GS Trade-in Values: Old Thread, Check First/Last Post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
THIS THREAD LOCKED, NEW ONE HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6952150

[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% Bonus On All Games Traded (3/17/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games and receive an extra 50% trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III (4/4/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III when trade 2 select Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games.

Click Here for details.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III only. Final Fantasy XIII releases 3/11/10, God of War III releases 3/16/10. Release date subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Price shown is net after trades. God of War III's and Final Fantasy XIII's regular retail price is $59.99. Net retail will differ for special editions. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 02/22/10 - 04/04/10..[/QUOTE]

Power Trades 25% (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games towards the pre-order or purchase of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell: Conviction: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption or Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver and receive an extra 25% Trade-in Credit!

Expires: 3/14/2010. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell Conviction, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption, Pokemon Heart Gold or Pokemon Soul Silver. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

Nintendo DSi XL Promo (Unsure End Date)
[quote name='vze21gwa']Gamestop is having a trade up offer for the Nintendo DSi XL, where you can get one for $99.99 if you trade in your DSi or $129.99 if you trade in your ds lite. Just thought to let you know cause it's not posted.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arkansas, California, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks a lot jp, sorry I had to push the question but I need to trade in a few systems in soon. Hopefully, if they don't have the console for the HW promo, they would simply just credit me the bonus or in someway into edge.

oh and suprised how 360 core + wireless gone up $10 TIV with the arrival of FF13 360 bundle Hmmm...

traded in a bunch of games today at my gamestop. Here we go:

Base values (promo+edge):

PS2:
Burnout Revenge: 2.75 (4.41)
Wall-E: 2.50 (4.00)
Star Wars Battlefront II: 4.00 (6.40)
Soul Calibur II: 1.75 (2.81)
Indigo Prophecy: 3.00 (4.80)
Xenosaga Episode 1: 1.50 (2.40)
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty: 0.90 (1.44)
Final Fantasy VII Dirge of Cerberus: 4.50 (7.20)
Simpsons Hit and Run: 4.00 (6.40)
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas: 5.00 (8.00)
Bible Game: 2.00 (3.20)
Cars: 3.00 (4.80)
Resident Evil 4: 2.00 (3.20)

Gamecube:
Resident Evil 4: 4.00 (6.40)
Legend of Zelda Master Quest: 10.00 (16.00)

PSP:
Wall-E: 2.75 (4.41)
GTA Vice City Stories: 5.50 (8.80)

PS3:
Assassin's Creed: 6.00 (9.60)

360:
Call of Duty 3: 2.75 (4.41)

DS:
Star Wars Clone Wars Jedi Alliance: 5.00 (8.00)
Flushed Away: 3.00 (4.80)
Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia: 5.50 (8.80)
Professor Layton Curious Village: 15.00 (24.00)
Harry Potter Order of Phoenix: 3.00 (4.80)
Metroid Prime Hunters: 5.75 (9.21)

GBA:
Yugioh Destiny Board Travel: 0.75 (1.21)
Super Mario World Advance 2: 6.50 (10.40)

Wii:
Wall-E: 5.00 (8.00)

Looking over my receipt, I found out he didn't include 2 games, a DS game (Dora ds, which could of got me about $8) and a GBA game (warioware twisted, who knows how much for that one). So basically stole 2 of my games. Thanks G$.

Also he hit me with TWELVE refurb fees for my ps2 games saying because it was scratched. Thanks again!

I got a total of $176.15 for all of the above with refurb fees included. Pretty good I guess. Next time, I'll go through the receipt before leaving the store.

