like it went through the car wash and the manual was no where to be found.

Sorry for the off topic post and again, not saying anyone is wrong here, just another viewpoint to think about.

EDIT: I still get a chuckle when I read about people trading to Amazon and getting pissed when they wont accept their used games that are missing items or scratched all to hell. I applaud Amazon for only taking in quality.[/QUOTE]

This seems especially true for DS games. I'm pretty sure 80% of the pre-owned DS section of a local GS was not the orginal case but GS case where it just has the name of game and some weird characters on it.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']This seems especially true for DS games. I'm pretty sure 80% of the pre-owned DS section of a local GS was not the orginal case but GS case where it just has the name of game and some weird characters on it.[/QUOTE]
At least with DS I can see where a bunch of kids played more than their fair share of those games. I wouldnt hold a kid to the same standard as an adult.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Average is $15 or so not $25.

I'm so damn bored right now.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Since you're bored you should learn what an average is. ;)

just got back after doing a trade, base values:

WII:
Mario Strikers Charged: $10
Mario Super Sluggers: $15

DS:
Mario Kart DS: $20

came out to $72 after bonus. not bad since i've had the wii games for about a year now and only paid $26 when i bought them.

For anyone interested, Mario Kart sells for $27 used after edge, and trades in for $32 after the 60% bonus. not too bad since the ME2 one isn't as viable, as long as your not getting tax.

Base Trade in values from today (02/24/2010)
:360:
20GB Hard Drive $10
Lost Odyssey $8

:wii:
Tiger Woods 2010 $18.25
Grand Slam Tennis $7
House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return $8.25
Ghost Squad $5.25
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves $8.25

:psp:
Dissidia Final Fantasy $8

:ds:
Metroid Prime Hunters $5.75
Puzzle Quest $2.50
Henry Hatsworth $5.25
WarioWare: Touched! $3

Total with Edge and 50% promo: $138.16
It was more than I was expecting, so I'm happy.
Probably should have kept a few for Goozex, but I have a few more that I'll put there.
Got an Edge Card/sub so I got $123.17 in credit. Don't know what to use it on yet!

[quote name='Tsukento']
Sometimes I think some employees slap on refurb fees for the sake of making sure you don't get a whole lot of trade in credit.[/QUOTE]

sometimes i think you only rag on gamestop to sound cool

[quote name='joemartinez1234']sometimes i think you only rag on gamestop to sound cool[/QUOTE]

unfortunately joe hes 100% correct.. but i see where you are coming from

[quote name='triimark6']i wasnt able 2 go to gs the other day so im trying 2 go today and can any explain the 50 promo to me srry for the trouble thx[/QUOTE]

Reading this made my head hurt. Seriously, internet abbreviations was really meant for instant messaging and text messages. If replacing "to" with 2 all that necessary? Actually, in terms of typing speed, it slows you down, which defeats the purpose of abbreviations.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Reading this made my head hurt. Seriously, internet abbreviations was really meant for instant messaging and text messages. If replacing "to" with 2 all that necessary? Actually, in terms of typing speed, it slows you down, which defeats the purpose of abbreviations.[/QUOTE]

oh great! I was hoping no one would look at "it" so "it" would go away. now you've made it worse :whistle2:#

[quote name='MasterSun1']Reading this made my head hurt. Seriously, internet abbreviations was really meant for instant messaging and text messages. If replacing "to" with 2 all that necessary? Actually, in terms of typing speed, it slows you down, which defeats the purpose of abbreviations.[/QUOTE]
Amen my brotha! The reason his sentence hurt so much is because he didnt use any punctuation or capital letters. Might as well be speaking another language.

EDIT: Sorry kurrptsenate!

I wanted to pose a question to everyone here - I traded in a bunch of DS games along with ME2. I found 2 complete copies of Zelda TPHG that are on special this week, so I grabbed them. When he rang me out, he put the Zelda games AND the ME2 I just traded in into the bag and handed to me.

Now, do you tell him and give it back? Or do you walk out of the store?

