GS Trade-in Values: Old Thread, Check First/Last Post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
THIS THREAD LOCKED, NEW ONE HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6952150

[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% Bonus On All Games Traded (3/17/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games and receive an extra 50% trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III (4/4/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III when trade 2 select Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games.

Click Here for details.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III only. Final Fantasy XIII releases 3/11/10, God of War III releases 3/16/10. Release date subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Price shown is net after trades. God of War III's and Final Fantasy XIII's regular retail price is $59.99. Net retail will differ for special editions. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 02/22/10 - 04/04/10..[/QUOTE]

Power Trades 25% (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games towards the pre-order or purchase of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell: Conviction: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption or Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver and receive an extra 25% Trade-in Credit!

Expires: 3/14/2010. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell Conviction, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption, Pokemon Heart Gold or Pokemon Soul Silver. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

Nintendo DSi XL Promo (Unsure End Date)
[quote name='vze21gwa']Gamestop is having a trade up offer for the Nintendo DSi XL, where you can get one for $99.99 if you trade in your DSi or $129.99 if you trade in your ds lite. Just thought to let you know cause it's not posted.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arkansas, California, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I took a risk with ordering Mass Effect 2 from gamestop.com. Now, this has probably been posted before, and if it has, please disregard. But if not...

I ordered ME2 from gamestop.com with CAG16, Edge, and SAVER- after tax, it came out to $41.xx, IIRC. And hopefully it'll show up within the next week, because...

What I ended up doing is buying Mass Effect 2 used at one Gamestop this afternoon, and driving five minutes to the other one to trade it in (making a nice ~34 cents after tax. XD) That way, I have a receipt to Gamestop that'll let me "return" the one I got from Gamestop's website (which I got for $41.xx) for $54.xx- netting a $13 profit. Sweet. :3

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']
What I ended up doing is buying Mass Effect 2 used at one Gamestop this afternoon, and driving five minutes to the other one to trade it in (making a nice ~34 cents after tax. XD) That way, I have a receipt to Gamestop that'll let me "return" the one I got from Gamestop's website (which I got for $41.xx) for $54.xx- netting a $13 profit. Sweet. :3[/QUOTE]

Thats if you get the game with in 7 days. Not a bad plan though. :)

[quote name='JJSP']Good luck. They generally don't ship over the weekend if it comes UPS Ground.[/QUOTE]

If it goes USPS, he'll at least have that Saturday for travel. Saver shipping normally does to California.

[quote name='advanced']Thats if you get the game with in 7 days. Not a bad plan though. :)[/QUOTE]
Well, I plan on rinsing and repeating as long as the TIV holds up. As in, go to the Gamestop I traded the game in at yesterday and re-buy it, then go to the Gamestop I previously bought it from and trade it in there today. I'll keep doing that to keep my receipt "renewed" until the TIV drops- then I'll just hope for the best. :p

[quote name='JJSP']Excellent way to get banned.[/QUOTE]
From the store, or CAG? I don't see what the big deal is. I mean, Gamestop ends up with the same two products regardless, and I'm getting the same credit that I would trading one game in and returning the other.

Does anyone know if you can trade in two systems towards one and get $60 in bonus credit? I doubt it but I am curious to see if anyone has tried it. I'm probably going to tomorrow.

Example: I've got three DS Lite's one has a broken hinge and the other two are fine. I am looking at trading in my two working DS Lite's for $150 (using the current value in the OP) towards a PS3.

Doing that would cut the cost of getting a PS3 in half. Has anyone tried something similar?

[quote name='PopSmith']Does anyone know if you can trade in two systems towards one and get $60 in bonus credit? I doubt it but I am curious to see if anyone has tried it. I'm probably going to tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
I don't see why not. Just ask the guys at your Gamestop if they wouldn't mind. If they won't, just say you're going to trade in one system towards it, go ahead and buy it, then return it for credit the next day and trade in another system on top of the accumulated credit. If they let you get by with it, good. If not, proceed with aforementioned plan.