[quote name='backseatdog']traded in a bunch of games today at my gamestop. Here we go:

Base values (promo+edge):

PS2:
Burnout Revenge: 2.75 (4.41)
Wall-E: 2.50 (4.00)
Star Wars Battlefront II: 4.00 (6.40)
Soul Calibur II: 1.75 (2.81)
Indigo Prophecy: 3.00 (4.80)
Xenosaga Episode 1: 1.50 (2.40)
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty: 0.90 (1.44)
Final Fantasy VII Dirge of Cerberus: 4.50 (7.20)
Simpsons Hit and Run: 4.00 (6.40)
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas: 5.00 (8.00)
Bible Game: 2.00 (3.20)
Cars: 3.00 (4.80)
Resident Evil 4: 2.00 (3.20)

Gamecube:
Resident Evil 4: 4.00 (6.40)
Legend of Zelda Master Quest: 10.00 (16.00)

PSP:
Wall-E: 2.75 (4.41)
GTA Vice City Stories: 5.50 (8.80)

PS3:
Assassin's Creed: 6.00 (9.60)

360:
Call of Duty 3: 2.75 (4.41)

DS:
Star Wars Clone Wars Jedi Alliance: 5.00 (8.00)
Flushed Away: 3.00 (4.80)
Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia: 5.50 (8.80)
Professor Layton Curious Village: 15.00 (24.00)
Harry Potter Order of Phoenix: 3.00 (4.80)
Metroid Prime Hunters: 5.75 (9.21)

GBA:
Yugioh Destiny Board Travel: 0.75 (1.21)
Super Mario World Advance 2: 6.50 (10.40)

Wii:
Wall-E: 5.00 (8.00)

Looking over my receipt, I found out he didn't include 2 games, a DS game (Dora ds, which could of got me about $8) and a GBA game (warioware twisted, who knows how much for that one). So basically stole 2 of my games. Thanks G$.

Also he hit me with TWELVE refurb fees for my ps2 games saying because it was scratched. Thanks again!

I got a total of $176.15 for all of the above with refurb fees included. Pretty good I guess. Next time, I'll go through the receipt before leaving the store.[/QUOTE]

I'd actually check things before even getting a receipt. Once you have a receipt the trade is done and you ain't getting your stuff back.

Hey JP great work! Much appreciated!

I couldn't find Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010 in the value tracker, so here's the Gamestop base TIV $11 (2/27/10)

Man some of these values are pathetic.......if you live near an Entertainmart just go there and trade they are better and give you cash.

[quote name='buster90']Man some of these values are pathetic.......if you live near an Entertainmart just go there and trade they are better and give you cash.[/QUOTE]

They can beat the TIVs plus 50% from the promo and another 10% from our EDGE cards? Let us know...

I traded in Heavy Rain a few days ago and I don't regret it at all. I got $40 credit back and I already got the platinum trophy on it. I tried for a few hours to sell on craigslist and I got people offering to trade DevilMayCry4 and Shadow controllers, lol. I said 50 or nothing. Gamestop is just alot more convenient. And thanks Cheapest, I'm gonna look at my blockbuster for some SW CW to trade in towards gow3 r ff13 or hoping the tiv stays strong. peace Thanx JP for everything you do.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Doomtime']:lol: How'd this come about? Turn down the pre-order offers?[/QUOTE]

Asked for a non-gutted copy. Was told there was one in the back room. BIG mistake.

Traded in 3 games today.

---------------------------------Base TIV:whistle2:--(W/Edge/Promo)---
Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged: 2.00 (3.20)
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (360): 25.00 (40.00)
Left 4 Dead 2 (360): 29.75 (47.61)

They gave more for the CoD:MW2 and Arcade Unplugged than the database here indicated they would (has the TIV of MW2 actually gone up???).

I didn't argue. Putting this towards Monster Hunter bundle and will save the rest for B2G1F eventuality.

Why do I suddenly like GS so much more?

Updated lists and database.

"How bout I answer your question with another question; how many abo-digitals do you see modelling?"

After looking through the lists and doing some comparisons I'm hoping the TIVs hold up until ~noon on Monday on both Amazon and GameStop. If they do it's going to be about a 50-50 split of where my games. :bouncy:

Just in games it looks like I'll be getting ~$170 between GS and Amazon, woo hoo!

Hope the $25 price for Dante's Inferno holds this week. Getting it for $40 at Target this week and flipping it back would basically mean a free game.

[quote name='Skironox']Hope the $25 price for Dante's Inferno holds this week. Getting it for $40 at Target this week and flipping it back would basically mean a free game.[/QUOTE]

How so?