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']
As for me every case I ever trade into GS/EB is usually old rental cases from HWV, BBV or GS/EB cases. Someone in this thread said a long time ago to "give GS/EB back their crappy stickered cases" and that is how I roll now.[/QUOTE]

That were me - it is an advanced lesson in flipping 101 ;).

My local GS has a policy of charging refurb fees on disc or cart-only games, but I've never heard of getting refurb fees on stickered cases. Given what GS does to every game, anyway, that is ridiculous. Around here it is clearly just a store manager decision because I can go to pretty much any other store when I have disc-only stuff.

[quote name='outkastx']I wanted to pose a question to everyone here - I traded in a bunch of DS games along with ME2. I found 2 complete copies of Zelda TPHG that are on special this week, so I grabbed them. When he rang me out, he put the Zelda games AND the ME2 I just traded in into the bag and handed to me.

Now, do you tell him and give it back? Or do you walk out of the store?[/QUOTE]

free games sound good to me.

[quote name='outkastx']I wanted to pose a question to everyone here - I traded in a bunch of DS games along with ME2. I found 2 complete copies of Zelda TPHG that are on special this week, so I grabbed them. When he rang me out, he put the Zelda games AND the ME2 I just traded in into the bag and handed to me.

The guy messed up. It's not your place to feel guilty. Renegade +50

[quote name='Mutus']Just thought I would share my experience trying to trade in ME2 yesterday...[/QUOTE]

I would have informed him that the signature that is required when you trade things in clears him and Gamestop of any legal liability if it were in fact stolen, so it was not his place to say such a thing even if he believed it to be stolen.

Most companies I have worked for have specific policies that prohibit employees from accusing customers of any wrongdoing (even if you are 100% positive and/or witnessed it). I'm sure a call to the DM would lead to some sort of warranted disciplinary measure.

[quote name='plutoknight']I am as well, but I wasn't about to get into an argument with the manager over $4 bucks. Call me a bad CAG, but, I'll just never trade games to that particular store again (it was my first time at this store).

Come to think of it, though, I got hit with a refurb fee on Soul Calibur IV, which was complete. I wish I had noticed that before I left the store or signed my name....there's no reason that should have been given a refurb fee. None at all.[/QUOTE]

I gotta ask whether or not those sticker residue games were bought at a Gamestop. If they were, I would've raised that point with the manager.

If he still wouldn't relent on the fees the chick tacked on, I would've left.

I know of one specific GS store in my area that really never charges a refurb fee on ANYTHING. Funny part is it's the district manager's 'home office' store. This is the same damn DM who has ordered all the older gen games(SNES, Genesis, etc) snapped in half when all of them didn't sell during the 75% off clearance they were doing on them by the time the company was junking out the rest of them.

He also supposedly put out a mandate(that the other local store about a mile from there follows to the letter) that ANY game without a proper case or manual gets a refurb fee slapped on it.

What you should've done is found the kind of store like I mentioned above(no fees) and get to know the people working there pretty well. Once you do that, you should be set, though with such high turnover rates in retail nothing is forever.:cry:

Trade it in again?:lol:;) That happened to me the one time, but it was with cash though. They gave me back the new selling price for a game when I had returned the used version. Thing is, there was about a $20-30 difference there.

I was 3/4's of the way home by the time I realized the guy gave me wayyyyyy too much.

This reminds me of a situation I saw where a guy brought back a MUA2 disc that they gave him when he bought MUA for Xbox 360 (which is essentially worthless)

[quote name='Enclave Soldier']Does anyone know the trade in value for Ninja Gaiden 2 (360) and Scribblenauts? Send a pm if you know please. :)[/QUOTE]
Really? Not a pm, but here you go link

[quote name='CoastalmixX']The guy messed up. It's not your place to feel guilty. Renegade +50[/QUOTE]

Damn +50? in Me you only get like +2 renegade for not saving brain washed plant zombies.

[quote name='io']That were me - it is an advanced lesson in flipping 101 ;).

