GTA IV 360 & PS3 $14.99 used @ BlockBuster (plus B1G1 free on $14.99 and under)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitedeath

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
with the buy one get one free deal going on. might be a time for anyone who did not play this to pick it up

sorry in advance if posted

she works at the BB in old Forge, pa

she said it was just marked down today

-----------------------------------------

Edit by Io...

Update 12/28 - Mass Effect is now also $14.99 at BBV, making it eligible for the B1G1!

This deal has been discussed at great length in the Blockbuster thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207038

But since GTA IV for $14.99 (used) is such a great deal we'll keep this second thread around to highlight that part of the sale for CAGs who may normally avoid the BBV thread. Note that all used games $14.99 and under are Buy 1 Get 1 Free at Blockbuster right now, so, really, GTA IV is only $7.50 if you can pair it up with another $14.99 game. Please continue general discussion of the B1G1 sale in the Blockbuster thread and only post about GTA IV in this thread.

Some details that may answer a few questions though:

1) EVERY Blockbuster in the U.S. with the exception of franchise stores should have the $14.99 pricing for both the 360 and PS3 version and should also have the B1G1 sale running. Both are [highlight]automatic[/highlight] so no matter what you are told by the store employees you will get the deal (unless they override it manually). The price drop just happened so many stores will still have them tagged $24.99 or $29.99. TRUST in CAG and you will get your cheap GTA IV ;).

2) For the most part, these were former rental copies and thus just about every Blockbuster should be overflowing with this game, particularly for the 360. When buying a copy make sure to ask to look at a few discs so you get a good one. Chances are they had a few copies that never got rented at all and are still mint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome deal I hope when I go tomorrow pick one up, even though I have it for 360 might be worth getting it for my bro or my ps3.

[quote name='david12795']Did anybody get a complete copy of GTA IV for ps3? I got the crappy rental box while the 360 were mint and complete[/quote]

I've got a few in "display case" :roll:

[quote name='bigwoof']shame its been snowing here for the past two days. hopefully the weather clears up by tomorrow cause gta4 for $8 is a steal[/quote]

I hear you woof. Been snowing for days and the snow is turning into ice. hope this deal will last for awhile.

[quote name='js097']got it for $14.99 - cashier claimed there was no b1g1 in effect. Still happy - great game with manual and map.[/quote]

Is this a regular corporate store, or one of those weird franchise ones? If it's a normal one, don't listen to the the CSR's...some of them have mashed potatoes between their ears. As mentioned in the main BBV thread, just go pick up 2 $14.99 games, have them ring them up, THEN total the transaction up. It's at this last crucial step that the computer automatically makes the deductions...don't leave it up to some uninformed CSR to ruin this great deal for you. Worst case scenario: you are at one of the weird BBV's and the free game is not deducted...that's when you suddenly realize you don't have your wallet, and head back to the car (straight to the next BBV).;)

[quote name='majinvegeta-88']The guy at blockbuster told me the B1G1 promo ended today.[/quote]

I didn't realize that. Glad I got in when I did. Might be because they're getting ready for the B2G2 free deal next.

Wow, this is great. :) All of my local stores are franchise stores, so I always ignore the BB deal threads (and cry a little inside). Tonight tho, I was at my local BB trading in my dvds when I overheard one of the employees talking to another customer. She was explaining to the customer that all of the stores in my town are franchise stores, then she goes "...but the one up in Prattville is not." I really perked up at that - that's about a 20-30 min ride for me. I mentioned it to my wife, and she said she was up for a drive so we headed up there.

Ended up w/ a like-new copy of GTA IV & Transformers (always been curious about that one, so why not for free :) ) and more importantly, the knowledge that I have a "real" BB within driving distance.

[quote name='argyle']Wow, this is great. :) All of my local stores are franchise stores, so I always ignore the BB deal threads (and cry a little inside). Tonight tho, I was at my local BB trading in my dvds when I overheard one of the employees talking to another customer. She was explaining to the customer that all of the stores in my town are franchise stores, then she goes "...but the one up in Prattville is not." I really perked up at that - that's about a 20-30 min ride for me. I mentioned it to my wife, and she said she was up for a drive so we headed up there.

Ended up w/ a like-new copy of GTA IV & Transformers (always been curious about that one, so why not for free :) ) and more importantly, the knowledge that I have a "real" BB within driving distance.[/quote]

Good 4 U! I'm happy you got in on the deal. I would have loved to get Transformers. Wonder how it worked out to get so many franchise BB's in your area? That's kinda odd. Here in Denver, every BB store I went to had the sale, and they're all within 3 miles of each other.

was able to pick up a good copy of gtaiv for the ps3, along with bully for the wii. got my friend's 30% employee discount too, so i ended up paying < $12 for both of em!

[quote name='argyle']Wow, this is great. :) All of my local stores are franchise stores, so I always ignore the BB deal threads (and cry a little inside). Tonight tho, I was at my local BB trading in my dvds when I overheard one of the employees talking to another customer. She was explaining to the customer that all of the stores in my town are franchise stores, then she goes "...but the one up in Prattville is not." I really perked up at that - that's about a 20-30 min ride for me. I mentioned it to my wife, and she said she was up for a drive so we headed up there.

Ended up w/ a like-new copy of GTA IV & Transformers (always been curious about that one, so why not for free :) ) and more importantly, the knowledge that I have a "real" BB within driving distance.[/quote]

I've been told by numerous employees that while they DO take DVD trades, they don't give much. Hell, I've been informed to take them elsewhere when I was thinking of dumping some DVD's of mine off on them before. How much did you get per DVD?

