GS Trade-in Values: Old Thread, Check First/Last Post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
THIS THREAD LOCKED, NEW ONE HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6952150

[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% Bonus On All Games Traded (3/17/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games and receive an extra 50% trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III (4/4/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III when trade 2 select Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games.

Click Here for details.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III only. Final Fantasy XIII releases 3/11/10, God of War III releases 3/16/10. Release date subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Price shown is net after trades. God of War III's and Final Fantasy XIII's regular retail price is $59.99. Net retail will differ for special editions. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 02/22/10 - 04/04/10..[/QUOTE]

Power Trades 25% (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games towards the pre-order or purchase of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell: Conviction: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption or Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver and receive an extra 25% Trade-in Credit!

Expires: 3/14/2010. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell Conviction, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption, Pokemon Heart Gold or Pokemon Soul Silver. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

Nintendo DSi XL Promo (Unsure End Date)
[quote name='vze21gwa']Gamestop is having a trade up offer for the Nintendo DSi XL, where you can get one for $99.99 if you trade in your DSi or $129.99 if you trade in your ds lite. Just thought to let you know cause it's not posted.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arkansas, California, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jp0213']Updated lists and database. Tapping out for the night guys.

"The line must be drawn here. This far, no further! And, I will make them pay for what they've done."[/QUOTE]

You broke your little ships.

why are wii fits going for so much I see em everywhere.

I once bought a game with an AOL disc inside. The store manager wasn't all that surprised when i returned it. Seems it happens a lot. Thieves are very good at thievery.

[quote name='confoosious']why are wii fits going for so much I see em everywhere.

I once bought a game with an AOL disc inside. The store manager wasn't all that surprised when i returned it. Seems it happens a lot. Thieves are very good at thievery.[/QUOTE]

Wait are you saying u purchased a game that didnt have the seals or plastic wrapping on the outside ... if so WHY ??

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Wait are you saying u purchased a game that didnt have the seals or plastic wrapping on the outside ... if so WHY ??[/QUOTE]

You mean other than buying used games?

Base in TIV's as on Wed. Feb 24th.

Xbox 360

Quantum of Solace $4

Wall-E $2.75

Bully $8

Battlefield: Bad Company $7

PS3

NCAA March Madness 08 $0.50

Hope this Helps!

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Wait are you saying u purchased a game that didnt have the seals or plastic wrapping on the outside ... if so WHY ??[/QUOTE]

no, i bought a game that was perfectly sealed. it had an AOL disc in it.

This was in response to a much earlier discussion on people putting fake discs in sealed cases and returning them.

actually i think he means he bought a game that was supposed to be new, turns out it had been stolen n reshrinkwrapped. damn thieves

edit: damn too late

[quote name='killer9']obviously he bought it used[/QUOTE]

No it's in regards to people who buy new games and replace the game with crap disks like aol and then return the game. It can be done very easily and look like an unopened game if the cashier doesn't check well.

[quote name='blissskr']You can indeed get a HW bonus if putting using it towards purchasing this the employee said you'd have to completely pay it off though pre order wouldn't work. (Not sure if this is true though)[/QUOTE]

Pre order does work as I did it today with ps3 because they had none in.

DS
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 $28.41
Castlevania Dawn of Sarrows $6.40
My Spanish Coach $10.81
Teenage Zombies $2.40
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword $4.80

GC
Wario World $3.59
NCAA 2K3 $0.57
Kelly Slater Pro Surfer $0.96
Mario Power Tennis $4.41
Mario Party 5 $11.20
Super Smash Bros Melee $6.40

PGR4 $4.80
Need For Speed Most Wanted $11.20

PS2
Onimusha 3 $1.03

PSP
1g Memory $2.20

Total $99.18 with edge and promo.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']wii fits are going for a TON

i would ebay it instead. would get close to MSRP[/QUOTE]

Wii Fits are in very high demand right now in some parts of the country. They under-produced for the holidays and are still trying to catch up with the demand. Everyone who got a Wii for Christmas wants the Wii Fit now. In my area they are still sold out in every retail store and are going for as much as $150 if you can get your hands on one. I just sold my used Wii Fit Plus for $120.

well, i wouldn't say they under produced. chances are, they are releasing them to foreign markets and actually getting more for them, based on the dwindling dollar

anybody trade in Assassin's Creed 2 lately? i checked the CAG trade in price and it says $35, i feel like thats some sort of mistake, but i might be wrong?

[quote name='AshesofWake']anybody trade in Assassin's Creed 2 lately? i checked the CAG trade in price and it says $35, i feel like thats some sort of mistake, but i might be wrong?[/QUOTE]

PS3 version was $15.