My local GS has a policy of charging refurb fees on disc or cart-only games, but I've never heard of getting refurb fees on stickered cases. Given what GS does to every game, anyway, that is ridiculous. Around here it is clearly just a store manager decision because I can go to pretty much any other store when I have disc-only stuff.[/QUOTE]

Thanks once again for the lesson! :applause: I must say it is one of my favorite things about trading in games to GS/EB because I don't have to waste time removing stickers from old cases with goo gone. I just trade them back in and let them re-sticker over them! :lol:

When I traded in my ME2 yesterday I just gave them the 1 disc in a blank generic case (2nd disc was in a paper sleeve). The clerk saw the disks were perfect and processed the trade. I kept the original case to keep my CE discs in!

Like myself and a number of people have said, those refurb fees they gave you were BS. I'm not saying you should have walked out on the trade for $4, but I definitely would scratch that store from your list of places to trade in games in the future. Also, if you would have brought it up they might have taken the fees off.

If a disc is scratched up to the point where they actually have to send it out to be refurbished then the fees are probably justified, but for sticker residue on a case? Please. You see the garbage they put out there on the shelves. :roll:

Did some trades today and heres my base TIVs.

Xbox 360
Batman AA = 15.00
Mordern Warfare 2 = 23.00
Dragon Age = 21.25
Red Faction Guerrilla = 4.00
Resident Evil 5 = 6.50
Street Fighter 4 = 3.00
Ghostbusters = 6.00
Dead Space = 6.00

Wii
New Super Mario Bros = 25.00

With promo and Edge i got 175.59. None of the stores in the area got Risen so i gotta go back tomorrow lol.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I gotta ask whether or not those sticker residue games were bought at a Gamestop. If they were, I would've raised that point with the manager.

If he still wouldn't relent on the fees the chick tacked on, I would've left.

I know of one specific GS store in my area that really never charges a refurb fee on ANYTHING. Funny part is it's the district manager's 'home office' store. This is the same damn DM who has ordered all the older gen games(SNES, Genesis, etc) snapped in half when all of them didn't sell during the 75% off clearance they were doing on them by the time the company was junking out the rest of them.

He also supposedly put out a mandate(that the other local store about a mile from there follows to the letter) that ANY game without a proper case or manual gets a refurb fee slapped on it.

What you should've done is found the kind of store like I mentioned above(no fees) and get to know the people working there pretty well. Once you do that, you should be set, though with such high turnover rates in retail nothing is forever.:cry:
[/QUOTE]

The stickers were not GS stickers, they were from Blockbuster (Blockbuster forced the game on me during a b1g1 sale a year ago, long story). I always carefully peel the stickers off anyway because they look bad on a shelf, and I like displaying to the world how big of a nerd I am.

And well, this is a Gamestop I frequent a lot, but usually for buying. I've been to a couple midnight launches there, and I tend to stop in at least once a month to browse the used games for anything I may want. I've chalked it up to it being a new employee (and the manager there I've never seen before, either). But, they won't be seeing my trade-ins again!

And wow, a DM made a Gamestop snap old SNES stuff in half?! THINK OF THE GAMING GOODNESS HE RUINED :'(.

[quote name='joemartinez1234']sometimes i think you only rag on gamestop to sound cool[/QUOTE]
Yeah, because it's totally cool to do so. :roll:

It's the truth, though. Not all GS' do it, but you're more or less bound to run into quite a few places that'll throw on a refurb fee for absolutely no reason than to just lower the amount you get to keep you from getting too much on a game. Whether it be due to the amount of stock within the store or whatever, it's a BS move that gets pulled every now and then.

I dont normally post here, But I come here quite often and have a question about this. I have a bricked 360 and I heard that they take them in? At what pricepoint and does this 50% count towards the hardware or just games? Im about to bring in a few games and if I can, I'd like to get rid of this e74 xbox lol.

Stopped in GS today to pre order Battlefield Bad Company 2 with some of the credit I made and the manager told me they had a price increase on hardware trade in for the 360 core unit with wireless controller...up $10 to base TiV of $90.00. Combined with the power trade you now would get $120.00 until 3/14/09 if traded towards a new console...

