GS Trade-in Values: Old Thread, Check First/Last Post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
THIS THREAD LOCKED, NEW ONE HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6952150

[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% Bonus On All Games Traded (3/17/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games and receive an extra 50% trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III (4/4/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III when trade 2 select Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games.

Click Here for details.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III only. Final Fantasy XIII releases 3/11/10, God of War III releases 3/16/10. Release date subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Price shown is net after trades. God of War III's and Final Fantasy XIII's regular retail price is $59.99. Net retail will differ for special editions. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 02/22/10 - 04/04/10..[/QUOTE]

Power Trades 25% (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games towards the pre-order or purchase of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell: Conviction: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption or Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver and receive an extra 25% Trade-in Credit!

Expires: 3/14/2010. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell Conviction, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption, Pokemon Heart Gold or Pokemon Soul Silver. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

Nintendo DSi XL Promo (Unsure End Date)
[quote name='vze21gwa']Gamestop is having a trade up offer for the Nintendo DSi XL, where you can get one for $99.99 if you trade in your DSi or $129.99 if you trade in your ds lite. Just thought to let you know cause it's not posted.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arkansas, California, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
just got back, forgot Valkyria Chronicles at home =(

base values

PSP:

FFVII Crisis Core - $4.75
Killzone Liberation - $3.50
MGS:portable Ops - $6.25
God of War:COO - $5.00

PS3:

MGS4 - $7.00
BlazBlue - $7.50

after bonus i totaled 54.50, but decided to get the GI subscription and the Edge bonus so I ended up with $39.41

quick question.. I skimmed through the thread and gamestop.com but didn't see it, are accessories included in the offer? I had some wireless controllers to trade in.

Traded in 2 more games today:

XBOX 360:
Ghostbusters : 6.00
Skate : 5.00

Got 17.60 after Edge and Promo. Laid down 60$ for Bad company 2 and my balance is now 210$. Ahh feels pretty good to be set for a while :D

Just Traded my copy of Modern Warfare 2 for $40.00 with bonus and edge. Make sure you call all the Gamestops near by, because they all don't have the same trade in values.

[quote name='bobewreckem69']any word on the next Buy2get1free?[/QUOTE]
A few days ago someone mentioned the 13th or 17th, but I don't believe there was ever confirmation.

[quote name='fart_bubble']sucks, raised $300 in credit and no Gamestop will sell me a PS3[/QUOTE]

Just curious, I'm thinking using my points to buy a ps3, why not?

[quote name='poker360']It's still pretty ridiculous. The game JUST came out, and its only 25? what happen to the days when BASE TIV was 30-35 for games that just came out? Oh wait....... they have these amazing "TRADE IN" deals .. lol[/QUOTE]

Well a lot of people reporting in here said they couldn't get sales of the game on Craigslist for $40 and EBay's going rates for an opened new release is $40-$50 before shipping/PayPal/EBay fees so getting $40 guaranteed is not that bad a thing.

Now if the 50% wasn't going on and you could only get $30 max on a Heavy Rain trade-in, then yeah it's time to look at the other options.

These games are played by the Gamestop store managers and corporate at E3 and the managers convention in the fall so they knew that HR was an 8-10 hour story that had different endings, but many buyers would just beat the game and then want to trade it in immediately. Gamestop was probably the happiest people in the nation about the DLC being delayed one week, because that's that many more copies being traded in before the DLC starts to drop (which the game is required to play.)

Whereas ME 2 and LFD 2 are constantly being kept and played and they have a low supply of them nationwide, so higher TIV for them.

MW 2 was a $30 TIV until the care package glitches in Jan-mid Feb. caused a lot of people to trade the game in mass (it's the most traded in game company-wide according to my local manager) so that's why it's base TIV dropped from $30-$18 in less than a month.

[quote name='panzerfaust']they seem to be out of stock everywhere 0_o[/QUOTE]

yep. One Gamestop had 5 sitting there reserved and they have another 9 reservations. The other had 1 unit on hold and another 4 reservations. I traded in most of my collection for nothing. Best Buy, TRU and Wal-Mart doesn't even have any either

[quote name='zerotl']Just curious, I'm thinking using my points to buy a ps3, why not?[/QUOTE]

Both Sony and Nintendo are having console shortages right now for whatever reason, so just be patient and they'll eventually get them in.

