Guardian Heros Advance snuck up on us!

controlcommerce

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
With the release of Fable and Guilty Gear XX#R, I completely forgot Guardian Heros Advance was coming out too. I hope this one was as good as the original. Does anyone know how many players it will support? I would me awasome if we could get 4 player action going on. Lots of games to buy tomorrow.

[quote name='controlcommerce']Now all I got to do is talk 3 of my friends into buying the game. This is not going to be easy seeing only one of them has a GBA.[/quote]

Tell then they can put the contacts on their tounge and play it then plug the link cable in their nose.

If they do that, get new freinds.

The strangest thing is that it's not called Guardian Heroes Advance but rather Advance Guardian Heroes. Looks like somebody messed up somewhere down the line in naming this thing.

Hmm...Sounds kinda like a disappointing product from Treasure. Astro Boy was a pretty great 2D action scroller though. Seems like for every good Treasure developed game a less than stellar title seems to follow not far behind for some reason.

Why didn't they just port the first one? I would think the GBA could handle the graphics, and I certainly wouldn't have complained about not having an update.

I can't believe they ruined Guardian Heroes. From the reviews it seems that there isn't even a connection between the story lines! What were they thinking? Anyone know if the Advance Guardian Heroes name is US only? Or was it named the same in Japan?

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/548/548114p1.html?fromint=1

Nevermind. I'll wait for the $5 clearance bin, thanks.[/quote]

Yup me too. And too think it sounded unbelieveable from all of the fans of it.

I got the game and it's disappointing if you compare to the Saturn version, but it is still a very enjoyable beat em up RPG game!

[quote name='Ledhed']Why didn't they just port the first one? I would think the GBA could handle the graphics, and I certainly wouldn't have complained about not having an update.[/quote]

I don't think the GBA could have done justice to the Saturn version.

It definitely does not live up to the saturn original, but it's by no means a bad game. I was pretty put-off by it when I started playing, but the more I get into it, the more I love it. Don't listen to all the reviews, I think they're way too harsh. I think it's just one of those love or hate it kind of Treasure games. IMO the biggest knocks against it are the kinda bland graphics and horrible engrish translation. I say it's worth getting, just don't expect the original.

[quote name='GuilewasNK'][quote name='Ledhed']Why didn't they just port the first one? I would think the GBA could handle the graphics, and I certainly wouldn't have complained about not having an update.[/quote]

I don't think the GBA could have done justice to the Saturn version.[/quote]

Yeah, you're probably right. I'd give anything for a Treasure compilation with their classic games. This and Gunstar Heroes define part of my damn childhood.

I just wish they could have waited and done this on the DS or PSP. Those systems have enough buttons and the proper horsepower for a Guardian Heroes game.

bread's done
Back