[quote name='AshesofWake']anybody trade in Assassin's Creed 2 lately? i checked the CAG trade in price and it says $35, i feel like thats some sort of mistake, but i might be wrong?[/QUOTE]
traded it in yesterday got 24$ with 60% tacked on

Where do you see $35? On the PS3 and 360 version I only see $15.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']i looked at the list of games they take towards that deal, but really don't care about those 2 particular games.

crazy right?[/QUOTE]

not at all. God of war (to me) is very bland and repetitive. Looks cool and plays solid just repetitive/bland button masher. and I LOVE FF games but idk how i feel about the whole female protagonist and the no towns to visit :whistle2:# I know its a very small nuance but ive always enjoyed visiting diff towns ingame

[quote name='jp0213']Where do you see $35? On the PS3 and 360 version I only see $15.[/QUOTE]

I thought you were calling it a night? Go get some sleep and prepare for another influx of tiv's tomorrow. Thanks for you hard work jp and btw the new pic sux I want the old one back!!!

Made a trip in tonight here's what i traded:

DS:
Ninjatown - $2.25 (sadly)
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow - $6.00
Kirby Canvas Curse

360:
Mass Effect 2 - $30
Hour of Victory - $1.75
The Simpsons Game - $7.00

PS3:
Resistance FOM - $7.00
Uncharted 2 - $24.75

Total after bonus came to $123.38
Was expecting a bit more from ninja town and hour of victory, but not too bad overall.

[quote name='flagg1216']I thought you were calling it a night? Go get some sleep and prepare for another influx of tiv's tomorrow. Thanks for you hard work jp and btw the new pic sux I want the old one back!!![/QUOTE]
Having trouble sleeping so I figured I'd pop in here real quick. Got me a couple shots o Patron about 10 minutes ago, try to help with the sleep. More TIVs but not updating tonight.

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']not at all. God of war (to me) is very bland and repetitive. Looks cool and plays solid just repetitive/bland button masher. and I LOVE FF games but idk how i feel about the whole female protagonist and the no towns to visit :whistle2:# I know its a very small nuance but ive always enjoyed visiting diff towns ingame[/QUOTE]

after playing the heck out of demon's souls, I have absolutely no patience for a game with such generic combat. The only FF that really appealed to me was tactics, the first one. Just can't get into the rest of em. I'll try to play this one but will expect nothing.

Having a variety of places to visit seems to be a must these days. People except more depth and worldy structure from their games.

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']i think he was using el sarcasmo[/QUOTE]

Eh... I tried. Guess I'm not too good at it. :cry:

[quote name='CoastalmixX']Base values from today's trades...

GBA:
Metroid Zero Mission $2
Metroid Fusion $2
Mario Kart Super Circuit $6
Street Fighter Alpha 3 $0.85[/QUOTE]

Wow $6 base value for Super Circuit? I guess I'll be heading to GS tomorrow if that value holds up. Thanks for the heads up.

i'm about to bomb the heck out of this thread. sorry for the following insanely long post. it's mainly garbage ps2 games i bought or got for gifts when i was 13 and 14 years old.

:ps2:
MLB 06: The Show - 0.40
ASB 2004 - 0.30
MVP Baseball 05 - 0.30
Madden 03 - 0.20
Kingdom Hearts - 4.25
Legends of Wrestling - 1.00
Def Jam Vendetta - 2.00
The Sims 2 - 9.00
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2 - 2.75
TH PS 4 - 2.25
WWE Smackdown: SYM - 2.00
GTA: Vice City - 2.75
WDL: Thunder Tanks - 0.30
Soldier of Fortune - 0.80
Medal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - 0.90
Street Fighter EX3 - 2.75
Legends of Wrestling II - 1.00
TH: Underground 2 - 1.50
WWE Smackdown: HCTP - 2.00
ESPN MLB - 0.20
Gundam: Journey to Jaburo - 0.55

:gc:
WWE Wrestlemania X8 - 2.00
Urbz: Sims in the City - 2.25
ASB 03 - 0.40

:360:
Fable 2 - 6.00
WWE: SDvR 07 - 1.50
Crackdown - 3.00 :(
COD 4 - 5.00
Left 4 Dead 1 - 7.00
Madden NFL 07 - 0.45
Mass Effect 1 - 9.00

final total was 118.08. i didn't have an edge card, so i bit the bullet and signed up for that, pre-ordered FFXIII + strategy guide if only to say i own it. he knocked 13 off for scratches, ended up with 80.34, but 118 isn't bad for the bunch of garbage i got rid of. that's not counting the games he didn't take for whatever reason. they were in good condition. i think he just didn't wanna fork out anything for them.

regardless, i'm satisfied i suppose.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']after playing the heck out of demon's souls, I have absolutely no patience for a game with such generic combat. The only FF that really appealed to me was tactics, the first one. Just can't get into the rest of em. I'll try to play this one but will expect nothing.[/QUOTE]
Demon's Souls is careful generic combat compared to God of War's frantic generic combat. There's nothing special to both if you focus solely on that aspect.