I know my Gamestop will let you put down X money/credit and they'll call you as soon as they get a PS3 or Wii in and reserve it for you for like 48 hours.

Got some question regarding purchasing games at GameStop in credit. From my impression, if you buy games and pay them fully in GameStop credit, there should be no tax on it. So if I bought Bayonetta for 59.99 and I paid it off completely in credit, it would be 59.99 only, without the tax? I thought this was true because I paid 54.99 after my 5$ preorder deposit toward Bayonetta in full credit, but I can't exactly confirm it when I asked an employee today. If this is true though, I wanted to know if this idea would apply toward purchasing a console. Trying to avoid paying tax on the new FF13 360 coming out soon which would add on an extra 40$. Thank you to anyone that can confirm this.

[quote name='kiotsukete']Got some question regarding purchasing games at GameStop in credit. From my impression, if you buy games and pay them fully in GameStop credit, there should be no tax on it. So if I bought Bayonetta for 59.99 and I paid it off completely in credit, it would be 59.99 only, without the tax? I thought this was true because I paid 54.99 after my 5$ preorder deposit toward Bayonetta in full credit, but I can't exactly confirm it when I asked an employee today. If this is true though, I wanted to know if this idea would apply toward purchasing a console. Trying to avoid paying tax on the new FF13 360 coming out soon which would add on an extra 40$. Thank you to anyone that can confirm this.[/QUOTE]

When I pre-ordered Bad Company 2 today, the girl told me it was going to be 64.19$ or what ever. I was paying in credit, so after she did it all and I looked at the receipt it only charged me 59.99. Initially it shows the total after tax, but if you pay with the Edge card, then there is no tax applied to it. That is as long as you live in the state that doesn't charge tax.

Another example was when my brother picked up Bioshock 2. I had like 57$ in credit. That was taken off the whole purchase, and the price that was left (2 dollars and something) was what I got taxed on, instead of the total amount. So I'm pretty sure you should be alright.

Traded in a few games yesterday, base prices listed.

PS2
MGS3 Subsistence - $2.75

Guitar Hero Smash Hits - $9.50
Guitar Hero 3 - $0.80
Rock Band AC/DC - $4
Rock Band - $2
Ninja Blade - $6.25

[quote name='MSUHitman']Well a lot of people reporting in here said they couldn't get sales of the game on Craigslist for $40 and EBay's going rates for an opened new release is $40-$50 before shipping/PayPal/EBay fees so getting $40 guaranteed is not that bad a thing.

Now if the 50% wasn't going on and you could only get $30 max on a Heavy Rain trade-in, then yeah it's time to look at the other options.

These games are played by the Gamestop store managers and corporate at E3 and the managers convention in the fall so they knew that HR was an 8-10 hour story that had different endings, but many buyers would just beat the game and then want to trade it in immediately. Gamestop was probably the happiest people in the nation about the DLC being delayed one week, because that's that many more copies being traded in before the DLC starts to drop (which the game is required to play.)

Whereas ME 2 and LFD 2 are constantly being kept and played and they have a low supply of them nationwide, so higher TIV for them.

MW 2 was a $30 TIV until the care package glitches in Jan-mid Feb. caused a lot of people to trade the game in mass (it's the most traded in game company-wide according to my local manager) so that's why it's base TIV dropped from $30-$18 in less than a month.[/QUOTE]
Very interesting read. :applause:

[quote name='poker360']It's still pretty ridiculous. The game JUST came out, and its only 25? what happen to the days when BASE TIV was 30-35 for games that just came out? Oh wait....... they have these amazing "TRADE IN" deals .. lol[/QUOTE]

The used game market is becoming massively saturated. Plus, more and more places are running giftcard deals or putting games on sale a week or two after they come out, so people no longer are willing to pay $50 or $55 for a used copy. Most games (outside of the AAA, blockbuster titles, like Mass Effect 2) don't move at these higher prices anymore, so the TIVs don't start that high. At the end of the day, with this deal that you find so laughable, you'll get almost $40. After fees, that's probably about $5 less than you would get from eBay. That's the price you pay for convenience.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']The used game market is becoming massively saturated. Plus, more and more places are running giftcard deals or putting games on sale a week or two after they come out, so people no longer are willing to pay $50 or $55 for a used copy. Most games (outside of the AAA, blockbuster titles, like Mass Effect 2) don't move at these higher prices anymore, so the TIVs don't start that high. At the end of the day, with this deal that you find so laughable, you'll get almost $40. After fees, that's probably about $5 less than you would get from eBay. That's the price you pay for convenience.[/QUOTE]