Went back yesterday and traded a few more things in. Here's my base TIV's;

PSP:
PSP 1000 - 35
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles - 4
Silent Hill Origins - 5
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core - 4.75
God of War: Chains of Olympus - 5
Evil Dead (UMD) - 1

DS:
DS System (fat version) - 25
Dragon Ball Origins - 3
Pac Pix - 1

PS2:
GTA: Vice City - 2
Devil May Cry -1.25
Devil May Cry 2 - 1.50
Maximo: Ghosts to Glory - .80
Time Splitters - .75
XIII - .60

Gamecube:
Tony Hawk's Underground - 1.50

Wii:
Manhunt 2 - 4
Ghost Squad - 5.25

Xbox 360:
Standard A/V Cable - 2.75

So after promo's and everything I ended up with $182.36. I used most of it on a new DSi and added the rest to my edge card.

I told the guy that was ringing me up that I was surprised that they were taking it too. He told me that they still take most of them in, so you might want to try and take yours in. The only thing is it didin't get the 50% bonus so I ended up getting $1.10 for it with the edge card. Still can't complain since they actually took it.

[quote name='urmomlikesme']Wow how much was your total trade in credit after then bonus + edge?[/QUOTE]

Total was 159.23 after that batch
Took in 84.37 and 83.37 on other days this week.

Ended up with 326.97

Not too bad for 50 PS2 and Gamecube games chilling in my closet for the past 3 years.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Well, I plan on rinsing and repeating as long as the TIV holds up. As in, go to the Gamestop I traded the game in at yesterday and re-buy it, then go to the Gamestop I previously bought it from and trade it in there today. I'll keep doing that to keep my receipt "renewed" until the TIV drops- then I'll just hope for the best. :p[/QUOTE]

I won't be surprised if they blacklist you from doing that. I did similar things with returning games, and I had a DM actually call my home phone to let me know I couldn't return games anymore. Heck even one time I went to return something and it popped up on their computer that I was blacklisted from returning games.

[quote name='ducci101']I won't be surprised if they blacklist you from doing that. I did similar things with returning games, and I had a DM actually call my home phone to let me know I couldn't return games anymore. Heck even one time I went to return something and it popped up on their computer that I was blacklisted from returning games.[/QUOTE]

yea a friend of mine, who actually introduced me to CAG.com, recently told me he got banned from all BBV's and GS's in the Orlando, FL area...lol

[quote name='ducci101']I won't be surprised if they blacklist you from doing that. I did similar things with returning games, and I had a DM actually call my home phone to let me know I couldn't return games anymore. Heck even one time I went to return something and it popped up on their computer that I was blacklisted from returning games.[/QUOTE]

How can you get blocklisted from returning a game?? Heck I get so many defective games from gamestop that if they ever stop taking backed used game it would seriously doubt buying from them.

When buying a used game unless they fully test a game I can't see how they can't take it back.

[quote name='Denbo32']How can you get blocklisted from returning a game?? Heck I get so many defective games from gamestop that if they ever stop taking backed used game it would seriously doubt buying from them.

When buying a used game unless they fully test a game I can't see how they can't take it back.[/QUOTE]

It's not about returning a game.

It's about the practice of buying and returning the same game or sets of games over and over again for profit.
Gamestop is run by some really shrewd people, and sooner or later they will catch you.

[quote name='dragonjud']It's not about returning a game.

It's about the practice of buying and returning the same game or sets of games over and over again for profit.
Gamestop is run by some really shrewd people, and sooner or later they will catch you.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Don't judge gamestop by some of the clerks that work there, or even their managers and DMs. They have folks looking at the data all fucking day long. If there is a loophole, they will close it down. If you're flipping to GS, that's one thing. But buying from then flipping to GS? return/rebuy/whatever the fuck? This is why I didn't bother rebuying ME2 even though the clerks were joking about it with me.

Jackie - let us know when you get banned. Should be a good story.

[quote name='dragonjud']It's not about returning a game.

Gamestop is run by some really shrewd people, and sooner or later they will catch you.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. And fyi, when they blacklist you, it means they don't give a damn about your wack business and you can take it elsewhere. They'd rather not deal with you than to deal with you and your scheming ways.

In the end, you get what you deserve. What goes around comes around.