[quote name='salazarmark']Demon's Souls is careful generic combat compared to God of War's frantic generic combat. There's nothing special to both if you focus solely on that aspect.[/QUOTE]

considering there is magic use, use of miracles, a stamina gauge, as well a completely different set of moves for a ton of weapons which changes if you two-hand a weapon, I'd say there is way more depth there...

as well as counters, repostes, and backstabs

[quote name='kurrptsenate']considering there is magic use, use of miracles, a stamina gauge, as well a completely different set of moves for a ton of weapons which changes if you two-hand a weapon, I'd say there is way more depth there...

as well as counters, repostes, and backstabs[/QUOTE]

Not to get too off-topic but this is 100% correct. GOW is all about button-mashing. Demon Souls has some of the deepest physical combat I've seen. You have to take on every enemy 1-on-1, and every move has to be carefully choreographed. Guard too much or attack too much, and you're dead. I love it. :cool:

[quote name='sleepyklown']Any games I could pick up from gamestop and trade back in on the Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III and save a few $s?[/QUOTE]
Only newer games really apply towards that offer. You'd basically be trading in a couple of recently released games and paying an extra $20 to finish off the full cost, which is a rather big rip.

You'd likely be better off with trading in some other things with the 50% extra deal.

Holy shit this bonus 50% promo is NO joke. I priced out my entire Nintendo wii collection last night with my brother who works at a local gamestop. I was comparing what his store would offer versus what amazon.com would offer. Amazon was offering 314.25$ for my system, peripherals and games....my brothers tally....holy shit I'm still in shock...471. Dollars. US dollars. Well, credit anyway. Credit which will go much farther with the benefit of getting my brothers discount on games I'll be using. HOLY BALLS! As saddened as I felt about abandoning Nintendos console, my grief hath been smited.

[quote name='Tsukento']Only newer games really apply towards that offer. You'd basically be trading in a couple of recently released games and paying an extra $20 to finish off the full cost, which is a rather big rip.

You'd likely be better off with trading in some other things with the 50% extra deal.[/QUOTE]

traded in Rock Band 2 and Uncharted 1 for this deal...so 20 bucks per game...not bad to me.

Just looked at my receipt...and somehow I got a total of 52 bucks for trading these games in towards GOW3...the guy made me pay 9.28 total.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DKRobbie']Holy shit this bonus 50% promo is NO joke. I priced out my entire Nintendo wii collection last night with my brother who works at a local gamestop. I was comparing what his store would offer versus what amazon.com would offer. Amazon was offering 314.25$ for my system, peripherals and games....my brothers tally....holy shit I'm still in shock...471. Dollars. US dollars. Well, credit anyway. Credit which will go much farther with the benefit of getting my brothers discount on games I'll be using. HOLY BALLS! As saddened as I felt about abandoning Nintendos console, my grief hath been smited.[/QUOTE]

I give u a digital thumbs up for dumping the Wii

Mass Effect 2 has dropped to $30 so you no longer make any extra flipping it from one GS to another. Zelda Spirit tracks has a $20 TIV so you can make about $5 flipping from one store to the next. Any other games at GS that trade in for more than they cost once you apply the 50% bonus and $10 from your Edge card?

[quote name='Estebon']So the ME2/HR flip is done with. Glad I did everything yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Awww I was going to do it this morning before class....did their tiv drop like a rock or did their used price sky-rocket? What happened?

EDIT:

[quote name='Metroid64']Mass Effect 2 has dropped to $30 so you no longer make any extra flipping it from one GS to another. Zelda Spirit tracks has a $20 TIV so you can make about $5 flipping from one store to the next. Any other games at GS that trade in for more than they cost once you apply the 50% bonus and $10 from your Edge card?[/QUOTE]

You mean if you just buy it, or is that with the 25% w/ Heavy Rain discount?

[quote name='jimijumper']Stopped in GS today to pre order Battlefield Bad Company 2 with some of the credit I made and the manager told me they had a price increase on hardware trade in for the 360 core unit with wireless controller...up $10 to base TiV of $90.00. Combined with the power trade you now would get $120.00 until 3/14/09 if traded towards a new console...[/QUOTE]

my bad

is this the price , with harddrive , headset , and cables????

[quote name='MacDaddyX12']Awww I was going to do it this morning before class....did their tiv drop like a rock or did their used price sky-rocket? What happened?

EDIT:

You mean if you just buy it, or is that with the 25% w/ Heavy Rain discount?[/QUOTE]

How does the heavy rain discount work do you need a coupon?

[quote name='bobewreckem69']How does the heavy rain discount work do you need a coupon?[/QUOTE]

yea, search it up with the search bar or just browse the first couple pages of the DEALS forum, you'll find the thread with the pdf to print it.

hey guys a got a couple of ds carts i wanna trade in , new super mario bros , call of duty 4 , and more

only thing is i cant find the boxes anyone know how much they will deduct?

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']I give u a digital thumbs up for dumping the Wii[/QUOTE]

Thats the sort of kind words that make my heart smile. Well, that and 471 in store credit :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back