I usually don't like to discuss trade in and EBAY and stuff since it is not what the thread is for, but I completely agree. Last year, around this time, I sold 90% EBAY and maybe 10% at Gamestop. Now, it is probably 60-40 in Gamestop's favor. I feel like it is foolish to buy any new game at a retail store for $60 ( I admit I do it though, but only with Gamestop credit) Within a week, you can get a used mint copy on Ebay for $40.

sorry that this is off topic but im really worried so here goes

im trading in my x360 for the ffxiii package , i know i have to transfer xbl arcade licenses , but what if i bought games on several accounts will i be allowed to transfer the liscenses from both of the accounts?Only reason im scared is cause it says you can only do it once every 12 months , does that mean per account or system?

$40 credit, not cash. With cash, you're able to use it anywhere, which means (most likely) you'll end up finding a game on the 'net cheaper than you would at Gamestop. You also don't have to venture into Gamestop and get harassed.

Just throwing that out there.

[quote name='bobewreckem69']sorry that this is off topic but im really worried so here goes

im trading in my x360 for the ffxiii package , i know i have to transfer xbl arcade licenses , but what if i bought games on several accounts will i be allowed to transfer the liscenses from both of the accounts?Only reason im scared is cause it says you can only do it once every 12 months , does that mean per account or system?[/QUOTE]

Your best bet is to call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and let them know of your situation. From a policy perspective, I don't think you can do that.. but if you spoke to someone about it they may make an exception.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']I usually don't like to discuss trade in and EBAY and stuff since it is not what the thread is for, but I completely agree. Last year, around this time, I sold 90% EBAY and maybe 10% at Gamestop. Now, it is probably 60-40 in Gamestop's favor. I feel like it is foolish to buy any new game at a retail store for $60 ( I admit I do it though, but only with Gamestop credit) Within a week, you can get a used mint copy on Ebay for $40.[/QUOTE]

That depends on the game really. If a game is very popular (such as CoD:MW, ME2, Uncharted 2, etc) then it takes longer than a week for it to drop to ~$40.

.. that or I'm just bad at searching on eBay. :p

[quote name='panzerfaust']I only buy new games at retail price if I feel the game is so good the developers deserve my contribution.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Despite having much hatred for EA, I'm buying BFBC2 on launch day. Curse this FPS addiction!!

Just traded in Resistance 2 and Mass Effect 2. Looks like Resistance 2 went down a buck.

Base trade-in prices:

Resistance 2 - 9.00
Mass Effect 2 - 30.00

[quote name='bigpimpin24']When I pre-ordered Bad Company 2 today, the girl told me it was going to be 64.19$ or what ever. I was paying in credit, so after she did it all and I looked at the receipt it only charged me 59.99. Initially it shows the total after tax, but if you pay with the Edge card, then there is no tax applied to it. That is as long as you live in the state that doesn't charge tax.

Another example was when my brother picked up Bioshock 2. I had like 57$ in credit. That was taken off the whole purchase, and the price that was left (2 dollars and something) was what I got taxed on, instead of the total amount. So I'm pretty sure you should be alright.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your input, now to get $400 in credit and see if it'll work.

In case anyone cares as well, the TIV for any working 360 console with the cables and one wireless controller (no hard drive is necessary) is $90 base value as of today. Can anyone tell me if this is unusually high for trading in a 360 console as of recently? I thought this was unusually high and was expecting more to the $70-80 base region. Can I expect to see the TIV to go up or down in value with the new FF13 consoles about to be released?

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']$40 credit, not cash. With cash, you're able to use it anywhere, which means (most likely) you'll end up finding a game on the 'net cheaper than you would at Gamestop. You also don't have to venture into Gamestop and get harassed.

Just throwing that out there.[/QUOTE]

I've never been "harassed" at a GameStop. I've also gotten great deals at GameStop, because of this site.

