GTA4 best EVER? Not so fast...

rvdrock

CAGiversary!
Its looking more and more like Ocarina of Time will recapture the crown according to Gamerankings.com, now what I want to know is who is happy that GTA4 will NOT be the best game ever ratings wise? Or do you even care?

That's because there's a consortium of dorks who whip up positive reviews for Zelda/negative reviews for the challenger whenever this happens.

Never underestimate the power of fanboys
2zisdc1.gif

[quote name='rvdrock']Agreed, but most people were concerned it was going to be rated as best ever...[/QUOTE]

Those people need a better use for their time then.

[quote name='rvdrock']Its looking more and more like Ocarina of Time will recapture the crown according to Gamerankings.com, now what I want to know is who is happy that GTA4 will NOT be the best game ever ratings wise? Or do you even care?[/quote]

GTA4 is some of the best games of all time. imo ocarina of time was very overated, not even in my top 10 for that generation.

I don't care which game is number one. Neither game is the best ever in my opinion but that doesn't change the fact that they are both great games. That should matter much more than a ranking system.

Couldn't care less about other people's opinions on games, much less what's top on aggregate review sites.

I just like to play games that I have fun with, no need to take it more seriously and care what other's think.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Uh, we have a GTA4 thread...[/quote]

Bullshit. Where?

I don't like reviews and I think scores are for people who don't want to read a review. Scores are dumb.

GTAIV was great at first... but the more I play, the more tedious this game feels. I'd sick of trying to keep all of my relationships up and wondering why I'm making all of this money when all I can buy are burgers and clothes.

I agree it's pointless though. Everyone has their own favorite games.

The friends are needy jerks IMO. I say they should work on your schedule, not you work on theirs. Oh, and they're pretty much pointless since I can play non-friends at activities.

It's a great game, especially the story, but for those who don't finish it will feel really let down.

Who gives a fuck? I could care fucking less what game is considered "the best ever" on a website. If I like a game, and I think it's the best game ever that is all that fucking matters. I don't let people/websites/ect try to tell me what game is "great" or "teh best game ever" I form my own opinion on games. In the end your opinion is the only one that matters, because it's your money that you're spending, and you're the only one playing the game.

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']Who gives a fuck? I could care fucking less what game is considered "the best ever" on a website. If I like a game, and I think it's the best game ever that is all that fucking matters. I don't let people/websites/ect try to tell me what game is "great" or "teh best game ever" I form my own opinion on games. In the end your opinion is the only one that matters, because it's your money that you're spending, and you're the only one playing the game.[/quote]
Couldn't have said it better myself.

There have been several games that I enjoyed much more than Ocarina of Time or GTA IV. If I enjoyed another game more, what does it matter what other people think? I also don't like plain milk but I really like soy milk, but I'm probably in the minority there. Would I get up in arms if BeverageCritic.com listed milk as being the most popular beverage of all time and soy milk is only average?

I know a lot of people liked OoT. But I probably got more enjoyment out of Super Smash Bros. (all versions), Call Of Duty 4, Gran Turismo 4, Fallout 2, TIE Fighter, and even Need For Speed Most Wanted. These games all have flaws (guess what, OoT does too), and I can accept that OoT is more of a traditionally "good" game than some of the above, but it doesn't matter one iota because I just didn't really like it that much.

A game review is what one other person thinks of a particular game. Metacritic is a reflection of what only a few dozen people, at most, think of a game. Why does it matter which one scores higher? They're both recognized as being excellent games, and people should just leave it at that. In the end, all that matters is whether you, personally, consider the game worth playing.

I just want to know why Game Rankings feels it's good to list every game for every system seperately. Seriously, that's what bothers me.

1.) EarthBound
2.) GTA IV
3.) Resident Evil 4
4.) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

:cool:

[quote name='KingBroly']I just want to know why Game Rankings feels it's good to list every game for every system seperately. Seriously, that's what bothers me.[/QUOTE]

Because there can be pretty damned huge differences between the different versions. Case in point: The Orange Box.