[quote name='jp0213'] IAmTheCheapestGamer is probably one of GameStops biggest opponents I've seen on the board, yet posts in here as well with TIVs and doesn't continuously harass people in here. People talk about GameStop employees harassing them when they go in, how are you guys any better in here? If you have time/patience to deal with eBay/Craigslist, go right ahead people. Stay out of here and quit derailing the topic, which is reporting trade-in values and discussing the current promos.

This isn't really directed to the guy I quoted, just commented on his post and then kind of went on a rant. I'm going to try and not rant again, but seriously the off-topic chatter is getting old. If we didn't have that the thread would probably only be about 50-60 pages or so.[/QUOTE]

I am a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to GS, since I like their decent promos, especially when I can combine them with games I got super cheap or free(FTF, SBD, $5 HWV sale games).

Otherwise, they're 'zomg the devil'.:D;) But if I'm getting one over on them, they're an ok company.

tl;dr version: Exploitable promos + sales n decent TIV's for sale games=Gamestop is good. Sucky promos+bottomed out TIV's=Gamestop is bad.

[quote name='backseatdog']

I got a total of $176.15 for all of the above with refurb fees included. Pretty good I guess. Next time, I'll go through the receipt before leaving the store.[/QUOTE]

No matter how much of a hurry you're in, ALWAYS CHECK THE RECEIPT and either have a memorized or printed up list of everything you're trading in to check off from. If you see something missing, bring it to their attention BEFORE leaving the store. Lucky for me I noticed 2 missing games in my transaction in August when I was getting my PS3 slim as I was leaving the store.

I also noted the condition of each game I was trading in when I went to trade them in and they tried charging me a refurb fee for DUST on a PS3 disc. After arguing with the clerk(and manager) for 5 minutes, they relented and took it off.

I also realized they didn't apply the Batman:AA promo bump and it took them a damned week to get me a copy of the game and the extra credit I was owed.:roll: You gotta be vigilant when trading stuff in.
[quote name='flagg1216']I'd actually check things before even getting a receipt. Once you have a receipt the trade is done and you ain't getting your stuff back.[/QUOTE]

Actually while you can't get your stuff back, if you DO notice a missing game before leaving the store, BRING IT TO THEIR ATTENTION. I had to do this in August when I traded in like 12-14 games while trading in my fat PS3. They somehow 'missed' two, but still took them behind the counter.:roll:

They chose to do it on the same damned transaction somehow, so it got seriously borked and I had to go back in a week later to get the tiv bump I was supposed to get AND get my copy of Batman:AA I was supposed to get with the promo.

[quote name='MSUHitman'] Given that Gamestop's CFO just left the company for Walmart and Gamestop's stock rating was downgraded, I would think it's going to be sooner rather than later, but it's a total guess on my part.[/QUOTE]
Interesting news. Where did you hear it? :D

[quote name='confoosious']Asked for a non-gutted copy. Was told there was one in the back room. BIG mistake.[/QUOTE]
Ahh, the mysterious back room. I've always wondered what they had (or did) in there.:applause:

I just traded in tekken 6 for the ps3 for $27 credit today. The base value was 12.50. I was also thinking about trading in call of duty mw2 xbox 360 for $37 but decided to trade it in to amazon for 34.50 instead.

[quote name='Skironox']$25 + 12.50 50% extra TIV + 2.50 10% Edge Card bonus = $40, minus tax.[/QUOTE]
So are you planning on installing it to your hard drive, then?

[quote name='bringerofdeath']I just traded in tekken 6 for the ps3 for $27 credit today. The base value was 12.50.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't add up. If the base was 12.50 the most it would've been is 18.75 with the bonus.

Also I think the guy meant he bought Dante's Inferno, played and finished it so it was like getting the game for free since he got most of his money back except the tax.

Left Gamestop semi-satisfied today..
A first time poster as well as a first time user of Gamestop's used/trade-in services, had a bunch of stuff I wanted to unload but was waiting for the right deal to drop- also conveniently back from college for this month so I went through my old crap and dug out some stuff I had no intention of playing anymore...

