GS Trade-in Values: Old Thread, Check First/Last Post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
THIS THREAD LOCKED, NEW ONE HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6952150

[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% Bonus On All Games Traded (3/17/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games and receive an extra 50% trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III (4/4/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III when trade 2 select Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games.

Click Here for details.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III only. Final Fantasy XIII releases 3/11/10, God of War III releases 3/16/10. Release date subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Price shown is net after trades. God of War III's and Final Fantasy XIII's regular retail price is $59.99. Net retail will differ for special editions. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 02/22/10 - 04/04/10..[/QUOTE]

Power Trades 25% (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games towards the pre-order or purchase of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell: Conviction: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption or Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver and receive an extra 25% Trade-in Credit!

Expires: 3/14/2010. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell Conviction, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption, Pokemon Heart Gold or Pokemon Soul Silver. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

Nintendo DSi XL Promo (Unsure End Date)
[quote name='vze21gwa']Gamestop is having a trade up offer for the Nintendo DSi XL, where you can get one for $99.99 if you trade in your DSi or $129.99 if you trade in your ds lite. Just thought to let you know cause it's not posted.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arkansas, California, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Her are a few base TIV's:

On 3/5/10

iconwii.gif
Wii Play 5.00
iconwii.gif
G.I. Joe: R.o.C. 6.75
I also asked about the DS version of G.I. Joe and was quoted $6.25

On 3/8/10

iconps3.gif
Bakugan 9.50
iconps3.gif
GH: Smash Hits 9.75
iconps3.gif
Midnight Club L.A. (regular version) 7.50

Bakugan and both G.I. Joe version should be new to the list

[quote name='k4lm4n']Anyone know if I would get the 30 dollar bonus per system traded in, or if I would only get it once?[/QUOTE]

Only one promo per transaction unless they override it. Nothing to say you can't do another transaction the next day or at a different store.

But if you're trying to trade in two systems at once to get $60 off a new system the computer won't allow it.

[quote name='180husher']Only one promo per transaction unless they override it. Nothing to say you can't do another transaction the next day or at a different store.

But if you're trying to trade in two systems at once to get $60 off a new system the computer won't allow it.[/QUOTE]

LAME. But thanks for the response :)

[quote name='Enclave Soldier']Got $15 for Scribblenauts. Since a sequel is coming out later this year, I didn't need it anymore. I put that money towards Alan Wake Collectors Edition :D[/QUOTE]
sweet $15 for scribblenauts? i forgot i even had that game bought it on a whim while listening to a podcast i had to have it and drove to walmart and bought it. man was i dissapointed. on a side note anyone know tiv of street fighter 4?

[quote name='kurrptsenate']$3.25 (360)[/QUOTE]
i got ps3 version but i'm sure it's the same thanks man think ill keep it or not on amazon it's 12.50 for ps3 and 3 for 360 might be something special.

[quote name='yokedog22']I find it funny people being critical of a trade in like BF BC 2 when I tried selling an extra sealed copy for 42 shipped and didn't even get a PM. So I traded it in to GS and still profitted(TRU glitch)[/QUOTE]

+1

People like to trash GS trading values, but they aren't actually interested in paying the amounts of money they claim they are willing to pay.

I think it's one of those after-the-fact things, like they get jealous of game stop being everywhere like star bucks and getting decent rates on newer games, but these people don't realize the money and time it takes to ship something and never pay the seller for shipping, which eats into your net gain from selling a game on here.

sweet thanks guys i will be able to fully pay off god of war 3 and put a good $10-15 on fifa. for some reason i have 2 copies of proffesor layton and the curious village to trade in which get about $25 a piece with this deal

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']lol, ya think?

Some people make me laugh. I would've gave $40 shipped for real though, I don't know who wouldn't give $25![/QUOTE]

i'm completely aware of that haha. I just didn't know if he used that coupon for the 25% extra on access. trade in. I just figured you couldnt mix and match that deal WITH the bonus 50%.

it doesn't bother me anyways...i am perfectly content with the BC2 i got for $12 hah

[quote name='dragonjud']All looks good, except for that 120GB HDD. I find it hard to believe you couldn't unload that for a higher value.[/QUOTE]

well the drive ends up being $48 after the 25% + EDGE. I checked ebay and the ones that *were* selling, were going for somewhere between $40 and $60. am i missing a different option? or maybe i was unlucky in my ebay-checking time...