[quote name='plutoknight']The stickers were not GS stickers, they were from Blockbuster (Blockbuster forced the game on me during a b1g1 sale a year ago, long story). I always carefully peel the stickers off anyway because they look bad on a shelf, and I like displaying to the world how big of a nerd I am.

And well, this is a Gamestop I frequent a lot, but usually for buying. I've been to a couple midnight launches there, and I tend to stop in at least once a month to browse the used games for anything I may want. I've chalked it up to it being a new employee (and the manager there I've never seen before, either). But, they won't be seeing my trade-ins again!

And wow, a DM made a Gamestop snap old SNES stuff in half?! THINK OF THE GAMING GOODNESS HE RUINED :'(.[/QUOTE]

By the time he put out that order, there was nothing but Madden, Madden and mostly more Madden left across all platforms. So there was no real 'gaming goodness' being obliterated there.;)

As for the Blockbuster stickers, most of their used game stickers peel off pretty easily(if you mean the big ol' price stickers on the front). They're probably the easiest ones to get off completely, followed by the newer Hollywood Video ones, followed by the newer(not the little old square ones)Gamestop ones and so on.

If you're talking about that little strip sticker they put on the back of the case with their own UPC on it for their own inventory, those are easy to get off too if you take your time with them.

Any sticker residue that's left over can usually be taken off by sticking and re-peeling off the stickers you just took off. Just do that quickly on all the residue and it'll take it right off without having to use Goo Gone.

[quote name='Tinzzman']I dont normally post here, But I come here quite often and have a question about this. I have a bricked 360 and I heard that they take them in? At what pricepoint and does this 50% count towards the hardware or just games? Im about to bring in a few games and if I can, I'd like to get rid of this e74 xbox lol.[/QUOTE]
Hardware doesn't count towards it. As for what price point they cut out, it usually depends on the place. I believe some will take it and some won't.

[quote name='Tsukento']Hardware doesn't count towards it. As for what price point they cut out, it usually depends on the place. I believe some will take it and some won't.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I usually dont like calling my local GS there pretty rude and times and often have ignored me completely and hang up, Only one real friendly person there and they are pretty lackluster on anything else. It's still my place to shop cuz I can see the place from my window but ay, what the heck!

I got NHL10,Legends of Mania,SD vs Raw 09,Civ Rev,Army of II and UFC. Should net me Mass Effect 2

RE: Refurb fees

This is the biggest bunch of B.S. Most of the games I get from gamestop.com are full of scratches, missing manuals and artwork etc etc. And countless discs simply didn't play at all. What are those refurb fees going to if I'm getting all these bad discs?

[quote name='cheeky']RE: Refurb fees

This is the biggest bunch of B.S. Most of the games I get from gamestop.com are full of scratches, missing manuals and artwork etc etc. And countless discs simply didn't play at all. What are those refurb fees going to if I'm getting all these bad discs?[/QUOTE]

great question, i totally agree

[quote name='cheeky']RE: Refurb fees

This is the biggest bunch of B.S. Most of the games I get from gamestop.com are full of scratches, missing manuals and artwork etc etc. And countless discs simply didn't play at all. What are those refurb fees going to if I'm getting all these bad discs?[/QUOTE]

You know, this gets brought up a lot, but I can speak truthfully about it as I used to part time at Gamestop.

Whenever a game is traded in with a refurb fee, the computer automatically deducts the promotions and cost for the trade in value and the computer automatically spits out stickers to send the item back to Gamestop for refurbing.

If a game is scanned for refurbing, it will be shipped back because the label it prints is not scannable for sale... unless the manager is a douche who decides to throw away the printed stickers and print their own stickers on the side... which seems like a lot of work for Gamestop loyalty.

Those shitty discs you see in Gamestop inventory are ones that were accepted without refurb fees because of varying opinions from different employees.