Just throwing that out there.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I've never been "harassed" at a GameStop. I've also gotten great deals at GameStop, because of this site.

Just throwing that out there.[/QUOTE]

Got raped at GS once. True story.

Seems like all the Gamestop defense force are on full alert in this post. This sale must be really important to their bottom line.

[quote name='leopaw']Seems like all the Gamestop defense force are on full alert in this post. This sale must be really important to their bottom line.[/QUOTE]
I think it's more of, over the past year and a half, countless jackasses come in with their "LULZ GAMESTOP SUXORZ. YOU GUYS R GETIN RAPED. SELL EBAY MAKE REALZ MONEY." and all that jazz. It gets old. Some people can piece together a coherent post with all that, but when people tell them that most people trade into GameStop for convenience factor they seem to have a brain disconnect. Not everyone has time to deal with Craigslist/eBay or want to worry about what is eBay's policy of siding with the Buyer no matter what most of the time.

The only time I really get riled up are the ones who double-post or drag on an argument for 4-5 pages and practically derail the thread. It also makes it much more of a chore to weed through and get TIVs people have posted. IAmTheCheapestGamer is probably one of GameStops biggest opponents I've seen on the board, yet posts in here as well with TIVs and doesn't continuously harass people in here. People talk about GameStop employees harassing them when they go in, how are you guys any better in here? If you have time/patience to deal with eBay/Craigslist, go right ahead people. Stay out of here and quit derailing the topic, which is reporting trade-in values and discussing the current promos.

This isn't really directed to the guy I quoted, just commented on his post and then kind of went on a rant. I'm going to try and not rant again, but seriously the off-topic chatter is getting old. If we didn't have that the thread would probably only be about 50-60 pages or so.

Just got back from trading some stuff in. Here's my base TIV;

PS2:
Half-Life - 2.00
X-men Legends - 1.50
God of War 2 - 5.00
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence - 1.50
Onimusha Warlords - 0.75
Rygar - 0.90
DBZ Budokai - 0.90
Dark Cloud - 1.50
Contra: Shattered Soldier - 3.00
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.50

GameCube:
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Bonus Disc - 10.00
Resident Evil 4 - 4.00
Super Smash Bros. - 4.00
Sonic Mega Collection - 3.00
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance - 2.75

GBA:
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced - 2.00
Classic Nes series: Super Mario Bros. - 9.75

DS:
Super Mario 64 - 7.50
Feel the Magic - 1.00
Rocket Slime - 1.25
Retro Atari Classics - 3.00

Wii:
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 7.00
ExciteTruck - 6.00
Elebits - 2.00

Xbox 360:
Infinite Undiscovery - 5.75
Dead Rising - 5.00
Mass Effect - 10.75

All in all with the promo + Edge card I got $166.92

Good flip if you are getting BC2 this week. TRU is having :360:Mass Effect 2, :360: L4D2, :360::ps3: Army of Two The 40th Day and :360::ps3: Dante's Inferno at 50% off when you purchase Battlefield: BC2.

ME2 Cost = $30
ME2 Base TIV = $30 (CALL TO CONFIRM)
ME2 TIV after 50% Promo = $45

Of course the Edge card is not included

I don't mind the "harass" chatter with the employees. Game talk is fun.

"God of War III is going to be huge man, want to place a pre-order?"

"Nah, maybe I'll rent it someday. The demo was pretty dull and the game is going to be what -- 10-12 hours long?"

"WHHAAA!?"

[quote name='joemartinez1234']and you post another helpful, thoughtful, and positive thing in the thread.[/QUOTE]

lulz

[quote name='NeoSmith19']
Feel the Magic - 1.00
[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised they gave you this much. They sell it for $2.99. For those of you with too much credit, you might want to pick it up. For sub $3, it's a weird quirky game that's kinda fun.

[quote name='jp0213']I think it's more of, over the past year and a half, countless jackasses come in with their "LULZ GAMESTOP SUXORZ. YOU GUYS R GETIN RAPED. SELL EBAY MAKE REALZ MONEY." and all that jazz. It gets old. Some people can piece together a coherent post with all that, but when people tell them that most people trade into GameStop for convenience factor they seem to have a brain disconnect. Not everyone has time to deal with Craigslist/eBay or want to worry about what is eBay's policy of siding with the Buyer no matter what most of the time. [/QUOTE]

Oh my God, jp, you must be a general in the GS Defense Force!