[quote name='outkastx']So what you're saying is if I have traded in 2 ME2s in already and I have 2 more from TRU that I shouldn't push my luck?[/QUOTE]

I've traded in 4 copies of a game before (not at the same time). Possibly more during random BBV sales. Shouldn't be a big deal if you space it. Maybe all your friends have ME2, finished it and you're the only one with an edge card so you're doing them a favor.

I'm saying if you buy ME2 with credit (edge card logged) then try to sell ME2 to them for profit (edge card logged), over and over, you might get banned. which I think is hilarious. To get banned from Gamestop to me would be shameful like using foodstamps to buy video games or something.

These are from 3/2 and are the base values, sorry if they are not really worthwhile at this point:

DS

Star Wars The Clone Wars: Jedi Alliance - $5
Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes - $4.25

Chromehounds - $1.25
Mass Effect - $10.75

PS2

God of War II - $5

GC

Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door - $5

[quote name='Yanksfan']These are from 3/2 and are the base values, sorry if they are not really worthwhile at this point:

DS

Star Wars The Clone Wars: Jedi Alliance - $5
Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes - $4.25

Chromehounds - $1.25
Mass Effect - $10.75

PS2

God of War II - $5

GC

Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door - $5[/QUOTE]

Everything is helpful, thanks Yanksfan.

Maybe all of you believe that the whole blacklisted thing could happen, but I seriously think you are misjudging the competence of GS. When Target had the $10 off two games, I bought so many copies of Bigs 2 and when BB had the free Fairy Tale Fights coupon I got like 12 copies there. I traded in all the stuff over the course of a single day to a few different shops. The only way I logically see getting "blacklisted" over this is if you happen to try and flip stuff to nearby stores that know of a way people can take advantage of their system and they call each other to do it. Their business can't even use simple logic with ME2 current TIV, I refuse to believe anybody is smart enough to look for flippers.

On topic now:

Traded in my DS Lite toward a DSi XL and yes an override was needed to get the $30 bump.

DS Lite - $45

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Maybe all of you believe that the whole blacklisted thing could happen, but I seriously think you are misjudging the competence of GS. When Target had the $10 off two games, I bought so many copies of Bigs 2 and when BB had the free Fairy Tale Fights coupon I got like 12 copies there. I traded in all the stuff over the course of a single day to a few different shops. The only way I logically see getting "blacklisted" over this is if you happen to try and flip stuff to nearby stores that know of a way people can take advantage of their system and they call each other to do it. Their business can't even use simple logic with ME2 current TIV, I refuse to believe anybody is smart enough to look for flippers.

On topic now:

Traded in my DS Lite toward a DSi XL and yes an override was needed to get the $30 bump.

DS Lite - $45[/QUOTE]

shrug.

considering people here have actually been blacklisted, it's not like it's some urban myth like pop rocks and soda.

[quote name='confoosious']shrug.

considering people here have actually been blacklisted, it's not like it's some urban myth like pop rocks and soda.[/QUOTE]

Was never arguing it was an urban myth, just saying I think its about as risky as driving 5mph over the speed limit, yeah you could get caught but I doubt anybody's really going to do anything about it.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Maybe all of you believe that the whole blacklisted thing could happen, but I seriously think you are misjudging the competence of GS. When Target had the $10 off two games, I bought so many copies of Bigs 2 and when BB had the free Fairy Tale Fights coupon I got like 12 copies there. I traded in all the stuff over the course of a single day to a few different shops. The only way I logically see getting "blacklisted" over this is if you happen to try and flip stuff to nearby stores that know of a way people can take advantage of their system and they call each other to do it. Their business can't even use simple logic with ME2 current TIV, I refuse to believe anybody is smart enough to look for flippers.

On topic now:

DS Lite - $45[/QUOTE]
I would not say the GS is not competent. They know their business very well actually. They do not have a system smart enough to blackball someone I dont think, and they could have better systems for sure, but they are very competent with their core business. They shut down the Star Wars Republic Heroes in one day. Even if a store here and there overrides it. That is the store, not GS's issue. The TIV for ME2 might have gone up because they really were lower on inventory for it. We think everyone is a CAG around here, but 99% of the world are just sheep. How else do you explain the massive debt issues and housing crisis we are in.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Was never arguing it was an urban myth, just saying I think its about as risky as driving 5mph over the speed limit, yeah you could get caught but I doubt anybody's really going to do anything about it.[/QUOTE]

The chances are slim you get banned. You'd have to be a huge retard. But most people above are talking about buying FROM GS to trade TO GS. That's increasing your odds of getting banned.