Base TIV's in no particular order

Super Mario Sunshine (GC) - $6
Tony Hawk's Underground (PS2) - .90
Grand Theft Auto Vice City (PS2) - $2
Yugioh Duelists of the Roses (PS2) - .80
Lumines (PSP) - $1.25
Metal Gear Acid (PSP) - $1.50
King Kong (PSP) - $2.50
Advance Wars Dual Strike (DS) - $2
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass (DS) - $6
New Super Mario Bros (DS) - $10
Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS) -$15
Final Fantasy IV (DS) - $5.50
Yugioh Dungeon Dice Monsters (GBA) - .25
Megaman Battle Network (GBA) - .75
Bomberman Tournament (GBA) - .40
Megaman Battle Network 3 Blue (GBA) - .75
Yugioh Eternal Duelist Soul (GBA) - .55
Final Fantasy I & II Dawn of Souls (GBA) - $2.50
Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past (GBA) - $3.75
Yugioh Stairway to the Destined Duel (GBA) - .85
Mario Kart Super Circuit (GBA) - $6

Total after 50% + 10% Edge came to - $110.81
Reason why I left with a slightly bitter taste in my mouth was, as I mentioned I am a first time reseller of games and my cashier, who was honestly a very friendly person and obviously an avid gamer, he just kept pushing the Edge card on me. I don't actually know what an Edge card does (I have been briefed as of leaving the store) all I know is that it costs $15 and is essentially the price of a Game Informer subscription which I have no fond desire for.

And as he's launching into his explanation of all the benefits that being an Edge subscriber has, I'm already backing away, as I kind of just want my money (or store credit or whatever) without anyone trying to sell me anything else, so kind of playing along I ask him how much it is, and he tells me that normally (NOTE NORMALLY) it's $15 but the amount of stuff I'm trading in more than covers it, and I'm a bit incredulous at this, I ask him, "so it's free?" And he responds that I wouldn't be paying anything, which again, I am just astonished at, and even more so now because I truly wonder if it's part of the requisite training of all part-time gamestop employees to learn to dodge questions and rephrase things and push and then trick you into buying an Edge subscription- because I honestly was not buying that the Edge card was ABSOLUTELY free, just because I hadn't been to Gamestop in a really long time did not mean that I have not gone before and have similar encounters with its employees, however even before I had agreed to the Edge card he had already started counting the extra 10% Edge trade bonus and insinuating that the only way for me to trade things in for store credit was to have and Edge card, so I gave him the go-ahead.

Then after actually getting my receipt and noticing that $15 had been deducted from my total balance, not to mention the 10% trade bonus for having the Edge card only managed to cover about half the cost of buying one and did not as my cashier had told me 'pay for itself', I went back to my cashier and politely told him that I felt I had been misled and would like to instead have my Edge balance transferred to a gift card, since I was now aware that this was a feasible option. Lowering his eyes, he told me I would have to speak with his manager, who then apologized for having made it seem that the Edge card was an ABSOLUTE necessity for anybody who wished to be a customer of Gamestop, but then told me that there was no way for me to get my money back because Game Informer had my address and there's no way to cancel my subscription through Gamestop.

I suppose it's really my fault for not having read the fine print and asking for more details, and I really can't complain even though now I'm stuck with an Edge card that won't be seeing much use (as I rarely buy used or trade in games of my own) as well as a Game Informer subscription. Overall a cool day picking up Jirachi for my Diamond and dropping $40 towards a preorder of Soulsilver leaves me with about $55 left in credit, though I'll be honest that I was hoping the cashier would combine the 50% with the 25% preorder without noticing that they don't stack- such efforts were stopped in their tracks by the manager.
Wily fox.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Interesting news. Where did you hear it? :D[/QUOTE]

There was an article in Saturday's Wall Street Journal. My manager at work is a subscriber.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']But where's the free game in that?[/QUOTE]

You play it then trade it in.

I've done it with GS used games too often...

[quote name='Sexbomb']You play it then trade it in.

I've done it with GS used games too often...[/QUOTE]

Not really a free game, then, more like a rental.

@lightsend, I'm sorry to hear that. That was stupid of him to say "Yeah, it's free" after you asked him.