Seriously, is that what we've stooped to, now? People who are long-time members of this board are now...what...sleeper GS agents? How about this more plausible reason...people in this thread are simply tired of the bitching. This thread has nothing to do with how much YOU hate GS. It's about TIVs, trade-in promos, helping people maximize their trade-ins, etc. If you hate GS, start a thread in the discussion forum or write a blog.

[quote name='confoosious']

I'm surprised they gave you this much. They sell it for $2.99. For those of you with too much credit, you might want to pick it up. For sub $3, it's a weird quirky game that's kinda fun.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was surprised by that too. I was also surprised that they gave me $3.00 base credit for Retro Atari Classics. I bought that new for like $2.00.

A game like Bad Company 2, do you get more if you have the codes that come with the game, or am I just better off hanging onto them? And what kind of value would I be looking at getting day 1 with it? As I see stuff like ME2 and Heavy Rain that just came out are pulling 25-30, would BC2's trade in be even higher?

Also, is there anyway to get an EDGE card without having to get a GI subscription?

Base TIVs from today:

Indigo Prophecy (PS2) - 3.00
American Idol Encore game only (PS2) - 2.00
Mana Khemia (PS2) 3.00
State of Emergency (PS2) - .40
Mario Party 7 game only (GC) - 6.00
Elebits (Wii) - 3.20
Metroid Prime 3 (Wii) - 6.00
GTA 4 (360) - 5.75
The Bigs (360) - 2.25
Def Jam Icon (PS3) - 4.00
Haze (PS3) - 2.75
Turning Point Fall of Liberty (PS3) - 1.75

got 62.26 with the promo. saving it for a PSP

Base TIV from about an hour ago:

:ps3:Killzone 2 - $9.00
:360:Batman AA - $15.00
:360:Dragon Age - $17.00

Total after promos & edge: $65.60

Pre-ordered BC2 and have a whopping $1.41 left :)

Silent Hill 3 (PS2) - 5.25
Guitar Hero - 2.00
Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS2) - 1.50
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2) - 2.00
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2) - 5.00

$23.62 w/promo

They wouldn't take any of my 4 copies of Everquest Online Adventures. :cry:

[quote name='kiotsukete']Got some question regarding purchasing games at GameStop in credit. From my impression, if you buy games and pay them fully in GameStop credit, there should be no tax on it. So if I bought Bayonetta for 59.99 and I paid it off completely in credit, it would be 59.99 only, without the tax? I thought this was true because I paid 54.99 after my 5$ preorder deposit toward Bayonetta in full credit, but I can't exactly confirm it when I asked an employee today. If this is true though, I wanted to know if this idea would apply toward purchasing a console. Trying to avoid paying tax on the new FF13 360 coming out soon which would add on an extra 40$. Thank you to anyone that can confirm this.[/QUOTE]

It varies by state law. If you look in the OP there is a list of states that either charge or don't charge tax for purchases made 100% with Gamestop credit.

In regards to VashandWolfwood's question on getting an Edge card without Game Informer, if you do a search there was a thread from 1-2 years ago about getting just the Edge card for like $2. You'll have to search for it and see if the link still works or not. Someone usually tries every few months as that thread will randomly be bumped.

In regards to the next B2G1F, no one knows for sure. Some have said Easter time and some have said beginning of summer. Given that Gamestop's CFO just left the company for Walmart and Gamestop's stock rating was downgraded, I would think it's going to be sooner rather than later, but it's a total guess on my part.

I'm glad I decided to look at this thread, I normally avoid GameStop and I almost sent my DS Lite to Amazon for $34 but it looks like I'll be paying GameStop a visit on Monday.

I'm looking at getting a PS3 Slim when they get one in stock. I've been watching for Amazon to re-stock them but if I can get $48.25 (DS Lite + Charger) that's a way better deal. Plus, the $30 bonus means I come ahead of a Prime-shipped PS3 Slim by $9, essentially giving me a tax-free $57.25 off a PS3 Slim! :bouncy: :hot:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back