[quote name='el swordo']talking about harddrives do you think the 120 will go below 66 bucks? or should i just get it on ebay now[/QUOTE]
That depends if it's a real hard drive and not a homemade bootleg.

ok, that's it. im done with gamestop.

went to trade-in games today for that two for 40 on ffxiii. was told that one of the games i had was not elligable. I had printed the list off that same morning... showed the clerk. he showed me a list of games that "HQ" had said were no longer able to take in trade per the offer. quoted me $6 on regular trade-in ($6 =/= $20 so i declined)

I asked why not just give me $15 for it and call it a day. He wouldn't. got home called the 800 number, csr said the game was indeed a viable trade-in for the promotion. I asked him if he wanted the store address that i had trouble in, he declined...

/rant off

and thanks for listening

[quote name='Diad']ok, that's it. im done with gamestop.

went to trade-in games today for that two for 40 on ffxiii. was told that one of the games i had was not elligable. I had printed the list off that same morning... showed the clerk. he showed me a list of games that "HQ" had said were no longer able to take in trade per the offer. quoted me $6 on regular trade-in ($6 =/= $20 so i declined)

I asked why not just give me $15 for it and call it a day. He wouldn't. got home called the 800 number, csr said the game was indeed a viable trade-in for the promotion. I asked him if he wanted the store address that i had trouble in, he declined...

/rant off

and thanks for listening[/QUOTE]

What game was it? I'm about to head out to GS for the same offer and I REALLY do not want to be turned down.

I am debating on trading in my 360 for a new one. I have a non HDMI launch day unit..... Hard to justify paying any money for another one when this one works

How much do you think they would give me for a non HDMI 360?

I plan on trading in Heavy Rain and MAG tomorrow for Yakuza 3 (said they won't have it till tomorrow). I just called Gamestop to see how much I could get for MAG. It is listed as 24 dollars on this site right now...updated 1 day ago but they told me different.

MAG - $18 at Gamestop

Which would be $27 with the bonus 50%. Tryin to get rid of games I'm not gonna play anymore before the 50% deal is over.

[quote name='suture']I am debating on trading in my 360 for a new one. I have a non HDMI launch day unit..... Hard to justify paying any money for another one when this one works

How much do you think they would give me for a non HDMI 360?[/QUOTE]
Same as any standard 360. Hard drive not included, a 360 with a wired controller gets you $70. $90 if it comes with a wireless one.

[quote name='Diad']ok, that's it. im done with gamestop.

/rant off

and thanks for listening[/QUOTE]

lol was it star wars the clone wars republic heroes by any chance?

Gathered up some clutter from the game closet and traded in:

Six-axis controller = $14.50

USB mini cable = $1.75/ .90 at another store?

360 Standard A/V cable = 2.75/2.50 at another store

360 VGA cable = 3.75

USB microphone = 3.50/3.25 at another store too

1 GB Pro Duo Memorystick = 2.00

HDMI cable = 5.75

360 charge cable = 3.25

I don't know why I got different values for two stores only 5 miles apart and 30 minutes between trades. The item codes match on the receipts.

Also traded in for FF xiii:

360 Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 = $10.75

Wii Naruto Shippuden 3 = 10.00

The Halo: ODST tiv seems abnormally high considering it wasn't anywhere near that much just a few days ago and that the new 360 bundle with ODST exists.

Can someone verify?

[quote name='plasmid123']The Halo: ODST tiv seems abnormally high considering it wasn't anywhere near that much just a few days ago and that the new 360 bundle with ODST exists.

Can someone verify?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to GS later this afternoon to trade some rechargeable batteries and check on their FFXIII 360 bundle stock. I'll make sure to check, and hopefully trade in if it is that high (Especially after getting ODST new for $20 way back)!

All base values from today (3/9):

:360:
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood: $10.00
Battlefield: Bad Company 2: $25.00
Wired Headset: $6.25
Chatpad: $6.00
HDMI Cable: $5.75

:ps3:
Power Cord: $0.65

:wii:
Racing Wheel: $2.50

:ps2:
Onimusha 2: $0.70
Legend of Spyro: Eternal Night: $2.50
GTA San Andreas: $5.00
Power Rangers Dino Thunder!!!: $0.85
GTA Vice City: $2.00
GTA 3: $1.50

[quote name='helmet']I'm going to GS later this afternoon to trade some rechargeable batteries and check on their FFXIII 360 bundle stock. I'll make sure to check, and hopefully trade in if it is that high![/QUOTE]

Much appreciated, bro. Going in to acquire FFXIII too. As much as I'd like to be included into the Halo Reach beta, I'd rather take the good TIV while I still can.