EDIT: I was looking through my Wii games and I'm a bit sad now. Have the box for Mario Kart Wii but I'm not sure where the software is. :wall: I think I traded it in last year sometime, now I could get over $27 for it at GS! :wall: :wall:

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Not really a free game, then, more like a rental.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you are right.

But how many games have you beat than never picked up again...

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']They can beat the TIVs plus 50% from the promo and another 10% from our EDGE cards? Let us know...[/QUOTE]

Lets see yep I think it is better My trades to Entertainmart from last 2 weeks:

Monsters vs Aliens 360- $20
Bolt 360- $8
Virtua Tennis 3 360- $6
Army of Two: 40th Day 360- $40
Dante's Inferno 360- $40
Ford Racing Wii- $8
Halo 3 360- $10

My onlly gripe is they are too far and very pickey if the game has lots of scratches they won't take it.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Not really a free game, then, more like a rental.[/QUOTE]

Hm yeah, maybe you thought I was referring to keeping it. I usually get all the enjoyment I can out of a game in a weeks time anyway, though. With my luck and the rapid drops in prices it'll probably drop down to $15 trade in or so, though, what with the price drop and all.

Anybody have any clue how much the Forza 3 Limited edition with keychain and pen drive would go for? I am thinking of trading it and L4D2 in tomorrow and was wondering if that would cover the whole purchase.

The whole purchase of what? Oh, and to answer the first part, they won't give you any more for a collector's edition, so check the database and see what the latest TIV for Forza 3 is. With those collector's editions being fairly valuable, you might want to just sell it online, or at least keep the packaging and just trade the disc into GS...:)

[quote name='sgaldis']or at least keep the packaging and just trade the disc into GS...:)[/QUOTE]

Why would anyone do this? I don't get it. I went into a GS and the whole fricking used section have about 10 original cases. Thats annoyed the hell out of me.

[quote name='Estebon']Why would anyone do this? I don't get it. I went into a GS and the whole fricking used section have about 10 original cases. Thats annoyed the hell out of me.[/QUOTE]

I do it to annoy the hell out of people like you.

[quote name='Estebon']Why would anyone do this? I don't get it. I went into a GS and the whole fricking used section have about 10 original cases. Thats annoyed the hell out of me.[/QUOTE]

he's talking about with a collectors edition... i cant think of why anyone WOULD trade a collectors edition packaging/steelbook/etc in when you get nothing extra for it.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']I do it to annoy the hell out of people like you.[/QUOTE]

Hard to argue with stupidity, so I'm not even going to bother.

Infinite, as far as it being a CE or whatever, whats the point in holding on to the case? Freebies like posters and codes, ok whatever, but the case?

sorry meant to say that I will be trading it towards Bad Company 2, also since you guys
stated that they wont be offering me anything extra for the LE I will just keep the sleeve
and everything for Forza. Also I looked it up on the database but nothing is listed, just forza 2.

Maybe I should reconsider and just trade MW2 and L4D2?

Well MS has recently replaced their cases for some of their games with ones with holes cut in them for recycling or to lower shipping costs. They're flimsy as hell. I could see someone wanting to keep ahold of the older more durable ones to replace the cases of any new games they get.

[quote name='Estebon']Hard to argue with stupidity, so I'm not even going to bother.

Infinite, as far as it being a CE or whatever, whats the point in holding on to the case? Freebies like posters and codes, ok whatever, but the case?[/QUOTE]

Dude, I was just giving you a hard time, sorry. I actually hold onto cases because I usually have a messy room, and it's easy for them to be stepped on, so extras never hurt. As for steelbooks and stuff, I am starting to try and collect them, so I'd still want them for that reason. I also figure that GS has plenty of extra cases, so what's the point in just giving them another, when I will most certainly use it someday.

Don't be the asshole giving them disc only games if you've got everything. You're the same one bitching about it being hard to find a complete copy.

Some of us actually do shop at Gamestop.

All, busting my balls huh. I can take it so it's not that big a deal.

Thats a valid point, but why not give them the cover art and manual. Thats what I do and I basically tell them, I need the case. They don't care.

As for the steelbook, I see no point in having a case with no game. To each their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back