Here are the base TIVs from what I traded in this afternoon at GS, as well as some rather interesting news.

PS2 Stuff:
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within - $4.00
Capcom vs. SNK 2 - $5.75
Prince of Persia: Two Thrones - $2.25
Dualshock 2 - $3.75
PS2 Slim - $25.00
PS2 Component Video Cable - $2.25
PS2 S-Video Cable - $0.65
PS2 Composite Cable - $2.50
PS2 Memory Card - $2.75
PS2 DVD Remote - $0.65

PS2 Games not accepted:
Maximo Ghosts to Glory
Mobile Light Force 2
Capcom Fighting Evolution

Total credit received with promo and edge: $81.41

Here's what really caught me by surprise; this particular GS no longer accepts for trade or sells Gamecube hardware, accessories, or games. As the bulk of what I wanted to trade were Gamecube games I was pretty disappointed to hear this. Apparently this is something that going on nationwide, according to the store manager that checked me out. Stores that have had a low volume of sales on previous-gen items, most notably Xbox and Gamecube, have been required to return their inventory and can no longer accept them as trade-ins. I was told that a store about 15-20 minutes away still sells Gamecube items so I might drive down at the end of the week.

The 50% bonus program + edge 10% actually makes nearly all of my GCN games worth more at GS than Amazon, and as much of a pain in the ass eBay has become for sellers lately I'm hoping I won't have to go that route.

[quote name='GuardianE']You know, this gets brought up a lot, but I can speak truthfully about it as I used to part time at Gamestop.

Whenever a game is traded in with a refurb fee, the computer automatically deducts the promotions and cost for the trade in value and the computer automatically spits out stickers to send the item back to Gamestop for refurbing.

If a game is scanned for refurbing, it will be shipped back because the label it prints is not scannable for sale... unless the manager is a douche who decides to throw away the printed stickers and print their own stickers on the side... which seems like a lot of work for Gamestop loyalty.

Those shitty discs you see in Gamestop inventory are ones that were accepted without refurb fees because of varying opinions from different employees.[/QUOTE]

Hey, thanks for the explanation. That actually makes a lot of sense.

[quote name='GuardianE']You know, this gets brought up a lot, but I can speak truthfully about it as I used to part time at Gamestop.

Those shitty discs you see in Gamestop inventory are ones that were accepted without refurb fees because of varying opinions from different employees.[/QUOTE]

While what you say sound logical, I am pretty sure that stores that are taking refurb fees for ugly cases aren't sending them back to be refurbed.

[quote name='luminaria']Here are the base TIVs from what I traded in this afternoon at GS, as well as some rather interesting news.

PS2 Stuff:
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within - $4.00
Capcom vs. SNK 2 - $5.75
Prince of Persia: Two Thrones - $2.25
Dualshock 2 - $3.75
PS2 Slim - $25.00
PS2 Component Video Cable - $2.25
PS2 S-Video Cable - $0.65
PS2 Composite Cable - $2.50
PS2 Memory Card - $2.75
PS2 DVD Remote - $0.65

PS2 Games not accepted:
Maximo Ghosts to Glory
Mobile Light Force 2
Capcom Fighting Evolution

Total credit received with promo and edge: $81.41

Here's what really caught me by surprise; this particular GS no longer accepts for trade or sells Gamecube hardware, accessories, or games. As the bulk of what I wanted to trade were Gamecube games I was pretty disappointed to hear this. Apparently this is something that going on nationwide, according to the store manager that checked me out. Stores that have had a low volume of sales on previous-gen items, most notably Xbox and Gamecube, have been required to return their inventory and can no longer accept them as trade-ins. I was told that a store about 15-20 minutes away still sells Gamecube items so I might drive down at the end of the week.

The 50% bonus program + edge 10% actually makes nearly all of my GCN games worth more at GS than Amazon, and as much of a pain in the ass eBay has become for sellers lately I'm hoping I won't have to go that route.[/QUOTE]

Any idea why they won't accept those? I have a bunch of PS2 games to trade in and they might not accept them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back