ME2 TIVs of $56 to me is one reason i rather not take the chance of getting banned from GS. Plus, like I said before, it'd be absolutely pathetic.

Do people anticipate that the trade in value of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will actually go up? I seem to recall a post claiming that the TIV is lower for the first week after release, but then generally rises. Or might that not be the case since they have the +50% deal going on?

[quote name='GuardianE']Do people anticipate that the trade in value of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will actually go up? I seem to recall a post claiming that the TIV is lower for the first week after release, but then generally rises. Or might that not be the case since they have the +50% deal going on?[/QUOTE]
No one anticipates it, but it was posted that the TIV can go up after release week. I think GS does this in case some early birds dont like it and want to dump the new release right away. Free savings for GS. But then if no one really does dump it, they increas the TIV in order to get some used copies in for the increased profit margin.

I bought 2 ME2's last week for 35 and traded them in at gs's for 55. I have over 400 gamestop credit. I'm friends with the manager's, employee's and their roommates/gf's. I would be uber pissed, as would they, if some computer or dm banned me because I took advantage of the system. Their business model is taking advantage of the system, so 99 out of 100 people they profit off of, if I know how to read and find a loophole like the starwars for god of war trade in that's just me knowing how to read cheapassgamer.com. I was pissed when gamestop cancelled all of my 36%off preorders a few weeks ago with that glitch, but that's the way the system works. They didn't ban me for trying. I could see them denying you a trade in or return but banning you seems extreme. I missed that tru glitch, but it's like tru banning you... it's their mistake and it's not wrong for us to find the cracks in their walls.

[quote name='Velo214']I bought 2 ME2's last week for 35 and traded them in at gs's for 55. I have over 400 gamestop credit. I'm friends with the manager's, employee's and their roommates/gf's. I would be uber pissed, as would they, if some computer or dm banned me because I took advantage of the system. Their business model is taking advantage of the system, so 99 out of 100 people they profit off of, if I know how to read and find a loophole like the starwars for god of war trade in that's just me knowing how to read cheapassgamer.com. I was pissed when gamestop cancelled all of my 36%off preorders a few weeks ago with that glitch, but that's the way the system works. They didn't ban me for trying. I could see them denying you a trade in or return but banning you seems extreme. I missed that tru glitch, but it's like tru banning you... it's their mistake and it's not wrong for us to find the cracks in their walls.[/QUOTE]
You are absolutely right my friend. If they make a mistake and correct it we should not be mad at them, just as they should not be mad at us for exploiting or trying to exploit a mistake. Anyway, if they ban someone, all they do is lose a possible customer. If they keep their systems working correctly, they wont ever need to worry about losing money on a sale.

[quote name='labrat34']oh boy.. just called GS and was quoted on the phone this base TiV -
Mass Effect 2 - $25[/QUOTE]

Thanks for checking, that's a drag. Who knows what crazy ass value it'll be tomorrow though!

confirmed above, I just took it in, crap. Oh well, I got it for 53 with a 10.00 off future order from Amazon, so 40 total with the promo and edge isn't bad. Missed it by a day though.

As for all the other talk here, can we take it somewhere else. This thread has always been about posting values, not who is getting banned, how to avoid it, etc.

Gamestop earns +5 Renegade for playing with the emotions of those trying to flip ME2. I gotta admit I kinda like it, makes for some great reading on these forums.

[quote name='TortillaSoup']I'm curious if ME2 dropped already. Report in, CAGs.[/QUOTE]
I just called. It's back down to $25. So it looks like I don't have to worry about the whole rinse/repeat thing, after all. :p

But I highly doubt I'd be banned from GS for buying and immediately trading in the same thing to them. I mean, like I said, the profit margin is only pocket change- if they didn't want people taking their precious nickels and dimes, they should have made better precautions against it (which it looks like now they have). Besides, people buy used games and trade them back in within the return period all the time. Being banned from a store for taking advantage of trade-in bonuses and/or used prices is ridiculous.

