GTA4 vs Saints 2

crzyjoeguy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
123 (100%)
ok i just finally beat saints row 2. i have to say i think that saints row 2 was much much better than gta4. i liked gta4 when it first came out, but after playing saints 2 i find it hard to play gta4 for more then 10 minutes before i get bored and turn it off. anyway i was just woundering what game you guys liked better.
EDIT: please do not vote if you have only played one of the games

Last edited by a moderator:
Saints Row 2 by far because it remember that it was a video game and not a movie, so it included things like fun.

I mean GTAIV was a decent game.....but just barely.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Saints Row 2 by far because it remember that it was a video game and not a movie, so it included things like fun.

I mean GTAIV was a decent game.....but just barely.[/quote]
:applause:

you need an option if you liked them both about the same.

i enjoyed the more realistic approach to the story and characters of GTAIV. plus if you wanted to just screw around and plow through pedestrians with a bus in time square you could.

saints row 2 was off the wall crazy. stealing nuclear waste to taint some guys tattoo ink with? taking part in a cops rip off where the camera guy tells you to blow up skateboarders?

GTA IV.

Saints Row 2 was fun, but it's legitimately one of the corniest things I've ever seen.

[quote name='odintal']you need an option if you liked them both about the same.

i enjoyed the more realistic approach to the story and characters of GTAIV. plus if you wanted to just screw around and plow through pedestrians with a bus in time square you could.

saints row 2 was off the wall crazy. stealing nuclear waste to taint some guys tattoo ink with? taking part in a cops rip off where the camera guy tells you to blow up skateboarders?[/quote]

is there a way to edit it? i actually said that after i posted it, but said o-well, lol

[quote name='Brak']GTA IV.

Saints Row 2 was fun, but it's legitimately one of the corniest things I've ever seen.[/quote]I feel the same way.

I have to go with SR2.
The comparison reminds me of the one between Iron Man and the Dark Knight. Iron Man was meant to be fun and not to take itself too seriously. While the Dark Knight was meant to be a dramatic telling of a comic book hero. I liked both but in different ways.

Coming back to SR2/GTA4, I liked both (and finished both) but both being video games I would have to go with the one that was trying to be fun and that was SR2. IMHO

As much as I love or loved GTA IV, overall, I'd have to pick SR2.

No doubt, GTA had the better story, graphics, realism, and the list goes on and on.

However, I find SR2 to end up being more fun. It may not have the best story, but the character creation is like that out of a WWE game (which is usually extensive), and over-all the gameplay mechanics are just more fun. You can do so much more in SR2, than in GTA.

No doubt, GTA has the better systems, and pretty much everything else, but SR2 still comes off as the game that is more fun to play (plus, it also has full-game online co-op, which already makes it win in my book), while GTA comes off as a realistic approach to the sandbox genre (and does a damn good job at it too).

Omg, the story and design of GTA IV is a lot realistic, like a real mafia movie.. :roll:
By the way, SR 2 is a lot funnier, you can do alot more things that in GTA. :cool:

Ive heard good things about SR2 (we've all heard it from Cheapy though haven't we lol). Ive just got my copy in the post, ive rented it and going to play it over the weekend in co-op. So i will come back to this and give me my opinion.

They are both brilliant in their own way, GTAIV is a blockbuster movie, but overall I found Saints Row 2 more fun.

SR 2 is just funnier to play,i felt gta 4 was taking itself way to serious unlike san andreas.The septic avenger mission in sr2 trumps anything in gta 4.

Saint's Row 2. Many have said it, but I'll echo it: fun.

GTA4 is an amazing game, but I got bored with it and didn't go back and finish it until 6 months after release. It was missing that spark that makes it compulsively playable.

I've play quite a bit of both, but GTA 4 is by far the stronger game. Sure, Saints Row 2 is outlandish fun, but GTA 4 pushes what we expect out of games to a whole new level.

Don't get me wrong - there's something to be said for "fun" in a game (obviously), but I enjoyed GTA 4 more because it blew me away in more ways than Saints Row 2 did.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']I really dont think there that comparable. pretty one sided.[/quote]
i think its a very comparable topic. maybee its just me though? :whee:

I still need to play through the Saints Row series, but GTA4 was horrible IMO. So, I'd hope SR2 is better.

[quote name='naes']I still need to play through the Saints Row series, but GTA4 was horrible IMO. So, I'd hope SR2 is better.[/quote]

i think you will like the saints series, both are very fun games. and co-op is a great new feature

Saints Row 2 by far. I had more fun in the first 5 minutes, shooting the machine gun on the boat, than I had during all of GTAIV. (I stopped shortly after meeting Playboy X.)

I like SR2 better just because of all the dumb, yet fun, shit you can do in it.

bread's done
Back