GTA IV Lost and the Damned DLC - Are you buying it? - POLL

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Just got 100%. :D You get the Innovation bike for getting all 50 seagulls.[/quote]

So can you tell me what is needed for 100%?

Are the seagulls like the pigeons or do you just shoot random seagulls out of the air?

[quote name='The 7th Number']So can you tell me what is needed for 100%?

Are the seagulls like the pigeons or do you just shoot random seagulls out of the air?[/quote]

They glow orange and sit in one spot just like pigeons. For 100% I assume it's just like the normal story. Win all the bike races, gang wars, 100% liked by surviving friends, beat all surviving friends at least once in each activity (including the new games liek arm wrestling), all jobs, random character missions, most wanted (if there are any new ones).

I wish this didnt require GTA4 to run :/ :(. Going to trade in LBP, CvsS2 and Power Pro 2008 to grab a copy of GTA4 and the download code for this later tonight.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I wish this didnt require GTA4 to run :/ :(. Going to trade in LBP, CvsS2 and Power Pro 2008 to grab a copy of GTA4 and the download code for this later tonight.[/quote]
It's only fifteen dollars used if you can find it at blockbuster.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I live in hillbilly deluxe, so Blockbuster has never stepped foot up here :([/quote]

Check out ebay then, a short browse looks like its selling on average of 20 bucks.:D

I just gotta say that the credits sequence at the end was very cool, props Rockstar, and the whole add on was like a new game really. Had a best of moments for the credits and I watched it all the way to the end with Niko, Roman and Johny related awesomeness.

[quote name='Spybreak8']I just gotta say that the credits sequence at the end was very cool, props Rockstar, and the whole add on was like a new game really. Had a best of moments for the credits and I watched it all the way to the end with Niko, Roman and Johny related awesomeness.[/quote]

Yeah those were kick ass credits. Makes me wish in some way, i could watch GTA IV story in a similar fashion, like a movie.

I Wonder how this is selling. Have 85 or so people on my friends list and only seen a couple people playing.

So I got to the "nude scene" and I'm thinking what's the big deal about this? Then it happened, hahahaha boy was I surprised. Looks like a big peanut.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Yeah those were kick ass credits. Makes me wish in some way, i could watch GTA IV story in a similar fashion, like a movie.[/quote]

Yea lol I really liked the helicopter perspective in some it reminded me of the 2d GTA days and I got a sense of nostalgia.:applause:

After the first mission I was thinking that I liked the vibe and it felt weird "seeing" the city not though the eyes of Niko. The city seemed so fresh (though that's likely b/c I havent really played GTA4 since like June). What I really hated though was the "grainy" film they threw over the whole game. Luckily, I found that you could turn the "noise" off.

Playing these first few missions reminded me of why I liked the game so much in the first place. The gunfights always feel like if you do things right, you can make your life easier. It never feels like you're horribly out gunned. You just have to take your time in some spots and then pick your spot to Run Like Hell (tm).

I'm just wondering if around Christmas they are going to announce an "Angels of Death" pack.

The city seemed fresh i think because it started us in an area that we really didnt go to in the main story. So when i played it seems like a new place in some ways.

Yea I def didn't hang out in Alderney a lot either and it felt different helped by cruising around in a biker gang lol. People complain about the auto aim but a quick flip of the right stick and you can target a number of people injuring most and then reloading untouched. The gang wars are a good example of this and it's nice to finally have people backing you up for a change. Combat is cooler x2 with that auto shottie. ^^

I'm enjoying the dialog and relationships between the gang member so far. I'm about three hours in, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the story arch progresses.

It seems like Billy has a Robert De Niro vibe to his character, which I appreciate.

I think there's some new visual filters to the city also. At one point the city was all grey and black, not like when you die, but like saturated to the point where the blacks stood out but everything else was very...greyish but still had color, if that makes sense. Was awesome.

Plus I think they tweaked some of the lighting.

If you guys like the motorcycle gang culture you might want to check out a cool drama that aired on FX called Sons of Anarchy. I've started watching it and it's very reminiscent of lost and damned. Check it.

[quote name='sotc1988']If you guys like the motorcycle gang culture you might want to check out a cool drama that aired on FX called Sons of Anarchy. I've started watching it and it's very reminiscent of lost and damned. Check it.[/QUOTE]

+1 awesome show and yes it really reminds me of the lost and damned...

I've only played about one hour, not because it's bad just I haven't really been playing any games really. It seems pretty good though. I love at the start where you and the gang are driving around where you see Niko bumping into someone on the streets and he says something to the guy.

I think this was a solid purchase. It added more replay value to GTA if you ask me. The bikes handle great and the new online modes are even better. Chopper vs. Chopper is my fav.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I think there's some new visual filters to the city also. At one point the city was all grey and black, not like when you die, but like saturated to the point where the blacks stood out but everything else was very...greyish but still had color, if that makes sense. Was awesome.

Plus I think they tweaked some of the lighting.[/quote]

There's actually a new grain overlay filter that's turned on by default. You can turn it off in the options menu.

No it's not just the grain effect, I have seen this new lighting effect, L&D is much yellow-er lol as it ties the mood they want to accompany the story setting. Its a nice touch.

[quote name='Spybreak8']No it's not just the grain effect, I have seen this new lighting effect, L&D is much yellow-er lol as it ties the mood they want to accompany the story setting. Its a nice touch.[/quote]

Yeah it almost reminded me of San Andreas when i first started to play.

[quote name='ivanctorres']Worth the 1600 points?

This is as good a reason as ever for me to go back to GTA.[/quote]

It has the same mission to price ratio as the original, so it is up to you.

$20/23ish missions
$60/64ish missions

it supposedly "eclipsed" the previous XBLA download record.. so it's probably worth it to the majority of the people even at $20.00

bread's done
Back