[quote name='Velo214']I bought 2 ME2's last week for 35 and traded them in at gs's for 55. I have over 400 gamestop credit. I'm friends with the manager's, employee's and their roommates/gf's. I would be uber pissed, as would they, if some computer or dm banned me because I took advantage of the system. Their business model is taking advantage of the system, so 99 out of 100 people they profit off of, if I know how to read and find a loophole like the starwars for god of war trade in that's just me knowing how to read cheapassgamer.com. I was pissed when gamestop cancelled all of my 36%off preorders a few weeks ago with that glitch, but that's the way the system works. They didn't ban me for trying. I could see them denying you a trade in or return but banning you seems extreme. I missed that tru glitch, but it's like tru banning you... it's their mistake and it's not wrong for us to find the cracks in their walls.[/QUOTE]

Also, this. You took the words right out of my mouth. I wish you had posted this before I started typing. >_>;

[quote name='confoosious']The chances are slim you get banned. You'd have to be a huge retard. But most people above are talking about buying FROM GS to trade TO GS. That's increasing your odds of getting banned.

ME2 TIVs of $56 to me is one reason i rather not take the chance of getting banned from GS. Plus, like I said before, it'd be absolutely pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It's one thing if you're buying stuff from another store and then slowly unloading them at GameStop. This is another story. One would definitely be increasing their chances of getting caught.

As far as the "competence" of GameStop goes, that's one thing I wouldn't doubt. People need to stop judging a company by the hourly employees they hire. If there is one thing GameStop knows, it's how to make money off the used game market. I've definitely seen a number of CAGs over the years say they got banned, so it happens. They are not going to let someone take them for a ride. That's their job.

Did some trade in for Sega Racing but I think I should've waited as it will be apart of the gamers day sale. Any way what happened with star Wars Republic Heroes?

[quote name='itz209']ps3 base tiv

Madden NFL 2010-$17
Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires-$8.50[/QUOTE]

Ouch.

Did you not want to use the $40 credit coupon in the ad for this week? I know it says you have to apply it toward Madden 11, but when I took it in a few days ago I ended up getting $41.70 in credit ($40 + $1.70 Edge) for it. Maybe I was lucky, but I did not even have to apply the amount toward Madden 11.

I ended up trading in L4D2 and Madden 10 and walked out with ~$28 more credit on my Edge card after getting MLB 10.

I'm thinking of trading in a few things. I normally shy away from this sort of thing due to their normally poor trade-in values. Normally, I'd rather just keep a game than get 5 dollars off of something for sacrificing a game I really loved. This is what I'm thinking of trading in with the goal to buy Battlefield: Bad Company 2. I'm aware that I won't get much for most of those and part of me dies a little thinking about trading 7 games (not counting the GoW games) to get one game, but I've beaten all of those or have no real desire to finish them and haven't touched them in about a year.

:360:Condemned 2: Bloodshot
:360:Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
:360:Fable 2
:360:Lost Odyssey
:360:Battlefield: Bad Company
:360:Crackdown
:360:The Darkness
:ps2:God of War
:ps2:God of War 2 (I just bought the Collection)

[quote name='mswierzb']I'm thinking of trading in a few things. I normally shy away from this sort of thing due to their normally poor trade-in values. Normally, I'd rather just keep a game than get 5 dollars off of something for sacrificing a game I really loved. This is what I'm thinking of trading in with the goal to buy Battlefield: Bad Company 2. I'm aware that I won't get much for most of those and part of me dies a little thinking about trading 7 games (not counting the GoW games) to get one game, but I've beaten all of those or have no real desire to finish them and haven't touched them in about a year.

:360:Condemned 2: Bloodshot
:360:Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
:360:Fable 2
:360:Lost Odyssey
:360:Battlefield: Bad Company
:360:Crackdown
:360:The Darkness
:ps2:God of War
:ps2:God of War 2 (I just bought the Collection)[/QUOTE]

The previous trade in deal (Get $50 for trading in 7 games) might have served you well. I'm not sure if some of those games would even qualify for the deal, since it requires a minimum TIV. I'd calculate it and see if it is even worth it..my guess is you'd get $30ish with the 50% (+10% with EDGE) extra, but that is just me making up numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back