[quote name='plasmid123']The Halo: ODST tiv seems abnormally high considering it wasn't anywhere near that much just a few days ago and that the new 360 bundle with ODST exists.

Can someone verify?[/QUOTE]

More than likely it's still holding because of the Reach beta coming soon. It's starting to get hyped quite a bit so I guess the game is still in demand.

Hey I just went to pick up ff 13 which I preordered and had fully paid by credit beforehand. The employee checking me tried to charge me tax for the game and I am I. Texas and have never had to pay tax with credit. Told him to refund the order and then I will rebuy and that way it didn't charge me tax. Anybody else have a similar experience?

[quote name='ttonylema']Hey I just went to pick up ff 13 which I preordered and had fully paid by credit beforehand. The employee checking me tried to charge me tax for the game and I am I. Texas and have never had to pay tax with credit. Told him to refund the order and then I will rebuy and that way it didn't charge me tax. Anybody else have a similar experience?[/QUOTE]

Happened to me in NY, but the guy remembered me and said if I paid in store credit because he remembered when I traded in ME2 to pay for it. He didn't make me pay the tax, but said something like damn I'm going to be short because of this.

So it might be something in the system that made it happen that way.

Base trade in values from today (all games for Wii):

Wii console: $100
GBA SP: $10
Wii Sports: $5
LoZ Twilight Princess: $9.25
Red Steel: $3
Super Mario Galaxy: $15
Super Smash Bros Brawl: $15

Total after bonus + edge: $185.59. Although the receipt said GBA SP, I actually traded in the original GBA. Either the girl cut me some slack because we were chatting for a bit or she just didn't notice.

Trade-ins from today, all 360, pre-bonuses:

Xbox 360 wireless controller: 14
Wireless headset: 6.25
Fallout 3: 6
Ghostbusters: 5.75
Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars: 2
Dead Rising: 4
Street Fighter IV: 3.25

Last edited by a moderator:
Trade-in values today, PSP 2000 and DS Lite:

PSP 2000 : $65.00 + $30.00 promo = $95.00
DS Lite : $45.00 + $30.00 promo = $75.00

throw in $1.59 for soft cases for each and my total trade-in was $171.59 which I put towards a DSi XL. Not too shabby based on what I've seen both of these go for on Ebay recently.

[quote name='CaptPete']Well, I didn't quite believe it...

Halo 3: ODST: $24.75

So, after 50% + edge it came to a very strange, but very welcome $39.61.[/QUOTE]

It's because of the Reach beta most likely.

[quote name='dg7md']Dead Rising: 4
Street Fighter IV: 3.25[/QUOTE]
How in the world does Dead Rising bring in more than SFIV? Yeah, DR2 is coming, but so is SSFIV. Not to mention, DR is much older than SFIV.

Really baffling.

[quote name='CaptPete']Well, I didn't quite believe it...

Halo 3: ODST: $24.75

So, after 50% + edge it came to a very strange, but very welcome $39.61.[/QUOTE]

Wow, time to trade in ODST.

Today's Trade-Ins:

Eternal Darkness (Cube) - 4.00
Radiata Stories (PS2) - 2.00
Army of Two (PS3) - 5.00

Xbox 360 Wired Controller (Microsoft brand) - 10.00
Xbox 360 Microphone - 3.25

[quote name='Tsukento']How in the world does Dead Rising bring in more than SFIV? Yeah, DR2 is coming, but so is SSFIV. Not to mention, DR is much older than SFIV.

Really baffling.[/QUOTE]

My guess is because they know so many people will trade in their original SFIV's to upgrade to the new one since owning both doesn't seem to really make any sense aside from collecting.

[quote name='demonchylde']Trade-in values today, PSP 2000 and DS Lite:

PSP 2000 : $65.00 + $30.00 promo = $95.00
DS Lite : $45.00 + $30.00 promo = $75.00

throw in $1.59 for soft cases for each and my total trade-in was $171.59 which I put towards a DSi XL. Not too shabby based on what I've seen both of these go for on Ebay recently.[/QUOTE]

They gave you the 30 dollars on both of them? Weird, thought they wouldn't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back