As for Transformers though, it has elements of a free roaming sandbox game, with elements of a game like Mercenaries, where the game world is somewhat destructible.

What gets me though, is that the largest of objects seem to pinball with the greatest of ease. It's a good game to mess around in, but don't expect it to be some ground breaking/earth shattering experience.

It was still on last night. I hit up 4 blockbusters to check out what they had available. I think it is still on today, but don't know for sure.

WOW!

i bought 8 more gifts for cousins last night. good thing i was done last night! whew!

i got a copy of GTA4 with manuals
i bought 4 more gifts for myself lolz (lost via domus, dark sector, wii sega superstars, ridge racer 7)

also, i dont know if this is the place for it but IS THERE A SECTION IN THESE FORUMS WHERE WE CAN REQUEST PS3 COVER ARTS SCANS??? lost via domus did NOT come with one.

anybody found a copy of gt4 in las vegas
the one near me is all for rental

Yes, bought two GTA IVs (360) today, one disc has no scratches whatsoever, the other has some scratching. The guy had to go in back to get the manuals+maps, unfortunately I got two PS3 maps because they had no more 360 ones. Note: Price was marked as $24.99, but rang up as $14.99. The A-hole employee I spoke to first almost did not want to check it.

Went this morning and picked up GTA4 for the 360 and got Frontlines Fuel of War for free. They really didn't have much, as well as me grabbing the last GTA. Its a very busy BB, and the guy said people were grabbing at the b1g1 all weekend.

Guess I got lucky!

Got in on the deal here in gainesville, VA. There was about 10 for 360 and about 4-5 for PS3. Picked up GTA and NBA Ballers(pickings were slim when it came to $15 and under games). I had been looking to get GTA around the time the DLC was coming out. Great timing. Thanks BBV. :)

[quote name='dallow']But he writes in his post that he loved playing them both.... :roll:

:cool:[/quote]

A tad misleading, don'tcha think?

[quote name='mrn111']A tad misleading, don'tcha think?[/quote]
Better contact the BBB.

Though perhaps he rented them multiple times. :)

[quote name='dallow']But he writes in his post that he loved playing them both.... :roll:

:cool:[/quote]

I think he's just trying to play ppl on CL.

the PS3 plastic covers aren't usually kind to the BBV labels, the 360 ones peel off really nicely.

[quote name='100xp']I think he's just trying to play ppl on CL.

the PS3 plastic covers aren't usually kind to the BBV labels, the 360 ones peel off really nicely.[/quote]Of course he is, I was being sarcastic.

[/quote]

I can understand GTA4, but Turok?

He's a horrible liar.

Grabbed a GTA4 for flip bait and a :wii: Godfather: Blackhand Edition. I'd been looking for that ever since the first mention of it as a TRU clearance. Missed it there and @ Kmart. Getting it for essentially free was a litteral no-brainer.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I've been told by numerous employees that while they DO take DVD trades, they don't give much. Hell, I've been informed to take them elsewhere when I was thinking of dumping some DVD's of mine off on them before. How much did you get per DVD?

As for Transformers though, it has elements of a free roaming sandbox game, with elements of a game like Mercenaries, where the game world is somewhat destructible.

What gets me though, is that the largest of objects seem to pinball with the greatest of ease. It's a good game to mess around in, but don't expect it to be some ground breaking/earth shattering experience.[/QUOTE]

Not expecting much from Transformers, that's why I've waited this long to get it. ;) For this price, I won't really be able to complain no matter how it turns out.

As for the trading, my local stores - the franchise ones - have a $4 minimum trade-in credit deal. It has to be movies they accept, so they sometimes turn me down on movies they have too many of, or sometimes random ones (I traded in an entire anime set last night, and they wouldn't take one of the middle volumes...). Now that I know what I do about the other store, I'm going to start trading in movies locally & getting them to put the credit on a gift card, then use the credit at the other store. :)

Grabbed a GTA4 for the ps3 and and Unreal tournament for the ps3 16 bucks out the door. Glad this was not buried in the BB thread. I never look there.

I am trying to look for GTA4 and Orange Box at Blockbuster in the Bay Area pennisula. I went to the one in Palo Alto on El Camino with no luck and the one in Mountain View near El Monte with GTA4 still selling $24.99 and no Orange Box.

Can any Bay Area CAGs help a fellow CAG?

My copy of Full Auto 2 PSP didn't work, so I took it back, and was able to put the $10 refund toward a $25 copy of Bad Company PS3, basically getting Patapon (the other game I bought with Full Auto) for free.

During the exchange, the clerk told me that the PS3 game should work better since the disk was in good condition, but be careful cause "Blu-Rays scratch easy, since the disk is thinner because they have to stretch it out, to add so much data" :rofl:

Took this to my advantage, went out and bought NBA Street Homecourt and Grand Theft Auto IV. what a steal!

I live in Vancouver, WA and we had about 20+ copies of GTA marked at $14.99 at my nearest blockbuster. They were also selling Guns of Patriots for $34.99, I almost bought it.

[quote name='Stingermck']During the exchange, the clerk told me that the PS3 game should work better since the disk was in good condition, but be careful cause "Blu-Rays scratch easy, since the disk is thinner because they have to stretch it out, to add so much data" :rofl:[/quote]

:lol:

Hmm weird. This employee gave me 4 of these this for free when I bought another copy of GTA today

2476508659_92d07a1297.jpg

Got this for myself and got my friend :wii: No More Heroes for a gift~!
The nearest BB had at least 2 360 versions and 9 PS3 versions left!

The people who are seeing GTA IV for $24.99, are you requesting a price check? The price on mine was marked at $24.99, but rang up as $14.99. They may not want to do it initially, but press them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back