[quote name='daroga']GTA4 is good. OoT was good.

Neither is remotely close to the best game ever.[/QUOTE]
You're right; no game comes close to EarthBound. :cool:

In no particular order the best games list should always include:

GTA III
GTA IV
Super Mario 64
Resident Evil 4
Ocarina of Time

Honestly comparing a game now to one from the N64 is pretty stupid. GTA4 is a fun game, one of the best for the 360/Ps3. Can't it just be left at that?

GTA 4 Is Good But Its Too Repetative of a Series and Honestly is getting Boring... Zelda: Ocarina of Time,FF7,FF10, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound,Metal Gear Solid Series, and Socom 2... Those Are The Best Games

Jesus guys, my bad for posting this, I just remember when Mario Galaxy was close, it was kind of a big deal, so I asked if anyone cared, and you guys just thread crapped all over it...

GTA IV is what Soul Calibur was to the dreamcast. Evolutionary and spectacular. It's the most virtual game to date. AI, Physics, graphics. I live in NY and it feels like I'm going outside of my house and talking to drug dealers and prissy bitches on the street. I love it. I'd give GTA IV a 20 out of 10 if I could. That being said, my problems are basically, 1) why do you need all this money? I spend it all on cabs, and the 2) story, which everyone else praises, is pretty stupid. I feel like I'm in a bad episode of Sopranos. The object of Niko's pathos turns anti-climactic once you've confronted him. I feel like the plot was derived with a contrivance of putting all these ingredients together and just connecting the dots but without any serious substance making it hollow and extremely disjointed.

[quote name='sparklecopy'] the 2) story, which everyone else praises, is pretty stupid. I feel like I'm in a bad episode of Sopranos. The object of Niko's pathos turns anti-climactic once you've confronted him. I feel like the plot was derived with a contrivance of putting all these ingredients together and just connecting the dots but without any serious substance making it hollow and extremely disjointed.[/QUOTE]

I agree. The reviewers once again showed their inability to perceive anything in the face of hype.
Niko visibly losing his humanity as he does more missions? Bullshit. I'm 40% through, just robbed a bank and he's still all "pay me and I'll do anything." Sure, he's pissed his cousin lured him to the U.S., but he was pissed the second he got off the boat. and Oscar worthy story? hahahahahaha.

The voice acting and writing is all pretty top notch, but the reviewers let that blind them it seems. Either that or they don't know what a story is supposed to look like.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']super mario world and super mario 3 are the best games ever
you people are crazy![/quote]This is true. At least the Mario 3 part.

The best game is Super Mario Bros. 3.

It's just a fact, people. Now whether it's your favorite game is up to you!

It's my favorite game for sure though.

Super Metroid is my all time fave. I don't get into saying what's "best" as that's just elitist "my opinion's better than yours" nonsense.

It's pretty amazing to me how sucked into hype these outlets can be.

And zew? Stop that. SotC is already calling me to ignore new games and replay it. ;)

I gotta admit, Shadow of the Colossus is pretty damn amazing. I don't think the reviews really gave you a sense of how amazing exactly, it's more than just a good sequel to an underhyped game IMO. I think sometimes we praise games based on complexity, but simplicity isn't a bad thing either, and that's really why I thought SotC excelled. It got rid of all the unneeded fluff we see in games, and just gave you a very natural and exhilarating experience.

The best game ever is Ninja Gaiden Black.

/not an opinion, science fact

/thread

/backslash is all powerful

//

Haven't read any of the replies. All I have to say is that games to me are based into three groups, good, average, and horrible. Anyone can be a critic and say "oh well GTA IV is only a 9.4 compared to OoT's 9.5." It's apples and oranges, if the game is good, the game is good. Saying that one game is only 9.7 good compared to another game's 9.8 is just grasping at straws and need to stop taking video games so damn seriously.

bread's done
Back